Vaping adventures Page 50

• Page

of 216 First / Last

• Dirtbox 3 Jun 2012 01:42:04 78,897 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah righto! I'll give them a whirl if these cartos don't come up to scratch.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• nickthegun 5 Jul 2012 16:36:58 61,118 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dear Jesus,

Please let this be someone from the forum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-18728303

Your pal,

nick

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• nickthegun 5 Jul 2012 16:37:40 61,118 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also, it certainly qualifies as an 'E-Cigarette adventure'.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• MetalDog 5 Jul 2012 16:46:09 23,881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, I read the 'smokers aid' update earlier and thought 'I am so glad I decided not to use my ecigs on public transport'

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• bauhaus 5 Jul 2012 16:50:46 3,512 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lol, I came here to paste the same link!

I make a point of vaping where ever I go, willing someone to challange me. Sadly never happens, perhaps I should use the bus a bit more!!
  • Mr_Sleep 5 Jul 2012 17:18:13 17,295 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's amazing! :-D

I've started substituting some cigarettes for the electronic ones but I find they do tend to give me a bit of a irritation in my throat. Is that likely caused by the type of e-cigarette? Anyone else had any experience along these lines?

You are a factory of sadness.

• oldschoolsoviet 5 Jul 2012 17:34:41 5,532 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm absolutely shocked by this !

A Megabus passenger could buy an e-cig over roll-ups ! *gasp*

See e-cigs quite a bit on the trains now, and all we do is a quick double-take to check it's not real. Armed police, decon units and all that fuss is a tad OTT.
  • MetalDog 5 Jul 2012 17:36:41 23,881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I suspect the problem was caused by them trying to be sneaky about it and thus looking uber-suspicious. Better OTT reaction than BOOM, limbs everywhere, I guess. People getting jumpy in the run up to the Olympics, I'd imagine.

• the_dudefather 5 Jul 2012 17:43:49 9,400 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The top rated Daily Mail comments from before the cause of the disturbance was known are pretty funny/scary

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• MetalDog 5 Jul 2012 17:52:26 23,881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The number of upvotes!
    I'll just be hiding under my bed.

• oldschoolsoviet 5 Jul 2012 19:35:50 5,532 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't help but think that if it had been the Glasgow to London Megabus, it would've been resolved by a shouting, swearing Weegie driver, and ended as a PR hiccup after he threw their luggage off and abandoned them as they tried to get it.

Different mentality up here still, and we certainly don't need Rapier batteries for these Al-Qaeda attack choppers they're expecting. They'll just hand out batons and 'fancy gear' (hi-vis vests) to the neds for 2014. ;)

Somewhere along the line, it feels like someone wanted to test out "procedural response mechanisms" and to "evaluate equipment and utilisation scenarios" before the big event. Yeah, that guy.
  • bauhaus 5 Jul 2012 19:53:18 3,512 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep re: throat irritation.

you`ll get used to that, it passes after a while.
  • bauhaus 5 Jul 2012 19:53:35 3,512 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • BinaryBob101 6 Jul 2012 17:51:16 24,131 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Test.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• BinaryBob101 6 Jul 2012 17:53:33 24,131 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun It wasn't, but it was apparently some chavvy type who works at Totally Wicked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4gPT6MoIF4&feature=g-all-u

I reckon it's PR bullshit.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• CosmicFuzz 6 Jul 2012 18:00:08 25,322 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bauhaus wrote:
    @Mr_Sleep re: throat irritation.

you`ll get used to that, it passes after a while.
    Yes but what about e-cigs?

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Folant 8 Jul 2012 23:59:37 1,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Can't be doing reading all 50 pages for a simple question, so my bad if this has been asked like, a hundred and twelve times already.

Noticed my breathing to be considerably bad recently, so I'm looking to quit smoking after I finish the pouch of baccy I have now.

Knowing pretty much nothing about this sort of thing(used one of those little white things from the stop smoking clinic once when I tried to quit before), what's a decent e-cigarette that will pretty much give me minimal nicotine(Looking to kick it, not replace how it enters my body) but still satisfy a routine of heavy smoking?

Looking a couple of pages back at the liberty something or other site, there seems to be somewhat an overwhelming choice and my brain just kinda shut down and I sparked up.

Incase it has any bearings on any recommendation(strength if e-cigarette, etc)I roll my own, quite thick, no filter, maybe 20 a day, give or take.

Mainly looking for something to keep the routine. Hands, sucking, blowing, etc(inb4 knee pads).

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• TheRealBadabing 9 Jul 2012 00:14:09 1,349 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Based on your current habits you will probably need a very high strength liquid at least to start with, otherwise it will feel like sucking on an empty straw. Just remember that no e-cig will ever taste like your lovely rollies.

I'd say start with some serious kit and bypass the cig-alikes starter kits completely. Give the guys at Liberty Flights a call and ask their advice. I would imagine either a high voltage battery/passthrough or low resistance atomisers will be their recommendation.
  • coastal 9 Jul 2012 00:30:29 5,389 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found patches a success - after two fails mind you, plus lots of fruit to keep my hands busy. Good luck Folant.

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• MetalDog 9 Jul 2012 07:21:26 23,881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd say medium, rather than high strength to start with. I smoked more than 20 rollies a day and medium (14mg) has got me by okay and I'm more often than not on low these days (8mg). You need to be careful with nicotine, it is possible to OD. Try not to combine methods.

I don't think what type of vaporiser you use will matter as much as getting one that can be refilled from bottles, rather than buying carts. Myself I use a Riva 901, but I'm under no illusions that it's the best - it's just the one I have lots of spares for and it does the job =)

• Dirtbox 9 Jul 2012 07:44:40 78,897 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I'd have to disagree with high as well. I went from smoking rollies to going to medium. Also avoid tobacco flavoured juice, it all tastes like ballsack.

Also fuck patches, they're a poor substitute for being able to carry on smoking.

Edited by Dirtbox at 07:46:07 09-07-2012

• Folant 9 Jul 2012 21:57:42 1,527 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, not a fan of patches myself. My mum still swears by them(decade smoke free) but I have never got anything out of them myself.

So the 901 is pretty much recommended then? Was looking at flavours too. Would have guessed tobacco and mint, but shit, peanut butter? I love peanut butter!

Was gonna call them up today, see what they had to say but never got a chance. Hopefully on a fag break tomorrow it'll remind me.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• johnson81 9 Jul 2012 22:44:51 389 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been looking at the E-cigs for my parents as a way to stop smoking for a few months but with my parents being old skool, they don't want no hocus pocus. Do they really work? I saw some cheap ones on Hotukdeals a few months ago & thought I'd buy them but heard some horror stories about cigs exploding. Doubtful I know, but with cheap e-cigs, you never know.

I quit smoking, 2 years ago using the Nicquitin tablets and found it easy after smoking for 10 years on 20 a day. It harder to break the habit than the cigs.
  • TheRealBadabing 9 Jul 2012 22:51:50 1,349 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Folant The 901 is a good choice but the 510 is the connection most commonly used for cartomizers, tanks, batteries and pretty much anything else.
  • Dirtbox 10 Jul 2012 00:22:03 78,897 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The 901-T is the best of those, it's a bit long in the tooth, but it's dependable and the atomisers last forever. You can get an adapter to have the atomisers fit a more substantial battery, such as an ego with USB passthrough.

Here's what my battered old warhorse looks like most of the time (it's about actual size, maybe a little larger than in the flesh).

Edited by Dirtbox at 00:44:59 10-07-2012

• overcorpse 10 Jul 2012 01:06:26 301 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Folant I would pretty much avoid 910 and opt for the 510,as has been stated elsewhere nearly every new product that is released uses 510 connections.I would highly recommend the JOYE EGO C tank system as a good starting point for new users as it rectify's the number of problem the T version had.I used one for over 6 months until i upgraded and its a great bit of kit.

From my own personal experience i would also give Liberty-Flights a body swerve along with Totally Wicked.I use Cloud9Vaping simply for the fact that i know i will get my order the next day and are a bit cheaper than Liberty-Flights and a hell of a lot cheaper than Totally Wicked.

Its probably been posted before but this site ECRis a great source of reviews and advice.

I've just upgraded to a Provari and i am waiting for my new DID reparable atomiser to arrive.

Edited by overcorpse at 02:33:32 10-07-2012

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• billyedwards 9 Sep 2012 22:06:16 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    overcorpse wrote:
    @Folant I would pretty much avoid 910 and opt for the 510,as has been stated elsewhere nearly every new product that is released uses 510 connections.I would highly recommend the JOYE EGO C tank system as a good starting point for new users as it rectify's the number of problem the T version had.I used one for over 6 months until i upgraded and its a great bit of kit.

From my own personal experience i would also give Liberty-Flights a body swerve along with Totally Wicked.I use Cloud9Vaping simply for the fact that i know i will get my order the next day and are a bit cheaper than Liberty-Flights and a hell of a lot cheaper than Totally Wicked.

Its probably been posted before but this site ECRis a great source of reviews and advice.

I've just upgraded to a Provari and i am waiting for my new DID reparable atomiser to arrive.
    i agree with overcorpse here, ive tried liberty flights, cloud 9 and totaly wicked, they are all faiirly expensive especially the latter, i used Vapeland who are not only even cheaper but also like to keep chucking free goodies in on my orders whether its a Atty to a another bottle of liquid.

Edited by billyedwards at 22:06:46 09-09-2012
  • Dirtbox 9 Sep 2012 23:04:05 78,897 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shill?

• Page

of 216 First / Last