Vaping adventures Page 51

• Page

of 169 First / Last

• mal 10 Sep 2012 02:37:23 22,710 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Edit: Oh look, new page. Nothing to see here, move along etc.

Edited by mal at 02:38:37 10-09-2012

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• smokinghot 12 Sep 2012 22:51:14 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Why don't you guys use cartomizer filters instead, the disposable ones with a atomizer? I switched to those ages ago. Refilling the eliquid in my e-cigarette is too much of a mess, especially in the car. I got this stuff all over my seats. I stick to V2 cigs instead. No mess, you know what I mean?

E-Cigarette Reviews

• overcorpse 17 Sep 2012 00:23:13 284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    smokinghot wrote:
    Why don't you guys use cartomizer filters instead, the disposable ones with a atomizer? I switched to those ages ago. Refilling the eliquid in my e-cigarette is too much of a mess, especially in the car. I got this stuff all over my seats. I stick to V2 cigs instead. No mess, you know what I mean?
    If your having to refill constantly i would suggest you try a tank system,they come in various sizes and hold between 2 and 5ml of juice which would cut down on refilling time.

I've have gone down the repairable atomizer route and i'm saving myself a fortune.

And that snarky comment aimed toward me Dirtbox?

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• Gland 17 Sep 2012 01:14:15 78,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No, it was aimed at the 1 post and gone guy.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Mr_Sleep 19 Sep 2012 19:27:24 17,185 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have now successfully not smoked a roll up for over a month. Thanks to Dirtbox for the suggestion of the vision EGo, it has been excellent and really it's not been a problem to stop smoking fags.

My current favourite choice of liquids is to mix a cigar with coffee, it has a nice hit while also having a sweetness.

The only issue I do have is that I'm probably ingesting more nicotine than I'm used to, I was never a massive smoker so I am slightly concerned that this will up my addiction whilst doing me good in other ways.

I must admit, I'm loving the freedom of the whole thing, I still go outside for a smoke at work though.

You are a factory of sadness.

• TheRealBadabing 20 Sep 2012 09:38:22 1,329 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Gland 18 Oct 2012 12:34:22 78,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've moved up to clearomisers, the type that you can replace the atty in, but I'm really not sure how to go about it, nor what the different ohmages mean.

Can someone shed a little light on it?

• TheRealBadabing 18 Oct 2012 15:29:21 1,329 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think you mean the Vivi Nova?

The ohmages refer to the resistance of the heating coil. A lower resistance will get hotter and can increase the amount of vapour you get, as well as sometimes changing some aspects of taste. Low resistance atomisers were developed to simulate the output of a high voltage mod.

Most cartos these days come in a LR version too. Just remember: the lower the resistance the more power is drawn from the battery. 650mAh batteries and above are generally recommended as they are robust enough to cope.
  • madwlf 1 Nov 2012 15:41:34 74 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are people still using these?
    So whats considered to be a top starter kit?

Having a google I've found this: http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/product.asp?id=167

Or this: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/tornado-ego-c/kits/tornado-ego-c-e-nic-full-kit-black-2-product.html

Any others people would recommend?
    I've decided I've had enough of smoking and want to try something different and healthy.
  • Zomoniac 1 Nov 2012 16:09:09 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've had an Ego-T, Riva 901, various other 901 and 510 variants, and every time I find myself back at my trust Screwdriver mk2. In the 20 months I've been vaping I've tried so many different battery/atty combos, nothing has ever last more than a couple of months without breaking down. The SD is built like a tank and it shows.
  • kickerconspiracy 1 Nov 2012 16:13:23 494 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've noticed a couple of things since I've stopped smoking, like morning coffee being pointless and fish tasting too fishy, but there's one thing that's really bothering me.

Did my farts always smell this bad?
  • Psychotext 1 Nov 2012 18:00:40 54,405 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's nothing pointless about that first coffee of the day.
  • Psychotext 1 Nov 2012 18:01:29 54,405 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, I think I must be the only smoker who didn't suddenly notice the smell of everything / everything tasting different etc. I also didn't get any fitter so I can't help thinking that I must be built a little differently to most.
  • ronuds 6 Dec 2012 15:28:57 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, so looking at diving into the vapour-inhaling society.

I was looking at the V2 e-cigs, which I can get a discount on. Would that suffice a newbie? My bro-in-law says they're the best, but he can also get himself a discount if I order through him, so I don't know how much I can trust his word.

I don't plan on mixing my own stuff until I figure out how much I like it. Sounds like you can make a hobby out of it, though! :D

Edited by ronuds at 15:29:19 06-12-2012
  • ronuds 8 Jan 2013 16:40:08 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Related to above post, I've been using the V2 for about a week. I must say - loving it! I've already cut down significantly on regular cigs, so hopefully that lasts.

My biggest gripes so far being that I have to order everything online and I haven't figured out how to get a consistent pull from the darn thing. Sometimes I'll pull too much and hack up a lung while other times I get nothing.

But, yeah, the batteries and cartridges last forever. I'm only on my 2nd cartridge in the week I've had the cig, which I'm extremely impressed with.

Does anyone know anything about the V2s? I want to get another battery and I'm looking at their "shorty cig" line, but I don't want to comprimise anything in doing so. Also, manual or automatic? I started with auto.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 8 Jan 2013 21:56:29 755 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After 25years smoking and getting married in June I thought it finally the time to try and stop so ordered one of these.
    I've tried giving up before but wanted to commit murder.
    Let's hope this helps.
    Now I just got to get rid of the belly monster

Arsechickens

• NewbieZilla 13 Jan 2013 17:20:28 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I set up another thread, not knowing there was one. Didn't know how many would be vapers here. Anyway, I wanted to find out if there were many vapers here first of all. On finding out there were, well... I don't know if it has come up, but it isn't on this page, and it is important, so I'll bring it up now.

There is a proposed EU directive to regulate e-liquids. The short of it is that e-liquids with more than 4 mg of nicotine would be regulated as a pharmaceutical product. I think its safe to say none of us wants that. So, that said, here is a petition: http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/e-zigarette-in-gefahr?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=url_share&utm_campaign=url_share_before_sign

And for the text in English go here: http://ig-ed.org/presse/petition/PT_EN.pdf
  • Gland 13 Jan 2013 17:36:14 78,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    a 51 page thread might be an indicator.

• NewbieZilla 13 Jan 2013 18:00:08 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    a 51 page thread might be an indicator.
    I didn't look in Social, I posted in Non Gaming.
  • Gland 13 Jan 2013 18:01:44 78,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    An indicator of how many people.

As for the legislation, I'd say it needs some, but I'm not keen on the tax that'll no doubt be slapped on it.

• NewbieZilla 13 Jan 2013 18:04:17 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Legislation is one thing, but what is being proposed, 4 mg is ridiculous. It'll just have people go back to regular cigs.
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2013 15:32:52 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Am I really, really unlucky or are e-cigs generally the most unreliable things in the world ever? In the 21 months I've been doing it I've had around 6 Riva 901 batteries, 3 giant Ego batteries, about 8 DSE 901 batteries, and they've all died. T'other day even my trusty universal-backup-never-breaks Screwdriver Mk2 died. Just taken an order of 3 Riva 901 batteries and a 510 spinny voltage selector thing, and either all of my chargers are broken or every single one is DOA. It's getting pretty fucking stupid now.
  • ronuds 16 Jan 2013 15:37:17 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How long are they supposed to last? I can't comment on the V2's life yet, since I've only just started using them. I can say that they go for about 2 carts w/o needing a charge, which I think is more than adequate.
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2013 15:40:36 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well they vary massively. A DSE 901 would last me half a day at most. The 1300mAh EGOs would often last me two full days. But now none of them charge.

Edit: When I say they've all died, I don't just mean run flat. They no longer work. Can't be charged.

Edited by Zomoniac at 15:42:00 16-01-2013
  • ronuds 16 Jan 2013 15:43:06 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I meant overall life of the battery?

With all of those different brands of batteries, do you have to buy separate types of cartridges for each?
  • Zomoniac 16 Jan 2013 15:55:56 7,857 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Screwdrivers use their own batteries, I have four of them and the batteries still work fine, but the mechanism that powers the atty has died. The bodies no longer appear to be available anywhere. The others, some lasted months, others were DOA. A Riva 901 can last from 6 seconds to 6 months IME. That I've just had three in a row that won't turn on or charge is unbelievable. The 901 ones all use the same atomisers and carts, and the Screwdriver is a 901 fitting.
  • ronuds 16 Jan 2013 16:00:01 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have so much to learn still! I basically understand about 5 words of what you just wrote.
  • Page

of 169 First / Last