Vaping adventures Page 47

• Page

of 143 First / Last

• TheRealBadabing 26 Aug 2011 13:26:23 1,318 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'm going through far more juice with a the cartomizer than I ever was using direct drip. I don't know if it's evaporation or just that it's so much easier to vape now. :D
    You should give the Smok Tech Dual Coil cartos a try. Not the huge ones as they might have some wicking issues but the standard size holds a load of juice and is easy to fill. Superb vapour and one will last me well over a week (longer if using a clear menthol) so they work out very cheap too.
  • Accordi0n 26 Aug 2011 13:52:45 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Theres certainly a reduced flavour with a tank, but that isnt a 510 issue. The tank is a 510 connection but its not actually a 510 build. A 510 atty packs loads of flavour with dripping.
    I get pretty good flavour on my LR tanks though, the subtleties are lost but i get plenty of flavour, got some Passion Fruit & Rose in there now and it is wonderful.
    Menthol comes through amazing.

I dont have the Bulli yet… waiting patiently, i think they're pretty much made to order.
    No much idea about the wire, reading around most people are saying 5 coils gives the equivalent of a 510
    This review shows the bulli in all its glory,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYOHYdNqiks
    really a very well made piece of kit
  • SpaceDave3000 26 Aug 2011 13:55:14 78,259 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm pondering making my own. The only think I'm not completely sure about is the ampage. That little tidbit of info might save me the £80 asking price.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 26 August 2011 14:23:55
    If you're looking into that Dirtbox, then you probably benefit from reading the Atomizer modification forum on ecf. Link

There is a sticky at the top called "Making an Atomizer Coil 101" sounds like what you want.
  • Accordi0n 26 Aug 2011 14:28:53 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well its £60 for the tank and £40 for the cart version but if you can make your own go for it
    Theres a few projects on the dedicated forums going on.

Must admit the form factor of the bulli is a big sell to me, it actually looks respectable.
  • Psychotext 26 Aug 2011 15:44:58 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Might one use it when one is at the country estate?
  • SpaceDave3000 26 Aug 2011 15:46:04 78,259 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AnotherIdiot wrote:
    If you're looking into that Dirtbox, then you probably benefit from reading the Atomizer modification forum on ecf. Link

There is a sticky at the top called "Making an Atomizer Coil 101" sounds like what you want.
    Cool stuff!.

I've got dozens of dead atties, it's a shame to just ditch them when i could repurpose one to be reusable.

• Accordi0n 26 Aug 2011 16:10:52 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Might one use it when one is at the country estate?

that would call for this: http://www.mojurepublic.com/products/Dublin-Style-Mahogany.html
  • Psychotext 26 Aug 2011 16:36:55 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha, nice. I want one!

(But only if it can put out a little vapour from the front too)
  • Khanivor 26 Aug 2011 16:41:29 40,850 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After using my girlfriend's ego-t on and off for a while I think I'm gonna get myself one. She needs a new atomizer and the cartridges, (lids are coming loose) so I figure I may as well take the plunge.

I don't know if it's going to make me stop altogether as the act of puffing your way through a cig just isn't replicated.
  • TheRealBadabing 26 Aug 2011 16:47:17 1,318 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't do it Khanivor. You think you will just use it a little bit and then the next thing you know you are sitting on the sofa, blowing vapour rings and not wanting to pause the film for a cig.
  • Khanivor 26 Aug 2011 16:51:38 40,850 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pause film for a cig? Pah, only time I smoke outside my house is if I'm outside my house!

For the first few weeks while the gf's will was strong the upstairs bedroom sure smelt a lot less.
  • Psychotext 26 Aug 2011 18:09:59 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Make sure you get some juices you like before you decide to switch entirely. If you try to do it without having ones you like then you'll be back on the fags in no time.
  • Accordi0n 26 Aug 2011 18:20:33 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    After using my girlfriend's ego-t on and off for a while I think I'm gonna get myself one. She needs a new atomizer and the cartridges, (lids are coming loose) so I figure I may as well take the plunge.

I don't know if it's going to make me stop altogether as the act of puffing your way through a cig just isn't replicated.

For the tank carts you only need to buy these soft caps. the actual tank doesnt need replacing until it becomes loose in the atty…even that can be fixed with a gentle squeeze of pliers.

If the atty still fires its worth cleaning it.
  • Khanivor 26 Aug 2011 18:20:37 40,850 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The one my gf has been using is nice, Kamel. The online shop I've been getting her supplies from gives away juices that are going out of date which, naturally, tend to be the fruit flavours. Not sure which but one of those was surprisingly nice, tasted like a really mild cigar.

As I said, I don't think this will stop me smoking real cigs as I'm more of a smoker who likes to smoke a cigarette then needs their nicotine fix. I've not had a fag all day but when I finish work, go home and start on the beers I'll easily go through half a pack. Having the e-cig will hopefully cut the number I smoke while drinking and that down a little bit. With good fortune, I'll get more and more used to it so real cigs become the exception.
  • Khanivor 26 Aug 2011 18:42:30 40,850 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Accordi0n wrote:
    For the tank carts you only need to buy these soft caps. the actual tank doesnt need replacing until it becomes loose in the atty…even that can be fixed with a gentle squeeze of pliers.

If the atty still fires its worth cleaning it.

Good suggestion; I got myself into one shop myopia and I didn't think of looking elsewhere for a place that sold just the caps.

Fuck this summer heat, man.
  • Psychotext 30 Aug 2011 17:03:37 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is odd... suddenly I feel the need for nicotine. I figured that would be gone within a few days of switching to the liquids without any.

/must not buy patches or gum
  • SpaceDave3000 31 Aug 2011 10:59:04 78,259 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Right, operation 'Balls to Paying Through the Nose for Inexpensive Shit' is in full effect.

My new juice is so thick that it needs watering down before you can use it, makes tons of vapor and it's delicious. And makes my skin so touchably soft.

• Deleted user 19 September 2011 02:28:57
    Accordi0n wrote:
    I dont have the Bulli yet… waiting patiently, i think they're pretty much made to order.

Did you get the bulli yet? I assume you got the A2-T and i'm interested to know what you think of it in comparison to the ego-t.
  • Zomoniac 5 Oct 2011 08:44:30 7,838 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, I'm sick of 901 stuff being shit and failing every 10 minutes. It's costing more than analogues just to keep things working. Has anyone got a high-end model like a Screwdriver or something? Is it worth it? Which fitting? mkI or II?
  • lucasmax 5 Oct 2011 09:03:36 363 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hated the screwdriver, not a great plume compared to 901 and I was always left wondering if it was running out of battery.

Plus it was turning my hand into a claw pushing the button on the end, which keeps coming off coz it was screwed on.

I'm being quite wasteful with my ecigs at the moment, ill buy a 901 starter set and 2x30ml bottles of juice and throw the whole lot in the bin once i'm through with the juice. This set up does last me about 3months though. Im just fed up of fiddling about with the things, I was getting quite a collection of carts/atomizers and batteries going.
  • Zomoniac 5 Oct 2011 09:17:56 7,838 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got another 901 starter set a month or two ago. Both the batteries were fucked on arrival (managed to get one started with a paper clip, that's now died completely), one atomiser was DOA (as have been over half the atomisers I've ever ordered). The kit is just so unreliable. The 901 USB passthrough I got was DOA. I just want some kit where I don't have to replace most of it before I've even opened the envelope. I've ordered a Riva 901 manual battery which IME are much more reliable than the DSE 901 auto things, but that won't arrive till tomorrow at the earliest so I'm on analogues until then. I just want a long-term solution that doesn't keep breaking.
  • MetalDog 5 Oct 2011 09:47:16 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I switched to Riva 901 batteries and I've found them much more reliable. They do still die occasionally, but not with the lemming-like rate of the 901 batteries.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• MetalDog 5 Oct 2011 09:48:37 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Right, operation 'Balls to Paying Through the Nose for Inexpensive Shit' is in full effect.

My new juice is so thick that it needs watering down before you can use it, makes tons of vapor and it's delicious. And makes my skin so touchably soft.

Do you flavour it?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Zomoniac 5 Oct 2011 11:24:38 7,838 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck it. Gave in and ordered a Screwdriver mkII, along with some concentrates and mixing liquid. Never mixed my own before. Should have it all tomorrow. Hopefully totallywicked provide a better service than LF.
  • Psychotext 5 Oct 2011 12:50:57 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not in my experience.

Never had a problem with LF, had loads of problems with TW.
  • Zomoniac 5 Oct 2011 13:28:50 7,838 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bah. Well hopefully they'll be alright at least this time. I got a dead pass-through from LF, emailed, got a reply from a guy (Abe Spain, I think it was) who gave me a returns address. Sent it back, never heard from them. No replacement or refund, sent several emails asking what was happening, never got a response after that first one. Plus the all-in-stock small order I made from LF at about 8am yesterday still hasn't dispatched, which is shit.
  • Psychotext 5 Oct 2011 13:44:38 54,301 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Odd.
  • SpaceDave3000 5 Oct 2011 13:52:40 78,259 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:

Do you flavour it?
    It sort of has a sweet flavour of it's own, but it's a bit subtle. So what I've done is buy a bottle of 24mg flavoured juice and mixed the two, it makes a pretty good liquid and while the nicotine content is about 6mg in total, I was using 8mg beforehand. so adjusted in no time.

130mg of juice for £13~ isn't too bad imo. Until I find a source for buying nicotine I don't have any other options.

An alternative way of flavouring it would be to get some menthol crystals from the chemist, crunch them up and throw them in. I find they have a serious throat hit with or without nicotine.

• BinaryBob101 5 Oct 2011 15:29:03 23,149 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Bah. Well hopefully they'll be alright at least this time. I got a dead pass-through from LF, emailed, got a reply from a guy (Abe Spain, I think it was) who gave me a returns address. Sent it back, never heard from them. No replacement or refund, sent several emails asking what was happening, never got a response after that first one. Plus the all-in-stock small order I made from LF at about 8am yesterday still hasn't dispatched, which is shit.

Yeah, I had some shocking service from LF too, now I just shop around.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Page

of 143 First / Last