Vaping adventures Page 57

• Page

of 134 First / Last

• crwoody 25 Oct 2013 13:01:12 2,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I vape menthol around 50% of the time. Mostly while at work as I know I'll get a constant hit.

What sort of flavours are you interested in? I have a shed load sat around which I'll never touch. Free to a good home.
  • MrE26 25 Oct 2013 14:04:07 1,932 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Open to pretty much anything that isn't tobacco really, I've tried them & they just taste like stale smoke to me!

The choices are pretty overwhelming to a beginner.
  • Gartt 25 Oct 2013 14:22:14 1,740 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got myself an EGO CE4 kit as they were on sale at liberty for 18, last ecigs I tried were the old cartridge type ones, didnt really feel right for me. Im really liking this one though.
  • crwoody 25 Oct 2013 14:43:33 2,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MrE26

pm your address and I'll chuck some in the post if you like.
  • crwoody 25 Oct 2013 15:54:12 2,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll get them in the post on Monday.

These are what you will be getting, shout if you don't want any.

• MrE26 26 Oct 2013 09:46:02 1,932 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Those are ideal, thank you!
  • FatShadie 29 Oct 2013 16:25:53 4 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Post deleted
  • FatShadie 29 Oct 2013 16:27:33 4 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Any of you stopped for stoptober? I did but had to use e cigs, is that cheating? lol, there pretty cheap at the moment though got mine from www.cloudcig.co.uk 20% off at the moment.
  • maurohorton 25 Nov 2013 23:20:44 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @glo Yes EGO CE4 is quite suitable to carry around in to your pocket. I can suggest you a few e-liquid flavors too.

1. Candies & Sweets Flavors
    2. Intergalactic Coffee Flavors
    3. Tobacco Flavors
    4. Nutty Flavors
    5. Beverage Flavors
    6. Crave-able Flavors

If you want to look a list of more e liquid flavors you can visit boostedvapor.com

I would personally suggest you to try intergalactic coffee flavor. Its really good.

Edited by maurohorton at 23:22:11 25-11-2013

Edited by maurohorton at 23:22:39 25-11-2013
  • glo 25 Nov 2013 23:40:58 3,425 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @maurohorton - thanks for the tips. Getting on well with the ego now. Enjoyed cola flavour, not so keen on energy drink (too sweet). The tobacco flavour that came with the pack wasn't great but I will give the coffee a go when I need some more e-liquid.
  • Tomiv 27 Nov 2013 18:11:13 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I've fighting a loosing battle with trying to give up smoking for a while now. Only smoke when I have a drink.
    I picked up a greensmoke set here
    After a night using it, I'm very impressed with the concept of e-cigs.

My one big complaint, is the taste is nothing like a cigarette and left an awful aftertaste, any advice for a better e-cig that's not so bitter?
  • wayneh 14 Dec 2013 11:20:03 2,339 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just moved from a 510 to a tank and it's so much better, I wanted to start with 510 because it's significantly cheaper but I wish I'd gone straight for a tank now.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• MetalDog 14 Dec 2013 11:49:24 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Tomiv

Steer clear of 'tobacco' flavours. Go for fruit, coffee, whatever - much nicer.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Madder-Max 14 Dec 2013 12:01:16 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I gave up smoking 5 years ago by going cold turkey as that's the only way to do it. The key is getting off the nicotene which is by far one of the most difficult substances to give up. All e cigs do is provide an alternative nicotene delivery system.

I work in a pub and a few regulars have started using them. Ever since I have developed a cough and my chest feels tighter.

Does anyone know what chemicals are in the liquid?

How long before they are banned in pubs? I can't wait for that day.

Is there any research yet into the passive effect on those in close proximity to e cig users?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• SpaceDave3000 14 Dec 2013 12:17:06 78,226 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, it's vegetable or propylene glycol, a substance that's used in cosmetics or as a food sweetener that is combined with nicotine. The exhaled vapour is entirely water.

There is no passive effect to study.

Edited by Dirtbox at 12:17:50 14-12-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• MetalDog 14 Dec 2013 13:37:06 23,697 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The whole point of e-cigs is to provide a nicotine delivery system that mimics smoking without the undeniable horrible effects of actual smoking. It should be encouraged as a better alternative to the fags, not persecuted into non existence by the anti-smoking nazis.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Madder-Max 14 Dec 2013 19:46:49 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When you boil or vapourise water with chemicals in it are traces of those chemicals not in the water? I don't know the answer myself.

Why are there warning symbols on the bottles of liquid?

• TheRealBadabing 14 Dec 2013 19:57:48 1,314 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Someone boiled a kettle near me once and I started coughing a few days later. The police said I had a cold but I know they are trying to poison me. Ban kettles.
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Dec 2013 20:36:39 17,082 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    When you boil or vapourise water with chemicals in it are traces of those chemicals not in the water? I don't know the answer myself.

Because nicotine in high doses is a poison.

Quite a few pubs have been banning e cigarettes, Sam smith's seem to have a blanket ban. There seems to be no basis for it that I can see.

You are a factory of sadness.

• SpaceDave3000 14 Dec 2013 21:21:40 78,226 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the ban is pending the results of the various studies that are currently underway.

• saintedd 14 Dec 2013 22:04:44 302 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:

Thats what they said about real cigs in the 50s.

I smoked for 24 years and gave up in February this year first few weeks were a nightmare and even now i still have to stop my self going in to buy a 10 pack just for the sake of it. E-cigs did help at the start but i only used them for a couple weeks

Edited by saintedd at 22:07:40 14-12-2013
  • gamingdave 14 Dec 2013 22:41:59 4,237 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:

Is there any research yet into the passive effect on those in close proximity to e cig users?
    They contain nicotine, propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin, and flavourings.

Research wise there has been some done regarding passive inhalation, there is more ongoing. From what has been done there apears to be no reason for concern at all, you could look at this: http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/first-study-to-examine-passive-vaping.html

There are a lot of good research papers here too: http://www.ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/research

It must be pointed out that we do know a lot about all the base ingredients in an e-cig as they have been around for a long time. PG is used in smoke machines and asthma inhalers. VG is used in many health and beauty products and you will find it in the baking aisle at supermarkets. Nicotine has had masses of studies done on it, and whilst in a concentrated form is a poison it is a drug with a similar harm profile to caffeine. It is addictive though it is thought that other chemicals in a traditional cigarette increase its addictiveness. It's actually the flavourings, normally food flavourings, that we know the least about.

Madder-Max wrote:
    In a concentrated form nicotine is a poison. You shouldn't drink a bottle of eliquid just as you wouldn't bleach or lots of other products around your house.

Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Quite a few pubs have been banning e cigarettes, Sam smith's seem to have a blanket ban. There seems to be no basis for it that I can see.
    Wetherspoons have a blanket ban, Carling Academies do too. I've been in a few places that have not allowed vaping and when I asked why none of them have stated health concerns. In all cases it was simply down to a way to police the smoking ban. In a large pub or club it may be hard from a distance to spot if someone is vaping or smoking. It shouldn't be, as the vapour disperses a lot quicker than smoke, but I can see their point.

There has been a lot of bad/lazy reporting regarding e-cigs in the news over the past year. Some of it is outright lies, and when challenged has resulted in retractions. Unfortunately sometimes that is too late and something is already lodged in the readers mind, just look at the mess the incorrect reporting on the MMR jab caused.

One thing is clear, all the scientific evidence available says they are at least an order of magnitude safer than traditional cigarettes for the user, most saying at worst 1% as bad as a stinkie. As far as passive concerns there appears to be none. Of course as more research is done this could change, and more research should be done, but at the moment there is nothing to suggest any form of ban would be appropriate. Actually, any sort of ban would be wholly irresponsible and against the evidence, and undoubtedly lead to thousands if not millions of unnecessary deaths.

The only people that stand to loose out with the growth of e-cigs are the tobacco companies and the big pharma companies who sell ineffective NRT (less than 7% success rate) and drugs to treat the effects of smoking. Of course governments will loose masses of duty and tax from smokers, and in those countries that manufacture cigs even more.
  • MrE26 15 Dec 2013 09:20:50 1,932 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Almost 2 month of using mine now, had a vodka fueled real cigarette last weekend & was almost sick. It tasted fucking vile. Absolutely no reason to ever go back now, they hold no appeal whatsoever anymore.

Wish i'd picked one up when DB first started this thread, i'd be a far richer, healthier man.
  • CaptainKerbal 15 Dec 2013 10:28:43 376 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Yeah, it's vegetable or propylene glycol, a substance that's used in cosmetics or as a food sweetener that is combined with nicotine. The exhaled vapour is entirely water.

Which is exactly what was said about smoking at one point.
  • effinjamie 15 Dec 2013 11:00:31 888 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At the end of the day, they will be far less harmful than real cigarettes, so it's win win

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - effinjamie

• Madder-Max 15 Dec 2013 11:00:41 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The best way to describe nicotene is like an unintrusive parasitic vine that wraps itself around your veins. You don't realise its there or its true impact until you try to give it up, which is like slowly trying to pull that vine out of your body and feeling every last tendril drag.

It leaves its mark on you with headaches and moodswings for a month or so, but the improvements to taste and smell, plus the extra oxygen in your blood are well worth it.

In retrospect I find nicotene baffling because it doesn't give you much in return other than a need for more. At least with other drugs u get a clearly defined buzz or hit.

Its amazing how powerful nicotene is in illiciting justifications and denial.

"What are you doing Daddy"
    "I'm delivering a highly addictive substance into my body through water vapourisation. Its okay though because its not smoking even though it looks like I am.
    "Can I try?"

• wayneh 15 Dec 2013 11:02:13 2,339 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    I gave up smoking 5 years ago by going cold turkey as that's the only way to do it. The key is getting off the nicotene which is by far one of the most difficult substances to give up. All e cigs do is provide an alternative nicotene delivery system.

I work in a pub and a few regulars have started using them. Ever since I have developed a cough and my chest feels tighter.

You do realise the drinks you are serving probably have more harmful effects than the e-cigs you want to ban?!

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• MrE26 15 Dec 2013 11:26:48 1,932 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Madder-Max You're talking about smoking there, not nicotine. There's about 4000 chemicals in cigarettes, nicotine is just a tiny part of it & taken on it's own is about as harmful as caffeine. Besides, smoking's a deep rooted psychological habit, not a chemical dependancy. That's why NRT doesn't particularly work.

Anyway, this thread isn't about quitting smoking. Fair play to you for doing it, it's a fucking ballache to get through, but please tone down the anti-nicotine preaching. That's not what these are about. They're for people who, for whatever reason, don't want to quit or find it extraordinarily difficult to do so. With e-cigs, you still get the benefits of quitting smoking, you just don't want to rip someone's head off for a solid fortnight.
  • Madder-Max 15 Dec 2013 15:09:34 11,656 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm gonna start my own churn seeing as its a sunday. Can't decide between, Church of the ginger prophet, or Church of the gingerpocalypse. Any ideas?

• SpaceDave3000 15 Dec 2013 15:43:30 78,226 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CaptainKerbal wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Which is exactly what was said about smoking at one point.
    Yeah, so? I'll just assume you haven't read any other post on this page that make it blatently obvious why that's a stupid thing to say.

• Page

of 134 First / Last