Heavy Rain POST-COMPLETION discussion (**SPOILERS**)

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Previous
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 19:28:51 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    OK STOP RIGHT NOW

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME AND WANT TO DISCUSS IT.

If you haven't completed at least one pass through (or heaven forbid even started it) you should hit your back button now. Don't read anything further below as it will spoil the game for you.

OK, don't say I didn't warn you (several times)....

I mean it!!!!!

PSN ID: Djini

• Psychotext 26 Feb 2010 19:30:08 54,222 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We already haz thread.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=175565
  • Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 19:30:21 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How many virgins did the bra-unhooking QTE foil?
  • Psychotext 26 Feb 2010 19:31:32 54,222 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You know, I said at the time that particular QTE should have had you pressing virtually every button on the controller for the amusement factor. :D

Much like the Jayden drug fix QTE where I ended up pressing one of the buttons with my nose. \o/
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 19:32:03 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My first question is, what ending did you guys get on your first run?

I saved the kid, and all 4 heroes are alive... Which unlocked the 2 silver trophies. Was that the 'best' outcome?

I screwed up plenty though. The girl (the wife?) died in the sinking car and I didn't save her, and the guy in the house with all the crosses.... I head-shotted him without a moment's pause for interrogation :/

• Deleted user 26 February 2010 19:32:16
    iBtL
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 19:32:48 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    How many virgins did the bra-unhooking QTE foil?
    \o

• Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 19:33:05 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LOL!
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 19:33:35 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    We already haz thread.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=175565
    Oh

• Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 19:35:28 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My first ending was Naaahhman dead by Mad Jackery, Ethan locked up, Madison saving the kid. Lauren died in the car (I thought the beginning of the 'escape' QTE was the beginning of the 'free her' QTE, in fairness) and yes, I too popped Nathaniel's brainium.

This thread is the post-completion thread though, the other is just the general story thread. So there.
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 19:39:15 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh and did you THINK it was all along? I thought it was the therapist and had im my mind him hypnotising Nathan and getting him to do all the killings.

/is rubbish at this kind of thing.

• Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 20:00:14 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was Scott mostly, but I honestly wavered between him, Ethan and Madison.

What decided me was the typewriter on Scott's desk. That's not even the one he used to type the letters out, that one was in the hidden room, but I didn't know that at the time.
  • Yossarian 26 Feb 2010 21:08:59 8,401 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DURR DETCETIVE IS DUR MURDERMAN???

MAH MIND EEST BLOWN
  • Res 26 Feb 2010 21:12:04 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi, I am only judging the game on the demo and read who the killer was, now I am going to come in here and shit on all of you for liking it. I will also pretend it was incredibly obvious he was the killer all along.
  • Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 21:15:47 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Res wrote:
    Hi, I am only judging the game on the demo and read who the killer was, now I am going to come in here and shit on all of you for liking it. I will also pretend it was incredibly obvious he was the killer all along.

:-D

I come for the bargains thread, I stay for the bon mots.
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 21:44:16 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yossarian wrote:
    DURR DETCETIVE IS DUR MURDERMAN???

MAH MIND EEST BLOWN
    Did you have that prepared in advance along with the other ones?

Like the Police man was the killer, the dad was the killer, lover was the killer.

Can you name ONE person who throughout books, films and TV series was not 'the killer' at some point? If you played the game (as if) you'd know that they done a pretty good job of leading you in all other kinds of directions.

Please tell me you favourite game now so I can waste 10 minutes of my life ripping the shit out of it.

Heavy Rain is not perfect by a long shot (See Portal) but you pretending to be someone pretending to be retarded is a cliché that also, has been done before.

You unoriginal child.

• Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 22:06:35 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's only pretending to be retarded?
  • Yossarian 26 Feb 2010 22:13:56 8,401 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo is so mad right now. It is radiating off him in waves.
  • outerheaven8 26 Feb 2010 22:15:47 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got Ethan to save the son (my girlfriend was screaming at me to save him at this point lol), lived happily ever after with Madison, Norman was a hero and appeared on tv (which is a bit random) and Scott fell into a oversized meat grinder. Lauren drowned in the car and i blew the religious nut's head off in complete panic lol.
  • Carlo 26 Feb 2010 22:15:47 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wittyresponsefail

/buzzer

Try again Yoss

• Carlo 26 Feb 2010 22:16:44 18,061 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    outerheaven8 wrote:
    I got Ethan to save the son (my girlfriend was screaming at me to save him at this point lol), lived happily ever after with Madison, Norman was a hero and appeared on tv (which is a bit random) and Scott fell into a oversized meat grinder. Lauren drowned in the car and i blew the religious nut's head off in complete panic lol.
    That's pretty much exactly what I did.

Plus the FBI agent threw his drugs down the toilet.

• heyyo 26 Feb 2010 22:42:07 14,373 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, Ethan puts the drugs up his arse and then he shits them out on Lauren - they both get aids. The FBI agent goes to the road cafe and gets a call from Ethan asking for help, the FBI agent turns out to be Paul Walker from Fast & Furious and lets Ethan shit in his ears.

Think this post is shit? Try playing the game.
  • Psychotext 26 Feb 2010 22:50:21 54,222 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Random question... how many times does Ethan black out in the game? Twice? (Not including the panic attack sort of thing in the station)
  • Res 26 Feb 2010 23:28:20 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can only remember the two. Only part of the story I found a little odd really (mainly how he ended up with the figures, but having witnessed a friend standing in a bowl of water attempting to drill holes in the ceiling while asleep, I suppose there could be a few explanations for it).
  • Psychotext 26 Feb 2010 23:30:27 54,222 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, don't get me started on the "oddness" of the blackouts. I have a nasty feeling that Cage is going to wallpaper right over a big hole with some DLC.
  • Psychotext 26 Feb 2010 23:36:04 54,222 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also... Ethan + Jayden = John Anderton.

Edit - Shit, now I think about it. So much of Heavy Rain borrows from Minority Report.
  • Res 26 Feb 2010 23:45:53 1,814 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would like to find out more about the drug Jayden is supposed to take. I never bothered with it throughout the whole game, and there appears to be achievements tied to not taking it, but it seems like all it is designed to do is prevent any side effects from his spectacles of awesomeness.

I was also amazed at how well the SixAxis stuff worked in the ARI, at first I was throwing the controller around like an idiot, then I realised I could control everything in it just by flicking my wrist. If the weight of the controller wasn't there it would have just felt like running my finger across the iPhone.
  • Oh-Bollox 26 Feb 2010 23:56:44 5,256 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One of the worst parts for me was feeling good about my reaction time vis a vis shooting Nathaniel.

He'd barely moved and I was watching for it, the last-ditch attempt, and I got him with loads of time to spare. B-BANG, ice cold, score one for the Jaydemeister!

Oh, it wasn't a weapon. FUCK.
  • Yossarian 27 Feb 2010 00:43:00 8,401 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Wittyresponsefail

/buzzer

Try again Yoss
    No one's trying to be witty. All I want to do is laugh at you and you make it easier with every post you make.
  • Zomoniac 27 Feb 2010 01:35:29 7,831 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For me Shelby got ground up, Jayden survived, Madison was in the back of a police car and Ethan was gunned down by the cops after saving Shaun. Lauren swam with the fishes. When I realised what had happened to her (or rather what I had done) I had a feeling no game has ever given me before.

I genuinely didn't see the killer coming at all, a great surprise for me.

I'm not sure how it's possible to get the finish with all four people alive. I couldn't see any obvious way to end the Jayden and Shelby fight without one of them dying.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Previous