Deadly Premonition - omigodawesome! Page 35

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Progguitarist 28 Apr 2013 14:31:36 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's hardly a game that is targeted at the "masses".
  • convercide 28 Apr 2013 14:34:06 5,756 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    You don't know what you're on about.
    I think I know my own opinion. The donkey masses never fail to surprise me.
    Is that a very specific Christian celebration that only happens at Christmas?

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• CosmicFuzz 28 Apr 2013 14:37:13 21,244 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deadly Premonition is an absolutely wonderful game. I loved it to bits. It's batshit mental, completely deranged, and all the better for it.

Can completely see why it's not everyone's cup of tea, but look past the graphics and the crappy gunplay, and fully give in to the insane story, crazy characters and catchy music. It's easily worth 40 in my book, anything less is a steal!

Isn't that right, Zack?

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Oh-Bollox 28 Apr 2013 16:52:52 5,094 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    You only think you know your own opinion? If it is your opinion you're spouting like a retard, at least make sure you're certain of it.
  • Progguitarist 29 Apr 2013 09:51:21 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, has anyone out there tried the sandwich?
  • Progguitarist 29 Apr 2013 09:53:46 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This guy has :D
  • enfilade 29 Apr 2013 16:49:14 167 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    One of my chums was looking around for good deals on this after I was waxing lyrical about it, and he found it for 24.99 online at Argos. That's the cheapest I've seen, should anyone find 30 too hefty. Not sure how good they are for delivery, but definitely worth a punt at that price.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 16:51:49 2,838 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Really enjoyed this. Sucks the dev is having trouble getting another game funded.
  • kinky_mong 29 Apr 2013 16:54:59 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Your overuse of the phrase "donkey masses" is even more hilarious after you outed yourself as a CoD lover in the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread. :D

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Progguitarist 30 Apr 2013 15:05:51 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, I made the sandwich today.

It wasn't that bad actually.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 07:06:33
    Really tempted to buy the ps3 version now. Is it worth it?

Liked the games story and setting. The only part I didn't like was the scripting. Not a fan of the deliberately hammy script...
  • Cappy 1 May 2013 07:44:53 11,705 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is it worth it?

They've released overseas on the PS3 years late and expect you to pay more to get the worst version of Deadly Premonition.

Unless you somehow believe that businesses are deserving of charity, leave this cynical, cash grab well alone.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 08:00:57
    The PS3 version is a cut version though right? Or is it just what was cut from Japan version?
  • Cappy 1 May 2013 08:09:42 11,705 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, not cut. Just plagued with frame rate problems and constant micro freezes/stuttering. Plus problems with the audio.

Check the GameFAQS boards for first hand accounts.

Edited by Cappy at 08:11:51 01-05-2013
  • SomaticSense 1 May 2013 12:46:14 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Your overuse of the phrase "donkey masses" is even more hilarious after you outed yourself as a CoD lover in the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread. :D
    Its making sense now why he's probably the only forumite I disagree with every time he posts an opinion.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, just well... put it this way, if he slates a game I know its probably an instabuy. And vice versa.
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 May 2013 21:21:53 5,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wha.......

What the.......

What is this.......?

/watches aghast

/chuckles

Batshit.

Batshit mental and I like it. So far.
  • King_Edward 1 May 2013 21:36:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Great characters. Awful story, gameplay, graphics and art work, but really, really great characters.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 21:37:18
    Probably one of my favourite games of all time and easily my favourite game of this generation.

It's a bog-standard, technically flawed survival horror and yet it kept me enthralled for the entire thing. Completely original and it had more character in one cutscene than most games have in their entire runtime.

If you've seen Twin Peaks and enjoyed it you'll get it. Otherwise either play the game and watch Twin Peaks or vise versa.

Truly genius stuff.
  • Progguitarist 1 May 2013 21:38:50 10,316 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't see Twin Peaks but I still loved it.

It's a flawed gem.

I see people crowing about Alpha Protocol. No THERE was a shit game.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 21:41:32
    Progguitarist wrote:

Watch Twin Peaks.
  • danathjo 2 May 2013 21:42:09 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    might be about an hour in

BATSHIT CRAZY
  • TechnoHippy 2 May 2013 21:54:54 14,640 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:

Watch Twin Peaks.
    This!

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• danathjo 4 May 2013 23:18:48 6,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe it's the wine and almost empty house talking but this is a lot creepier than I expected.

Something about the Japanese style that I find so much more creepy, I think it's the minimal music and weird groans that this and the only other game to creep my out as much (Siren Blood Curse).

Such a good atmosphere too, even just driving around long empty streets that really draw you into the small town feel. Can't wait until I get a bit further to do some exploring without time constraints.
  • oldschoolsoviet 27 May 2013 23:23:34 5,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got back into this today, but it really is a slow burner. A few hours to complete just one early section, but with brilliantly executed style using the split camera and the early chase. There's not much that rattles me, but blind panic was in full evidence ! Not so keen on the QTEs, but I'll live with them. Grudgingly. Stutters seem to have disappeared by and large, so hopefully it'll hold up from here.

Starting to open up the town and the available options, but I particularly like the window snooping. :D
  • DUFFMAN5 28 May 2013 08:00:53 13,814 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet
    Hi mate
    Re the QTE's have they made them easier, less frequent, I understood they were going to be with the DC version.
    I gave up on the 360 version due to them, yes I HATE them that much.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• imamazed 28 May 2013 09:23:06 5,455 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "I don't want to diiiiiiie"
  • oldschoolsoviet 28 May 2013 10:25:20 5,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

The problem is that there's little warning/hint of them - they just suddenly appear during surprise moments and I'm too busy taking that in to deal with them in time. The continues thankfully start exactly as the QTE section did, so there's no repetition of the past 20mins, and the pattern can be learnt at least.

But still annoying.
  • berryl227 30 May 2013 08:46:46 106 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ok I'm about 8 hours in on episode 2 this game is bat shit mental! There are some really bad things about this game and I mean really bad. Yes the graphics are low rent although that doesn't bother me but the animations are truly horrific and that sadly does grate. Also the shooting mechanic is broken and not very interesting I would have preferred it to not have been in at all and generally I now sneak / run past the enemies.

However the characters are inspired since the town hall meeting I really want to learn more about all of them and try to piece together the investigation. In fact you do actually feel like you are investigating in this game much more so then LA Noire. The story has this nice edge of lunacy to it which I'm enjoying and makes everything feel slightly unsettled.

I don't know about anyone else but whilst I'm playing, this game makes me want to drink copious coffee. isn't that right Zack.
  • Page

of 36 First / Last