Nintendo 3DS Page 326

• Page

of 362 First / Last

• Raiko101 4 Nov 2013 04:50:21 6,051 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This might not be everyones cup of tea, but there's a 3rd person shooter coming to the 3DS next year, called IronFall. This isn't so much a trailer, but rather a tech demo which shows off some impressive visuals. Not sure it looks quite as good as Resident Evil Revelations, but it's running at 60fps (locked).

Of course, this doesn't mean the game will be any good. It doesn't look like there's a solid game here at all, but it's an interesting watch, at least!

Edited by Raiko101 at 04:51:37 04-11-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• DFawkes 4 Nov 2013 08:10:19 22,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems like solid foundations for good visuals. They just have to get the game right and I'm in :) I do hope it doesn't end up like The Conduit, where are focus on being a tech demo meant the game isn't as good as it could be.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• phoopipe 4 Nov 2013 08:25:15 1,385 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looking to get a 3DS for my son, Do i need anything else other than console and a game ? I vaguely remember a story of them not coming with a charger, Is that still the case ?
  • Murbal 4 Nov 2013 08:36:41 21,920 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The normal 3DS & the 2DS do, 3DS XL ones don't.
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 14:42:43
    Grax wrote:
    They. Have been going up and down like a yoyo if you can wait I would but 2013 is most definitely the 3ds's year
    I keep hearing people say that, but I'm not really sure why. This entire year of 3DS releases, only one game interests me and that's Luigi's Mansion 2.

Other than that, the most attractive games for me on the 3DS are Zelda OOT, Mario Land, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Starfox, Ridge Racer and Street Fighter.
  • DFawkes 4 Nov 2013 15:10:43 22,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    rumblesushi wrote:
    I keep hearing people say that, but I'm not really sure why. This entire year of 3DS releases, only one game interests me and that's Luigi's Mansion 2.
    Well there's your answer - differing opinions :) Nothing wrong with not liking the same stuff as everyone else. Simple as that. If you don't fancy MH3U, Fire Emblem, Castlevania MoF, Lego City, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Etrian Odyssey 4, Harvest Moon, MegaTen (2 of), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, proper Pokemon or any of the games still due like Zelda and Bravely Default, then fair enough :) I certainly don't fancy all of them. I've only bought 4 of them, with the intention of buying a couple more.

I think it's fairly clear why people would feel it was a great year for the 3DS though, as there are a fair few new games in established series' that weren't rushed so have ended up as really enjoyable editions. It's a good wide spread too, so most people will have a game or 2 they fancy.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:21:14 04-11-2013

• redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 15:15:52 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @joelstinton
    It's usually the GBA games that are rife with pirated copies, DS games are usually legit, I think I've seen one counterfeit copy in the last six years, and I bought about 80 games all in all, a fair few second-hand.

Make sure you go for a boxed copy with a manual and you'll almost certainly be fine.

Edited by redcrayon at 15:19:52 04-11-2013
  • redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 15:19:00 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DFawkes
    Yeah, Fire Emblem. Etrian Odyssey, Zelda and Phoenix Wright are pretty much my favourite portable series outside of Advance Wars, so getting a decent entry for each in the same year has made it a stellar 2013 for me, and probably the best year a handheld has had IMO.
  • StixxUK 4 Nov 2013 15:29:26 7,229 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I've only gone for fire emblem and Phoenix Wright personally... both very good but also both just the latest in long running series that haven't changed that much since the GBA days.

Before that the last 3ds game I picked up was Mario 3d land.
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 15:36:11
    @redcrayon K mate, i probably pop into game and see if i can pick up a second hand copy, at least it should have gone through a procedural check over.
  • Rhaegyr 4 Nov 2013 15:40:31 1,403 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love it when my brother asks for 3DS games for Christmas - saves me purchasing them for myself down the line.

When I saw Zelda and Pokemon on his list my face lit up more than his will the day he unwraps them!
  • Kay 4 Nov 2013 15:53:41 17,756 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fire Emblem is excellent, but more than anything else it has me yearning for a 3DS Advance Wars. Really hope there's one in the pipeline, preferably with the old cartoony look.
  • Raiko101 4 Nov 2013 16:03:28 6,051 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Surely there will be. They've released so much this year that unless they start thinking up new IPs or releasing sequels, we'll have little to look forward to.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 16:07:33 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I'll be really surprised if we don't see word of an Advance Wars game by the end of next year, like Fire Emblem they are probably thinking up all kinds of Streetpass/spotpass stuff you can do with it, challenge maps etc, especially as the game doesn't rely on levelled-up units. I'm not sure how much they sell, but the engine is already in place and almost perfectly balanced, and the art isn't exactly complicated. it's gotta be easy money, really.

Edited by redcrayon at 16:08:52 04-11-2013
  • Kay 4 Nov 2013 16:14:00 17,756 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The only worry about AW is that it's been years since the last one came out - an entry that effectively tried to reboot the series with a new style and failed - and we haven't heard anything about a new game since then. Although I can't imagine them giving up on such a huge IP, I guess if it's not a big seller then they may not bother.
  • redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 16:32:28 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This is true, but to be honest Fire Emblem never really set the world on fire in terms of sales either, and also went a fair while between entries. Nintendo's policy seemed to be that FE:A came out because it was apparent how much it could benefit from the 3DS features, and even then it was a last gasp for the series, and one that has paid off massively.

They'd have to be blind not to realise how AW fills a real gap in the market for western gamers, it definitely deserves another chance considering how easy it would be to produce. Still, as you say who knows. Fingers (and AA barrels) crossed!

Edited by redcrayon at 16:32:56 04-11-2013
  • Kay 4 Nov 2013 16:45:20 17,756 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FE is more niche than AW, so I guess if that came out (and sold really well) then a new AW is inevitable. If they take their time and make it as polished and feature-packed as FE is, it could be spectacular.
  • Deleted user 4 November 2013 16:45:31
    AW is a system seller & day-1 purchase for me

love those little dudes
  • Grax 4 Nov 2013 17:40:34 1,711 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I don't know, i enjoyed the second advance wars, the tone didn't put me off that much.
  • Bremenacht 4 Nov 2013 17:49:43 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My only fear with Advance Wars is that they'll be too easy and repeat too many gameplay elements from before. I want something meaty, not a lightweight game aimed at introducing new players to the series.
  • redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 18:00:20 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, I thought the same with fire Emblem, and as a series veteran I found the recommended difficulty (hard with permadeath) to be just right. No reason they couldn't do something similar with AW, have a forgiving setting for newbies and a harder campaign for us lot. I'm sure IS are aware they have players that don't need to be told what an APC is.
  • Bremenacht 4 Nov 2013 18:18:59 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I want Historyline on 3DS, basically. :)
  • redcrayon 4 Nov 2013 19:31:24 4,544 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hear ya :-)
  • acousticwilliam 5 Nov 2013 17:08:47 778 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendo repair services - FACEPALM.

Been waiting 'on a part' for 2 weeks, ridiculous that they don't know when they can repair it.

I demanded a call back from a manager which I was very surprised to actually receive.

They're going to just transfer the data to a brand new console, like-for-like and send it to me.

Still costing me 77 though.

But if mine isn't working, how are they expecting to transfer all my stuff? Magic?

NNID: Willum

• Deleted user 5 November 2013 17:20:51
    DFawkes wrote:
    rumblesushi wrote:
    Well there's your answer - differing opinions :) Nothing wrong with not liking the same stuff as everyone else. Simple as that. If you don't fancy MH3U, Fire Emblem, Castlevania MoF, Lego City, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Animal Crossing, Project X Zone, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Etrian Odyssey 4, Harvest Moon, MegaTen (2 of), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, proper Pokemon or any of the games still due like Zelda and Bravely Default, then fair enough :) I certainly don't fancy all of them. I've only bought 4 of them, with the intention of buying a couple more.

I think it's fairly clear why people would feel it was a great year for the 3DS though, as there are a fair few new games in established series' that weren't rushed so have ended up as really enjoyable editions. It's a good wide spread too, so most people will have a game or 2 they fancy.
    Sure, I can see that is a solid lineup. I guess I more meant it's ironic that only 1 of those games interests me. Oh, well DKCR too, but I've already played it on the Wii. I'd probably buy the 3DS version if it was 60fps.

Incidentally, does anyone know how the BC works on the 3DS? Does it use emulation, or does it contain DS components?

And another XL question, is it true the speaker quality is worse than the normal 3DS?
  • santashi 5 Nov 2013 18:19:53 5,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought the 3DS sounded a tiny bit clearer when I was using both in a Streetpass exercise the other day, but I thought it was just me. Probably was. :p

Has anyone got the extra Streetpass games? Are they worth it? And has that bundle offer expired as it only seems to give me the option of buying a single game at 4.99.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• DFawkes 5 Nov 2013 19:00:21 22,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The option to buy them all is hidden in a stupid place. I think you have to try and buy one, then it says "By the way, instead of 1, why not buy them all?" or something.

• mal 5 Nov 2013 19:12:48 22,332 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    acousticwilliam wrote:
    But if mine isn't working, how are they expecting to transfer all my stuff? Magic?
    Yeah, cos a Nintendo 3DS repair shop wouldn't have a way to open your 3DS and read the data off using an external reader, would they? Magic indeed.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• santashi 5 Nov 2013 19:44:49 5,036 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    The option to buy them all is hidden in a stupid place. I think you have to try and buy one, then it says "By the way, instead of 1, why not buy them all?" or something.
    Ah, thanks. I was afraid it would just go ahead and charge me for the single game.

I was going to get Unchained Blades and the Streetpass games, but now I've seen Blazybloo (or whatever that cutesy version is called) on there. Hadn't realised it had been localised! Makes me think of Fate/Tiger Colosseum to look at. Does it play like that too? And is it any good?

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Kacoethes 6 Nov 2013 15:37:35 1 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Just ordered that awesome looking Luigi 3DS XL off the Nintendo store...I half think I'm going to leave it all boxed up for a hopeful future profit but I'm sure the temptation will be too much. :)
  • Page

of 362 First / Last