E-Cigarette adventures Page 58

• Page

of 82 First / Last

• Immaterial 10 Jan 2014 15:10:28 1,320 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So after about a month of colds that have left me with a chest feeling like I'm being bear-hugged by a big, strong man, I've taken the leap into e-cigs. After not particularly enjoying one of those fake cigarette things, I'm looking at a thing that looks like a mix between a sex toy and a hypodermic syringe- think it's called eGo-T (apparently comes with an 1100MaH battery and 2 CE4 tank things). Any ideas if it's any good for a newb?

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• Zomoniac 10 Jan 2014 15:23:52 7,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just grand, go for it. TBH having experimented with various flashy bits like tank systems with changeable coils and switchable resistance and huge chrome e-cigs the size of my arm, I always end up back using an eGo Spinner with a standard CE4 tank attached because they just always seem to work flawlessly.
  • gamingdave 10 Jan 2014 15:27:57 4,187 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Id say perfect. It's what you would call a second generation device. Will give a better experience from the cigalikes without being bulky and heavy like a 3rd gen device.

You will need liquid as well. I recommend houseofliquid, especially their Eden which is almost all I vape these days.
  • Immaterial 10 Jan 2014 15:49:36 1,320 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers- After I posted I read back over the past few pages and EGO-T seems to be a good gateway drug to the world of digital smoking.
    An ex-colleague of mine has set up http://www.ukvapin.co.uk (apologies for the pimping), but I wanted to pretend I know what I'm talking about before I start hassling him.

Edited by Immaterial at 15:50:53 10-01-2014

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• EnsoProductions 13 Jan 2014 14:21:09 27 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Was following this thread in 2013 and found it pretty helpful, but can anyone advise exactly what I should purchase to get started?

Currently smoke roll-ups, around 10-15 a day if I don't have a drink. Have been smoking for 20 years :(

Tried giving up (cold turkey) on NY and lasted < 24 hours! I felt dazzed, my lungs seemed to contract and felt like clawing everyones face off! Happy days!
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2014 14:26:34 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Start with one of these kits here. I am not a big fan of the tobacco flavours so you might want to see what other flavours you want. I like the sweet ones but opinion varies as one would expect. Try out a bunch of flavours and see what suits.

Assuming you enjoy it move on to a USB pass through battery and cartomisers that come with replaceable wicks as it saves a fair amount in the long run.

You are a factory of sadness.

• EnsoProductions 13 Jan 2014 14:31:49 27 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks :) Without the addiction, I'm not sure if I'd actually like the taste of tobacco - I guess that's the addiction talking?

What is the difference between what you recommend and the USB pass through? So many questions! How many times per day would I use this, say on day 1 for example?
  • Mr_Sleep 13 Jan 2014 14:51:00 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have always liked the taste of tobacco/smoke but the flavours of tobacco never quite match up to a ciggie.

The pass through means you can charge it and use it at the same time whereas the kit comes with a charger that means you have to detach the cartomiser to charge the battery. It's worth having two batteries for this reason but if you just want to order a USB pass through anyway then that might be a good idea but it is quite an initial outlay.

This is the pass through by the way.

I find with the e-cigs that I tend to just puff away throughout the entire day, it's not like a cigarette that has a definitive moment, it is more like having nicotine on drip feed. It's not a big problem in that the amount of nicotine you take in from vapour is lower than traditional smoking. I was a ten to twenty roll ups a day man and I still take in approximately the same amount of nicotine in a day using the e-cig.

• EnsoProductions 13 Jan 2014 20:50:28 27 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    How long would a bottle of the flavour last?

I guess what I'm asking is, exactly what do I need to order (and not run out in the first couple of weeks)? Just a starter kit?
  • MrE26 13 Jan 2014 21:31:52 1,922 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A 10ml bottle lasts me about a week, & i was a 20 a day smoker. I'd also advise steering clear of tobacco flavours, they taste more like dirty ashtrays than cigarettes to me. Then again, after using mine for 3 months now, any occasional drunken cigarettes i've had taste repulsive as well. Menthol liquid is my flavour of choice, although blueberry is delightful as well.

At first, it'll satisfy the cravings but it'll likely feel like there's something missing. After a week or so you adjust to it & i actually much prefer it to smoking now.
  • Dirtbox 13 Jan 2014 21:37:55 77,480 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I took a 7 hour flight yesterday night and on the plane while I was having a sneaky vape, I smell pancakes. I look over and there's this mouth breather looking guy just parping away without a care in the world, blasting his sickly sweet plumes of vapour all over the cabin between tokes on a huge contraption with digital readouts and more lights than a Miami nightclub with the biggest tank I've ever seen, real pro territory.

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed, it's twats like that that get it banned for the rest of us.

Edited by Dirtbox at 21:41:31 13-01-2014

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• richardiox 13 Jan 2014 22:12:11 5,547 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been a ten to twenty snouts a day guy for fifteen years. Brought a"vapourized" brand ecig two weeks ago and haven't looked back. Got some apple flavour 18mg liquid which was nice and pretty tasty.

Just stocked up with some "vermillion river" brand imported from US via ecigwizard. Got Kentucky Applewood flavour, really nice thick smoke with almost maple syrup taste with a hint of Apple and slightly woody. Very good. Surprised how much types of liquid vary, this new one gives off insane amounts of smoke.
  • Razz 26 Jan 2014 12:26:02 60,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just found a fingernail in my tobacco. :/ I think I might give these things a go, what's a good brand to start with?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Dirtbox 26 Jan 2014 12:35:28 77,480 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Liberty Flights is my go to, there are cheaper out there but I've never had customer service like they have from anyone.

• Razz 26 Jan 2014 12:42:25 60,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks man, I'll check it out.

• lucky_jim 28 Jan 2014 11:00:10 5,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I bought a Joyetech EGo-C with the massive beast of a battery before Christmas (yay!), but it keeps leaking everywhere (boo!). It's definitely not the unit, as I bought a starter kit, so I've got two of the things.

How can I zero in on what's causing the problem? I originally used the mouthpiece "tanks" as they are, i.e. with the hard plastic cap between the liquid and the atomiser. Once I realised it was leaking, I started searching, and have since made really, really sure the tank is always in properly, and tried switching to the soft silicone caps for the tanks, which seem to have made the problem worse. I don't think it's the atomiser, as it happens with both, one of which I set up a week after the first.

Is it possible that it's the Dekang e-liquid I bought that's the problem? I've looked at the ECF forums, but it's all a bit bewildering to a newbie, which is why I thought I'd ask the nice friendly folks at EG instead. On ECF, some people seem to have had success by using a "clearomizer" with their EGo-C battery (apparently) but I have no idea what they're talking about. Any ideas?
  • wobbler147 28 Jan 2014 11:19:52 5,136 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use Kanger T3 cartomizers with my EGo battery and not had a leak yet.

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=194
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 11:26:53 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What kind of leaks are they? Are they leaking into the top of the battery or are they leaking somewhere else? I use a Evod most of the time and I've found that generally only leaks when the wick section isn't tight enough or when the wick is at the end of its life and I have to get a replacement. It could be that the liquid needs a higher temperature to vape and so it's not being burned away completely. Have you got other liquids you could try?

Also, I have an unrelated question, does anyone know if I'm going to have problems trying to get my e-cig stuff through customs? I'm off to Germany at the end of next month and I'm worried I wont be able to take any liquids through and I'm not sure what the law is on taking them on in hand luggage.

• lucky_jim 28 Jan 2014 12:56:38 5,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep
    It's leaking into the battery bit and outside through the screw thread.I guess it's possible I need new atomisers in both of them, thinking about it they've been in for just under a month (the time slipped by quick, still feels like a new toy!). How long is normal for an atomiser to last? [Edit - I've just noticed it's actually leaking in both directions, i.e. into the mouthpiece too. Does that mean it's the atomiser?]

Re the customs stuff - I was back in London (from Prague) last week, and nobody even looked at the filled e-cig in my hand luggage, but I don't think you'd be able to get an actual bottle of liquid in there (I stowed mine in my hold luggage without problems, but I didn't even bother trying to bring any in my hand luggage as I was sure it wouldn't be allowed).

Edited by lucky_jim at 13:04:34 28-01-2014
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 13:11:12 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've had similar problems in the past, do you find that it's becoming harder and harder to get a satisfying amount of vapour? I find they vary in how long they last, I've had some last for over a month and other last only two weeks. I don't think the quality control is always that great as it's a pretty unregulated industry.

A month is a pretty good turnaround, especially if you're using it a lot. Time to order in some replacement parts for you, I think. Maybe you want to try out some different atomisers/clearomisers, as I've found that there is quite a bit of a choice and I only found my favourite one recently.

Yeah, the liquid thing is where I think there might be a problem as it's got a poison sign on the side and they are pretty paranoid about liquid things at the best of times. The thing is, I'm only going for a weekend but I will be drinking a lot and most days I go through a tank so add drinking into the mix and I will definitely need quite a few refills. I might have to either get a bag of tobacco for the weekend or get some of the disposable e-cigs.

• Razz 28 Jan 2014 13:14:20 60,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Disposable? How does that work?

• Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 13:17:05 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I mean stuff like sky cigs or whatever, the ones where you buy a pack of six and they last fuck all time. Although they always taste rank in my experience, still, better than getting in trouble with customs!

• lucky_jim 28 Jan 2014 13:21:10 5,260 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep
    If you're taking any hold luggage, you'll definitely be able to put it in there. Also, if e-cigs are half as popular in Germany as they are here (probable, I'm right next door, and most companies seem to treat the Czech Republic as an extra bit of Germany in commercial terms), then you should be able to buy a bottle of liquid out there quite easily: here, most tobacco shops sell the stuff nowadays.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2014 13:26:35 16,853 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It'll all be carry on luggage as I'm only there for a couple of days. Well that is interesting, that might be the best solution then. Thanks, I'll probably grab some tobacco or skycigs as a precaution but that'll be fine. Cool.

• Zomoniac 30 Jan 2014 07:56:36 7,805 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've taken my stuff through customs loads, as long as liquid bottles are in clear bags it's fine. Twice I think my Lavatube arose suspicions at the scanner and I was quizzed on it. Guy at JFK even insisted I demo it when I told him what it was (bit weird that, if he did suspect it was something questionable would he really want me to turn it on in a room full of people?) but always managed to get everything through.
  • Razz 25 Mar 2014 19:10:21 60,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My liberty flights starter kit came today, came with a rank tasting tobacco flavour oil. Any recommendations on oil flavours to try? Ta.

• Dirtbox 25 Mar 2014 19:13:48 77,480 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Red energy was my go to, but I since got used to unflavoured.

• Slint1000 25 Mar 2014 19:19:15 3,074 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've tried plenty of flavours but I keep going back to blueberry myself. Most people I know who vape seem to like fruit flavours of some sort but the best advice is probably to try a few out and avoid those tobacco ones like the plague.
  • Razz 25 Mar 2014 19:20:36 60,777 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't seem to find that one on the LF website, there a few forum posts about it but I can't find it on their shop. :/ I've bought a few weird ones to get me started

JALIPPO BEARS
    CARAMEL APPLE PIE PG
    CHOCOLATE PRALINE

I understand the thread title now, it really is an adventure. So many new things to learn and to try. :) (Hash oil is a must try)

Edited by Razz at 19:21:23 25-03-2014

• Jeepers 25 Mar 2014 19:25:05 13,173 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mint is ok.
  • Page

of 82 First / Last