Nintendo 3DS Page 275

• Page

of 369 First / Last

• DFawkes 24 Apr 2013 21:40:52 22,987 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've just got the defaults one, and even with a good few demos and game downloads it's fine, but I prefer to buy my games the old fashioned way on lovely physical media where possible. So I've never troubled the 2GB you get with it, whether you need more is up to you.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 24 April 2013 21:43:44
    jonsaan wrote:
    I hear that Luigi's mansion is not great as a portable game as the save points are a bit sparse. Any truth in that? Giantbomb also thought it was overly long and got a bit tedious towards the end. They are pretty anti handhelds in general though.
    Missions are 10-25 minutes long and thats it. and most averaging 18. there are no save points in missions, but its not overally an issues unless you die (in which i only have once and thats was early on getting my head round a couple of things).

I'm on mansion 3 (Just finished lvl 4 just now), and the gameplay is still fresh, fun and captivating. best game i played this year i reckon (short memory span :) )

Edited by joelstinton at 21:45:19 24-04-2013
  • Deleted user 24 April 2013 21:44:48
    addyb wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    XL has a screen that is far less reflective though.
    Yeah definitely. :)
    yeah i had to close the curtains the other day because all i could see is my mug. people across the road probably though i was having one again.
  • addyb 24 Apr 2013 22:00:52 1,050 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    XL has a screen that is far less reflective though.
    Yeah definitely. :)
    yeah i had to close the curtains the other day because all i could see is my mug. people across the road probably though i was having one again.
    PMSL
  • addyb 24 Apr 2013 22:01:55 1,050 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    White or red/black?
    Blue/black. ;)
    Yep that's me. My mate has the red/black. Can't go wrong with either :)
  • the_dudefather 24 Apr 2013 22:13:08 9,289 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every time the screen goes dark all I see is my reflection

afterwards, it's hard to play games with tears all over the 3DS

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Armoured_Bear 24 Apr 2013 22:18:15 11,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    santaI def prefer red to blushi wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    White or red/black?
    Blue/black. ;)
    I definitely prefer red to blue so blue is out.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Bleasy 24 Apr 2013 22:28:06 14 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Bought myself the black XL with Monster Hunter installed the other day! Lovely piece of kit. Hit me up with your friend codes!

1263-6183-5229
  • Kid_Icarus 24 Apr 2013 22:34:29 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @richardiox You get a 2GB SD card included, which will be enough for Animal Crossing and quite a few eShop games. You probably won't be able to fit any more retail games on it though.

Officially it supports any SD card up to 32GB if you want more storage, but apparently you can use a 128GB card if you format it.
  • santashi 24 Apr 2013 22:47:21 5,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    santaI def prefer red to blushi wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    White or red/black?
    Blue/black. ;)
    I definitely prefer red to blue so blue is out.
    I'm a redhead so it would have clashed with my hair. ;)

Seriously, though, go with the bundle that suits you best. That will take away the trouble of picking a colour. I'd prefer the red over white, personally, but that doesn't mean you will. :) I'm sure they're both fine and dandy.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Aretak 24 Apr 2013 22:49:19 10,354 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    @richardiox You get a 2GB SD card included, which will be enough for Animal Crossing and quite a few eShop games. You probably won't be able to fit any more retail games on it though.
    The XL comes with a 4GB card doesn't it?
  • santashi 24 Apr 2013 22:52:02 5,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My original 3DS had a 2GB card but my XL came with a 4GB card. Is that the norm now?

Edit: Whoops, posted that without refreshing the page.

Edited by santashi at 22:53:44 24-04-2013

• addyb 24 Apr 2013 22:52:52 1,050 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It does indeed.

If I wanted to upgrade to a bigger card is it just a case of backing up my 4GB to my pc and then transferring the data over?

Just wondered who has upgraded to a bigger card in there 3DS or 3DS XL
  • richardiox 24 Apr 2013 22:52:58 5,603 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:

Officially it supports any SD card up to 32GB if you want more storage, but apparently you can use a 128GB card if you format it.
    Cheers, and to Dfawkes too.

Under such a dilemma... Know the Mrs has got me a 3ds for my birthday next week but being a bloke and a selfish cunt I want to upgrade it straight to an XL and pay the difference. Don't want to offend her though. Women always go vanilla when it comes to technology.
  • brigadier 24 Apr 2013 23:10:57 125 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

Under such a dilemma... Know the Mrs has got me a 3ds for my birthday next week but being a bloke and a selfish cunt I want to upgrade it straight to an XL and pay the difference. Don't want to offend her though. Women always go vanilla when it comes to technology.
    Wow, that's one hell of a dilemma. Personally I'd have to keep the missus happy. But knowing how much greater the XL is, it would pain a little inside every time I switched the thing on. I'd give it 6 months with the original before upgrading, I think that's a sufficient time length to keep a woman happy.
  • addyb 24 Apr 2013 23:14:01 1,050 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    brigadier wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

Wow, that's one hell of a dilemma. Personally I'd have to keep the missus happy. But knowing how much greater the XL is, it would pain a little inside every time I switched the thing on. I'd give it 6 months with the original before upgrading, I think that's a sufficient time length to keep a woman happy.
    Nah just upgrade it. After a day advise her that you are getting really bad cramps and the bigger form factor will be a better fit.;)
  • Armoured_Bear 24 Apr 2013 23:15:44 11,282 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Kid_Icarus wrote:

Fuck that, be as diplomatic as possible but do the upgrade.
    It's utter madness to suffer something that you don't really want to risk "offending" your gf ffs.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 24 Apr 2013 23:30:48 22,987 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Will she even notice if it changes size and possibly colour? Not that I condone lying about it, but if she's not the sort to notice then that's an option.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• richardiox 24 Apr 2013 23:53:54 5,603 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Will she even notice if it changes size and possibly colour? Not that I condone lying about it.
    We're still talking about the 3DS right?!
  • richardiox 24 Apr 2013 23:57:47 5,603 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also, I thought about that approach. The delivery was from Game and I know I couldn't exchange it as new with receipt from their website. Would end having to spend an extra Ł50 to trade up. So it's as much about the fact that I / she will be losing money.

For the price she paid from Game I bet for a mere tenner extra could have got an XL from amazon.
  • Murbal 25 Apr 2013 11:46:24 22,226 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A game bought from Amazon.de should play fine on my 3DS shouldn't it? It's all the same region, right?

Just making sure...
  • santashi 25 Apr 2013 11:54:24 5,143 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes, any European game will play on any European system. :)

• Murbal 25 Apr 2013 11:58:51 22,226 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's alright then.

Now I've got to stop myself ordering it using another excuse. LIKE WHEN WILL I PLAY THE BLOODY THING?
  • Kangoo 25 Apr 2013 12:04:42 1,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    That's alright then.

Now I've got to stop myself ordering it using another excuse. LIKE WHEN WILL I PLAY THE BLOODY THING?
    After you've started DJ Max :)

PSN: Adwab2

• Murbal 25 Apr 2013 12:09:12 22,226 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm going to try and get through May without buying anything. Cramming in purchases at the end of April is cheating :-)
  • Mola_Ram 25 Apr 2013 13:03:54 7,414 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Playing Animal Crossing for 15 minutes before bed is probably the most wonderfully relaxing time I've ever had playing videogames. I wish there were more games like it.
    I like the qualifier. Because clearly the correct general statement there would be having a wank.
    Who says I don't combine the two? That Twiggy... mmmmmmm mmmmmmm

Excuse me a moment.
  • gieltjegitaar 25 Apr 2013 14:03:39 48 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    It does indeed.

If I wanted to upgrade to a bigger card is it just a case of backing up my 4GB to my pc and then transferring the data over?

I've upgraded from 4GB to 32GB - just copy the folder "3DS" to your pc and then put it on the bigger card. Works perfectly ;)
  • addyb 25 Apr 2013 14:34:03 1,050 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    gieltjegitaar wrote:
    addyb wrote:
    It does indeed.

I've upgraded from 4GB to 32GB - just copy the folder "3DS" to your pc and then put it on the bigger card. Works perfectly ;)
    Thanks mate.
  • dazcox5181 25 Apr 2013 15:01:43 297 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If anyones looking to buy a 3DS can I recommend Flubit.com - They beat a price you find, found a better price than anywhere else for me, only thing is you might have to wait up to 48 hrs for the 'offer' but if you're OK to wait its a good deal. Now come on payday!

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• Sharzam 25 Apr 2013 16:43:41 2,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do SD card transfer rates matter to loading times?

Is the 3DS powerful enough for their to be a difference between class 4, class 10 or the higher end 45mb/s ones?

I normally buy expensive ones for cameras but doesn't make much of a difference in other devices.

Edited by Sharzam at 16:44:30 25-04-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Page

of 369 First / Last