Nintendo 3DS Page 280

  • Page

    of 362 First / Last

  • addyb 29 Apr 2013 21:38:22 1,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah its an awful setup. Shame really as I would spend a lot more in the eshop if it had a proper account system.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 21:40:02
    Yeah they aren't doing themselves any favours. Nintendo probably have the best catalogue to invest in but you would have to be fucking daft to do so digitally.
  • addyb 29 Apr 2013 21:50:34 1,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Yeah they aren't doing themselves any favours. Nintendo probably have the best catalogue to invest in but you would have to be fucking daft to do so digitally.
    Agreed. Oh how I'd love to have the entire back catalogue of nes/snes games accessible with a Nintendo network ID thats not tied to the system.
  • mal 29 Apr 2013 22:01:26 22,332 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Since we are asking questions :) You know in your friends list it shows what activity you and your friends are doing (game being played, eshop etc) if they are playing a DS game does that show up?

    Sorry if its a stupid question. I was playing 999 the other day but my friend said it didn't show as anything. Not sure if he was just lying though. :)
    To save this from getting lost at the head of the last page, I suspect it does not show them up. As far as I can tell when you load a DS game the 3DS OS shuts down and it restarts as a DS, a bit like the Wii will turn into a Gamecube to run GC games, and a WiiU into a Wii. Consequently, you're marked as offline on the 3DS (and you can't even connect to your router to go online at all unless it supports 802.11b and has a few obscure ports open, or you're playing a DSi game)

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • addyb 29 Apr 2013 22:14:52 1,019 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mal wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    Since we are asking questions :) You know in your friends list it shows what activity you and your friends are doing (game being played, eshop etc) if they are playing a DS game does that show up?

    Sorry if its a stupid question. I was playing 999 the other day but my friend said it didn't show as anything. Not sure if he was just lying though. :)
    To save this from getting lost at the head of the last page, I suspect it does not show them up. As far as I can tell when you load a DS game the 3DS OS shuts down and it restarts as a DS, a bit like the Wii will turn into a Gamecube to run GC games, and a WiiU into a Wii. Consequently, you're marked as offline on the 3DS (and you can't even connect to your router to go online at all unless it supports 802.11b and has a few obscure ports open, or you're playing a DSi game)
    Thanks for the info mate. I thought it would have something to do with disabling the network features
  • JinTypeNoir 30 Apr 2013 01:41:32 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the reason they require a police report is because its piss easy to do in Japan with our police boxes that are always very close to where you live. Its common knowledge that you do this with anything else, most commonly a bike or a cellphone and so its easy to go through the motions here.

    I would imagine filing a police report for a lost or stolen machine is less common and more of a hassle in other countries, or else no one would complain about it. I think its something that Nintendo overlooks because they base their policy on the Japanese ideas of what's fair.

    I think its an example of something Iwata ought to catch now that he's supposed to have more involvement with the American branch. It seems like it would be easy to implement with a firmware upgrade, so hopefully an optional account system is in the works for people overseas who think this is ridiculous.

    I say optional, because unless its the type of thing that asks for your credit card info each and every time, but not does not require you to log in and out frequently, I don't personally want to have to deal with that on my 3DS. I've never had anything in my life stolen and I've never lost anything about actual physical games, not consoles, and those only rarely. Even if I did, I wouldn't find Nintendo's protocol to be that much of a hassle.

    You don't hear the vitriol for no account system among Japanese gamers because of the aforementioned differences in expectation here, but that doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't listen to overseas gamers' requests.

    Edited by JinTypeNoir at 01:42:36 30-04-2013
  • dazcox5181 30 Apr 2013 09:49:39 291 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK I know I said order online a page back, but now I've been paid I want my 3DSXL... Where's best high street to walk in and buy?

    Want the XL, would like at least LM2 but open to FE or MH3 packs

    http://gizmodad.co.uk

  • mikew1985 30 Apr 2013 10:03:56 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Argos were doing a deal at the start of the month, not sure if it's still on.

    Amazon.it were selling for 150 too(a stupidly low 127ish to you), that's where I got mine.

    Edit: And the amazon deal is still on, if you can stomach the wait, it's an unbeatable price.

    Edited by mikew1985 at 10:04:50 30-04-2013
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 10:05:17
    Did you not get stung with import fees?
  • santashi 30 Apr 2013 10:07:16 5,036 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mowgli Italy is in the EU, and there are no customs fees between EU countries. If you meant something else, ignore me. :)

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • dazcox5181 30 Apr 2013 10:17:14 291 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Argos is still 149.99 for console only - red blue or silver. Any deals out there on the bundles?

    http://gizmodad.co.uk

  • JiveHound 30 Apr 2013 10:27:52 2,322 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I saw a white xl Mario 3d bundle on Amazon for 160. Best deal I've seen so far.

    Fucking tremendous game too.

    Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 10:48:57
    santashi wrote:
    @mowgli Italy is in the EU, and there are no customs fees between EU countries. If you meant something else, ignore me. :)
    No I was thinking about Italy but still imagined some import headache. Good to hear.
  • santashi 30 Apr 2013 11:01:12 5,036 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There wasn't any headache importing from VGP in Canada, either, actually. Came in 5 days and no charges. Wish I could say the same for Soul Hackers. :/

    Just finished the second labyrinth on Etrian Odyssey IV. It feels so well designed in terms of progression.

    As I mentioned earlier though, the 3D is not great for the background. While the menus and drawings look very nice in pop-out, when you're on autopilot the floating fuzzy jaggies whizz around and are horrible to look at. I know I'm in the minority on this from the previous discussion though. :p

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Kangoo 30 Apr 2013 11:28:14 1,015 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got mine yesterday, got the white Mario Kart bundle and very impressed so far. Screens are a nice size, not sure how I would have coped with the original model if the XL's are 90% bigger though.

    One thing that surprised me was the build quality, was expecting it to be a lot more toy like compared to the Vita but it feels nice and solid. Have had a couple of hand cramps but guessing my hands have just got used to the size of the Vita.

    The graphics are also way better than I was expecting, LM2 looks superb and the 3D effects are really good, only problem is you need to have the console in the perfect position otherwise the effect is spoilt.

    My biggest issue is the backlog I have built up already, got Mario 3D, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts as well as a couple of cheap bits in HMV and some DS games that I have never played inc Chrono Trigger and both Zelda's.
    Got FE on the way and a few demo's seem good and haven't even touched the e shop yet, still got loads on my Vita and PS3. Also got my daughter Nintendogs so will probably be losing the console shortly.

    All in all very impressed so far and looking forward to going home and getting properly stuck into LM2.

    PSN: Adwab2

  • dazcox5181 30 Apr 2013 11:40:17 291 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @kangoo Glad you're enjoying it! I had one when they launched, traded it for my Vita and now on verge of purchasing again. Where'd you get the mario kart bundle from?

    http://gizmodad.co.uk

  • Kangoo 30 Apr 2013 12:18:21 1,015 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dazcox5181

    Picked it up from Amazon, worked out well as I traded in Catherine and Hitman for 29.00 as they were coming up on Plus from tomorrow.

    Think the 2 machines compliment each other well, at least I don't have to worry about TV time now.

    PSN: Adwab2

  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 12:36:10 9,050 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now that it has games and a second stick I would be tempted to pick up a 3Ds. However I am still soured by losing the digital games I bought previously when I sold my console.

    Nintendo really are fucking retarded when it comes to online aren't they? Whats the current hacking situation? Is it as easy on the 3DS as the DS was?

    /Looks at the 200+ spent on digital PSP / PSVita games, 200 on PS3 and 150 on 360 and gets genuinely confused why Nintendo don't want my money.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Apr 2013 12:39:45 6,938 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Did you sell your console with the games still on it?
  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 12:42:02 9,050 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Did you sell your console with the games still on it?
    Well only a few games, I was not willing to buy more as I realised what the online system was. I hated the console, but the XL has sorted most of the issues out, in a sane world I would have sold the console, then bought a revised one when they released it and redownloaded my stuff. But as I say, Nintendo are retarded.
  • MrSemprini 30 Apr 2013 12:43:30 9,372 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Now that it has games and a second stick I would be tempted to pick up a 3Ds. However I am still soured by losing the digital games I bought previously when I sold my console.
    Just file a police report, you'll have your games back in no time apparently.


    Whats the current hacking situation? Is it as easy on the 3DS as the DS was?
    They've sacked the teaboy who did the security for DS & Wii last time and hired someone with more than half a clue. DS mode is compromised but for 3DS games you're stuck with it being region locked and carrying carts around on holiday, as per any modern device.
  • Raiko101 30 Apr 2013 12:44:05 6,051 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why didn't you sell it online and advertised the games that were being bundled with it? Would have got your money's worth from it.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • Mola_Ram 30 Apr 2013 12:49:45 6,938 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Did you sell your console with the games still on it?
    Well only a few games, I was not willing to buy more as I realised what the online system was. I hated the console, but the XL has sorted most of the issues out, in a sane world I would have sold the console, then bought a revised one when they released it and redownloaded my stuff. But as I say, Nintendo are retarded.
    So... someone is now playing your old 3DS with the old games you had on it. And now you have an XL, and are complaining that Nintendo won't let you download, for free, all of the games that you sold?

    Correct me if I understood that wrongly.
  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 12:49:47 9,050 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Why didn't you sell it online and advertised the games that were being bundled with it? Would have got your money's worth from it.
    I did.


    Point still stands though, I am not willing to buy any digital games if I got a 3DS XL as I may finish the games I want to play, then sell it and buy another one in a year or two when some more games I want to play come out.

    With every other console I can do this, I can do it on my Android phone, my Ipad, my Vita, My 360, my PS3, my Kindle, my Steam account. When my wife sold her iPad, then a couple years later bought an iPad4 she could get all her old games back.

    Nintendo are genuinely the only company I know who don't have this functionality. It is bewildering.
  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 12:50:43 9,050 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Did you sell your console with the games still on it?
    Well only a few games, I was not willing to buy more as I realised what the online system was. I hated the console, but the XL has sorted most of the issues out, in a sane world I would have sold the console, then bought a revised one when they released it and redownloaded my stuff. But as I say, Nintendo are retarded.
    So... someone is now playing your old 3DS with the old games you had on it. And now you have an XL, and are complaining that Nintendo won't let you download, for free, all of the games that you sold?

    Correct me if I understood that wrongly.
    I don't have an XL. And given the choice I would not have sold the games.
  • Raiko101 30 Apr 2013 13:03:13 6,051 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You should be able to hold on to the games separately from the console, but it's not stopping me from downloading anything as I don't really intend to sell the console on. I don't think I could now, given how much i've got on there.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • mikew1985 30 Apr 2013 15:41:05 12,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @mowgli Italy is in the EU, and there are no customs fees between EU countries. If you meant something else, ignore me. :)
    Also I was/am in CR so it wasn't even a very long wait for me.
  • YenRug 30 Apr 2013 15:44:27 2,014 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blog post by George Kokoris, a senior designer at Rare Ltd, about being able to see 3D for the first time, thanks to the 3DS.

    http://burningnorth.com/2013/04/124-millimeters-of-depth/
  • Murbal 30 Apr 2013 15:47:56 21,920 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @YenRug loved that. What a beautifully written piece.
  • JinTypeNoir 30 Apr 2013 17:03:47 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That was awesome. Thanks for sharing, YenRug.
  • Page

    of 362 First / Last

Log in or register to reply