The **MOST OFFICIALEST** World of Tanks thread Page 11

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• thedaveeyres 13 Jul 2012 14:33:31 10,875 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got rid of that French piece of shit, the Somua-S40. Might have a party tonight.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Zaiz 13 Jul 2012 14:51:02 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 95 causes honest to goodness panic in people. It's wonderful, there's just a large chance your team will move so quickly that they'll fight and lose to the enemy before you can get there. That's no fun.
  • Dr_Mech 13 Jul 2012 15:41:42 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Seems weird you would of thought people would instinctively know that the frontal armour is almost always the thickest.
    You would think that but there's only two Tank Destroyers that have really thick frontal armour, so I assume its because up until that point they've fought Tank Destroyers and seen them as easy kills.

And yeah I always panic when I see a T95, I actually keep making a mental note of where I am in relation to that thing if its nearby just so I don't pop out of cover and eat a 900 damage shell to the face.
  • dsmx 13 Jul 2012 15:46:22 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Truth be told if a tank doesn't cause you to panic when it's firing on you it's needs to be buffed.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Dr_Mech 13 Jul 2012 16:00:22 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Or it's several tiers lower than you :p
  • dsmx 13 Jul 2012 18:25:15 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To a point I do agree with you however if they are several tiers below you and you don't fear them then they shouldn't be in that battle, ever. No exceptions, if you don't fear a tank then it shouldn't be in that battle and that's a fault of the shitty matchmaking, new record today for me tiers 4-10 were in my battle.

Edited by dsmx at 18:25:48 13-07-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Dr_Mech 14 Jul 2012 05:33:05 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I regularly see the PZ38NA or PzIV in my tier 8 battles...and that thing is just cannon fodder at that point (the PzIV can still be good though if played well)...one shot from any of the big tanks will kill it, let alone a Tank Destroyer or artillery.

Still we won't be seeing that for much longer
  • dsmx 14 Jul 2012 07:48:34 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know the pz4 can I am one of the people who play it very well, and for the record it's usually 2 shots in a tier 8 battle to kill the pz4 sometimes 3. I will miss those fights though as you can get a lot of xp for them if you somehow manage a great game in it nothing more satisfying then taking down a tier 8 tank in a pz 4.

• Dr_Mech 14 Jul 2012 09:36:19 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ech getting sick to death of being teamed with idiots now...especially because the T28 (and obviously the T95) are team dependant.

Hell numerous times I've been left alone on a flank to die while everyone else fucks off on the other flank...or left completely unsupported.

What is it with heavy tanks being such goddamn cowards?
  • dsmx 14 Jul 2012 15:16:51 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Frightened of getting shot at, thus missing the point of being a heavy tank. Not sure how you'd fix that one without pissing off people though, heavy handed approach would be to nerf the guns ability to penetrate armour over a certain range thus forcing them to actually push forward like they are supposed to but I get the feeling that would be very unpopular.

• Dr_Mech 14 Jul 2012 16:32:13 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok...I can understand them being cowards when faced with a Tank Destroyer...those things are designed to put the fear in you just from the very name.

Also the T28 waxes and wanes from "oh god I just want to get through this to unlock the T95.." to "oh my god there's nothing on this map that can pen me from the front!"

Felt sorry for the enemy team on an El Halluf map I just done, no artillery so perfect for me, only thing on the masp that could pen me from the front was a Ferdi.

Half my team try to rush the middle for some ungodly reason and get shot to hell, meanwhile I slowly make my way over to cover the hill, take out a StuGIII on the way.

First tank around the corner, PzIV, boom ammorack hit.

Tiger II had advanced a little too far out and was facing me side on, He fires a few shots but gets two shells through the side and retreats.

Now all I could picture was the German commander popping open his hatch and waving the French TD through to 'bring up the big gun' since it's the next thing I see roll into view while I'm reloading.

It fires and bounces while I pen, round two we both bounce, round three I finish him off.

An ARL44 tries to rush me eats one shell on the way down, 2nd shell on the way up and blows up.

Finally the Tiger II tries his luck one more time and gets blown up.

I'd singlehandely guarded that hill from four tanks.

While I'm advancing (slowly) towards the enemy base I come face to face with the Ferdi, unfortunately he fires first, takes out the gun and kills me.

But I bought enough time and killed enough of their guys for what was left of my team to rush their base and cap.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:32:53 14-07-2012
  • Zaiz 14 Jul 2012 16:45:17 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The really tough frontal armor is now common to all of the tier X TDs. The T11E3's only advantage is an actually impenetrable front armor, where the rest just need good rolls on 270 pen guns.
  • Dr_Mech 14 Jul 2012 18:07:40 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 155mm has been buffed as well, still 276pen but now does 850 damage on average.

While the new German TD gun can outdo it in damage (1000 damage on average) it basically fires like the KV-2 derp cannon with you getting 3 shots per minute if you're lucky (Brothers in Arms, Vent, Large caliber gun rammer) compared to 4 for the T11E3 with the same setup.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 18:08:44 14-07-2012
  • Zaiz 15 Jul 2012 16:28:36 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah. I'm acquainted to several of the NA server top players. The TX meds are really, really good. There's almost no reason to stop when driving an M48A1.
  • Dr_Mech 15 Jul 2012 20:44:53 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nearly there on the T95...getting closer each day.

Admittedly then I've got to save up the 240k XP and 6.4 million credits ready for 7.5 and the T110E3.
  • Zaiz 16 Jul 2012 16:52:35 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Folded and grabbed a T-54 today. Stock is Fun, as usual. This will just make my pershing grind a tad bit more painful.
  • dsmx 16 Jul 2012 16:57:39 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For those curious about the mathchmaking changes here you go

It would appear light tank drivers are going to get royally fucked over with these changes at tier 5.

Edited by dsmx at 17:00:12 16-07-2012

• Zaiz 16 Jul 2012 17:21:17 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *hack hack cough*

Tier 5 lights are fine. It's tier 4 light tanks that'll have problems.
  • DanB24 16 Jul 2012 17:34:42 1,884 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Probably best to wait and see how it all pans out.
  • Zaiz 16 Jul 2012 18:35:47 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    By tier 4 light tanks, I really mean the Pz38NA. The leopard, for example, is still a fine scout.
  • Dr_Mech 18 Jul 2012 02:59:53 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *bleary eyed* Yay T95 get!

Just like the T28 it's a pretty situational piece of kit but I wuvs it, the alpha damage scares the crap out of tanks that don't know what you are yet...and those that do. can't wait for the T110E3 though...mmm 26kph...
  • Zaiz 18 Jul 2012 15:22:03 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got about 180k XP until the T110E3. : D

Goddammit devs, why do you have to make the tier X TD grind so freaking awful?

edit: For those that don't know, the pretty much required 155 mm AT does not lead into the T110E3.

Edited by Zaiz at 15:22:53 18-07-2012
  • Dr_Mech 18 Jul 2012 16:17:07 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I've seen T95 drivers using the 120mm cannon, sure it fires faster but I would have found it lacking on the T95, it's a barely moveable bunker, it needs the 'shock and awe' of the 155mm to make people worry about facing it head on.

Still learning the T95 is an incredibly situational TD, on some maps (Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Lakeville) its downright amazing, in others its ok (Prokhorva, Steppes, Karelia, Abbey, El Halluf) and in others you may as well not be there due to the complete lack of arty cover or just too much hilly and open terrain (Westfield, Sand River, Malinovka).

God forbid you get onto the attacking side on assault maps, especially Malinovka or Sand River.

Also getting sick to death of Assault and Encounter mode now, they really fecking need to be selectable, there's so many times where I've just wanted a nice standard battle and keep getting assault after encounter after assault.

Actually the change that would make Westfield infinitely more enjoyable is putting the mediums and arty on the hill and starting the heavies/TDs in the valley IMO.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:19:50 18-07-2012
  • Zaiz 18 Jul 2012 16:34:51 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would like Encounter if people weren't so freaking dumb. WG even admitted it, they can't trust their random playerrs to think.

El Halluf is kind of a bad one for the T95 because of the hills. I've found the best way is actually to charge from your spawn to the enemy spawn if there's no artillery. Nothing is going to stop you without exposing themselves to fire from your team.
  • Dr_Mech 18 Jul 2012 16:51:00 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah I normally sit overlooking the hill from the south or north side, the North side is admittedly an easy hit for artillery but it also has quicker access to the hill IRC.

Northside has a nice little ridge in the way of arty fire (usually) and is also a massive choke point, they have to come down that hill and up the other side to get to the base.

The only time I leave my side of the field is if the enemy team is down to only 3-4 tanks/arty/TDs.

I'm still waiting for the glorious day that is Malinovka with no artillery so I can charge across that open field.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 16:51:21 18-07-2012
  • Zaiz 19 Jul 2012 19:55:26 370 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've done Malinovka/no artillery before, and I was the only tier 9 tank. Taking 40 hits and living is a great feeling.
  • Dr_Mech 20 Jul 2012 12:59:05 1,019 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Welp...slowly working my way towards the T110E3, thankfully there's no rush since there's 2 weeks now until 7.5 comes out.

Only another 170k to go...eesh..but saying that made 70k in about 5 days just playing on and off so not too bad.
  • Tabasco 20 Jul 2012 19:05:23 5,780 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's good going Dr.

Going through a weird phase with WoT at the moment. Really look forward to playing it when I'm doing other things but as soon as I start I get really lethargic.

Guess it's down to me not having the money to pay for Prem which I was using on and off for months. Hard to go back to the council version.
  • DanB24 20 Jul 2012 22:38:50 1,884 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the game's really really suffering from the "School holiday factor" at the moment. Seem to be a tremendous amount of fools online.

Although that said the average intelligence of the teams does seem to have been on a downward spiral anyway, especially when (some time ago now) the point was reached that even the very worst player who contributes nothing and loses all their games will have acquired enough xp to unlock high tier tanks.
  • dsmx 20 Jul 2012 23:45:39 7,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a lot of morons online at the moment, still so long as your team is halfway intelligent there's still fun to be had.

Thanks to my patience earlier I got to take out a is7 and a jagdtiger 8.8 with my panther and I spent 10 minutes of that round hiding in a bush not firing and simply spotting them. Since I only had the 88mm on it I couldn't penetrate their front armour so I sat around doing nothing they got bored and went after the rest of my team and I got some nice ass shots on them.

Looking more carefully at the new matchmaking table it doesn't make sense or maybe I'm being to literal or reading it wrong. According to it your never going be in battles where their are tanks at lower tiers than you, that can't be right surely?

• Page

of 18 First / Last