Deus Ex: Human Revolution Page 135

• Page

of 139 First / Last

• ExcellentBenji 13 Feb 2012 21:50:05 81 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I know I'm really late on this, but start playing it today as it had finally come through on my Lovefilm sub. Absolutely love it! I'd like to pick up the full game, but are there any major difficulty spikes in it that would ruin my enjoyment?
  • nickthegun 13 Feb 2012 21:50:38 55,848 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• ExcellentBenji 13 Feb 2012 21:58:27 81 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Seriously?
    Seriously have I only just started playing it? :-D Unfortunately, yeah. Embarrassing, I know. Or seriously are there any difficulty spikes? Um... :-D
  • monkehhh 13 Feb 2012 22:09:30 3,123 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does include pretty stupid boss fights, but I don't think they'll be inducing controller-smashing rage.. maybe.
  • LionheartDJH 13 Feb 2012 22:25:30 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just invest in the Typhoon and you'll find them pretty easy. Alternatively that grenade launcher you get with the 'Explosive Mission' pack is very good at putting them down quickly.

She dives for cheese pasties

• ExcellentBenji 13 Feb 2012 22:49:08 81 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Monkehhh, LionheartDJH, thanks so much for taking the time to answer. Based on what you've said, I'll pick up the game and give it a shot (and try not to get too mad at the boss fights :-D).

That grenade launcher with the 'Explosive Mission' pack sounds good, and I notice it's on sale at the moment. One question - can I use it at any time in the game, or do I need to purchase an augment or something to enable it?

Thanks again!
  • beastmaster 13 Feb 2012 22:50:23 10,171 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jus started playing this again from scratch but only because I didn't get that far into it when I got it.

On my first boss fight. Meh!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• monkehhh 13 Feb 2012 22:57:20 3,123 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely pick it up.. lovely game, lovely atmosphere. I'm definitely gonna play it through as more of a bad-ass at some point, throwing vending machines and taking names.
  • richarddavies 14 Feb 2012 12:04:40 2,572 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Excellentbenji

Yeah I'd buy it. I got it myself from lovefilm but sent it back when I realised just how in depth it can be. And yeah the bosses are the only bastard bits but get the typhoon and there piss. In hindsight it probably made them too easy.
  • LionheartDJH 14 Feb 2012 12:18:22 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus it's only around a tenner these days. My favourite game of last year, more than worth 10.

• ExcellentBenji 15 Feb 2012 15:08:45 81 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Thanks for all the answers :-) Picked it up for 10 second-hand, having taken a chance and bought the DLC when it was on sale on Monday. Slightly annoyingly, the unused DLC codes were also in the second-hand copy I bought, but hey. Anyone want a code for the Explosive Mission Pack (Xbox)?
  • richarddavies 15 Feb 2012 15:57:04 2,572 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    O/

Me? I bought it second hand too for a tenner. It had the code in but it had been used :(
  • JoeBlade 16 Feb 2012 00:25:11 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm now at the bit where the BEE aircraft thingamajiggy crashes and I can seemingly save Malik but have limited time.

Unfortunately, 95% of my weapons are non-lethal and very ineffective against the opposition. Is there a way to pull through regardless (bar reload of a save from a while ago)?
    Two dozen attempts or so make me think no but one never knows.
  • RedSparrows 16 Feb 2012 00:27:30 20,744 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You have to be super quick, on a non-lethal play. Go right, takedowns galore, EMP the bot, zoom zoom!
  • LionheartDJH 16 Feb 2012 00:29:55 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Previous posts suggest taking out the guys who do most damage first, i.e. the heavy gunners and that big mech that comes in halfway through. Have you got Typhoon or any PKs to spend on it? That'd come in handy for the big guys, the snipers etc. can be taken out with small arms including the tranq rifle, and will be easier to deal with once the big guys are taken care of.

• FWB 16 Feb 2012 00:30:24 41,907 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Perfectly doable. Ignore hitting them from afar. Charge down the right flank taking the guys out on the lower level. Use take downs and the stun gun. Move across the front doing the same as you cross to the other side. Use an EMP for the robot when it drops and that should just leave you with the guys on the higher floors. Can use a stun sniper rifle for them.

Managed it after a couple of reloads.
  • FWB 16 Feb 2012 00:30:57 41,907 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can't use Typhoons if you want the non lethal achievement.
  • LionheartDJH 16 Feb 2012 00:36:41 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aye I probably should have guessed he wanted that. Ignore me then, I don't do non-lethal!

• JoeBlade 16 Feb 2012 00:37:05 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    You have to be super quick, on a non-lethal play. Go right, takedowns galore, EMP the bot, zoom zoom!
    I can get to that stage OK but then the bloody thing just shoots at the craft and I have no counter. All effective gear I have is 2 explosive grenades and a silenced pistol :(
  • Deleted user 16 February 2012 00:39:17
    Really great game was this, I hope they get cracking on a sequel soon and take thier time with the game as the latter parts did feel rushed.
  • FWB 16 Feb 2012 00:40:25 41,907 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You need an EMP grenade, Joe. One will take the bot down. If not then you're probably screwed taking it down in time.

Why are you using a pistol if you want to go non-lethal?

Edited by FWB at 00:41:00 16-02-2012
  • JoeBlade 16 Feb 2012 00:49:15 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    You need an EMP grenade, Joe. One will take the bot down. If not then you're probably screwed taking it down in time.

Why are you using a pistol if you want to go non-lethal?
    Just a backup weapon really.
    I hardly use weapons at all and when I do dart rifle and stun gun are my primary choices. It's not meant to be used in fact, I don't remember doing so.

I realise EMP is the way to go against bots, I just can't remember encountering any since the previous area :/
  • FWB 16 Feb 2012 01:03:33 41,907 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Outside of the bosses I think I used EMPs twice... maybe three times. Always had a few lying about and made sure I bought any I came across.

Have you checked your stash in your apartment? The secret one?
  • Virtual_Entity 12 Mar 2012 13:09:46 12 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone bought this from GAME.co.uk recently?...I ask because I'm currently waiting for it to come back into stock so I can use my reward points and vouchers...
  • Genji 12 Mar 2012 13:15:57 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only real issue I had with saving Malik in a non-lethal way was getting people away from the mech before it exploded from my EMP. I had to drag some guy away so the explosion wouldn't catch him. Took a couple of goes, but I got there. The others are fairly easily taken down with... takedowns, and the stun gun.

Edited by Genji at 13:20:33 12-03-2012
  • beastmaster 14 Mar 2012 11:09:15 10,171 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quick question. I'm right and the end of the main campaign (saving it for tonight) and I got all the DLC in the sale.

How long does the DLC last? Are they of Shimmering Isles type size or just a couple of missions?

Edited by beastmaster at 11:09:26 14-03-2012

• RedSparrows 14 Mar 2012 11:10:21 20,744 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty sure it's the latter.

There's never any SI size DLC :(
  • Syrette 14 Mar 2012 11:14:25 41,799 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The DLC (Missing Link) is actually fairly lengthy. Certainly no 20 minute quickie. Think it took me about 5 hours, going for all achievements etc. Very good it was too.

The day one DLC on the other hand really isn't worth it.

• beastmaster 17 Mar 2012 00:12:21 10,171 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the main campaign. What a stunning game! On a par with the original for me. Everything was spot on.

Story, character, acting (yes, this is no ordinary game!), controls and the ability to change options on the fly when you need to. This came in handy during the boss battles.

I remember seeing an article on EG about the main dude being really, really sorry about the boss battles. Just remember that for the next one and Thief 4 eh?

Fuck it, it's a 10/10. Will do the DLC in a couple of months time.

• Futaba 17 Mar 2012 18:26:10 3,426 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had this delivered from Amazon today and got stuck in for a couple of hours. Really liking the soundtrack so far, they captured the original Deus Ex feel well. Playing my Jensen as a antihero prick as I usually do first playthrough in these sorts of games. The original Deus Ex had some really satisfying 'evil' choices and dialogue so I hope this is similar in that respect. Also liked the homage about using the women's toilets and the little jokes in emails (Nigerian bank details).

Saved the hostage from the first boss, but he got away, I was expecting a shootout after he let her go, or Jensen to quickly shoot him but instead he just ran off... Ia lso got mown down by the SWAT team for chucking a cardboard box at them (can't they take a joke?) :( Feeling less motivated to do the stealth routes after reading about how some later bosses make stealth skills pretty much useless.

Edited by Futaba at 18:27:42 17-03-2012

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Page

of 139 First / Last