Nintendo 3DS Page 390

• Page

of 391 First / Last

• mal 15 Jun 2017 20:16:09 28,634 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    VanillaLake wrote:
    New 3DS is worth the extra cash if you are interested in one of the best games ever, Majora's Mask 3D.
    I can't find anything about that the New 3DS adds for Majora's Mark 3D on Amazon or Nintendo's site. The packaging says it'll run on an old 2DS, so it will run on old 3DS/XL, but they won't tell me what the new 3DS does apart presumably for loading the game faster.
  • Spectral 15 Jun 2017 20:41:59 5,716 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The main thing is you can control the camera with the little nubin I think. Other than that the only advantage I know of is that the 3D on the new model is generally a lot more stable so its better in the same way all 3D is better on the system.
  • kentmonkey 15 Jun 2017 21:11:25 22,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    The cpu boost of the new 3DS allowed it so they get it and standard 3DS doesn't so sadly us normal 3DS owners miss out but it was better than having substandard or glitchy emulation IMO.
    Are you reggie?

To be perfectly honest, I don't but that one bit. It may well be true, but I'm not buying it. Just like Super Metroid it seems :-(
  • mal 16 Jun 2017 02:54:57 28,634 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    The main thing is you can control the camera with the little nubin I think. Other than that the only advantage I know of is that the 3D on the new model is generally a lot more stable so its better in the same way all 3D is better on the system.
    Ah, okay. I played it originally on an N64 with just one analogue stick and Z-targetting which worked fine for me at the time, so it might still work for me today. I was fine with OOT 3D FWIW.

So, it seems it's just Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and SNES VC games that just won't work on an old 2/3DS.
  • rice_sandwich 16 Jun 2017 07:01:34 3,410 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A demo for Ever Oasis is now available on the eshop.
  • DutyPedant 16 Jun 2017 07:29:50 215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any 2DS game recommendations for 6 and 8 year old girls? The little DutyPedants are just getting their gaming wings (both are massive Stardew Valley addicts), and I'd like to get them some more games for their 2DS. Currently their favourites are Animal Crossing New Leaf, Lego Batman 2, Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, and New Super Mario Bros 2.
  • rice_sandwich 16 Jun 2017 08:04:45 3,410 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fantasy Life although it has a great deal of reading in it. Or Cooking Mama? There's loads of them. Kirby games are good as they're fairly easy.
  • THFourteen 16 Jun 2017 08:45:37 46,475 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Forgetting the backlog of old games, there are still quite a few new games coming out i want

Some Radiant Historia screens :

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-screenshots-from-radiant-historia-perfect-chronology/

I actually don't need another console or PC at the moment at all.
  • rice_sandwich 16 Jun 2017 08:51:29 3,410 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Ever Oasis demo is quite good, with battles, puzzles and building stuff. The camera is a little fussy on a normal 3ds. I'm sure it'll be better with the c stick on the new 3ds.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 16 Jun 2017 11:17:50 2,788 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    The cpu boost of the new 3DS allowed it so they get it and standard 3DS doesn't so sadly us normal 3DS owners miss out but it was better than having substandard or glitchy emulation IMO.
    Are you reggie?

To be perfectly honest, I don't but that one bit. It may well be true, but I'm not buying it. Just like Super Metroid it seems :-(
    Nope, but I do have a reasonable knowledge of emulation and have been generally up to date with the technical details since the Amiga days. I fully understand frustration with it but the original 3DS has a very weak CPU and in emulation CPU (and RAM to an extent) is pretty much the only part of the system that matters. I recall with the ambassador games Nintendo weren't happy enough with them not having the full range of VC features (I think they had some weird problems but I wasn't an ambassador so never played them) so never released any more GBA emulation on the system so this likely falls in the same category. They could easily release an emulator but it wouldn't be a good enough one for them to be happy with. I doubt SNES VC sales make that big a difference to be deliberately locked away as a "new" excludive to encourage upgrades.

Nintendo releasing the new 3DS and making a double-tier system (particularly with how horribly overpriced the new 3DS range is) does leave a sour taste on earlier adopters (I jumped in with the XL, but have a US system and games so upgrading is even more of a pain for me (self-inflicted) and my initial wait for a decent LE led to nothing...). With the new 2DSXL coming out at Ł129.99 (official Nintendo store price) how they can still try and charge Ł179.99 for the new 3DS XL is beyond me, unless they are keeping it hogh as long as possible to try and make the Switch look better value ;)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 16 Jun 2017 11:22:36 2,788 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DutyPedant Teddy Together? Might be suitable for the age range if they like the 'virtual pet/friend' concept. It has a demo on the eshop too. Creepy bear IMO but kids could like it ;)

Or Tomodachi Life. If they like Stardew Valley there is Story of Seasons too (sequel too in the US but no announcement here yet AFAIK).
  • THFourteen 16 Jun 2017 11:54:28 46,475 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BTW for those interested in CFW, someone on Reddit already has a 2DS XL and its on version 11.4 so no CFW for now.

I'm not fussed, i have my 3DSXL for CFW, and i tend to buy all my games anyway.
  • DutyPedant 16 Jun 2017 13:38:40 215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks @One_Vurfed_Gwrx and @rice_sandwich for the suggestions, will take a look at those.
  • Spectral 16 Jun 2017 13:50:29 5,716 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DutyPedant wrote:
    Any 2DS game recommendations for 6 and 8 year old girls? The little DutyPedants are just getting their gaming wings (both are massive Stardew Valley addicts), and I'd like to get them some more games for their 2DS. Currently their favourites are Animal Crossing New Leaf, Lego Batman 2, Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, and New Super Mario Bros 2.
    What about pokemon or Zelda?

Edited by Spectral at 13:53:42 16-06-2017
  • rice_sandwich 23 Jun 2017 08:29:05 3,410 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ever Oasis gets a 'no rating' review from EG. Slightly surprised after playing the demo - I thought it'd edge into recommended territory.
  • DangerousDave_87 23 Jun 2017 09:02:17 2,858 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah. I'm slightly disappointed by that. I'm starting to get a Fantasy Life vibe to this one. The concept sounds great, but the execution just might be lacking enough that it stops the game from becoming something special.
  • rice_sandwich 23 Jun 2017 09:07:37 3,410 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

It has faired better in reviews on other sites.
  • DangerousDave_87 23 Jun 2017 09:21:32 2,858 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kotaku UK have stated the complete opposite to what I've just concluded, so yeah I guess I'll have to read a few more.
  • VanillaLake 23 Jun 2017 12:09:04 551 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mal Sorry for late reply. You can control the camera with the C-stick in Majora's Mask 3D. The 3D effect is also worth experiencing and it's better on the "New" systems.
  • el_pollo_diablo 3 Aug 2017 09:32:22 2,720 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Where's a good place to pick up a New 3DS (the standard size, not the XL)?
    My launch ambassador 3DS decides to die on the day they discontinue them...
  • THFourteen 3 Aug 2017 09:37:59 46,475 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @el_pollo_diablo Eek.

Assuming you've tried all the usual online places for stock then really its ebay.

How about a 2DSXL? Do you even use the 3D?
  • el_pollo_diablo 3 Aug 2017 10:03:33 2,720 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @THFourteen

I love the 3D, yeah. It's one of those gimmicks that still impresses me. Can't imagine why anyone would choose not to use it :)
  • ghearoid 3 Aug 2017 10:28:39 2,710 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The 3D gives me a headache and/or motion sickness. I happily bought a 2DS instead.

I do kinda wish I could enjoy the 3D effect though. I've heard it's especially good in the Fire Emblem games.
  • THFourteen 4 Oct 2017 10:08:33 46,475 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Argh Pokeball limited edition 2DS XL on preorder

fuck you nintendo
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2017 18:06:20 7,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guys.

So i bought a Switch a couple weeks back. Signed into it with my long dormant Nintendo account, downloaded a couple games. Bless.

Decided to go full Nintendo, and bought one of those SNES looking 3DS today, having owned one at launch but not kept it long.

So...i want to sign into it etc, but i'm confused about the whole Nintendo Account thing. Do i just link it to my Nintendo account? Is it the same as the Switch? Please advise.

Secondly, is the Virtual Console sticking around on 3DS?
  • ghearoid 13 Oct 2017 18:15:47 2,710 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm pretty sure it's the same account. I'm using the same account on my 2DS, Switch and for shopping.

The virtual console should be around for a few years yet, like the Wii and WiiU.
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2017 18:17:53 7,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So it's only the shopping account that links the two machines...?

I'm not signing into the 3DS in the same way i sign into my xbox?
  • ghearoid 13 Oct 2017 19:03:21 2,710 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's the same Nintendo account whether it's a 3DS, Switch, Nintendo's website, Mario Run, Fire Emblem Heroes, Miitomo etc.

Set up an account once and you can use it for everything.
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2017 19:30:35 7,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right now, in my browser, i'm logged into the Nintendo:

- e shop
    - My Nintendo
    - general web site
    - accounts page

All those are accessed by the same username and password.

On the 3DS, it says this account isn't a Network ID account.

I presume i must have had one of these the first time i (briefly) had a 3DS.

*confused*
  • H1ggyLTD 13 Oct 2017 19:37:38 7,840 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think i have an ID account.

Does the 3DS launch pre-date the launch of the network ID?
  • Page

of 391 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.