LittleBigPlanet 2 Page 30

• Page

of 34 First / Last

• the_dudefather 13 Feb 2011 21:18:51 8,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I only had to replay a level once in LBP2: the final boss, LBP1 seemed to be a lot less forgiving (don't think there is a standard '4 lives' checkpoint in 2)

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• wobbly_Bob 14 Feb 2011 10:13:21 1,433 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this on Friday, me and my other half have been playing it all weekend! Love it! We both have the day off ( Valentine's day) and plan to play it all afternoon together - you don't get more romantic than that lol

@ fillem: I agree it's a far more easy game than the first one, although sometimes lbp1 could be a little too frustrating. I think it was the last level with the rotating drum? Total bitch.

Can't wait to get into the create stuff once I finish the main game and collected all the bits I can.

I was thinking of getting a couple of the packs, pirates and the history pack; does anyone know if they are worth it or recommend any to get?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 14 Feb 2011 18:01:07 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The pirates pack has some nice level and is very useful if you are into creating. The history pack is in my opinion a waste of money.
    The MGS pack is good too if you don't have it already.

I thought LBP2 is a lot harder than 1, but then I'm quite terrible at this game. :)
  • Fillem 14 Feb 2011 19:53:53 123 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrok: wow. LBP 2 was my first one and although some levels were tricky, they were always "do-able" for lack of a better word and never frustrating.
    From the couple of levels I've played of the second one frustrating is a word that will pass my lips many, many times :).

It also confirms how much effort and variety they've put in the levels of the second one. Such a HUGE difference. Amazing.
  • Accordi0n 15 Feb 2011 00:52:29 1,075 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot, i had major trouble on the final boss.
    Knowing that LBP is 2D, the final phase had me completely stumped for about half an hour because i kept trying to run out the way of the attacks… the concept that the beams were meant to be shooting down and forwards eluded me for far too long. I still dont know how i figured all i had to do was jump…

while the game was certainly easier, the pace and diversity made up for it. Fireflies level was wonderful.

Now to try and create something…is a slow motion effect possible
    …I have an idea that might work, but it would probably destroy the thermo being that it requires masses of logic and doubling the level…and depends on instant camera changes[are these possible]
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Feb 2011 06:48:39 1,433 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    The pirates pack has some nice level and is very useful if you are into creating. The history pack is in my opinion a waste of money.
    The MGS pack is good too if you don't have it already.

Ok thanks I'll get those :-) I saw the monster kit, seemed interesting; have you tried that pack?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 15 Feb 2011 07:46:09 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Accordion:

Hah, took me a long time to figure out the phase of the final boss as well. So frustrating.

Instant camera changes are possible. You can switch from one movie camera to another at any point.
    The only slow motion effect I've seen so far was achieved by reducing gravity temporarily. Not sure how versatile that technique is though.

@wobbly_Bob:
    I have bought the Monster kit, because it contains little that I would use in my levels.
    If you are into creating, the VeraBee sticker pack is quite handy if you want some foliage in your levels.
  • X201 15 Feb 2011 09:23:33 14,692 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Re: DLC contents.

Chimpanzee, myself and a couple of anon users spent far too long creating this on Wikipedia. It lists the number of Costumes, Stickers etc in each pack and also mentions other things like sounds in the notes section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LittleBigPlanet_downloadable_content_packs
  • customfirmware 16 Feb 2011 13:44:07 669 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    killzone 3
  • chotunes 16 Feb 2011 15:05:19 3 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Funny music video for "Victoria's Lab" track from LittleBigPlanet 2. Victoria sings. Sackboy headbangs.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 17 Feb 2011 16:49:33 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Clove Space is an ace twin stick shooter.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2011 18:58:34
    X201 wrote:

Chimpanzee, myself and a couple of anon users spent far too long creating this on Wikipedia. It lists the number of Costumes, Stickers etc in each pack and also mentions other things like sounds in the notes section.

cheers for that! really informative, might d/l a couple of packs. on the water side of things, can you use it in only parts of the level?

I know you can set the water for the whole level, and add sensors in a level for to it appear - (i tried this and it didn't work for some reason) at a later stage, but again it seems to in the create mode part just encorporate the whole level. Im doing a kitchen nightmare sort of level, and would like to have water in a sink if that is possible.
  • uglygamer 17 Feb 2011 19:05:36 11,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrok wrote:

Tried playing that earlier today, wasnt working.

Whats everyones impressions on the quality of the community levels so far?
    Even though its only been about a month since its release, Im really impressed with some of the games been created.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 17 Feb 2011 19:05:46 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sadly, you can do that. It's always fills up the whole level. :(
    You could try playing with gravity tool a bit. Set it so that gravity is lower when the player is in the sink. That wouldn't be nearly as good as proper water though.
  • Deleted user 17 February 2011 19:10:44
    thanks for that syrok, i have a mess around later, i guess its part , or rather it is part of the joy of figuring things out for yourself.

The community levels thus far are superb, also the way the feedback is now done is better, so looking through comments etc is far easier, also a lot of people are really supportive and other help and solutions as well which is quite nice.

i lost my save data for LBP1 so gonna replay that now and again to get more materials etc, i really have caught the create a mode bug!
  • Luckyjim 18 Feb 2011 15:52:21 2,831 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just picked up LBP2. Which files do I need to keep from LBP1? I presume I can get rid of the install.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 18 Feb 2011 15:56:14 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure but once you imported it to LBP2 (it asks you to even before you start) you probably don't need any of them anymore. To be on the safe side I would keep the LBP1 profile. (You can put the profile on a memory stick if you want to save an extra 7Mb or so :p)

uglygamer wrote:
    Syrok wrote:

Tried playing that earlier today, wasnt working.
    Try again. It's worth it. :)
  • X201 18 Feb 2011 16:17:54 14,692 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Just picked up LBP2. Which files do I need to keep from LBP1? I presume I can get rid of the install.

Install?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 18 Feb 2011 16:30:52 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I assume he means all the data that is stored on your HDD (patches and stuff)
  • Luckyjim 18 Feb 2011 16:42:51 2,831 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    I assume he means all the data that is stored on your HDD (patches and stuff)

Exactly.
  • X201 18 Feb 2011 16:50:31 14,692 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It should be in two separate folders, Profile and DLC info should be in one (you need to keep them)

Game data should be in another folder. Should be OK to delete*

*I'm not responsible for any problems arising from deleting the file. Your house is at risk if you do not keep up the repayments on a loan secured on it.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Feb 2011 17:24:57 1,433 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:

cool, thx, that's very handy!

i am a bit cofused where the pirates pack says, "new tool to incorporate water into your level." err can do that already? anybody know what it means?
  • Accordi0n 18 Feb 2011 17:57:26 1,075 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Water was not included in the original release of LBP 1, it arrived with the Pirates pack.

LBP2 has it built in.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 18 Feb 2011 18:58:45 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First proper community project is now live. Should be good, quite a few top creators were involved.

Queue up the first level here: http://lbp.me/v/xyb97w
  • Progguitarist 18 Feb 2011 19:04:03 10,315 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Queued! Will try it later.
  • wobbly_Bob 18 Feb 2011 22:53:48 1,433 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Accordi0n wrote:
    Water was not included in the original release of LBP 1, it arrived with the Pirates pack.

LBP2 has it built in.

Ah ok thx I thought it was a pack for lbp2 so that explains it :-)
  • Deleted user 23 February 2011 05:09:38
    Do you have to watch all the tutorials before getting started or is there some way to just unlock them all? I want to edit my LBP1 level but don't want to go through all those tutorials.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 23 Feb 2011 07:05:08 14,031 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, scroll down to the bottom of the tutorial list and click "unlock all" or something like that. :)
  • Deleted user 23 February 2011 14:01:16
    I did that but the only icon highlighted and usable in the popit is the ? icon which sends me back to the tutorials. Hope it's not a glitch.
  • uglygamer 23 Feb 2011 14:22:16 11,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Theres a Plants vs Zombies level up

http://lbp.me/v/x252cr

• Page

of 34 First / Last