The **MOST OFFICIALEST** World of Tanks thread Page 18

• Page

of 18 First / Last

Next
  • Tabasco 27 Dec 2012 12:59:57 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep, SP is probably the best bang for buck gold tank you can get. Only not fun when you come up against people that don't know how to play properly (Which is aprox 92% of the server pop ;))
  • dsmx 27 Dec 2012 16:44:31 7,548 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually I was on an idiot team last night, but thankfully I was also up against an even stupider team who kept shooting at the spaced armor part of the turret and was able to hold up about 4 heavy tanks while the rest of my team circled behind. That was fun.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• overcorpse 5 Feb 2013 03:19:03 261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is there a Eurogamer clan/group going?I recently got back into playing but getting a bit bored playing solo.

Nerf paper,scissors are fine as they are. - Rock.

• dsmx 5 Feb 2013 18:21:31 7,548 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No not as far as I know. I'm dsmx in WoT if you want to add me there but I'm not on that often. Best bet if you want me to come along is to send me a message through steam as I'm logged into that any time my computer in on, I'm dsmx on there as well(the one with the hank scorpio pic).

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Tabasco 6 Feb 2013 21:10:05 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I've kinda stopped playing WoT at the mo. I will get back to it but am having too much fun with Feed the Beast and War Thunder! If you like WW2 planes and didn't get on with World of Warplanes, check War Thunder out, bloody great fun...
  • Tabasco 15 Apr 2013 07:38:15 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well after a nice wee break I've been playing WoT again. Finally got the big gun for the Ferdy and the Jpan2, REALLY fun to play.

Last night I also unlocked the BL10 for the ISU152 and HOLY SHIT. Epic pen and damage and I like to imagine what the enemy players face looks like after being shot by me. I've been hit by the BL10 too many times in the past and it's great to have a bit of payback \o/
  • Bleh 19 Apr 2013 13:34:41 240 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wargaming had some security problems:
    "As a part of usual security practices, we recently became aware that some personal information may have been compromised due to a security incident. We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and can assure you that no financial information was accessed. However, we believe that some password hashes and email addresses were affected by the compromise.

The security of your account is very important to us at Wargaming. As a precaution, we are launching a global campaign to increase the security of your account. Please reset your Wargaming ID account password using the account management page straight away."

They are even handing out 300 gold for changing your password.

Edited by Bleh at 13:34:57 19-04-2013
  • dsmx 19 Apr 2013 19:12:16 7,548 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well recently I've got up to the comet, the t20 and the t29. The t20 and the t29 are rather kick ass the comet though has got to be the strangest tank I've played.

It should be bad in theory it's a slower version of the cromwell with a better turret but it's a tier higher and it doesn't really get a gun that is better than the cromwell. With that all said though I'm getting good battles with it most of the time, 500-900 xp a battle in general and earning about 10k a battle in silver.

However last night I saw a vid of the leopard 1 and dear god I want it so badly, turns at 54 degrees a second top speed is over 60kph, 800bhp 40 tonnes, view range of 410 and a gun that goes through about 268mm of armor at 0.3 accuracy. Some of the worst armor in the game as in tier 3 tanks can get through it but it's basically a tier 10 scout that has a fantastic gun.

• overcorpse 19 Apr 2013 19:46:22 261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I free xp'd past the Comet because i could not get used to it after being spoiled by the Cromwell.If your going after the Centurion MK1 be prepared to weep as that thing is made out of ammorack until you get safe stowage, Centurion 7/1 with the 105mm is pure awesome though so the grind is worth it.Ive unlocked the FV202 but lack of funds and my loathing of arty party's has stopped me buying it.

Grinding up the American auto loader tree at the moment but i'm stuck on the M5 stuart and going nowhere fast due to fail teams and my ineptness.

Edited by overcorpse at 19:51:38 19-04-2013

• dsmx 19 Apr 2013 20:19:46 7,548 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing is though I don't care if it's made of ammo rack because my philosophy with mediums is that if your getting shot at your doing it wrong, I would also point out that I have a panther which I have finished researching and I'm very used to being made of ammo racks. (with the new german medium line coming I'm going to switch to the 30.01 now instead of going for the e50m)

My sympathies on the m5 I've done that grind to the m7 and it's painful, I really wanted to grind to the chaffee but I really couldn't stand being in the m5 any longer.

• Tabasco 20 Apr 2013 14:03:42 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I found the M5 not too bad after I got used to how it plays, rather fun with the derp ;) The M7 was NOT fun for me though, but had to do it as I wanted to go up the US autoloader tree, at the T71 now but it was a nasty grind...(having to grind to the Chaffee originally and then the T21 in the M5, should get a bloody medal for that...)

Finished off the 81k grind in the DB so I can buy the Indien Panzer as soon as 8.5 appears \o/

Totally agree about the Comet dsmx, it is an odd one alright, like you I seem to do rather well in it though...
  • overcorpse 23 Apr 2013 00:59:05 261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm finally in the T71.Yes i paid a bit of gold to get past the T21 quicker as that tank and me is just fail but the T71...wow,i love it.It's a toss up between this and the M4 as my favorite tank now.

• Tabasco 23 Apr 2013 07:59:40 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah well done man :)

I didn't really enjoy the T21 either, despite light tanks being one of my favourite classes.

The T71 is a funny beast, I can either have a total carry game, being in the top 2-3 players, or get one shot. Never anything in between :D
  • overcorpse 23 Apr 2013 10:44:02 261 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hear you but i have had a few frustrating games in it where lately where i'm pinging targets constantly for our 4 or 5 artillery pieces to shoot but they are too busy going after an enemy's light tank :0,this then leads to frustration and a horrible death :).

• Tabasco 24 Apr 2013 09:34:10 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So...EU is getting 8.5 today. \o/

I have done the 81k exp grind in my DB and did a 1.4 million credit grind yesterday so have the 2.4 mill needed for the Indien Panzer right away.

Looking forward to it!
  • Tabasco 24 Apr 2013 16:15:31 5,780 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well...

Had a bit of free exp to use up and did so on the Indien Pz, got everything apart from the best radio. Played 8 games and had a 100% victory ratio in it so far!

Really nice to drive and the gun is pretty epic. No armour to speak of but with the introduction of gold ammo for credits I've learned pretty quickly not to rely on armour anyway. Nice and maneuverable and had pretty damn good gun depression for a Jerry tank.

All in all, VERY happy with it :D
  • bauhaus 10 May 2013 15:57:13 3,511 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This code..

A5ZR8B-7RP8FA

will give a new player 250g, 7 days premium and an extra tank slot.

sign up new account, enter code into the "Have an invite code" part of the form.
  • RobAnybody 4 Jun 2013 10:40:38 881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WoT (and by default WoWP, WoWS) to become "Free to Win":

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php
  • DanB24 4 Jun 2013 12:05:25 1,782 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sadly the increased availability of "Gold ammo" by using in game credits seemingly due to "Free to win" is precisely what ruined WoT somewhat ironically.

I have high hopes for WT Ground forces to defect to.
  • RobAnybody 4 Jun 2013 22:03:46 881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ruined it? Can't say that I agree - I still play for a few hours a day and still love WoT after nearly 18 months of playing it. :)

I've also only bought Gold ammo (with credits) once - the expense made me realise that it's just not worth it, especially if you miss the target!

I also have high hopes for War Thunder's Ground Forces, but what lets War Thunder itself down is the lousy economical system. If they don't revise that for WT and WT GF then that'll really put me off (as it's put me off WT).

Let's hope that Wargaming gets its act together with World of Warplanes - it's improving but, technically speaking, isn't anywhere near as good as War Thunder.
  • DanB24 4 Jun 2013 22:54:31 1,782 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well it can still be fun if you're lucky enough to get a good game and you're driving a tank with no armour :) as any tank that relies on armour not stealth or mobility just doesn't work any longer. :(

And the economy for WT is getting revised again in the next and hopefully imminent update. :)

Edited by DanB24 at 22:55:35 04-06-2013

Edited by DanB24 at 22:55:58 04-06-2013
  • dsmx 5 Jun 2013 01:04:02 7,548 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm still playing however I do tend to think "gold" rounds shouldn't be in the game as they are right now.

Personally I think their should be a carry limit of 10% of your maximum ammo carrying capacity and they should do less damage than normal AP but I would keep the costs fairly close to what they are proposing in the upcoming patch.

ACPR does have a place in WoT as they were carried in limited quantities in WW2, the rounds were rare though and reserved for important targets so they should be treated as such in the game.

• RobAnybody 5 Jun 2013 09:00:26 881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DanB24 wrote:
    Well it can still be fun if you're lucky enough to get a good game and you're driving a tank with no armour :) as any tank that relies on armour not stealth or mobility just doesn't work any longer. :(
    I've been driving an Elite status Hellcat for the past few months, so that's a good point. Just equip everybody with Hellcats. ;) Oh yes, and Sixth Sense - that's pretty useful too. :)

And the economy for WT is getting revised again in the next and hopefully imminent update. :)

Really? I wasn't aware of that - where is it mentioned? Good news indeed.
  • DanB24 5 Jun 2013 10:21:24 1,782 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:
    DanB24 wrote:
    I've been driving an Elite status Hellcat for the past few months, so that's a good point. Just equip everybody with Hellcats. ;) Oh yes, and Sixth Sense - that's pretty useful too. :)

Really? I wasn't aware of that - where is it mentioned? Good news indeed.
    Re Hellcat (awesome vehicle!)That'd explain it then haha :D

The cost of planes and repairs are certainly going down going by snippets people have posted from their test server. :)
  • RobAnybody 11 Jun 2013 19:11:16 881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I see that WoT now has 60 Million registered users:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/19/world-tanks-hits-mark-60-million-registered-users/

Also, it's coming to the Xbox 360 this Summer ........

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/19/wargaming-reveals-world-tanks-xbox-360-edition/

360 users will play on separate servers to PC users and also have different accounts.
  • RobAnybody 4 Oct 2013 18:54:16 881 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some War Thunder - Ground Forces footage now available here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9KxN0j_WqA

and here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBRxYiOyH4

Looks really nice. :D
  • Page

of 18 First / Last

Next