• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next
  • jablonski 17 May 2014 20:39:02 4,153 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    Fair enough, didn't think there were places left in the UK that struggled to get 3G. I don't think I would bother with fancy new phone if I didn't have spotify, netflix, dropbox etc. always connected with unlimited data.
    On my train journey from Twickenham to Waterloo every day I cant stream shit on 3G or 4G. Spotify works ok but any kind of video and its unpossible for more than 2 minutes at a time, really frustrating. And its not like that journey is in the middle of nowhere.

One of the reasons I ditched giffgaff is that unlimited internet was doing nothing for me, I have wifi at home and wifi at work, so commuting was the only time I need 3/4G and you cant stream video commuting so whats the point.

Oh and if all you do is stream video and Spotify then I think a smartphone is actually wasted on YOU my friend.
    Seem to remember Barnes to Putney being a total blackspot when I commuted there
  • nickthegun 17 May 2014 20:44:15 59,971 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Where I live in oxfordshire is pretty shit. I never get 3G, except on rare occasions. I get G at home, E if im at the window and its a its a pretty big town. Annoyingly, my dad lives up in the arse end of the peak district and he gets H+

So far, ive had O2 and Vodafone, both shit, so im canvassing colleagues at work to see what they get. Ive only got a 250mb data allowance which I never hit because transfer speeds are so shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• jablonski 17 May 2014 20:57:05 4,153 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got a huawei ascend y300 (lost 2 phones this year, so buying cheap from now on).

It's ridiculously sluggish. What are my options for changing the OS on this thing?
    It say it's already updated to the latest android firmware, but could I root it or something like that to get a better OS on?

Never rooted a phone, so not really sure if that would help.
  • Syrette 18 May 2014 17:26:53 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How would i go about being able to automatically extract zip files I've downloaded?

Every time I download a zip file on my phone from a site such as Mediafire (on the stock browser, and Chrome), it downloads seemingly fine then says "can't open file" and (therefore) "download unsuccessful".

I downloaded AndroZip, Download All Files, Easy Unrar and WinZip and none were any use for this problem.

• TheBigDaddy 18 May 2014 20:11:39 136 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Syrette wrote:
    How would i go about being able to automatically extract zip files I've downloaded?

Every time I download a zip file on my phone from a site such as Mediafire (on the stock browser, and Chrome), it downloads seemingly fine then says "can't open file" and (therefore) "download unsuccessful".

I downloaded AndroZip, Download All Files, Easy Unrar and WinZip and none were any use for this problem.
    I use ZArchiver which does the job. Also use Dolphin browser although you should be okay with Chrome along with ZArchiver.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last

Next