Vaping adventures Page 59

• Page

of 207 First / Last

• AccidentProne 25 Mar 2014 19:26:09 1,172 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried chocolate praline recently, it's pretty good. I tend to prefer fruit flavours too. Blueberry and forest fruits are both rather nice. But yeah, best to try a few. Only flavour I've not got on with was raspberry coconut ice, yuck.
  • richardiox 25 Mar 2014 19:30:10 5,708 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm rocking some bananalate premium juice at the moment. It's good shit.
  • Mr_Sleep 25 Mar 2014 19:49:20 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    I've tried plenty of flavours but I keep going back to blueberry myself. Most people I know who vape seem to like fruit flavours of some sort but the best advice is probably to try a few out and avoid those tobacco ones like the plague.
    No kidding there. I have one called Cubana as I like a cigar but it's fucking horrible. I mix it in with coffee and it actually improves both no end but it's seriously shite on its own.

In regards of my questions about customs on the last page, I did manage to get through Gatwick with no problems but in Berlin they had to scan some batteries because I'd stupidly left them in my pocket, my own fault really. So they did some stuff to them to check they're alright and then sent me on my way. Felt like a bit of a tool but it's fair enough. Weirdly they didn't have a problem with the bag in my luggage that had loads of wires (USB) and a bunch of other batteries in it :-D

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr_Sleep 25 Mar 2014 19:51:00 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh and in regards of flavours to try, I do like the coffee ones but Cherry is lovely and I always recommend Energy Kick, although it's a bit sweet for some people's tastes. Regarding the hash oil, I think you might end up needing a stronger vaper than the standard LF ones but there are replacement ones you can buy that vary in strength. Must give it a try at some point :-)

• Razz 25 Mar 2014 19:57:52 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What was that blend you let me try in the pub the other week?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Mr_Sleep 25 Mar 2014 22:09:10 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    What was that blend you let me try in the pub the other week?
    No, I think that was chocolate praline. The other flavour was cola kisses, which is pretty nice too.

• Razz 25 Mar 2014 23:42:16 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How do you mix them? Just pour a bit of each in the e-fag?

• Mr_Sleep 26 Mar 2014 12:34:36 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Razz Yep, I just pour in a bit of both. Although some seem to have a different viscosity so they don't mix up that well. When I was first weaning myself off fags I found the little bit of tobacco flavour was useful and still find a coffee and tobacco mixture satisfying. The tobacco doesn't mix well with fruity flavours though, in my experience.

By the way, if you have the starter kit you will find after several weeks it starts to produce less vapour as the coils start to burn out. Once it starts tasting a bit more acrid or you are getting a lot less vapour then it's time to buy some new ones. Also, if you are getting liquid in your mouth and your battery is fully charged then that's another indication of a burned out coil.

Personally I go for replaceable ones, like EVOD. They are a much cheaper long-term solution and you can then also always have some spare parts lying around.

• Razz 26 Mar 2014 14:00:25 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers for all the info, I'll probably pick up a couple Vivi Nova's. I haven't quite figured out the anatomy of it yet, i.e. what the coils are, where the atomiser is etc... I get that the clearomizer is the thing you put the oil in and the mouth piece goes on top.

Is the atomizer part of the clearomizer? And the coils are in there right?

Ah, here she is btw:

• mal 26 Mar 2014 14:43:31 22,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah a clearomizer is a combined atty and tank iirc.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Mr_Sleep 26 Mar 2014 15:52:05 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Once you get some replaceable ones it will all make sense. The coils are inside the bit that the wicks go into. As your wicks get black at the top that is also an indication that the coils are burning out.

• Razz 27 Mar 2014 09:56:26 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I actually think that getting this was a bad idea, I use it a lot more than I actually smoked. It may just be a case of "oh new shiny" but I reckon I will have to gradually decrease the nicotine strength over time. I currently use 1.6% which I assume is 16mg. Is that a lot higher than the cutter's choice I used to smoke? I have no idea what the nicotine content was.

• Jeepers 27 Mar 2014 10:19:47 13,224 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was a rolly smoker for 25 years. 20 a day of Drum Mild. I started on 1.8 and found it a little much and am now down to 1.2, and gradually mixing in 0.6 to bring it down even further.

If you've just started, it can take a while to get used to the routine of smoking; I found a vape'd more often than I smoked at first, but am now more regular and less frequent.
  • TheRealBadabing 27 Mar 2014 10:27:11 1,347 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't worry about it. Nicotine is about as harmful as caffeine so think of it like getting a new coffee machine and enjoy the new shiny :)

Strength is up to you but remember that tobacco normally has additives to speed nicotine uptake; you will not get the same "hit" from an e-cig and nowhere near 100% of what you are vaping will be absorbed.

You will know if you have been overdoing it as you will feel slightly nauseous. Worth going bananas at it for a few minutes to see at what point you feel uncomfortable, then you will know your limits with that kit and strength.

If you enjoy chain vaping then get some weaker juice but don't overthink it at this stage just get used to the new routine. Remember that in about 2 weeks you might have a cough which you will likely blame on the e-cigs. That's your body cleaning out the remaining crap from your lungs. Not sure if that will happen if you still smoke other substances but worth bearing in mind.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Mar 2014 10:27:58 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The thing is that a small amount of nicotine is not harmful, in fact it is somewhat beneficial in certain ways. Also, every hit has a smaller level of nicotine in it than a cigarette so you shouldn't feel too bad. Also, there is all manner of crap in a normal rollie which aren't in the e-cigs.

• Zomoniac 27 Mar 2014 10:50:00 7,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I chain mine way too much. If I'm at home it seems to rarely leave my hand, just because it's there. I really need to cut down on that. I use 1300mAh batteries and routinely find a one that was fully charged in the morning is dead before bedtime. Plus it dries out my throat quite a bit. And I converted completely over three years ago, still don't seem to have eased off, usually using 18 or 24.
  • Razz 27 Mar 2014 10:55:36 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We were out last night and I think I overdid it, I got really nauseous. But serves me right, I was puffing it like a steam engine, taking really big hits to create large clouds of vapour. Choo choo mother fucker!

I bought some Socialites chocolate 1.6% from a hawker in Hammersmith mall. £10 I paid for it, stupidly expensive I know, but I left my juice at home. It's really lovely and lasts a lot longer than the XO Tobacco I got in the starter kit. My point is that it tastes so good that I can't get enough of it!

I find the e-cig etiquette hard to get used to. When I bought the juice, the sellers let me try a variety of flavours, it felt odd to be standing in a mall at rush hour puffing away. Made me feel really awkward, what with normal smoking being banned from the public space. I know some people use them on train platforms but I don't think I have confidence to pull that off.

I still smoke "other substances" yeah, but very lightly, a slight sprinkle in a rollie before bed. I backed a handheld "herb" vape called the Grasshopper that should help me nip that in the bud (heh).

I'll probably do what Jeepers is doing and gradually move down to 0.6, but I'll combine that with using less tasty juice flavours! :D

• wayneh 27 Mar 2014 11:20:27 2,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Razz After a few experiments with different brands I've been using Socialites for a while now. I've never had a problem with their clearamizers unlike others where I've had leaking and burnt tastes, their batteries are good and their juice, which is £10 for 15ml instead of £5 for 10ml like most vendors, gives a long lasting good taste and a nice hit.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Mr_Sleep 27 Mar 2014 13:56:44 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hqve come around to thinking that mint is actually quite a good flavour to go for as it has a pallet cleansing affect which means I chain vape a little less with it. Although it does tend to leave it's mark on the wicks for quite a while so it should really only be used in a dedicated carto.

• Tabasco 28 Mar 2014 21:07:50 5,780 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just ordered a EGO CE4 starter kit from Vaping Vision as they seem to be the cheapest for starter kits, also has a good rep for customer service. I also used a code for a 10% discount (“ecigcoupons”).

I know what people have been saying not to go with the tobacco flavour but I did order a mix match 5 pack with one, with some other flavours. Total order after the code discount, just shy of 30 quid.

Looking forward to it! Now, what to spend all that extra money on.....
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2014 13:40:49 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tabasco wrote:
    You can spend it on all the mod kits and different vapours and batteries and stuff. You could save up for a pipe shaped battery or custom designs ;-)

Oh and Vapers of the world Unite!

• Razz 3 Apr 2014 15:43:21 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was looking at the Gandalf epipes the other day. Cool stuff, but I'd never use it in public. :-D

Anyone found any decent storage solutions for ecigs and the various bits and bobs. At the moment I'm using your bog standard tube tidy, I.e.
    http://www.normansoffice.co.uk/images/products/zoom/1270550961-56752400.jpg

It works for the most part but, I'd love something elegant. A lot of the stuff I've seen online are just bits of wood or acrilyc with holes drilled in them. Which is fine for just the ecig, but where will I store my juice, extra batteries, cleromizers etc. Maybe I should buy one of those makeup boxes...

• Razz 3 Apr 2014 15:47:42 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also I much prefer the taste of Socialites juice to that of LF. Its more expensive yes, but worth the added cost.

• Razz 3 Apr 2014 16:07:08 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep

Edit: Wrong thread o_O

Edited by Razz at 17:14:48 03-04-2014

• mal 3 Apr 2014 16:51:37 22,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Tabasco wrote:
    You can spend it on all the mod kits and different vapours and batteries and stuff. You could save up for a pipe shaped battery or custom designs ;-)

FWIW, here's the (simplified) EU stance on the directive.

Only thing that looks actually bad for the industry is a bit of the directive that states it:
    prohibits cigarettes and roll-your-own tobacco with characterising flavours
    (from this page about the directive in general where I found that PDF).

I don't know if that applies to e-cigs as well as fags as well, but it isn't mentioned either way in that pdf. Would basically shaft the e-juice industry if it did apply to their produce though.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2014 17:06:09 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Maybe I should buy one of those makeup boxes...
    Do it! I tend to just keep most of them lying around like the scumbag that I am but I have a little leather bag with a whole bunch of liquids in them. It's not the best solution but keeps some of the detritus away.

• Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2014 17:14:36 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Tabasco wrote:

FWIW, here's the (simplified) EU stance on the directive.
    Fair enough, interesting PDF, ta. I do take slight issue with:

"A concern for public
    health is that e-cigarettes will be increasingly used by young people and non-smokers."

I don't know why this would be the case and I'm not sure what the major concern is, are we to ban coffee because people are addicted to it?

"Nicotine is an addictive and toxic substance."

Yes it is but then so is anything in amounts that cause toxicity in the body, the amounts in vapourised e-cigarettes are not enough to cause toxicity so this is a bit of a non-argument.

"The long term effects of e-cigarettes on public health are not yet known."

Again, this is true of nearly everything, e-cigarettes are no different to anything else in this regard, I guess regulation is a good idea to keep tabs on what is going in to e-cigarettes.

I don't have a huge problem with regulation in this area, I'm just concerned that some of the preconceptions about the actual harm of the product are more tied to its link to cigarettes rather than the product itself and as such I don't think it's fair to approach it from that perspective. Also, to legislate on something because "some kids will take it up" seems a bit wrong, if it is regulated like any other controlled substance then there is no issue, people should be free to do as they want with this unless it is found to cause harms that aren't clear yet but there is not much evidence to suggest it causes any problems yet.

• fiery_jackass 3 Apr 2014 17:15:07 510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @mal
    disagree.
    The EU's stance, like that Welsh clown yesterday, is essentially anti-science. There is no meaningful evidence to justify their stance. They will not stop here. Go take a look at some of the stuff that people like Linda McAvan (Labour MEP) or Dr Sally Davies (UK Chief Medical Officer) come out with.

These bastards will have blood on their hands and all that money that Big Pharma spent lobbying to protect their precious cancer revenue will have been well spent.

The directives will not impact the (Big Tobacco) manufacturers of cig-a-likes. The directives will impact people who move from them, as everyone should, as soon as possible. Refillable devices and small manufacturers are being targeted, for no citable reason whatsoever. It's a disgrace, just can't decide who's being stupid and who's being corrupt.
  • Razz 3 Apr 2014 17:17:14 61,582 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Will nobody think of the poor tobacco companies :(

• Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2014 17:29:00 17,282 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is notable that the only e-cigarettes getting big marketing campaigns are the disposable ones as opposed to the refillable liquid ones.

• Page

of 207 First / Last