Nintendo 3DS Page 281

• Page

of 357 First / Last

• thegofp 30 Apr 2013 17:12:24 169 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Point still stands though, I am not willing to buy any digital games if I got a 3DS XL as I may finish the games I want to play, then sell it and buy another one in a year or two when some more games I want to play come out.

With every other console I can do this, I can do it on my Android phone, my Ipad, my Vita, My 360, my PS3, my Kindle, my Steam account. When my wife sold her iPad, then a couple years later bought an iPad4 she could get all her old games back.

Nintendo are genuinely the only company I know who don't have this functionality. It is bewildering.
    You've got to admit some of the issue is in part to do with your odd way of dealing with systems... buying and selling systems whenever there's a game you want to play is not a particularly financially logical strategy. If you just bought a 3DS and kept it there'd be no problem.

Also redownloading on Apple devices was restricted until two years ago. Sony has tightened up. Nintendo's getting there... they're slower than other companies, but they do get there eventually.
  • el_pollo_diablo 30 Apr 2013 17:17:43 2,032 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nintendo's absolutely not getting there. They're a disgrace! :)
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 17:26:28
    Yeah Nintendo are like 2 generations behind with this shit. My fucking phone lets me re-download games onto a new phone. My phone provides a better gaming service than Nintendo.
  • YenRug 30 Apr 2013 17:29:55 1,775 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Two Tesco Direct codes, if anyone's interested, for use up to and over the Bank Holiday weekend:

Save 10 when you spend 100 - TDX-JWPX

Save 20 when you spend 200 - TDX-PTYW

Might be handy if you're looking for a 3DS XL!

T&C's:

eCoupon code TDX-JWPX entitles you to save 10 when you spend 100 or more at Tesco direct, excluding Sellers at Tesco. This eCoupon is valid on orders placed on or before 23.59 on 06/05/13.

eCoupon code TDX-PTYW entitles you to save 20 when you spend 200 or more at Tesco direct, excluding Sellers at Tesco. This eCoupon is valid on orders placed on or before 23.59 on 06/05/13.

Please enter the eCoupon code at the Tesco direct checkout to qualify.These eCoupon are only valid until the dates stated above. Orders must be placed by the stated end date to qualify.eCoupons can be used online at the Tesco direct checkout by entering the eCoupon code.
    To use in-store hand the eCoupon over with your Clubcard at the Tesco direct desk. To use on the phone please inform the customer assistant when ordering and read out the code during checkout.
    These eCoupons cannot be used in-store at the main stores checkouts or at other Tesco online stores.Each eCoupon code can only be used once per customer.eCoupon codes starting TDX- cannot be used with any other eCoupon code.
    All products are subject to availability and where stocked.
    These eCoupons are, and shall remain the property of Tesco Stores Ltd and are not for re-sale or publication.We reserve the right to withdraw any of these eCoupons at any time before the published end date. Copied, damaged or defaced coupons will not be accepted.Delivery costs are excluded from the minimum spend values.
  • Wavey 30 Apr 2013 17:48:49 262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished gunman clive. What an amazing little game. Short, but for little over a quid was very good!!
  • Raiko101 30 Apr 2013 17:50:52 5,580 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoyed it too, but I found it way too easy. Wouldn't mind a larger and more challenging sequel though!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Kay 30 Apr 2013 18:09:32 17,404 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Played a bit of Gunman Clive the other day, seems decent but I'm currently too hooked on Layton to want to play anything else.

Although I'm rather tempted to pick up NSMB2, after trying a bit of NSMBU (they really need to work on the titles), which looked surprisingly good. But alas, not enough for me to get a Wii U at this stage, so have to look elsewhere for a 2D Mario fix.

I know NSMB2 apparently isn't as inventive or good, but is it sufficiently different from the original DS version to warrant playing? Cos it kinda looks the same to me in screenshots, all the gold coins aside. Doesn't help that it's still bloody 30 everywhere.

Edited by Kay at 18:11:13 30-04-2013
  • Gregolution 30 Apr 2013 18:16:39 3,116 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kay

Is layton good then mate? Was thinking about picking that up
  • MrSemprini 30 Apr 2013 18:54:34 9,330 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kay wrote:I know NSMB2 apparently isn't as inventive or good, but is it sufficiently different from the original DS version to warrant playing?
    If you can borrow it or rent it, it's worth a small amount of your time provided the thought of playing much the same game again after the DS & Wii iterations doesn't put you off. There's better things to spend 30 on.
  • Kangoo 30 Apr 2013 20:32:31 1,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution

Not sure how good it is but it's 14.99 in HMV at the moment. Picked one up over the weekend but not had a chance to try it yet.

PSN: Adwab2

• midi82 30 Apr 2013 21:20:22 579 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you like the previous Layton games then it's more of the same. But with better animations. There's plenty of new puzzle types. Definitely worth 15 quid
  • richardiox 30 Apr 2013 22:33:59 5,422 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If I download a game from the eshop do I still get a club Nintendo code eg how do I register it to count towards the buy 3 get 4 offer?
  • Kid_Icarus 30 Apr 2013 22:40:34 556 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It registers automatically if your account is linked, at least Fire Emblem did for me.
  • richardiox 30 Apr 2013 22:48:53 5,422 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cool. Tempted to buy fire emblem from the eshop despite ranting on the last page about Nintendo's shitty purchasing policy.
  • DuvaDan88 30 Apr 2013 23:09:48 520 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All downloads on the eshop get linked to your club nintendo account. I only download my games and they are linked within 5min

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• redcrayon 1 May 2013 00:13:00 4,538 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have to say Layton has great replay value. I'm still tackling the daily puzzles more than 6 months after release.
  • kingcrowbar 1 May 2013 00:23:17 878 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @richardiox Don't forget Game do discounted (versus eShop pricing anyway) codes for the eShop.

33 rather than 40 for most of the big ones.
  • JinTypeNoir 1 May 2013 03:10:54 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kay That will depend on how much you think you're into the coin collecting design and how much you like 2D Mario. Its quite a different title from the original game, but I don't know if you'll find it different enough if you've played the Wii and DS game. The level design feels distinctly different, since its made by a new team trained by the old Mario team. Its got a certain tricky old school quality to it.

I found it disappointing that there weren't very many new enemies, and that the stage gimmicks have been toned down a bit, but other than that, I really had a blast. That whole idea of the New series about being easy to get through a stage, but hard to master is at, I think, its fullest form here.

The best example of this (no spoilers) is a secret stage you can access where a floating platform drifts through most of the stage, and is relatively easy to win, but extremely difficult to manipulate the gold rings and flying turtles to grab all the coins you can in it. I died over 50 times attempting to get a score though I got past the stage on my third try.

The downloadable stage packs are absolutely frigging amazing, so keep that in mind if you want the game. The main game is certainly not lacking in content, but for about half the price of the main game, you get another 30-40 levels that are beyond awesome and would have elevated the game to God Status had they been included as secrets.
  • Mola_Ram 1 May 2013 03:49:41 6,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah Nintendo are like 2 generations behind with this shit. My fucking phone lets me re-download games onto a new phone. My phone provides a better gaming service than Nintendo.
    I understand some people's frustrations here, but don't think the comparisons to phones are particularly instructive.

A 3DS isn't a phone. You don't have one on a contract, so (ideally) you're not going to be changing them around all the time. Of course it sucks to have one lost or broken, and Nintendo might want to introduce some sort of insurance for those people who have lost everything.

But if you sold your DS and its games (as the poster on the previous page seemed to do), then it does seem a bit weird for someone to be then asking for those games back when he buys a new console. Particularly if the person he sold it to has access to all those games as well.
  • Kay 1 May 2013 12:04:46 17,404 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Gregolution It's my first Layton, and after a slow start I'm really enjoying it. At first I was only really playing it for the puzzles (which are varied - some are genius, most are easy, with the odd one or two that were poor or just didn't make sense to me), but I quickly got into the story too, and the presentation is fantastic. Perfect Sunday afternoon-type game - very laidback and not the sort of thing you'd enjoy if you try to rush through it.

Definitely worth it for 15, as there's loads of content outside of the main game in there too, including a mini-game that has you training a cute fluffy rabbit to perform in plays. Yep, it's as adorable as it sounds.
  • Cosmopolitan 1 May 2013 12:42:40 1,899 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    If you just bought a 3DS and kept it there'd be no problem.
    If Nintendo only released one version of the 3DS there'd be no problem :) Remember the old DS, how many versions it had? Once the sexier "Lite" was out, who would still want to keep their old, grey brick?
    Now the 3DS XL is out, and who wouldn't want a larger screen?

The Master of Unlocking.

• richardiox 1 May 2013 12:49:36 5,422 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kingcrowbar wrote:
    @richardiox Don't forget Game do discounted (versus eShop pricing anyway) codes for the eShop.

33 rather than 40 for most of the big ones.
    Good call mate. 32 fire emblem digital download is 7 quid cheaper than a physical copy from a shop.
  • Mola_Ram 1 May 2013 12:56:25 6,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    thegofp wrote:
    If you just bought a 3DS and kept it there'd be no problem.
    If Nintendo only released one version of the 3DS there'd be no problem :) Remember the old DS, how many versions it had? Once the sexier "Lite" was out, who would still want to keep their old, grey brick?
    Now the 3DS XL is out, and who wouldn't want a larger screen?
    Isn't there a System Transfer thing that you can use? I'm not certain myself, as this is my first 3DS.
  • Gregolution 1 May 2013 12:58:07 3,116 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Gregolution 1 May 2013 12:59:04 3,116 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kay

Sold! Thanks for the write up, off to HMV I go.
  • gieltjegitaar 1 May 2013 13:27:37 47 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Isn't there a System Transfer thing that you can use? I'm not certain myself, as this is my first 3DS.
    Yes, you can transfer all your data from one 3DS to another 3DS (XL). There's also a free app in the eShop which lets you transfer save data from a physical copy to a digital copy if you decide to sell your boxed game and buy the digital version instead.
  • JiveHound 1 May 2013 19:22:43 2,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So I've just bought Mario Kart and I don't have any friends.

Can anyone tell me how to find my 3ds friend code?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Deleted user 1 May 2013 19:25:11
    go to the orange friend thing on your dash board. its should be on your gamercard.
  • richardiox 1 May 2013 19:31:31 5,422 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone else had problems with the headphone jack on the XL? Tried 3 different sets of headphones and they all fit very loose in the jack and if I make any slight movements the sound will start playing out the speakers. Far from ideal and according to Google seems to be a common problem.

Only got it yesterday and loathe to take it back already.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 20:05:51
    So who ordered an XL from amazon.it and how long did it take to arrive?
  • Page

of 357 First / Last