Nintendo 3DS Page 306

• Page

of 363 First / Last

• kingcrowbar 14 Jun 2013 10:50:31 917 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally the Chain of Stupidity is complete and I have 7 for 5.

Started with Fire Emblem and Luigi on my 3DS then got AC(1) download code from game yesterday. Claimed free code for AC(2) and used it as 3rd game on my boys Club Nintendo after DK and Lego, now waiting on another free code for AC(3) to stick on the girls 3DS.

I have it justified in my mind as buy 1 AC get 2 free :D
  • Restart 14 Jun 2013 11:22:10 4,711 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got DKCR for 22 on a Flubit offer along with Monster Hunter for 26 on another offer. Couple that with AC that I got yesterday from ShopTo for 25, & Fire Emblem as part of the promotion. So around 75 for 4 pretty brand new games. Not bad at all!
  • Dravos 14 Jun 2013 11:26:45 177 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Grabbed DKCR (Looks like I should start using Flubit), and AC for the wife/kids for 25 each from Tesco with a voucher on separate accounts. Already had Fire Emblem as a downloaded game. Will probably grab Luigi's Mansion as the freebie.

3DS FC: 2664-2580-8829

• munki83 14 Jun 2013 13:18:36 1,412 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    /sigh. Went to register my animal crossing to complete my too many games offer and the process bugged out on my and was trying to make me register at the end even though I was signed in already. Now the code is showing as used. Have sent an email to the support team.
  • gooner77 14 Jun 2013 14:28:16 757 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still waiting for my AC code from the So many games promotion. Is anyone else here in the same boat or have the codes been sent out ?
  • zoolophage 14 Jun 2013 14:35:05 1,684 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @gooner77

Check your club Nintendo account and it should be there. Email may show up at any time.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Kay 14 Jun 2013 14:47:19 17,840 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For all of Nintendo's faults in recent years, I can't imagine any of the other console makers having their top developers sending handwritten virtual messages through your console, or having virtual versions of senior execs popping up and giving you puzzle pieces and helping you out in an RPG - at least, not without it coming across as forced and completely devoid of charm.

I think that's what most people mean when they talk about Nintendo coming across as more than just a ruthless company only interested in making hard cash.

Edited by Kay at 14:48:47 14-06-2013
  • gooner77 14 Jun 2013 15:21:54 757 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @zoolophage

Thanks for the tip. Got the code ;)
  • MysteryLamb 14 Jun 2013 18:55:01 525 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago

Edited by MysteryLamb at 18:58:12 14-06-2013
  • Minotauro 16 Jun 2013 12:21:21 92 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A little help please guys. So I downloaded AC as my free game. Now I would like to give the registration code from AC to a friend so he only has to buy two games to get a free game. But there's no sign of any code? My CN nintendo account is connected to the eshop on my 3DS.
  • Short-Round 16 Jun 2013 14:23:03 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Minotauro wrote:
    A little help please guys. So I downloaded AC as my free game. Now I would like to give the registration code from AC to a friend so he only has to buy two games to get a free game. But there's no sign of any code? My CN nintendo account is connected to the eshop on my 3DS.
    Don't think you get a registration code dude. My free game was AC, and a few hours after I'd downloaded it, it showed up on my Club Nintendo account as my most recent registered product (and I had to go through the short registration survey to claim the Stars for it).
  • YenRug 16 Jun 2013 18:38:59 2,133 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Short-Round wrote:
    Minotauro wrote:
    Don't think you get a registration code dude. My free game was AC, and a few hours after I'd downloaded it, it showed up on my Club Nintendo account as my most recent registered product (and I had to go through the short registration survey to claim the Stars for it).
    Yep, that is correct, the only way to register a game on someone else's account is to link the eshop on your system to their registered e-mail before you redeem the download code. Afterwards, you can then re-link the eshop back to your own account.
  • Minotauro 16 Jun 2013 23:45:24 92 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Short-Round wrote:
    Minotauro wrote:
    Yep, that is correct, the only way to register a game on someone else's account is to link the eshop on your system to their registered e-mail before you redeem the download code. Afterwards, you can then re-link the eshop back to your own account.
    Thanks for the replies. Wish I'd have known though, I'll have to dissapoint my friend :(

Take note people, don't let my mistake be in vain!
  • mal 17 Jun 2013 00:28:29 22,478 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just finally figured out my club nintendo details. Yay! Most of my points are expiring this month (apart from the 900 points for registering the console which are long gone)! Success!

So I've just registered another game from my backlog to try to get a 1500 point item, but when I go to the stars catalogue page it still shows I'm short. Is there a man in Japan who needs to copy my registration codes from my account page to the stars page. Hmm, it's almost 8:30am in Japan. Get to work, slackers!

Edited by mal at 00:29:26 17-06-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Wolves1877 18 Jun 2013 00:27:55 390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well I was late to join the 3DS party, Bought an XL bundle 2 weeks ago with FE, Also now have Lugi's mansion 2, Monster Hunter 3, Lego City, Donkey kong, Super Mario 3D land, New super Mario bros 2 & AC New Leaf.

Haven't played any other platform since owning this little gem of a console.

• JinTypeNoir 18 Jun 2013 02:36:37 4,386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So the Streetpass Mii plaza has been massively updated. You can now buy 4 new games (some sort of detective ghost mansion game, strategy world-conquering game, gardening game and shooting game) that use streetpass miis to play and there is support for nds hats, as well tickets that you can earn to get new goodies, and some brand new streetpass puzzles, as well as an pixel art Mario hat.

I haven't bought any games yet, but they seem really full-featured. There may be other updates I haven't noticed yet...

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 04:25:49 18-06-2013
  • JinTypeNoir 18 Jun 2013 04:49:02 4,386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So other changes include:

-the e-shop download system has been slightly updated

-you can back-up game saves now (there's a little arrow on the left side of the manual and start playing options when you select a game). Backed-up games seem to go in a menu with a list of games you've backed up, their icon, and how much space they take up. You can manage this list in the settings menu where you can choose to restore or delete saves. Backed up saves go into a special folder on the SD card so you can easily tell where they are (but not what game they are, unfortunately) and I think you can backup more than once as you long as you export the first set to a different device first. Restored saves can be used to restore your condition should you delete a game or to switch between sets of saves, effectively increasing the amount of save slots to a game to an infinite amount with some doing on the user's part.

-shooting, garden, world battle and mansion detective games are each 500 yen in Japan, but if you buy them all in a pack, its only 1500 yen, or if you buy the first for 500 and decide to buy the other three in a pack, its 1700 yen. Games are now set off in a separate screen where your Mii can travel between each game. The previous Puzzle and Quest games are in here and if you haven't bought the new games there is a rabbit in a hole who will use his magic tablet to explain about the game to you and give you a chance to buy it. Once bought they become selectable icons on the bottom screen as well, for a total of eight: entrance, puzzle, quest, shooting, garden, world battle, mansion and mystery space that has no icon yet. You get a special hat for each game you buy, a shooting helmet, flower arrange hat, a castle and a witch hat with a ghost sticking its tongue out.

-there is now an option to update the Streetpass Plaza in the main menu far to the left.

-new music listening options for the new areas and games (even the rabbit's explanation music).

-new achievements

-maps are now displayed for several countries where they weren't before

-you can scroll through your miis in the plaza quite a bit faster now and by pressing R you can scroll even faster

-you can change the expression of your mii when you say input your preset reply to guest miis

-there is a ticket booth in the main menu when you earn tickets from the new games to get new hats. I earned a star hat and a mega mushroom hat from shooting today.

-I only had time to play shooting, but its really full-featured for 500 yen. There are a lot of stages that take place on different planets and funny cutscenes to advance the story. You can only shoot if you have miis that you streetpassed, or ones you've already streetpassed that you can buy for 3 coins (up to 3), or cats you can buy with coins (up to 10, 2 coins each). As you play the stage they come in as power-ups and you place them as options by touching bubbles around your craft on the bottom screen to arrange them. Two or more in a row will level up the power of the weapon and each mii's color affects what kind of shot it does, with 12 different ones. You press A to shoot and L and R to rotate your options like the forces in R-Type around your ship. Enemies come from above, below and behind and the stage scroll around in different ways, so you have to do this frequently. There also other items and bonuses to be found in stages. If you get hit you lose a mii and if you lose all your miis its game over. You can only play stage at a time, once you're done you need to streetpass more new miis or pay coins to hire new ones. The graphics are really beautiful, colorful and vivid and the stages are of a decent length with a boss at the end. You have set point limit you try to reach at the end and you can get bonuses for all sorts of things to help you pass it. There are achievements within the game as well as new nicknames you can use to spice up what your leader Mii is called. There's also a blanked out option between the main quest and other options, and the bunny alluded to a special new mode or quest after you win the main one, so maybe...oh yeah, there is a point ranking with the miis your streetpass adding their scores to the ranking if they have the game too.

That's about all I can think of for now, I'll let you know about the other games as soon as I've played them, but I want to streetpass people to play them, so I'll update tonight after I return from my job. Should get more than 10 streetpasses for that.
  • mal 18 Jun 2013 09:06:14 22,478 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds good. I'm still playing through SQ and SQ2 but they are getting more than a little old now.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• zoolophage 18 Jun 2013 18:39:12 1,684 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone tried out the new games on the street pass update. Every time I try to get info about them an error occurs and the 3ds has to restart?

Edit: never mind, I see there's a story about it on the front page.

Edited by zoolophage at 18:41:13 18-06-2013

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• Articulate-Troll 19 Jun 2013 14:16:26 3,101 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, I finally took the plunge and ordered a 3DS with 5 games. Having largely ignored the thing since its launch, I was surprised by how many good games there are available now.

It seems to bridge the gap between Nintendo's portable franchises and the bigger console games, which means so far it has a much better selection of exclusives then most Nintendo consoles do at this point in their lifespan. Pretty surprising, since the 3DS was a virtual graveyard at launch.

It's just a shame Nintendo still insist on draconian region locking so that I have to import everything from playasia.
  • Fydria 20 Jun 2013 08:47:37 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got a 3DS yesterday but I'm quite confused by the whole Club Nintendo thing, the first site I tried to sign up to wouldn't let me because it was US and Canada only but the rewards looked quite awesome, so I ended up signing up to the UK one and registering some products but there isn't half as much stuff to redeem, Super Mario Bros 3 I'm looking at you!
  • DFawkes 20 Jun 2013 09:39:33 22,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Isn't that just the Wii version? Because you can just buy a points card and get it that way. Bit pricey (2000 points, roughly 8 games) where it's only 150 on the US Club, where they get about 40 coins per proper game. Just as well buying it yourself!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• midi82 20 Jun 2013 12:01:02 671 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Has anyone tried out the new streetpass games?
    Any impressions?
  • DFawkes 20 Jun 2013 12:15:55 22,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I couldn't see a way to buy the bundle, so I didn't bother. I would like to give them a go, but I'd rather have them all at once.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Pinky_Floyd 20 Jun 2013 14:15:08 7,730 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Picked up a copy of Mario 3d Land for 15. Not that I will be playing it anytime soon thanks to Tom Nook and his robbing ways.
  • Wolves1877 20 Jun 2013 14:36:49 390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Picked up a copy of Mario 3d Land for 15. Not that I will be playing it anytime soon thanks to Tom Nook and his robbing ways.
    Same here, Bought Mario 3D land & NSMB 2 last Thursday, I haven't touched them nor anything else for that matter since AC last Friday.

• Pinky_Floyd 20 Jun 2013 14:39:46 7,730 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wolves1877 wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Same here, Bought Mario 3D land & NSMB 2 last Thursday, I haven't touched them nor anything else for that matter since AC last Friday.
    Managed 3 hours on the last of us and that has been an effort. Hours just fly by on AC :)
  • Mageme 20 Jun 2013 15:40:22 2,013 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same here. AC has robbed my time completely from Fire Emblem and MH3. And Project X Zone is out soon too. I'm going to take a slower pace on AC now, rather than try and play catch up with those folks who have raced ahead. I'm still missing some fruit though...

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• Wolves1877 20 Jun 2013 15:41:58 390 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Mageme

What fruit are you missing mate?

• Page

of 363 First / Last