E-Cigarette adventures Page 54

• Page

of 61 First / Last

• buggrit 18 Feb 2013 17:37:42 5,178 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Genesis type atties look reasonably easy to set up (a wee bit hamfisted here), compared to the more esoteric stuff like the Spheroid - and at £12 delivered I could hardly say no, like :)

I ended up going with the Vamo because I was already looking at stuff like Spinner batteries and I figured at least a Vamo allows me to get away with not needing to buy a multimeter to test coils and that sort of thing - proper man-maths innit. Also, having to take a charger to work for my eGo setup is wearing a bit thin - stacked 18350s or an 18650 should last me the night!
  • ibenam 18 Feb 2013 19:26:34 1,272 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Dirtbox Dude should you really have the "n" word on your profile pic?
  • bauhaus 19 Feb 2013 19:51:55 3,511 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @buggrit Thanks.

Thats an er... interesting looking site :)

I`ll make an order.
  • buggrit 20 Feb 2013 04:29:11 5,178 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bauhaus Wait until you get your handwritten letter in your package :D Grant's a bit of a legend actually, super-nice.
  • NewbieZilla 1 Mar 2013 22:14:41 237 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Copied directly from another forum I go to... Surprised this isn't being talked about.
    For anyone whos interisted enough to watch the first meeting, the public consultation part, of the TPD the full thing is here
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ep-liv...COMMITTEE-ENVI
    Theirs an edited version here;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/europe-21579957
    And if you cant be bothered (I don't blame you) theirs a reaction here;
    http://ecignews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...ng-to-ban.html
    All of the links come with a health warning,if you suffer from blood pressure dont click. The amount of mis-truths, half truths, and downright lies is breathtaking. James Rielly is a muppet who didn't even read the speech he gave before giving it.

Stock up now!
    The thread that came from for those interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056832127
  • TheRealBadabing 2 Mar 2013 01:38:44 1,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Long-term vapers are few and far between. Most use e-cigs to give up then stop using them too. Unfortunately that means that at any given moment there are many more people that have used them than are currently doing so. People are stupid and selfish so if it doesn't affect them they don't care.

That's how the nasties will get this legislation passed; they don't even have to try to gain popular support as the number of people directly affected is vanishingly small. They don't need science or common sense, this is probably the cheapest bit of lobbying the tobacco/pharmacy industry has had to fund. A couple of promises here and there and voila!, the only genuinely effective method of quitting is as good as illegal.

Welcome to democracy.
  • mal 2 Mar 2013 02:11:14 21,937 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NewbieZilla wrote:
    Copied directly from another forum I go to... Surprised this isn't being talked about.

*snip*
    http://ecignews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/euro-madness-tpd-public-hearing-to-ban.html [mal:fixed]
    All of the links come with a health warning,if you suffer from blood pressure dont click. The amount of mis-truths, half truths, and downright lies is breathtaking. James Rielly is a muppet who didn't even read the speech he gave before giving it.

Stock up now!
    The thread that came from for those interested: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056832127
    I'd be interested to see the evidence that author has that snus
    reduces smoking. As far as I've seen, snus is mostly taken by desperate Finns who've crossed the border to stock up who also may also smoke or not - I've not noticed a correlation between the availability of the stuff and smokers (except perhaps in reverse, that a few Finns might have taken up smoking when snus was banned in their country).

On topic, I'm very disappointed that Cancer Research UK took the stance they did.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Dirtbox 2 Mar 2013 03:04:24 76,327 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There will be no ban, it was an incorrect statement from a blogger:

http://ukvapers.org/Thread-EU-draft-directive-to-be-presented-on-wed-19th-Dec?pid=174843#pid174843

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• buggrit 9 Mar 2013 04:06:11 5,178 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just received my new battery mod - the Joyetech eVic. Great for the nerds - variable wattage and voltage, with graphs and all kinds of automatic nonsense (if you want that, I don't use it) and it even looks a bit less like a Cyberman's erection than some of the kit out there. VW is useful if you use different types of atomisers, as it maintains a constant vape across different resistances :)
  • gman7714 26 Mar 2013 01:20:27 244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just bought one of these after being recommended it by a work mate. Hopefully its good. It seemed better value than the Ego-C.

Anyone tried these out?
  • gman7714 26 Mar 2013 01:21:58 244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.vapour-room.com/itaste_vv_510_clearo/innokin_itaste_variable_voltage_510_clearo_kit_matte_black.htm

The link would help :)
  • Zomoniac 26 Mar 2013 11:49:49 7,402 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Give us some impressions when you get it, particularly when it comes to size, since there are no dimensions on the page. I love my Torpedo VVV, but its ridiculous length makes it awkward to have in my pocket at times, I could do with something smaller for times when that isn't practical.
  • gman7714 26 Mar 2013 12:40:27 244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Zomoniac

Sure will do, but I can give you the size now. They are 170mm long and about 14mm across at the base.
  • gman7714 27 Mar 2013 12:48:19 244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So my Itaste vv turned up this morning. A a nice turnaround by the site having ordered in the early hours of yesterday morning. The pack I bought contains a single battery and the pass through usb charging cable with the 5 clearomisers packaged seperately. It seems a little light to be honest for £42. It would be nice if they threw in a carry case! :)

So for the device itself an Itaste vv 510 clearo.

Form factor is nice. It's about 16cm long with an Iclear10 clearomizer on it and 11cm withou. My mate had the Xl Clearo hence why it was a little longer.

First impressions on build quality are that it seems solid enough. Mine has a few marks on the little LED which aren't noticeable when it is on so I give that a pass.

I have mine set to 4.5 volts and the throat hit isn't particularly strong but I'll have a play with this until I get a setting I am happy with.

It's gonna take a while to get used to the flavour and aftertaste but the predominantly VG juices I have chosen sure taste better than the flavour of the 10 motives I was using before.

Overall I am happy with my purchase :)
  • buggrit 29 Mar 2013 05:54:54 5,178 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I seem to have been bitten pretty bad by 'shinyitis', keep looking at heinously-expensive atomisers. Latest obsession is the SvoŽmesto Kayfun 3.1ES - silica-based atomiser that apparently gives about the best vape you can buy.

Still, it's cheaper than real fags and my house smells like caramel and vanilla these days, so it's all good :D
  • BTBAM 30 Mar 2013 07:34:50 1,515 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm gonna get these over the holiday. Total newbie on this. I have bought an e cigarette from Boots a year ago and it's pretty shit.

Are their any variants that are a bit lighter than that? Any that when you inhale you feel the smoke?

Also the way you guys talk about cleaning the things and getting new liquids and flavours makes the whole thing sound like a niche industry that requires some degree of expertise. Can I just get it and it will work or will I need to quit my job to clean it and order new flavours and experiment with it?
  • BTBAM 30 Mar 2013 07:36:56 1,515 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also the vocabulary you use make it seem virtually impossible for me to know where to start! Clearomizer? Atommizering? What the fuck is this universe of e cigarettes! Heeeelp!
  • Dirtbox 30 Mar 2013 09:26:57 76,327 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.ecigology.com/e-cig-glossary/

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• buggrit 3 Apr 2013 14:58:18 5,178 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It requires a little homework and asking questions to make sure you get the right stuff, for sure. Worth it though if you're serious about giving them a proper go.
  • wobbler147 4 Apr 2013 00:33:51 5,123 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    More scaremongering http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/03/e-cigarette-smokers-inhaling-unknown
  • mal 4 Apr 2013 01:38:04 21,937 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's your complaint exactly? Do you reckon they're analysing the vapours wrongly, or using the wrong vapours for testing or what?

Seems to me it's a valid concern that these solutions may contain nasty shit you wouldn't want to be inhaling. No?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• TheRealBadabing 4 Apr 2013 02:11:51 1,196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The main complaint is that (rightly) doctors will not recommend e-cigs until proper long-term research has been completed. The bastards use this thing called science. Unfortunately, in the meantime many more people will harm themselves because they (rightly) cannot be recommended a relatively new option.

Problem is that our glorious media makes a scare story out of the flimsiest (and often out of date) data because it gives them a headline, so when a doctor or organisation says they do not recommend something its spun to sound like it is the end of civilisation (again).

Common sense says that e-cigs are massively less harmful than real cigs but then again common sense said that the sun revolved around the earth some years ago. Scientists need evidence to support a theory whereas vapers, like me, have to take a leap of faith after doing our own research.

So yeah, it would be nice to know exactly what already EU-approved food flavourings are in my nicotine solution but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
  • Big-Swiss 4 Apr 2013 07:16:38 7,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    its my first e cigarette day today,and now the first thing I read, is that they are somehwat evil..........

ok then, I^ll go back smoking my 35 cigarettes a day......
  • Big-Swiss 4 Apr 2013 13:29:24 7,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Day 1 is going great so far!

I just passed the 11th cigarette I would have smoked, but haven't cause I'm using my E cigarette.

I'm amazed how well it makes me satisfied, i figured I would still be craving for cigarettes, even with e cig nikotin. but nope, as long as I get my portion nikotin now and then, I am happy.

Haven't found the perfect taste yet. I got coconut at the moment, but it isn't as awesome as I thought it would be. Probably try something else tomorrow. I got bubble gum and vanilla as well at home.

hopefully this continues so well, and I can really minimize the amount of cigarettes I smoke
  • gman7714 4 Apr 2013 22:50:15 244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Big-Swiss
    Hey good luck with giving up. I've not had a cigarette since January and had been smoking since 1985. These e-cigs really do help.

I was a bit disappointed with the taste at first as I was left with a taste of what seemed like cooking oil but a week or so in and I don't notice that taste anymore. :)
  • Big-Swiss 5 Apr 2013 07:59:42 7,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thanks Gman!

Yes, good point, today I am trying bubblegum,I find it better than coconut, but also like you say, the taste disapoints a bit.

first day went well, instead of my 35-40 cigs I smoked seven!!! I'm trying to cut down to five for today!

I am really hoping this will work for longterm, it feels great smoking less without the awfull craving.

next step will be, to go down with the nicotin level. I'm on 10, the next ones I will order 6 mg nicotin. I do feel, that the pure nicotin like this does attack my stomach a bit and I can feel it in my throat too.
  • wayneh 5 Apr 2013 09:10:20 2,185 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been using a cheap 10motives e-cig for a week now and just as I feel I no longer want a real cig my work slaps a ban on e-cigs. Because the NHS don't recommend them I have to stand outside with the real smokers to use it :( My answer to my boss when he told me was that he better start f'ing knocking on my office door before he walks in. What annoys me most is we have big bloody diesel engines running at times which the roof extract fans struggle to keep up with but I can't smoke an e-cig because it may be harmful to others?

Edited by wayneh at 09:24:30 05-04-2013

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• quadfather 28 Apr 2013 13:38:40 10,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok I'm still confused about these things. The ego one that Mr Sleep posted a page or 2 back - would that be a good starter kit, do you think?

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Page

of 61 First / Last