Pun Intended

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • kosigan 22 Mar 2010 13:55:35 472 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    John Cleese had 2 rules of comedy:
    1. No puns.
    2. No puns.
    3. No puns.

    Why is it that all - how to put this delicately? - "mass-market" journalists insist on coming up with godawful puns all the time in their headline? It's not clever and it's not funny, so please, Eurogamer - stop.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2010 13:56:40
    A crisp tenner says this will become a shit pun thread in itself.
  • DaM 22 Mar 2010 13:57:08 13,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, please stop EG or you will be pun(i)shed.
    I just can't take the pun anymore.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2010 13:57:48
    See?
  • DaM 22 Mar 2010 13:57:53 13,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Who pays the tenner? Kosigan?
  • ecu 22 Mar 2010 13:59:35 77,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kosigan wrote:

    Why is it that all - how to put this delicately? - "mass-market" journalists insist on coming up with godawful puns all the time in their headline?

    Because they're journalists, not comedians.
  • Lukus 22 Mar 2010 14:00:07 19,253 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Strangely, I quite enjoy the pun threads on the forum, as uncool as that may be, yet agree with kosigan that the puns on the main page within article headlines are tacky and shit.

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Jeepers 22 Mar 2010 14:02:17 13,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    A crisp tenner says this will become a shit pun thread in itself.

    No need. As Dance Drier said, "A pun is its own reword.".

    ayefankyow!
  • Murbal 22 Mar 2010 14:02:36 22,375 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love puns, me. Especially up to date ones. You know, current puns.
  • mrpon 22 Mar 2010 14:03:03 29,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love current puns, especially iced ones.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • Metalfish 22 Mar 2010 14:03:08 8,831 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They aren't there to make you laugh. They're there because we enjoy terrible puns. If you want to be FACTED IN THE FACE, HUMAN, well I'm sure there are places that avoid any kind of levity.

    But there ain't no journal of games reviews. 'Cos it'd be shite.
  • Nexus_6 22 Mar 2010 14:03:51 3,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

    It's worth taking a pun-t imo
  • DaM 22 Mar 2010 14:04:09 13,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Actually I disagree, I usually go by the puns instead of reading the reviews if it's a game I'm not interested in. You can tell if the game is shit in 4 words or less.
  • Bremenacht 22 Mar 2010 14:06:34 18,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    A crisp tenner says this will become a shit pun thread in itself.
    It's aN opun and shut case.

    arf
    arf
    arf
  • FWB 22 Mar 2010 14:06:35 44,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pun pun pun pun punnity pun pun
    Pun pun pun pun puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

    Pun
  • Nexus_6 22 Mar 2010 14:07:07 3,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    Actually I disagree, I usually go by the puns instead of reading the reviews if it's a game I'm not interested in. You can tell if the game is shit in 4 words or less.

    What you are saying is pundamentally true. I use the same system myself.

  • Murbal 22 Mar 2010 14:07:20 22,375 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Pun pun pun pun punnity pun pun
    Pun pun pun pun puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

    Pun

    /o\ it's pundemonium!
  • Load_2.0 22 Mar 2010 14:08:08 19,444 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    A crisp tenner says this will become a shit pun thread in itself.

    A just pun-ishment.
  • FWB 22 Mar 2010 14:09:14 44,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I just punned in my punts.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2010 14:11:27
    This guy really doesn't like puns.
  • Nexus_6 22 Mar 2010 14:18:31 3,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mcbi4kh2 wrote:
    This guy really doesn't like puns.

    What a silly punt.
  • BinaryBob101 22 Mar 2010 15:56:05 23,546 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This thread should go punting up a river.

    www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

  • andywilkie35 22 Mar 2010 16:12:50 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember when Fulham scored an away goal against Juventus, one journalist described their situation as "Ful of hope"

    I'm not even sure that qualifies as a pun, its just the worst sports journalism I've ever read, and that's saying something.

    PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

  • TechnoHippy 22 Mar 2010 16:22:11 14,719 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nexus 6 wrote:
    mcbi4kh2 wrote:
    This guy really doesn't like puns.

    What a silly punt.

    I like Maddox, he does a good rant.

    My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

  • Deleted user 22 March 2010 16:26:56
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    I remember when Fulham scored an away goal against Juventus, one journalist described their situation as "Ful of hope"

    I'm not even sure that qualifies as a pun, its just the worst sports journalism I've ever read, and that's saying something.
    The 'Super Cally Go Ballistic Cos Celtic Are Atrocious' headline, however, is easily the best (and only) good thing that The Sun has done. Like, ever.
  • kalel 22 Mar 2010 16:28:56 88,451 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    “Can the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights” was pretty good.
  • Benno 22 Mar 2010 16:29:15 10,034 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kosigan wrote:
    John Cleese had 2 rules of comedy:
    1. No puns.
    2. No puns.
    3. No puns.

    Why is it that all - how to put this delicately? - "mass-market" journalists insist on coming up with godawful puns all the time in their headline? It's not clever and it's not funny, so please, Eurogamer - stop.

    someones not having any pun
  • Physically_Insane 22 Mar 2010 16:31:08 8,994 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    I think I just punned in my punts.

    /coffee spit

    Don't know why I laughed so hard at this.
  • Ged42 22 Mar 2010 20:17:08 7,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are hot cross puns allowed, since it's Easter?
  • Ka-blamo 22 Mar 2010 20:38:07 7,471 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started a thread applauding the puns, I like them.
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply