Previous
  • Stevey192 25 Feb 2010 12:47:26 381 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Servers are still down :(
  • Jazzy_Geoff 25 Feb 2010 12:49:12 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is this going to ruin the online like I heard it did last year?

All of a sudden you're playing against teams with Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerrard and Torres in them.
  • LFMartins 25 Feb 2010 12:52:10 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No, that will only happen in Ultimate Team mode. The regular online ranked matches will stay the same.
  • dunts 25 Feb 2010 12:52:38 4,217 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's up now.
  • markh 25 Feb 2010 12:54:02 3,598 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    However, it's not going to stop people buying gold pack after gold pack with microsoft points until they have the best team.

Such a frustrating mode, but i'll probably still buy it.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 25 Feb 2010 12:54:17 7,782 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    LFMartins wrote:
    No, that will only happen in Ultimate Team mode. The regular online ranked matches will stay the same.

Cool Bananas. Thanks
  • LFMartins 25 Feb 2010 12:56:11 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    markh wrote:
    However, it's not going to stop people buying gold pack after gold pack with microsoft points until they have the best team.

This year there are a few online tournaments where you can only play if you have a 1 star or 2 star team and other tournaments will have different requirements.
  • markh 25 Feb 2010 12:59:08 3,598 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LFMartins wrote:
    markh wrote:

This year there are a few online tournaments where you can only play if you have a 1 star or 2 star team and other tournaments will have different requirements.

Yeah, that will help a lot, and the fact that it's half the price of last year mean it really is in impulse buying territory.
  • Huntcjna 25 Feb 2010 13:36:33 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I already bought it and downloaded it like the dirty fifa shill I am. Ultimatley (excuse the pun) I had so much fun with last years mode that it was a no brainer for me.

The new interface is classy and everything seems to run a lot smoother than it did last year. Especially like the use of multiple squads so no more binning players or benching players I may not use straight away.

I got two free gold packs for being a returning user from UT09 which was nice and my club has a nice founder tag under it to let people know I played last year which while clearly just an epeen add on is a cool touch.

The packs have two levels now too so you can buy standard packs and rare packs of each type for a few more coins which gives you 3 guarenteed rare players. There are special packs coming in specific weeks depending on tournaments too which are purple.

Didn't have time to play a game but I am going to enter some of the lower level tournaments tonight and see how I will get on.

The most useful addition from my free gold packs was Darren Fletcher unfortunatley. :(
  • Stevey192 25 Feb 2010 13:58:57 381 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    however i do like that if u quit out it will affect your coins for winning in the future. I was forever being disconnected because the other guy was losing!
  • Syrette 25 Feb 2010 14:11:34 44,208 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is this worth getting or is it one of those modes you'll play for about half an hour every other week?

• LFMartins 25 Feb 2010 15:29:54 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would say that itīs worth getting. Itīs a whole different game and online tournaments are cool. Last year it got a bit boring because almost everyone had a team full of players with 99 overall but they made some great changes this year so that doesnīt happen again.
  • Padrastos 25 Feb 2010 16:47:53 6 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just grabbing this now, never actually played it in the last Fifa, so interested to see what it's all about
  • y2rich 25 Feb 2010 20:41:12 1,390 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't stay connected to EA Servers long enough to get a game finished....
  • Skoptsie 25 Feb 2010 21:56:26 419 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After a few matches, chemistry is definitely king again it seems. In my only online attempt so far, my mainly bronze 2-star squad who I managed to shuffle into a 73 chemistry tore a bloke with all golds apart. Coca-Cola cloggers ftw!
  • Stevey192 3 Mar 2010 00:39:44 381 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BumP
  • Stevey192 3 Mar 2010 00:40:25 381 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Btw who would you guys say is a good strike force in the game? I like tevez in the game but who would go well with him and who are some decent CB's?
  • liamthemaster 3 Mar 2010 01:39:08 1,610 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higuain ? i quite like having campbell and knight also very cheap.
  • Anthony_UK 3 Mar 2010 01:50:56 2,547 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't stop playing FIFA since downloading this!

Does anyone know if my squad stays as a 2 star, whether the game will eventually put me against 4 or 5 star teams? I think a maim draw for me at the moment is I'm finding the game alot more enjoyable to play with much weaker sides, rather than the usual Real Madrids etc
  • y2rich 3 Mar 2010 08:08:47 1,390 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jagielka is one of the best cheap CBs in the game. I also got Cannavaro and Barzagli on the cheap as well.
  • Blocky 3 Mar 2010 17:11:56 196 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I logged on at 7 this morning to check on my trade pile (before going to work, not just for the hell of it) and there were some bargains to be had.
  • brandon-flowers 3 Mar 2010 22:15:59 182 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't get this last year but downloaded this year and am really loving it !
    The trading is so adictive
  • DeltaBravoNiner 4 Mar 2010 13:47:45 631 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm loving it. Only down point so far is I haven't seen a way to play an online friendly against a friend from my xbox live list. Can this be done or are we stuck to random online opponents?

Good points - my returning user bonus packs had Suarez of Uruguay, Zabaleta from Man City and Kaka... sweet!
  • y2rich 4 Mar 2010 15:48:30 1,390 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone want Malouda? Name a price if so.
  • cpalmer247 4 Mar 2010 21:46:27 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Having Issues regarding coins on Ultimate Team!!

I'm winning tournaments and online matches and NOT recieving ANY coins at all... What seems to be the problem?! :(
  • brandon-flowers 4 Mar 2010 22:55:11 182 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not had that prob once yet
  • DeltaBravoNiner 5 Mar 2010 08:39:59 631 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cpalmer247 wrote:
    Having Issues regarding coins on Ultimate Team!!

I'm winning tournaments and online matches and NOT recieving ANY coins at all... What seems to be the problem?! :(

you can see a break down of your winnings after each game, I think it's the right / left trigger to move through the menus where you see credits earned at the end of the game. Skills tab and the last one is the multiplier tab (cant recall exactly what it's named)

You may know this already but your coins are divvied up by a multiplier which is calculated from the level your team is at, the level the opposition is at and the difficulty setting you are playing on. If this ends up as x0.00 you'll get nothing. Although I'd expect that to be a bug!

Could of course be something completely different.

p.s. this breakdown also shows the deductions you get for fouls, goals conceded, offsides, cards against etc. So if your'e a hacking Sh!te - you'll lose all your points. Not saying you are - just an if! :)
  • oBenjafato 17 Mar 2010 10:18:34 24 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anybody else find having a good chemistry makes your players s***???

i got ronaldo in my free gold packs so sold him for an absolute bomb and managed to build a sick team with 100 chemistry but when i play online my players are useless.

in a cup final my 88 higuain was outran by silvestre! i had better players than this guy, he only had 50 chemistry but he somehow beat me ( with alot of help from his keeper)
  • y2rich 17 Mar 2010 10:22:09 1,390 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chemistry doesn't count online
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous