Nintendo 3DS Page 279

• Page

of 363 First / Last

• addyb 28 Apr 2013 13:32:48 1,046 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Since we are asking questions :) You know in your friends list it shows what activity you and your friends are doing (game being played, eshop etc) if they are playing a DS game does that show up?

Sorry if its a stupid question. I was playing 999 the other day but my friend said it didn't show as anything. Not sure if he was just lying though. :)

Edited by addyb at 13:33:44 28-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 28 Apr 2013 13:35:40 10,608 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    There is a save game transfer tool in the eshop.

http://www.nintendofuse.com/2013/03/27/using-the-3ds-save-data-transfer-tool/
    Awesome, should be fine then.
    The idea of having an XL with the likes of Paper Mario, LM2,SML2,MK7,Fire Emblem, OoT etc. all digital with no carts is very appealing despite the extra cost.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Ror1984 28 Apr 2013 13:45:10 3,107 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Surprised no one has mentioned the 3D effect on the new Castlevania (is it because no one's bought it? ;) ) - I tried the demo the other night with the 3D whacked up and the level of depth was fantastic. I found it quite striking. I tend to use 3D sparingly though, to save battery.

A mate got me Fire Emblem for my birthday, and another gave me some Game gift cards, so Luigi's Mansion will soon be mine too! I already have DKCR on pre-order, so looks like I'll be taking advantage of this So Many Games promotion. Thanks for doing it around my birthday, Nintendo :D

FFXIV: ARR - Khroma Midgard, Odin.

• santashi 28 Apr 2013 14:11:33 5,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Siliconera posted a SMT IV Developer Q&A.

Draw where you drink.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• JinTypeNoir 28 Apr 2013 17:33:25 4,383 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man the E-shop is smoking lately, Adventure Island II, Sky Kid (I freaking love Sky Kid) and Famicom Detective Club on the virtual console, and then there's Art of Balance (tricky, classy and inspired), Witch & Hero (addiction-forming, charming, excellent aesthetics), Egg Adventure (feels a fantastic NES game designed in this day and age) and an adventure game released that kind of rifts on Virtue's Last Reward. I'm having fun with all of them and on top of that, I get to play around with the Mario AR cards/point cards I bought to purchase. Too cool.

On Wednesday, we're getting two new DSiware games (and two virtual console games) and one of them is republishing of a card-based game. As this is now the fourth game to do that on DSiWare, I hope Nintendo and other companies start ramping up their e-shop offerings of old DS games in downloadable form.
  • santashi 28 Apr 2013 20:41:48 5,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are any of the 3DS Harvest Moon games any good?

• brigadier 28 Apr 2013 21:19:40 122 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well A Tale of Two Towns is the only one available to the UK, that got average reviews mainly because there a few glitches and freezing problems.

A New Beginning is the latest one but that hasn't seen any signs of being released over here. It's supposed to be the better of the two.
  • MrSemprini 28 Apr 2013 22:13:24 9,391 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:The idea of having an XL with the likes of Paper Mario, LM2,SML2,MK7,Fire Emblem, OoT etc. all digital with no carts is very appealing despite the extra cost.
    Don't forget the extra thrill deriving from the constant peril that if you lose or break the console, you've lost the lot.
  • richardiox 28 Apr 2013 22:17:17 5,584 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it possible for Nintendo to retro fit "games tied to account" functionality to both the 3DS and Wiiu?

Its been said hundreds of times before but is unbelievably anti-consumer and such a backward way of doing things surely they have to change it.
  • MrSemprini 28 Apr 2013 22:22:28 9,391 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    richardiox wrote: Its been said hundreds of times before but is unbelievably anti-consumer and such a backward way of doing things surely they have to change it.
    They don't have to change it if people keep buying stuff from the eShop.
  • santashi 28 Apr 2013 22:22:59 5,111 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @brigadier Thanks! I hadn't realised the first one had glitches. I'll see what the situation's like towards the end of the year, when the release schedule has calmed down a little. :)

• Mr_interesting_2011 28 Apr 2013 22:36:31 100 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @brigadier Thanks! I hadn't realised the first one had glitches. I'll see what the situation's like towards the end of the year, when the release schedule has calmed down a little. :)
    I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the glitches only affected the US version and were fixed for PAL?

Not 100% sure, but currently playing and experiencing no issues other than occassional patches of slowdown. The 3D effect is about the worst I've seen though so I would advise turning it off.

Edited by Mr_interesting_2011 at 22:45:04 28-04-2013
  • Raiko101 28 Apr 2013 22:39:07 6,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrSemprini wrote:
    richardiox wrote: Its been said hundreds of times before but is unbelievably anti-consumer and such a backward way of doing things surely they have to change it.
    They don't have to change it if people keep buying stuff from the eShop.
    I can't help it. The eShop is the best thing about the 3DS, in my opinion.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• brigadier 28 Apr 2013 22:40:13 122 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr_interesting_2011

Hmm... Not sure to be honest. I've just been going on what I've read on various forums so you may well be right. I hope so anyways since I plan on getting it in the near future.
  • Kid_Icarus 28 Apr 2013 22:55:03 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Is it possible for Nintendo to retro fit "games tied to account" functionality to both the 3DS and Wiiu?

Its been said hundreds of times before but is unbelievably anti-consumer and such a backward way of doing things surely they have to change it.
    I'd assume they'd just use the Club Nintendo accounts in some way.
    All eShop purchases are registered on them anyway so it can't be that much of a leap to make them into proper online accounts.

The only reason licenses are stored on the console now is to stop piracy via SD card (or external storage on the Wii U). But of course there'd be no need for that if they had accounts.
  • Short-Round 29 Apr 2013 00:26:24 1,181 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The XL is a bit heavy isn't it, just heavy enough to be uncomfortable after a few minutes holding it one-handed. Bit disappointing switching between it and the far more comfortable Vita.
  • Mola_Ram 29 Apr 2013 00:55:30 7,255 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just whack the circle pad pro on it and do bicep curls when I don't have time to go to the gym.

It's much more comfortable to hold with the cpp on too.
  • Sharzam 29 Apr 2013 10:18:22 2,835 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You should feel the weight of my 3DS with 5000mAh battery.  Is somehow heavier than the vita by a fair bit.

But the thickness does at least make it easier to hold.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Murbal 29 Apr 2013 10:25:24 22,098 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    But the thickness does at least make it easier to hold.
    O_o
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 10:26:53 10,608 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrSemprini wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:The idea of having an XL with the likes of Paper Mario, LM2,SML2,MK7,Fire Emblem, OoT etc. all digital with no carts is very appealing despite the extra cost.
    Don't forget the extra thrill deriving from the constant peril that if you lose or break the console, you've lost the lot.
    That's bollocks.
    It's a pain but you get your games back.

• DFawkes 29 Apr 2013 10:29:38 22,830 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not if you lose the console, surely? Sure, if you break it then you'll get them back after some pissing about, but I can't see them doing much if you lose the console. Even given your Club Nintendo account has a list of everything you've bought, I don't think they have that capability yet.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 29 April 2013 10:32:16
    Was wondering - will there ever be any SNES downloads for the 3DS like there is for the Wii-U???
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 10:46:34 10,608 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Not if you lose the console, surely? Sure, if you break it then you'll get them back after some pissing about, but I can't see them doing much if you lose the console. Even given your Club Nintendo account has a list of everything you've bought, I don't think they have that capability yet.
    From GAF:

You can redownload them infinite times on the same system. The issue is that it's not an account like Xbox Live, so if you link another 3DS to your Club Nintendo account, you cannot then download them on the second 3DS while your system account is still on the first 3DS. You can transfer the system account to a second 3DS if you want to change systems (must have both at same time to do so), though. The system account (and, thus, the games tied to that system account) can only be on one 3DS at a time.

What happens if you lose, break, have stolen your 3DS with the downloaded games on it?

1. Lose your system? Buy a new system, file a police report, send police report to Nintendo, redownload all your games.
    2. System stolen? Buy a new system, file a police report, send police report to Nintendo, redownload all your games.
    3. System break? Send to Nintendo to fix. If in warranty, no cost. If out of warranty, some cost. Keep access to all your games.
    4. Changing to a new 3DS system? Use system transfer utility up to five times lifetime per account, and contact Nintendo support about transferring thereafter (may need to send both systems to them after the five time limit).
    5. Selling your system with no new 3DS to replace it? You lose all your games.

Having to file a police report to access your downloaded games if your system is lost/stolen is a hassle other digital download services do not require. Nintendo is behind the times, and the system should be way better. However, you can regain access to your games if you're willing to do the legwork. A lot of people translate this into "Not worth it. Just not going to buy digitally from Nintendo." If that's what you decide, fine, but be aware that there are options available in those cases.

• Murbal 29 Apr 2013 10:50:54 22,098 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thing is, if your console is lost or stolen you may well lose all your carts too if they're kept with the system.
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 10:54:05 10,608 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've lost loads of carts (DS) because they're stupidly small and easy to lose.

• Raiko101 29 Apr 2013 13:16:10 6,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm... I think i'm off the the police station to report that other 3DS I lost. The one with all the games on it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• thedaveeyres 29 Apr 2013 13:28:41 10,925 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just logged into my Nintendo account and the code for my free '3 for the price of 4' promotion game was sitting there. No email, nothing, so it might be worth checking. (This was for LEGO City Undercover).

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Murbal 29 Apr 2013 13:32:19 22,098 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got to wait another month at least. Bloody Animal Crossing.
  • richardiox 29 Apr 2013 20:37:08 5,584 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    From GAF:

You can redownload them infinite times on the same system. The issue is that it's not an account like Xbox Live, so if you link another 3DS to your Club Nintendo account, you cannot then download them on the second 3DS while your system account is still on the first 3DS. You can transfer the system account to a second 3DS if you want to change systems (must have both at same time to do so), though. The system account (and, thus, the games tied to that system account) can only be on one 3DS at a time.

What happens if you lose, break, have stolen your 3DS with the downloaded games on it?

1. Lose your system? Buy a new system, file a police report, send police report to Nintendo, redownload all your games.
    2. System stolen? Buy a new system, file a police report, send police report to Nintendo, redownload all your games.
    3. System break? Send to Nintendo to fix. If in warranty, no cost. If out of warranty, some cost. Keep access to all your games.
    4. Changing to a new 3DS system? Use system transfer utility up to five times lifetime per account, and contact Nintendo support about transferring thereafter (may need to send both systems to them after the five time limit).
    5. Selling your system with no new 3DS to replace it? You lose all your games.

Having to file a police report to access your downloaded games if your system is lost/stolen is a hassle other digital download services do not require. Nintendo is behind the times, and the system should be way better. However, you can regain access to your games if you're willing to do the legwork. A lot of people translate this into "Not worth it. Just not going to buy digitally from Nintendo." If that's what you decide, fine, but be aware that there are options available in those cases.
    File a police report and send it to Nintendo if you lose your system?! Even if it's not stolen? I can't believe you're using that as a "there are ways to redownload your eshop titles" excuse. The unspinnable reality is that Nintendos policy is a fucking joke.

Why should a customer need to go to such extreme lengths to get back something they've already paid for? Imagine having to do they've equivalent with iTunes, Steam, Android store, XBL or PSN. The mind boggles at how supremely shit Nintendo are with their approach to online.
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 21:23:34
    The PSP didn't have this problem for fucks sake. What a laughably bad service.
  • Page

of 363 First / Last