The **MOST OFFICIALEST** World of Tanks thread Page 9

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Zaiz 27 Jun 2012 03:26:27 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I do have a KV-5, which makes 10-30k. So not bad, I just get bored of playing it.

Especially with MWO around the corner.
  • dsmx 27 Jun 2012 09:10:09 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Should mention if you have a good game in the pz4 then you get close to 20k, not bad for a non premium tank.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Zaiz 27 Jun 2012 16:55:28 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was thinking about rebuying my sherman instead honestly. Similar gun, just more agile and with USA soft stats.
  • dsmx 27 Jun 2012 20:34:33 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd go with the pz4 but then I would since i'm one of the top people in the pz4.

The top 7.5 gun is more accurate, higher penetration and does more damage than the shermans top gun, but the pz4 is a sniping tank and is for the most part terrible in close quarters. But you play to it's strengths and it is the best tank destroyer you'll find at tier 5. But only when it's fully researched and it's a hell of a slog getting there.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Zaiz 27 Jun 2012 22:59:00 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And i haven't gone down the Maus tree yet.
  • dsmx 27 Jun 2012 23:46:32 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I'm trying to go down it at the moment but that 3001p makes it very difficult to want to go down that tree.

• Dr_Mech 29 Jun 2012 01:35:44 1,027 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah the 3001P isn't a very good tank, as we've previously discussed, the Tiger P though is a bit of a monster and definitely worth the grind.

Good frontal armour, decent gun with good accuracy and good pen (compared to the Russian guns of the same level which have 175pen the Tiger has 200pen), bit slow and sides and back are fairly weak though.

Been told the VK Ausf A plays a lot like a bigger, upgunned version of the Panzer IV apparently so should be right up your street DSMX.

Right I'm off for five days on holiday so sadly won't be WoTing but then I have an additional 12 days off work after that so will be grinding my ass off to get out of the shitty IS-8 and into the final glorious payoff that is the IS-7.

After that I'll be continuing down the Maus tree and rebuying my Tiger P (sold it for the money to buy the IS-8) and working on that.

I know the Maus isn't considered a great Tier 10 tanks thanks to the new tier 10 guns on other tanks with high pen but...damn it...I just want one.

Got complimented twice today ingame which was nice, first was on my T-34 working in a wolfpack with a Matilda and another T-34, managed to take out a T1HT, PzIII/IV. M3 Lee and all their arty on the Siegfried Line.

Second time was on my IS-8, guy was complaining about the other Tier 9s and half the teas all having apparently low win ratings and efficiency, asked what mine was and he said it was 'pretty good for someone with less thank 4k battles and I had an above average win rating'.

Thankfully didn't manage to dissapoint, taking out 3 tanks, M36 tank Destroyer, Jadtiger and a GwPanther.

Unfortunately we still lost...god knows how but we still lost..

Edit:
    Oh just forgot I got accused of cheating today, yay first time ever!

Look it's not my fault that WG really badly designed the El Halluf encounter map and stuck this hugeass rock in the capture circle which provides complete cover from enemy artillery AND requires your tank to be 'flushed out' by other enemies.

Also not my fault that you all charged in pairs or singularly to try to flush me out when that single AMX could have killed me if he'd rushed me before my bodyguard of two Tiger Ps turned up and effectively shielded me behind them (they used their larger bulk to completely cover me so that I couldn't get hit) instead of trying to go up the hill for some reason.

Seriously I thought their AMX would have got there first, I was the fastest tank on my team I know the AMX is quicker than me.

If I see stupid design choices that can be used like that for a win, I'm going to take it.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 02:26:37 29-06-2012

Edited by Dr_Mech at 02:28:09 29-06-2012
  • Zaiz 29 Jun 2012 03:29:04 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Angle the maus and its armor goes from "invulnerable" to "OMFGWTFDUDE". Even a little angling will do that, its beautiful. : D The maus is a great tank, don't believe the haters(or, well, german tank players. they whine)

One time I capped while an IS-4 chased me around a dead tank in my AMX. It was beautiful. If you have good internet connection, you can juke people amazingly. just back up at the last possible moment in a tank with decent reverse and you can survive longer than you ever should have.

remember, the average WOT player is so dumb they don't know that turning the tank while turning the turret is a -good idea- in close quarters combat.
  • Dr_Mech 4 Jul 2012 12:24:25 1,027 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alrighty back from Holiday.

Wasn't completely tankless however, got to visit the Bovington Tank Mueseum while I was down that way, sadly it was the day after Tankfest but it was good fun, heh they even have little signs on some of the tanks saying "You can play this tank in World of Tanks".

Picked up a DVD called The essential Tiger files which gives a brief but fairly detailed history on the Tiger I tank.

Now the IS-7 grind will begin tomorrow, need to crash out after travelling I think.
  • Zaiz 4 Jul 2012 19:10:44 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh cool. I want to head down to the US's big museum(we've got our prototypes sitting about, including a T95 and a T29).

I'm in the midst of a T110E4 grind, a T-62 grind, a BatChat grind...I don't want to talk about it, I'm about to hit a massive credit wall. I'm focusing on the Bat primarily because it'll be the 'freebie' this time around, and I've always tried to make WoT give me free stuff. >_>
  • dsmx 4 Jul 2012 19:21:49 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've got to get round to going to the bovington tank museum one day, I've seen it shown so many times in the various documentaries over the years and when I went to the imperial war museum in london seeing that cut away hetzer in full camo and the plaster wrap on it to help against bazookas was pretty cool so seeing some even bigger stuff should be even better.

For the record I think they've got the scale off on the hetzer it seemed much bigger IRL than it does in world of tanks.

Edited by dsmx at 19:23:24 04-07-2012

• DanB24 4 Jul 2012 20:43:12 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bovington's a great place to visit indeed, well worth a trip down there.

P.S. dsmx it's a Jagdpanther in the Imperial War Museum in London not a Hetzer. :)

:)

Edited by DanB24 at 20:46:28 04-07-2012

Edited by DanB24 at 20:46:59 04-07-2012
  • dsmx 4 Jul 2012 21:32:16 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well give me a break I went there 10- years ago and was working from the memory of a tank with a slope at the front that was german, at least it explains why it was bigger than I thought.

• DanB24 4 Jul 2012 21:44:09 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wasn't criticising mate :)

They have a Hetzer at Duxford though and that is actually quite small. :)

Edited by DanB24 at 21:49:53 04-07-2012
  • Dr_Mech 4 Jul 2012 21:44:58 1,027 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh last time I visited the Bovington Tsnk Mueseum was 1998 and the place has gotten even bigger since then.

When I last went there it was just 1 and a bit hangers with the World War 1 experience (just the trenches part, not the 'interwar tank development' part that they've added now) and what is now called the Discovery Hall (which houses a decent chunk of the tanks).

Now they've added the Tank Story which is a second hanger detailing the rise of the Tank (before they just use to have them in year constructed order in the discovery hall).

So yeah its now three big aircraft hangers full of tanks instead of just 1 and a bit.
  • Zaiz 7 Jul 2012 03:02:26 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MUST SALVAGE T95'S WINRATE FOR AMERICAN PRIDE GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

;-;

I don't want to talk about it.
  • Dr_Mech 7 Jul 2012 04:53:48 1,027 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    *does the happy dance*

Oh yeah baby...guess who just got their IS-7.

Tried it for one battle and...yes...it is everything I hoped, that front armour is beastly!
  • Zaiz 7 Jul 2012 14:04:51 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Congrats. : D
  • Tabasco 7 Jul 2012 23:15:46 5,780 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLItDV9wjM&feature=g-u-u

Pandy putting out a great vid, as usual. The AMX40 firing line is just brilliant!
  • dsmx 8 Jul 2012 00:31:10 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what's peoples records for tank kills in a legitamate game? Mine is currently 8 in the lee.

• Zaiz 8 Jul 2012 01:07:03 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    9 in the IS, and I wasn't even top tank : D
  • Tabasco 8 Jul 2012 02:09:38 5,780 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    T49 - 10 kills :)
  • Dr_Mech 8 Jul 2012 05:52:19 1,027 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    current record is 8 in the T20 US Tank Destroyer.

Before that it was a joint second 7 in both the IS and the Churchill.

I'm starting to see what they mean about not playing on weekends...the quality in players just seems to drop or is it just me?

Going to be honest here and say I was platooned with a friend and he decided he wanted to play his arty...I really don't have the heart to tell him he's kind of crap at playing them.

One match he kept going, "staying out of sniper mode, there's a KV-1 in that forest somewhere" despite me going, "look at the kill list and the map, there's only 1 KV-1 left and he's all the way over there, he's nowhere near you..." while the rest of the team were screaming for arty help, his response, "sometimes the paranoia is justified."

He's a decent player he just fecking sucks at playing arty...like...really badly.

Edit:
    Alright guys time for a choice and I'm honestly not sure which one to make.

Do I save up and rebuy my Tiger P in order to reinitiate the Maus grind OR do I continue down the Russian medium line, I already have the T-34-85 unlocked but not bought.

Edited by Dr_Mech at 05:54:15 08-07-2012
  • DanB24 8 Jul 2012 08:36:01 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For me it's 7 in the Tetrarch. :)

Depends if you prefer fast mediums or big slow heavys really?
  • dsmx 8 Jul 2012 11:10:48 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I chose the third way, I chose the german sniping mediums and maus line, I'm also putting in appearances with the kv1 which I've nearly elited, t34, which again I've nearly elited, lee which I'm a long way off getting to the shermans. Not forgetting my great credit earner the pz4.

Edited by dsmx at 11:13:22 08-07-2012

• DanB24 8 Jul 2012 11:42:15 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mostly just done Germans myself and when the tree switched about I ended up with E-100 instead of a Maus which was my original target.
    http://worldoftanks.eu/community/accounts/500511664-DanB24/ :)
  • Zaiz 8 Jul 2012 14:46:45 370 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm grinding a Stug, Panther, T20, AMX 13 90 and T95. Planning on buying a T-54 shortly.
  • DanB24 8 Jul 2012 16:00:06 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I've recently gone back to the Panther and am enjoying it after really not getting it the 1st time round. Basically it's a long range TD.
  • dsmx 8 Jul 2012 18:44:04 7,607 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would say don't bother doing the german tank destroyer line, german mediums do the same job but are faster, more agile and have a turret.

• DanB24 9 Jul 2012 00:08:53 2,001 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're probably right.
    I did love my Jagdpanther though, well until they nerfed it's mobility and then introduced all the speedy little French things and the Type 59's and then sadly it became pretty much a sitting duck in most situations. :(
  • Page

of 18 First / Last