Deus Ex: Human Revolution Page 3

• Page

of 139 First / Last

• teh_MBK 29 Sep 2010 16:45:18 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tokyo gameshow trailer, translated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M36vY3Z0yec&feature=player_embedded

Not sure if this one has done the rounds yet, but I saw it for the first time today.
  • Hodders 29 Sep 2010 21:21:01 85 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I shall be getting this day one, even if it turns out to be a turd

I'm a massive Deus Ex fanboy - the first is my favourite game ever and unlike most i really enjoyed the sequel as well, starved for something new in the DX universe so can't wait for this
  • Inertia 16 Dec 2010 20:13:33 677 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The new Director's cut version of the trailer.

Let's see if the game can match this!
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Dec 2010 20:22:39 7,297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah let's see if it can match this.
  • teh_MBK 14 Jan 2011 14:53:01 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Pumpatron 14 Jan 2011 20:56:08 374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wasn't really aware of the Deus Ex games until a month ago, and now I can't wait for this to come out. Looks really impressive from the little I've seen so far.

Just thought I'd share that with ya.
  • SomaticSense 14 Jan 2011 21:14:04 8,337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've really mixed feelings about this game.

One part of me really wants it to be brilliant, but the other is screaming at me that it's probably going to be a bit of a duffer.

However, if Eidos Montreal get it right and create a brilliant game that lives up to the expectations demanded on it by the fans of the series (well, the first game at least...), then their achievement really should be lauded from the rooftops. It's a massive undertaking, and will easily be the game of the year over and above anything else if they pull it off.

As much as I'm feeling some doubts over it, there is a part of me that genuinely believes it could be this year's Arkham Asylum.
  • dsmx 14 Jan 2011 21:40:55 7,605 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want to be optimistic about it but I keep thinking that this is going to be just a shooter and about 10 hours long. I want it to be good because I would dearly love for a game to exceed the brilliance that was Deus Ex but I get the feeling that this game won't be it.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Pumpatron 15 Jan 2011 13:27:03 374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I read somewhere that the team working on this went back and played the first games numerous times, got the views of hard-core fans on what they'd like to see, then put all the info and feedback etc into some kind of Deus Ex 'bible', which they're using to help make this new game. But don't quote me on that.

Sounds like they're trying to capture what people loved about the first game.
  • LionheartDJH 15 Jan 2011 14:36:23 19,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pumpatron wrote:
    I wasn't really aware of the Deus Ex games until a month ago.

O_O

Buy this, now!

One of the finest games ever created.

She dives for cheese pasties

• ecureuil 15 Jan 2011 17:09:51 76,814 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Despite what they say, I still think it'll be a bit "dumbed down".
  • Hunam 15 Jan 2011 17:21:44 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It will. Watch the Ask JJB video's on youtube as he talks about certain things including the system. Though you'll be happy to know there isn't any vehicles in the game to drive.

What grinds my gears more than anything is that people still hate on Invisible War for the all the streamlining that's done to it, but Mass Effect 2 is basically what IW was to DX and people called that fucking thing game of the year.
  • LionheartDJH 15 Jan 2011 17:22:36 19,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True, but hopefully not too much. Might take some inspiration from the PS2 version of the first game, from what I remember they only changed a few things in that and it still worked well on console.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Hunam 15 Jan 2011 17:34:53 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it's hard not to be excited about the game because every word or picture released for the game is dripping in the developers love and passion for the game. These people are pushing themselves and using every thing they have for this game.
  • Dirtbox 15 Jan 2011 17:54:03 78,209 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Or in other words, it looks fucking jawbreaking.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Hunam 15 Jan 2011 18:00:42 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks better than all the other cyber punk games of this year.
  • Dirtbox 15 Jan 2011 18:06:26 78,209 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Or for that matter, ever. It's well into Mass Effect territory in terms of how fully realised the game universe is.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Hunam 15 Jan 2011 18:19:05 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like that it's more overtly roboty than the nanotech age of DX1 and IW.
  • SlackMaster 15 Jan 2011 18:26:26 3,134 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've been so looking forward to this so was gutted when they moved the release date. It looks great though so not sure what polishing needs to be made.
  • Hunam 15 Jan 2011 18:26:59 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It wasn't moved for any development reason, it was a business thing.
  • Pumpatron 15 Jan 2011 18:34:44 374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A preview from PC gamer...

Description_here
  • Hunam 15 Jan 2011 18:39:46 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think for one thing they have actually managed to show a lot of the game by showing so little. I don't think I've followed a games news for 3 years and know as little about DXHR as I do. I think it's the mystery that's still driving me.
  • ecureuil 15 Jan 2011 18:52:15 76,814 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    It will. Watch the Ask JJB video's on youtube as he talks about certain things including the system. Though you'll be happy to know there isn't any vehicles in the game to drive.

What grinds my gears more than anything is that people still hate on Invisible War for the all the streamlining that's done to it, but Mass Effect 2 is basically what IW was to DX and people called that fucking thing game of the year.

The difference here is that Mass Effect 2 removed all the crap things from Mass Effect 1, whereas Invisible War removed some of the best things from Deus Ex.
  • Hunam 16 Jan 2011 01:23:11 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mass Effect 2 removed the atmosphere from Mass Effect 1, useful skill trees and different weapon and armour types, as well as trading and exploration. I'd say I missed a fair amount of that. What we got instead was a horrible segregation of gameplay types where you were either going around talking to people or just shooting people to the point where the game just shoved you in gun mode or had everything pre-scripted with cutscenes to smooth over the obvious fact that the gameplay types rarely if ever intruded on each other. And don't get me started on planet scanning.
  • dsmx 16 Jan 2011 03:01:21 7,605 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think your being a bit harsh on mass effect 2 yes it did remove a lot of stuff but most of the stuff it removed was pretty crap. That said by removing it all it basically turned it into a 3rd person shooter which you could talk to people in. It made it a better game but it lost everything that made it different.

Personally I would of preferred them to of expanded and improved on mass effect but instead they chopped away everything that wasn't shooting or chatting which while they were the best elements in the first game left a hollow shell of a game devoid of anything that stood out.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• teh_MBK 16 Jan 2011 03:28:51 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Since we're veering off topic, I'd like to say:

It's almost February. Still can't pre-order on steam. Should I be worried or is the "Available in February" statement in Steam just a guess? Anyone know if there is a more specific release date than "early 2011" yet?
  • Hunam 16 Jan 2011 03:50:27 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not gonna be early anymore. I don't think we'll see it before april but no firm date has been set since Square got in a tizzy because everything they made out side of Dragon Quest 9 and Final Fantasy 13 bombed hard.
  • Genji 16 Jan 2011 05:51:02 19,689 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Question I've been thinking about:

Is the second game only shit in comparison to the first? Or would it have been more favorably looked upon if it didn't have the name "Deus Ex"?

Reason I ask is, I have a friend who's played the second but not the first (yes, I know, I know). And he liked it. I told him to go back to the first. He tried it, but couldn't get over the dated graphics (yes, I know).

So was Invisible War shit in general? Or just as a Deux Ex game?
  • silentbob 16 Jan 2011 06:42:52 28,975 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Hunam wrote:

The difference here is that Mass Effect 2 removed all the crap things from Mass Effect 1, whereas Invisible War removed some of the best things from Deus Ex.
    You really are a broken record when it comes to ME1. It's pretty clear you didn't 'get it'.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• silentbob 16 Jan 2011 06:43:40 28,975 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Also. This looks secks.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• Page

of 139 First / Last