Nintendo 3DS Page 308

• Page

of 372 First / Last

• DFawkes 22 Jun 2013 10:59:20 24,047 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    gooner77 wrote:
    where do you buy the bundle of streetpass games ? I can only see them individually
    You have to ask to buy one of them. The rabbit will then say something like "You can also buy them as a bundle if you like". It's silly that you have to try and buy one separately before it'll show you the option for the bundle, but there you go.

Edited by DFawkes at 10:59:41 22-06-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• gooner77 22 Jun 2013 11:55:15 897 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    gooner77 wrote:
    where do you buy the bundle of streetpass games ? I can only see them individually
    You have to ask to buy one of them. The rabbit will then say something like "You can also buy them as a bundle if you like". It's silly that you have to try and buy one separately before it'll show you the option for the bundle, but there you go.
    Thanks for that . Nintendo still trying to get a handle on the Internet I see
  • AaronTurner 23 Jun 2013 15:20:40 7,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got a 3ds xl but it won't update over my sky broadband or my mobile WiFi hotspot although it does connect to both. Just keeps saying an error occurred, unable to update. Any ideas? Seems like a lot of people have this trouble. I tried googles DNS settings with no luck.
  • AaronTurner 23 Jun 2013 16:32:32 7,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally got it, it completed a few mm of the bar before each error, quite tedious! Anyway, is there a reason not to but monster hunter from the online store?
  • macmurphy 23 Jun 2013 16:51:53 999 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @AaronTurner

Yes mate. Don't buy it you can get it for free. Go in to the monster hunter recommend a friend thread. Basically if you buy MH you can recommend a friend, they can download the game for free. But then they can recommend a friend. So it's an unending loop of free Monster Hunter. Just ask for a code, your post count should see people respond to you, just make sure you pass on the code that gets generated for you.
  • AaronTurner 23 Jun 2013 17:19:25 7,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That sounds like a better idea!
  • JiveHound 23 Jun 2013 17:26:39 2,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't give your code to anyone that isn't an established EGer as they will just fuck off.

I didn't even get so much as a thankyou. I could've given the code to Jambii who I've enjoyed playing Halo with and trying to decipher what he's saying on the mic.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• ProfessorLesser 23 Jun 2013 17:31:30 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any tips on picking up a 3DS XL? Good bundles, worth waiting for an offer? Price drop in the pipeline? Haven't had my finger on the pulse at all.
  • AaronTurner 23 Jun 2013 18:46:30 7,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I paid a lot for mine :(

@JiveHound Aye, if I get one I'll pass it on to a regular.

Edited by AaronTurner at 18:47:19 23-06-2013
  • telboy007 24 Jun 2013 12:17:51 698 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser The prices on Amazon have been all over the place recently from 120 to 140, got mine at Argos a few weeks ago for about 150. Depends what model you want to buy, some colours are more expensive than others.

I'm loving the 3DS (xl version).

Unlocked the achievement Exploring Uranus

• markyHD 24 Jun 2013 18:05:21 457 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ProfessorLesser

I picked up a few from tesco for 119 week or so ago. We got a red/blue/silver one, not sure if there are other colours
  • Deleted user 24 June 2013 18:22:54
    Really tempted to restart 3d land this evening. really is a great game.
  • ProfessorLesser 24 Jun 2013 19:38:15 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @markyHD can't believe I hesitated when I saw that price, at the time I had no idea how good it was :(
  • Raiko101 24 Jun 2013 21:50:31 6,707 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @joelstinton Go for it! What I love about Mario games is that you can get into them at any time. There's no plot to dedicate yourself too and this one isn't too lengthy, so you shouldn't be too concerned about having to rush through it, if you happen to buy a new game.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• SilentTristero 25 Jun 2013 01:55:17 299 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just unboxed my new Limited Ed. Fire Emblem 3DS XL - my first ever Limited Ed. console - and man, what a treat. The print on the lid is really fucking nice and downright tasteful. The top and bottom are a beautiful, almost metallic blue, with the rest of the machine in matte black. This is a colour scheme I'd actually pick regardless of the limited nature.

Impressions of the hardware in general are also extremely good - only concerns are the 'click' when adjusting the screen, and some minor rattling, somewhere. Very happy with the heft and build quality here, though.

Can't fucking wait to get started. When I get an AC Adapter. Weirdest exclusion from a hardware SKU I've seen. (Forgot to inform the people purchasing it about that little detail.)
  • zoolophage 27 Jun 2013 22:01:09 2,248 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's an embarrassment of riches on the 3DS these days, so much so that this month I've put in 38 hours on it! That's more than my last 4 months play time combined. I've been spending all of my commute time on it, getting right into Donkey Kong Country Returns, a good bit of Animal Crossing, and picking up older gems such as Pullblox once again. To my mind the 3DS library is now possibly even greater than the DS, which is not something I'd ever thought I'd hear myself say.

Still got a great deal of Luigi's Mansion to get through, all of Fire Emblem, most of Kid Icarus, and still even the harder levels of 3D Mario. And then there's Monster Hunter, another massive time sink. I'm even still mopping up a fair few DS games as well. Oh yeah, and I forgot that I also picked up the latest Professor Layton a couple of weeks ago. Has there ever been such an awesome time to be a handheld gamer as now? The 3DS xl is truly a modern marvel. I don't always appreciate it, but I think it's the thing that's kept me in touch with gaming over the past couple of years.

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and pc in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501?start=120

• voden 27 Jun 2013 22:13:06 65 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a fantastic wee machine. It's basically the best hand held of all time due to the virtual console and backwards compatibility with the DS. It's own library is not to be sniffed at either. Some truly great games now.
  • Gold1877 27 Jun 2013 22:18:02 461 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SilentTristero wrote:
    Just unboxed my new Limited Ed. Fire Emblem 3DS XL - my first ever Limited Ed. console - and man, what a treat. The print on the lid is really fucking nice and downright tasteful. The top and bottom are a beautiful, almost metallic blue, with the rest of the machine in matte black. This is a colour scheme I'd actually pick regardless of the limited nature.

Impressions of the hardware in general are also extremely good - only concerns are the 'click' when adjusting the screen, and some minor rattling, somewhere. Very happy with the heft and build quality here, though.

Can't fucking wait to get started. When I get an AC Adapter. Weirdest exclusion from a hardware SKU I've seen. (Forgot to inform the people purchasing it about that little detail.)
    This is the one I bought 3 weeks ago & love it too, I bought mine with FE, Lugi's mansion, Lego city', & Donkey Kong & since added Animal crossing, Mario 3D land & NSMB 2, I have hardly touched anything since I got AC, I've put 53 hours into it since day of release.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Raiko101 27 Jun 2013 22:43:57 6,707 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It is an amazing console. The amount of quality on offer too is ridiculous. I'm nosing around the eShop at the minute and i've still got games i've yet to touch. No idea when i'll get around to playing Fire Emblem and i'm eyeing up Project X Zone now!

This console has almost single handedly killed off my interest in the Xbox now. I'm thinking portable gaming is the future for me.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Gold1877 27 Jun 2013 22:45:43 461 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I play at home, in bed, on my dinner break at work its just great.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Deleted user 27 June 2013 22:52:28
    i know what you mean by i don't always appreciate it. Its like listening to black sabbath or something, don't always listen to it, but when you do once a year or what ever you think fuck me why don't i listen to this band more often.

I started my second playthrough on Mario 3Dland tonight, i accidently left it at work earlier in the week and couldn't get till today. But man! enjoying it more than the first time, the level design is glorious.
  • Gold1877 27 Jun 2013 22:59:37 461 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't touched Mario 3D land yet.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Deleted user 27 June 2013 23:05:17
    you are really in for a treat. Replaying it, it feels like a natural sequel for the 2d games, it is the 2d games but in a 3d world, its really clever design work.

I know some people were bummed out by not getting Galaxy 3, or S'Mario Universe or whatever for the wii u, but a good game is still going to be a good game, and 3d land really is fantastic.

I do worry with internet narrative, 3d land will start to get a negative outlook because of the wii u situation. Doesn;t deserve it.
  • Fydria 28 Jun 2013 07:39:39 562 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mario 3D Land may be my next purchase. I got New Super Mario Bros 2 with my 3DS but although I enjoyed playing it, was far too simple. Collecting the million coins would feel a bit like a chore too.
  • Bealsy 28 Jun 2013 08:14:21 808 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    System Update that enables game updates is now live. Updating MK7 :)

Also definitely get Mario 3D Land. It's superb (not that I can put Luigi's Mansion down mind you).

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• RyanDS 28 Jun 2013 08:18:58 9,833 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Personally I am finding mario 3d land rather safe, mediocre and a bit boring. The 3d adds nothing to the game, and just adds a layer of frustration.

It's not bad, just safe and uninspired 6/10
  • Gold1877 28 Jun 2013 08:24:22 461 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What was the system update for?.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Ashleyfiddes 28 Jun 2013 08:31:18 980 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @RyanDS colour me surprised
  • Bealsy 28 Jun 2013 08:36:33 808 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Wolves1877 downloadable updates for your games - eg THAT Mario Kart 7 fix for Cheaty McCheaters online.

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• zoolophage 28 Jun 2013 08:47:46 2,248 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Personally I am finding mario 3d land rather safe, mediocre and a bit boring. The 3d adds nothing to the game, and just adds a layer of frustration.

It's not bad, just safe and uninspired 6/10
    Funny you should say that as I was just playing it this very minute and berating myself for not getting back into it sooner. I personally find it to be an exuberant expression of all that is good about Mario games. But, fair enough...if you don't like it, you don't like it. That happens sometimes...you just don't get on with a game for whatever reason. I could say the same about MK7...good game but it just doesn't do much for me. Which is strange as I'm a Mario Kart fan. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

Win great prizes for pc, xbox, nintendo and pc in the 2015 EG Charity Raffle: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/289501?start=120

• Page

of 372 First / Last