Next
  • Progguitarist 30 May 2013 13:55:47 10,401 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Try the sandwich. It's delicious.
  • psychokitten Moderator 30 May 2013 14:23:33 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a very delicious sandwich. So says Mr. Stewart.
  • oldschoolsoviet 30 May 2013 15:35:46 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But my pot is getting cold !

Been playing a huge chunk today, and everything is opening up wonderfully. Some of the sidequests are nicely tailored to fit in, some of them are the other side of bizzare, but delightfully entertaining nonetheless.

Starting to get whiffs of Gregory Horror (time/schedule management) and Steambot Chronicles (budget expansive world) and the charm that's creeping in. Finally forked out for a few cars too, but anyone who hated the handling in GTA IV should give this a whirl !

Now, let's see what the coffee says about tomorrow.....
  • mad_caddy 30 May 2013 15:56:02 3,306 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Everytime i see this thread bumped it reminds me how fucking good this game was. I think I have to go back and play through it all again, no single game has made me laugh with such joy and given me so many WTF moments.

Still officially one of my all time favourite games.
  • mikezilla2 31 May 2013 14:10:56 4 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    did anyone import red seeds ?
  • King_Edward 31 May 2013 14:12:38 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I did.
  • berryl227 31 May 2013 18:13:15 109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What I really like is the world caries on around you. The inhabitants go about their day inspite of you. You can't just turn up at a place and start a story mission or side quest any time of the day e.g skyrim & GTA. Best example is the town meeting all the shops were shut and no one was home I was confused but it was because they had all travelled to the town hall and were waiting for me. The game feels adult and I don't mean in story or violence. Dark souls was the last game I remember where the NPC's would carry on around you regardless to what you were up to.
  • oldschoolsoviet 3 Jun 2013 19:54:32 5,457 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished.

Oh sweet lord, one of the most bizarre games of all time. And I'll absolutely cherish it.

The basic mechanic of living and working through the town is great, the characterisation superb, and although it disappears up it's own twisted arse by the finale, it's in such a ridiculous and funny way to end that there was a permanent smirk over the last few hours.

I'll admit that certain aspects of it are infuriating and sub-standard, and that I called the eventual outcome of the investigation pretty early on, but it didn't stop me from wanting to discover the details and whether my predictions were right.......and there's no greater praise than that.

Perhaps I was subconsciously profiling during all of 'my' fag breaks.... ;)

My name is oldschoolsoviet. Just call me "school". Everybody does.

ED: I've just read the wiki concerning the PS3 extras. Quite a bit different with extra storytelling cutscenes, especially skirting the end credits, which are a revelation indeed.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet at 20:04:44 03-06-2013
  • onestepfromlost 28 Oct 2013 19:00:25 2,039 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Out tomorrow on steam. That's good news, isn't that right zack?
  • danathjo 28 Oct 2013 19:22:15 7,243 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    really need to get back to this!
  • -cerberus- 29 Oct 2013 18:35:14 2,464 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PC version is disappointing. This is a console port and controller support has been removed :confused: There are no additional settings - not that this is a demanding game, but I can imagine people wanting to play on a different resolution, in windowed mode etc.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• -cerberus- 30 Oct 2013 11:11:06 2,464 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    VG247: SWERY apologises for shonky port

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 14:39:06 6,989 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't care about the resolution issue so much - the game is going to look like arse regardless - but it's buggy and broken nonetheless. I've run into the "infinite mouse scrolling" bug, which basically makes it impossible to switch weapons. The game randomly goes to a blank screen when I go to the menu, and I've heard that other people have had crashes.

I don't think I'll be able to play it until this stuff gets patched. Hopefully it won't take too long. And I'd really like gamepad support too, without having to use xpadder.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 14:40:26 31-10-2013
  • Oh-Bollox 8 Nov 2013 14:03:05 5,164 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Official visual companion review.

6.99 on iTunes.
  • RichieTenenbaum 11 Nov 2013 21:55:49 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The PC release of this got me thinking. I think this might be my favourite game of the generation.
  • RichieTenenbaum 18 Nov 2013 18:04:15 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In fact, it got me thinking so much I wrote a thing about it
  • TechnoHippy 18 Nov 2013 21:07:12 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice article.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Rhaegyr 28 Mar 2014 21:36:15 1,441 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished it - wow.

Not been this impressed by a world, story and its characters since The Longest Journey.
  • Adv 28 Mar 2014 21:56:20 1,442 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Yeah, it's a gem of a game. I'm not a fan of the b movie scripting, but when things go bad I found myself strangely hooked and unable to put it down. The story is pretty sad (the twist was clever too) and once it's all over, it felt weird walking around the town after so much had happened. Didn't want it to end I suppose...

Doesn't (and maybe shouldn't) have to be a sequel, but I would like Swery to make another game like this.

Edited by Adv at 21:59:47 28-03-2014
  • Rhaegyr 28 Mar 2014 22:27:24 1,441 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Adv

Agree with pretty much all of that post.

The story was definitely melancholy to say the least!
  • Mayhem64 28 Mar 2014 22:51:50 662 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And someone else who's one of us heh... maybe I need go back and play this again...

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Malek86 28 Mar 2014 23:10:34 377 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I liked what I played, but I thought the actual "game" parts (the ones where you shoot) were the weakest link.

It also didn't help that the PC version has a tendency to corrupt your savedata. First time happened on Chapter 9 (like to many others), so I went ahead with a downloaded save. The second time on chapter 13, and at that point I just gave up.

Edited by Malek86 at 23:11:05 28-03-2014
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Mar 2014 05:29:03 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Way too many frustrating Qte's,killed the game for me. I think the DC on PS3 did sort the issue out, might have to look into that.

The actual world, characters and investigating bits were brilliant and for the most part wonderfully twisted.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Adv 29 Mar 2014 06:01:57 1,442 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Did anyone else find the "horror" sections just annoying?

Think I would of preferred it if they had made them about investigating the area in the real world.
  • FrostPan 18 Apr 2014 18:22:00 127 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Started playing the PS3 version recently, been meaning to play this ever since the 360 release. On early episode 2. I thought people were exaggerating on the frame rate issues, but wow, the frame rate is indeed absolutely atrocious. Just borderline playable. There's also the occasional audio stutters as well. Can't quite believe they got away from releasing this game at this state, and it's disappointing they will never release a patch for it.

I initially quite enjoyed the horror sections at the beginning, but I now absolutely dread on playing them. Quite a bore and a chore. I also don't like the laborious driving sections while hearing that repetitive hip tune, and the awful map with lack of any mark option.

However, I'm absolutely loving the characters, the world and the occasional soundtrack. Really great.

Has anyone completed this game in a short time period? Can't bear to play this at regular sessions due to the horror sections, so I think I will play this game from time to time.
  • madjim 19 Apr 2014 14:30:41 6 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just noticed that the Director's Cut is on offer on PSN. I am sure it wasn't yesterday. Since I never had the chance to play it, at 16,19 Euros, it's a steal I think! Downloading right now.
  • Rhaegyr 19 Apr 2014 14:57:41 1,441 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FrostPan

Make sure you get the Radio to drastically cut down your driving times (allows you to fast travel between locations).
  • Page

of 36 First / Last

Next