Deus Ex: Human Revolution Page 2

• Page

of 139 First / Last

• reinhart_menken 8 Jun 2010 08:05:11 21 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cheeky_Grizzly wrote:
    Praetorianer wrote:
    That's only to hide the eye augmentations :)

Maybe he is double cross eyed :)

No, no, no. It's to protect those light-sensitive eyes that allows you to see in the dark in case your cell mate knives (knifes?) you in the back at night ;)
  • pinebear 21 Jun 2010 11:59:50 8,565 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Terminator arm!

• Ged42 21 Jun 2010 14:03:18 7,727 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awesomeness :D

The city looked so cyberpunk, like walking through the Bladerunner set. Looks like a modern game yet is still recognisably Deus Ex, from the the look of the dropbot, crawling through vents to nightclubs full of Russians spilling drinks.

I hope the whole cover system works well, i've died too many times in games trying to get my character to snap or release to the right bit of cover.

The folding out displays were very nicely done as well and the facial and body animation on the barman guy is top notch.
  • pauleyc 21 Jun 2010 14:35:10 4,458 posts
    Seen 26 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've watched only a few minutes of the first film due to possible spoilers but at this point it looks really good. The designers are apparently quite heavily influenced by Gibson (city setting, bartender with bionic arm ;-). Plus it's good to see that the "body removal" is back, I missed that particular gameplay mechanic from Alpha Protocol.
  • Machetazo 16 Aug 2010 14:10:13 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New Trailer - Is that the Fighter from Leverage, Christian Kane as the lead?! :D Excellent first gameplay!
  • ProfessorLesser 16 Aug 2010 14:39:31 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SWEET. Don't like the look of the gunplay though.

Sounded like Alec Baldwin to me :-/
  • Deleted user 16 August 2010 14:41:12
    What version of the game is that from? Either this PC is rubbish at decoding flash or the frame rate looks a little worrying.
  • ProfessorLesser 16 Aug 2010 14:44:39 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looked fine to me.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2010 14:49:37
    Nah it's poor even in SD. Not out til Feb so I suppose it's traditionally the last thing to get sorted.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 16 Aug 2010 14:52:13 25,811 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looks very cool indeed.

Deus Ex fanboys confuse me though. All this whining about how Ubisoft seem to be turning it into an FPS, when it was one in the first place, just with a few added bits and extra ways of doing things. Which this seems to have too.

Fools.
  • ProfessorLesser 16 Aug 2010 14:53:07 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Terrible is a pretty poor choice of words. It didn't look terrible at all. Maybe not super super high gigawanked, but it looked pretty enough to me. Anyway, it's Squenix ffs.

Edited! Bitch ;)
  • ProfessorLesser 16 Aug 2010 14:53:33 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FPA.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2010 14:53:48
    Yeah I did more shooting than anything else in the first one. The second one was pretty tragic overall in comparison.

High hopes this can recapture some of the first ones magic.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Aug 2010 14:55:33 14,714 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I enjoyed the second one, more so than the first. Although I did play the second one first, it just looked and felt nicer.

/Will probably burn in hell for all eternity.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 16 August 2010 14:55:58
    Smuggo wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Terrible is a pretty poor choice of words. It didn't look terrible at all. Maybe not super super high gigawanked, but it looked pretty enough to me. Anyway, it's Squenix ffs.

Edited! Bitch ;)

It it's not at 8,000 frames per second I'm not interested.

How precious.

Anyway, getting back to reality it always makes me wince a little when devs pump out gameplay videos of what is clearly an early build.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 16 Aug 2010 14:56:53 25,811 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Techno Hippy wrote:
    I enjoyed the second one, more so than the first. Although I did play the second one first, it just looked and felt nicer.

/Will probably burn in hell for all eternity.

o_O
  • Ged42 16 Aug 2010 15:11:08 7,727 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    SWEET. Don't like the look of the gunplay though.

Sounded like Alec Baldwin to me :-/

I thought he sounded like the guy who voiced Walton Simons in the original Deus Ex... which made me wonder.
  • DUFFKING 16 Aug 2010 15:22:53 7,256 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, he sounds a lot like Walton Simons to me.
  • teh_MBK 16 Aug 2010 18:08:30 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The difference between the first and second games for me was the openness. I know it has already been discussed at great lengths, but for me, in the original DX game, there were a lot of small nooks and crannies worth exploring. In Paris, for example, there was the bakery. I can't remember if there was a quest or a hint in a datapad somewhere talking about it, but I didn't see that the first time I played. I busted in, cracked open the oven and stole 10 or so Zyme vials. Or the apartments in Paris, looting them was good banter.

In DX:IW, it seemed to me that the places where you could go, were all places you had to go to at some point. There wasn't anything there that rewarded only exploration. In fact, if you did explore, you'd likely end up back at the same place about 30mins later, having already cleared it out, making it a rather dull trudge through the same place. For example, busting into the apartments in Seattle.

The trailer for the new game does look pretty awesome. Some of the take-down moves look fantastic fun. I'm curious to see how they will have implemented them (or if they're in game at all...). My hopes are high, so with any luck I'll get hold of it before I read too much game-bashing on various forums, just like I didn't for DX:IW.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2010 18:15:05
    Machetazo wrote:
    New Trailer - Is that the Fighter from Leverage, Christian Kane as the lead?! :D Excellent first gameplay!

Jesus wept it needs some different colours. O_o

• sanctusmortis 16 Aug 2010 20:23:30 9,631 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And a different host, seeing as Gametrailers is wanktacular.
  • Pastici 16 Aug 2010 20:59:16 450 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The vid is on here too...
  • BravoGolf Moderator 21 Aug 2010 11:37:20 12,741 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The preview on EG is good in which Tom describes several approaches to one mission. It made me think, you of EG, will the openness of each mission be self contained or does the story blend from one objective to another.

So basically the game isn't a series of isolated cubes but rather one long rectangle with no distinction between mission a end and mission b begins.
  • Vortex808 21 Aug 2010 12:37:55 7,133 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The myriad ways to do this will could potentially be great. This may well be one that will actually warrant repeated playthroughs. I wonder how many potential end sequences it'll have?
  • teh_MBK 21 Aug 2010 21:32:49 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BravoGolf wrote:
    The preview on EG is good in which Tom describes several approaches to one mission. It made me think, you of EG, will the openness of each mission be self contained or does the story blend from one objective to another.

So basically the game isn't a series of isolated cubes but rather one long rectangle with no distinction between mission a end and mission b begins.

I'm hoping there will be main objectives for each area. I expect the areas will be large, free to explore hubs, with other places branching off them for sub-objectives or side missions. Each area offering multiple methods for approaching objectives.

You know, like Deus Ex ;o). I'm not sure if that makes cubes or rectangles?

BravoGolf wrote:This may well be one that will actually warrant repeated playthroughs.

Something I'm keen to see is how they tackle the choose your approach aspect. The original Deus Ex did offer some choice as to point of entry to structures and whether you were gonna go ninja or Rambo. I'm curious if there will be situations you can talk your way through. I wont be distraught if there isn't, but it could offer some interesting game play, add to the immersion and definitely allow for multiple play throughs.
  • Deleted user 23 August 2010 00:05:22
    from the previews i've read and the details provided in developer diaries this is certainly a game worth getting excited about. it sounds absolutely fantastic on paper, i just hope they pull it off in execution.
  • Tuffty 6 Sep 2010 07:16:36 1,583 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PAX Live Demo

The camera's shaky and it's a poor quality but hey, it's a glimpse of actual gameplay.
  • teh_MBK 6 Sep 2010 17:56:42 197 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for that dude. I'm liking what I'm seeing, it really does remind me of the original. Big plus imo.
  • Page

of 139 First / Last