Vaping adventures Page 3

• Page

of 133 First / Last

• Psychotext 8 Mar 2010 16:32:46 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Throat hit varies a lot between different juices and atomisers. I can barely use my 510 with some of the juices I have... just kills me.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2010 16:45:20
    It's gonna be pretty interesting for me, as I smoke a fag in about 20 seconds.

So, Super Mini, and how many cartridges/batteries/atomizers?
  • Psychotext 8 Mar 2010 16:47:22 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The starter packs tend to work out fairly well. When I bought my first one I got two batteries, two atomisers and a bunch of pre-filled carts. They have recharge cases and all sorts now though so it's probably worth looking around.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2010 16:50:04
    Yeah, the e-cig shop was a bit of a mine-field. I'll check it out in-depth when I get home.
  • Dirtbox 8 Mar 2010 16:51:24 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The site with the cheap liquid I linked on the last page has pretty good deals.

The thing you'll soon realise is it doesn't matter how little like a cigarette it looks, you're not going to stand there pretending you're smoking a real fag. It's all about getting the vapour down your neck as best you can.

Sounds a bit skaggy, but that's the truth of it.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Fake_Blood 8 Mar 2010 16:52:05 4,213 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I haven't been following this thread buuuuut, how much are those filler thingies?
    Is it cheaper than normal suicidal smoking?
  • Dirtbox 8 Mar 2010 16:53:17 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Found a bit of a coup here Import the liquid from China for 1/3rd the price.

Free delivery too.
    There's generally a reason you should avoid buying things from china. That's why I like www.e-cigs.co.uk (they get lab tests done on their stuff).
    I was reading on the FAQ you linked that it's all the same, they just ship it in and repackage it. It's a fair point, though. Still, I'll take my chances.

• Psychotext 8 Mar 2010 16:55:20 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    Considerably...

...until you go batshit mental like me and buy about 40 different flavours to try and keep getting new and funkier kits.
  • Dirtbox 8 Mar 2010 16:55:44 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    I haven't been following this thread buuuuut, how much are those filler thingies?
    Yes. The bottle in the link above is at least a couple of weeks worth of smoke for about 7. Dunno for sure, I'll let you know when I've drained one.

Text can probably answer that: How long does a 30ml bottle last?

• Fake_Blood 8 Mar 2010 17:05:28 4,213 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Holy shit
    SOLD

Would it work with thc too?
    Hypothetically speaking...
  • Psychotext 8 Mar 2010 17:09:08 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    No, as I said on the last page... you'd need considerably higher temperatures than these things are capable of generating.
  • Psychotext 8 Mar 2010 17:10:25 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Text can probably answer that: How long does a 30ml bottle last?
    You know... I honestly couldn't say. I tend to swap between flavours so I have no idea how long each one lasts.

I bet it'll be on that forum I linked on the last page though. Probably in the FAQ section.
  • Fake_Blood 8 Mar 2010 17:12:49 4,213 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    No, as I said on the last page... you'd need considerably higher temperatures than these things are capable of generating.

Hmm, maybe one of these can get me trough the day, then smoke something real in the evenings.
  • Dirtbox 13 Mar 2010 16:51:11 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've taken delivery of some e-liquid. These guys need some serious help with their package design, it's like some sort of legal high crap you buy from a hippied out bong shop.

It's "Totally Wicked" vanilla, high nicotine and it's pretty good.

Feels like you're smoking a proper fag, which is what I was looking for, so all in all it's pretty much ideal.

• Psychotext 13 Mar 2010 23:17:08 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I might have to give that one a try.
  • Dirtbox 13 Mar 2010 23:39:32 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a little bit on the rough side but easy to get into. If there's one drawback to this e-cig malarkey, it's that it gives you a dry throat, but that means I drink more water which is no bad thing considering I had kidney stones not too long ago.

• Psychotext 14 Mar 2010 01:52:05 54,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, definitely a lot drier than normal smoking. That gets far less noticeable after a while though.
  • Dirtbox 15 Mar 2010 21:58:41 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm amazed at how long this liquid lasts, I put three small pipette squirts into a tiny (5ml?) bottle that came free with the 30ml bottle three days ago and I don't think I'm 1/4 of the way through.

I've adopted the direct drip technique which involved dripping the liquid directly onto the atomiser because 2 drips is the equivalent of a normal cigarette plus a little, also it has the bonus of tasting stronger because it makes more vapour.

Haven't touched a cigarette yet, nor do I want to. I've stopped coughing, I feel a heap better generally and I can't believe they're even considering banning this stuff. Amazing.

• Deleted user 15 March 2010 22:10:34
    Is this the third week? So what do I need to buy if I go the liquid route?
  • Dirtbox 16 Mar 2010 12:11:09 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's a bunch of links and really good video reviews here as well as discount codes for a lot of the sites. Most of the sites sell liquid, so just have a look around.

• BTBAM 17 Mar 2010 16:23:15 1,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm definitely interested in this. I'm a 20+ a day smoker and would love to try this out!

Does it feel like a normal cigarette? How often does the liquid need to be replaced? How do you 'light' it? Do you need to or do you just take a drag? I saw a 'packet' with the 'starter kit' - do you have lots of the 'cigarettes' to get through? Does the shell of the 'cigarette' last a while or do you need to use a new one?

I just want to know how much I'm going to spend after the initial 30 outlay. It'll be considerably less than fags, I can be sure of that though.
  • bauhaus 17 Mar 2010 16:50:16 3,512 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    just ordered my first kit from that ENjuice mob

looking forward to striking this up in my local
  • Dirtbox 17 Mar 2010 16:57:55 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've got half my local on them, the landlord fucking loves me because his profits are up.

• Load_2.0 17 Mar 2010 16:58:59 19,281 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So is everyone sparking up (electronically) inside the pub?
  • Dirtbox 17 Mar 2010 17:04:47 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BTBAM wrote:
    I'm definitely interested in this. I'm a 20+ a day smoker and would love to try this out!
    Same as me, roughly. Probably smoked a little more if I'm honest.
    Does it feel like a normal cigarette?
    No, it's physically heavier and a little larger.
    How often does the liquid need to be replaced?
    a 30ml bottle will last you sodding ages. Don't buy Cartridges, they only have about 10 cigs worth of juice in them.
    How do you 'light' it?

By sucking on it.
    Do you need to or do you just take a drag?
    Pretty much, yeah. Take a long, slow, controlled drag like you would a spliff.
    I saw a 'packet' with the 'starter kit' - do you have lots of the 'cigarettes' to get through?
    The cigarette consists of an atomiser and a rechargeable battery, You usually get one atomiser and 2 batteries so one's on charge while you use the other. The packet probably had cartridges in it.
    Does the shell of the 'cigarette' last a while or do you need to use a new one?
    The body lasts a good long time and any part can be replaced quite inexpensively.

• Dirtbox 17 Mar 2010 17:06:21 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    So is everyone sparking up (electronically) inside the pub?
    Yep. The landlord's a smoker himself so was fascinated by it to begin with, now he's got some disposables behind the bar that cost 5.50 and last about 20 fags. They're pretty good too.

• Deleted user 17 March 2010 17:07:52
    So you can use cartridges or liquid? Or do you need a different e-cig for each type?
  • Dirtbox 17 Mar 2010 17:10:56 78,209 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can refill a cart with the liquid or you can drip the liquid on the atomiser. Don't need a different cigarette. You'll still need an empty cartridge on the cig when you drip it otherwise it's like sucking on an exhaust pipe.

• BTBAM 18 Mar 2010 10:09:39 1,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    BTBAM wrote:
    Same as me, roughly. Probably smoked a little more if I'm honest.
    Does it feel like a normal cigarette?
    No, it's physically heavier and a little larger.
    How often does the liquid need to be replaced?
    a 30ml bottle will last you sodding ages. Don't buy Cartridges, they only have about 10 cigs worth of juice in them.
    How do you 'light' it?

By sucking on it.
    Do you need to or do you just take a drag?
    Pretty much, yeah. Take a long, slow, controlled drag like you would a spliff.
    I saw a 'packet' with the 'starter kit' - do you have lots of the 'cigarettes' to get through?
    The cigarette consists of an atomiser and a rechargeable battery, You usually get one atomiser and 2 batteries so one's on charge while you use the other. The packet probably had cartridges in it.
    Does the shell of the 'cigarette' last a while or do you need to use a new one?
    The body lasts a good long time and any part can be replaced quite inexpensively.

You absolute champ, thanks for those. Turns out one of my friends has one when I mentioned it to her, and she said it was rubbish (she's always wrong, about everything) so I'm going to try and get it off her. I miss toking a joint so I'll enjoy smoking that like it's a spliff!
  • Page

of 133 First / Last