Captain America Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 24 Jun 2011 14:57:03 21,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup new trailer is amazing. Can't wait.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Tom_Servo 24 Jun 2011 14:59:07 15,532 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looks ace.
  • Genji 24 Jun 2011 15:00:11 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trailers are supposed to look amazing. That's what they're for. I'd be surprised if the trailer *wasn't* awesome.

Still, I'm looking forward to this. Hope it'll be better than Thor.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 24 Jun 2011 15:11:32 1,875 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Yeah I've seen it in the trailer. That pic is from the trailer. It looks exactly like that. Which is shit. Just look at it. Really though. Just look. Literally looks like they've photo shopped his head on Justin Biebers body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLldXw&feature=player_embedded#at=47

It's not gonna stop me from wacthin the film but it's really jarring for me.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've seen that trailer about half a dozen times, including in 3D at the cinema this week, and I can't see any joins. Half the people I've shown it too just assume it's two different actors.

Anyway, the film looks surprisingly good. Hopeful it'll be a retro action-fest and not just an Avengers prequel like Iron Man 2 sadly was.
  • beastmaster 24 Jun 2011 15:44:01 10,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• richarddavies 24 Jun 2011 15:49:03 2,572 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Im obviously fighting a losing battle but he looks mental to me before he has the super serum. He looks like a human bobblehead. I'll just have to take solice in the fact that he won't be like that for much of the movie.
  • Spanky 24 Jun 2011 15:57:12 14,448 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did they change him from a cripple nerd to just a nerd to appease the mongs?

Plubs

• nickthegun 24 Jun 2011 16:00:50 55,849 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He was always just a weedy little git, not disabled.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• speedofthepuma 24 Jun 2011 16:01:57 13,246 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought he was American?

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• richarddavies 24 Jun 2011 16:03:37 2,572 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Did they change him from a cripple nerd to just a nerd to appease the mongs?

Nah the mongs complained he was too nerdy so they added a bit more spaz to him but that pissed off the spazzes as they felt they weren't being shown enough. And then the window lickers started whingin aswell so in the end they just had to tell em to fuck off and kept him as he was.
  • Spanky 24 Jun 2011 16:09:45 14,448 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    He was always just a weedy little git, not disabled.
    I thought he was lame or on crutches or some shit(polio) in the old ones. Maybe that's Fighting American?! Ach, who knows.

Plubs

• beastmaster 24 Jun 2011 16:19:33 10,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this coming on IMAX? I know it's not been shot that way, but would like to see this on a big screen.

• effinjamie 24 Jun 2011 16:27:16 867 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, is that Stark Senior we see in the trailer then?

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - Misanthropy TT

• Scurrminator Moderator 24 Jun 2011 16:28:38 8,285 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yups

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• effinjamie 26 Jun 2011 10:29:34 867 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really liking the look of this
    2nd Trailer

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - Misanthropy TT

• MoGamer2006 26 Jun 2011 15:32:48 969 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Always been a sucker for WW2 movies, and I'm partial to the ol' superheroes too... this looks right up my street!
  • Plant 26 Jun 2011 21:13:38 234 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Im obviously fighting a losing battle but he looks mental to me before he has the super serum. He looks like a human bobblehead. I'll just have to take solice in the fact that he won't be like that for much of the movie.

My brother in law knows the body double guy who plays steve rogers. Apparently he had to do about four hours a day in the gym and have a really low calorie intake.
    Nice work if you can get it I guess
  • beastmaster 18 Jul 2011 20:58:55 10,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's after the Captain America credits?

Avengers teaser! Very poor quality but fuck me, it looks awesome!

Edit: Pah! Old news :-(

• Deleted user 18 July 2011 21:10:27
    It reminds me of Indiana Jones, i think the director said it was an influence as well.
  • beastmaster 22 Jul 2011 15:49:24 10,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Joblo review - 8/10

• BinaryBob101 22 Jul 2011 16:39:23 21,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    It reminds me of Indiana Jones, i think the director said it was an influence as well.

It's not surprising, as he was the Art Director on Raiders.

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• richarddavies 22 Jul 2011 17:00:23 2,572 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Joblo review - 8/10

Cocks!! The page won't load up for me properly. I can only read the first few lines of theh review. Happy it's got an 8 though. Sounds promising.
  • Deleted user 30 July 2011 17:10:50
    Just back from seeing it. It's alright, maybe 20 minutes too long but still pretty good

7/10.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Jul 2011 17:32:16 21,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saw it last night. Pretty pish I thought. 4/10.

Did a review in rate last film thread but can't be arsed copying it in.

• CosmicFuzz 30 Jul 2011 17:33:44 21,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck it!

Captain America 4/10

Meh. Easily the weakest of the five Marvel films so far. Far too long an intro, I know it's an origin story but fuck me, some action wouldn't hurt.

When he finally dons the uniform (which looks ace actually) we get a quick montage of him doing Manly Things like leaping off an exploding ledge, or driving a motorcycle of an exploding ledge, or punching someone in the face, then throwing them off an exploding ledge.

Story is awful. Once the origin is done with it's downhill from there on that front. Character are wafer-thin, and no emotional scenes hit anywhere near their mark, one is especially awful - far too quick with no build up or after effects.

Evans is pretty decent in the role to be fair, and if all this was meant to do was bring him out to be a leader then they've probably achieved that.

No "set pieces" really apart from the very very end. Faaaaar too many montages of action stuff which is pish. Everything just seems to drag for the first half then rush through to quick for the second.

Ending is cool, and the after the credits is easily miles better than the entire film.

Pretty disappointed tbh.

• Deleted user 30 July 2011 17:38:57
    That's a bit worrying Cosmic, been really looking forward to it :(
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Jul 2011 17:43:40 21,240 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I was pretty gutted if I'm honest. But others seem to like it so you may do!

There are some fun parts don't get me wrong, and the origin is told well if a little overlong (especially after being turned super buff).

It just seemed to be a load of action shots montage-style with no real context. The important action set pieces go too quick and you don't care about any character.

• boo 31 Jul 2011 23:06:25 11,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Saw this today.
    I'll give it 6/10.

Cosmic is right insomuch as the intro is too long, but they have to build him up as 'a good guy who's just a bit weak'. Poorest of the 5 Marvel films? No way is it worse than the Hulk Movies.

It's hamstrung by being set in the 1940's. The other four were bright, brash (particularly the Iron Man duo), and with snappy, zippy dialogue, which made them rattle along at pace.

Sure there were a few gadgets in CA, and Hugo Weaving was chewing up scenery like it was going out of fashion, but it all felt...

Iron Man, Hulk and Thor are all basically Super Heroes, while Captain America is just a hero. And that's what it felt like - a bit underpowered.

It didn't help that they'd chosen to shoot with a kind of khaki/beige colour cast to the whole thing. Yes, it gave it more of a WWII feel, but it also made it feel a bit old and tired.

Chris Evans did a good job, Tommy Lee Jones was just Tommy Lee Jones doing what Tommy Lee Jones does (which is no bad thing), Weaving was great, and bonus points for Howard Stark (Dom Cooper I believe), and whoever was Weaving's sidekick. Although he did bear a worrying resemblance to 'Lofty' from It Ain't 'Alf Hot, Mum!

The girl (Hayley someone or other) was one of the least sexy/charismatic leading ladies I've seen for a long time. Undoubtedly easy on the eye, but just a bit... dull.

It's always a bad sign when you start to fidget and look at your watch in a film, and that's what I did. Still, as has been said, it's an origin film, and it did what it needed to.

The bit after the credits though? God that looked good!
    Where was the Hulk though?

Just Another Lego Blog

• boo 31 Jul 2011 23:09:00 11,604 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hindle wrote:

Nice quip from Weaving when he's retrieving the Tesseract from the Norwegian church.
    "...while the Fuhrer's wasting time digging up trinkets in the desert."

Little nod to Indy there!

Just Another Lego Blog

• Page

of 9 First / Last