Have You Been Mugged?

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 15 February 2010 17:41:17
    And not by those pesky trade in prices at Game. But by a real mugger.

This poor lady was:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5126076_survive-getting-mugged.html

Before I was married and a father I would have probably had a pop. But now I'd just hand it over. I'm too out of shape and fat to run fast or fight as well. And people rely on my monthly salary.

I HATE MUGGERS!!

• FWB 15 Feb 2010 17:44:22 43,807 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's a pretty intense mugging he went through... battering his six year old kid and then trying to kill them cos they saw his face?!
  • Deleted user 15 February 2010 17:46:08
    I think you're becoming confused about the relationships of those people.

My friend was mugged on Seven Sisters Road.

edit - haha you edited it and its still fucked up.
  • FWB 15 Feb 2010 17:47:23 43,807 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Didn't realise the writer was a woman, but the rest stays the same.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2010 17:51:39
    I think its just the lady they tried to kill.

Why do onlookers never take action?

One of my friends friend was asked the time by a gang in Tottenham once. He threw a bottle he was drinking at them, turned around and ran straight into a wall.

Ouch!
  • Demikaze 15 Feb 2010 17:59:33 6,698 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's made me feel ill. 'Just kill the fucking bitch.' Crushed the child's hand? FFS.
  • localnotail 15 Feb 2010 18:01:05 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been mugged 3 times. Once when I was 17, he grabbed hold of me as I passed a bus stop on my way back from word, put his hand over my mouth and told me to keep quiet and hand over my purse. I span round and kicked him in the balls, ran away. Stopped about 25m down the road and he was still on the ground. Ran all the way home.

The other two times it was two on one, two white lads when I was about 23, two Asian girls when I was about 25. Both times, I was so incensed that I got very politely loud and outraged until they ran away from me. Apparently me shouting something along the lines of "How dare you decide that you get to take what is mine, I've got hardly anything, why should you get to have it instead of me? Why don't you go and get a bloody job or something, earn a living like everyone else?" is a good deterrent.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Goban 15 Feb 2010 18:05:49 9,051 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not been robbed, but I've been randomly assaulted by complete strangers 4 times in my life.
  • localnotail 15 Feb 2010 18:09:07 23,093 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Goban wrote:
    I've not been robbed, but I've been randomly assaulted by complete strangers 4 times in my life.

Were you looking at their pints, or did you spill their birds?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Deleted user 15 February 2010 18:10:31
    A female friend of mine was mugged by some of the youths. They were caught by the police after she identified them in a stake out, but walked scott free after their mums gave them an alibi.

There is no court in the land that can convict in face of the Mum Defence.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2010 18:14:09
    Everytime i do a trade at Gamestation. 8 for Tekken 6 I'm such a fucking mug!
  • convercide 15 Feb 2010 18:14:20 5,913 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was mugged when I was 18. Not something I'd like to relive. I don't think it'll happen again though.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Deleted user 15 February 2010 18:15:14
    Another friend of mine got off the train late at night at Deptford.

Some yoots surrounded him and gave him the old argie bargie so he legged it to the police station where he found some rozzers hiding.

Once safely inside they pointed out that his jacket was all cut up where they'd been slashing at him with knives.
  • RabidChild 15 Feb 2010 18:17:37 2,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never been mugged or attacked, possibly because i'm 6'8" (and a complete wuss, so i'd just run away at the first sign of trouble). Reading the linked page has made me feel sick, its harrowing. Why are there such complete cuntwads in this world?
  • kalel 15 Feb 2010 18:19:38 86,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got mugged a few times in my teens, but lessons learnt on those occasions mean that I've managed to avoid a mugging since.

Some kids were eyeing me up for my Bose headphones the other night, and started following me, but I realised what was going on and managed to evade them. Closest I've come since I was a kid.
  • Deleted user 15 February 2010 18:19:51
    RabidChild wrote:
    Never been mugged or attacked, possibly because i'm 6'8" (and a complete wuss, so i'd just run away at the first sign of trouble). Reading the linked page has made me feel sick, its harrowing. Why are there such complete cuntwads in this world?

Because without them we would not have their opposites. Nice people who bring cakes in to work.

You wouldnt want to do without them would you?
  • kalel 15 Feb 2010 18:21:59 86,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh actually I got kinda mugged in Clapham a few years back but it was my fault really. Put myself in a dangerous sitaution and was asking for it.
  • Dougs 15 Feb 2010 18:26:53 66,661 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    Someone tried to mug me once when I was 19. I only had a few quid and a naff mobile phone on me walking home from the train station, about 5 minutes walk from my flat. Guy walks up beside me and asks the time, I tell him, then he demands I hand him money and claimed he had a knife in his pocket. I pushed him into a busy road and just ran to my flat as fast as I could.

I don't think he got hit by a car, unfortunately.

Good job really, you'd be the one with a record now.

I was kind of mugged when I was about 13/14 outside Edgeware station. I was on my way to a games fair (the one at Earls Court in the late 80s) and me and my mate got jumped. They very kindly waited for me to take my wallet out of my bag before making off with it with sod all in. They took my mate's bag, lost a bit of cash but not much. We gave chase with the underground staff but they made the train before we could get there.
  • Rusty_M 15 Feb 2010 18:31:11 4,579 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've had a couple of people try to mug me, but never successfully.

Somehow I never had to resort to violence, which is strange, as I'm one of the least intimidating people you could meet.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• FWB 15 Feb 2010 18:32:36 43,807 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Had about two attempts in my life so far, neither successful (touch wood). Fought the first one off. Got pushed into a corner right outside a shopping centre by three of them. One went for the wallet in my pocket. I resisted. He punched me, I punched him back and he let go. Not one fucker walking by - and there were loads of them - did anything, even though I shouted that I was being mugged.

Second wasn't a major attempt. Two really well dressed guys approached me right in the middle of Oxford St on a Saturday, having seen me go into my bank. I actually didn't have anything cos my boss hadn't paid me, so I was not in a good mood when they approached me. They got the vibe and after a few words fucked off. Still, the gall of them to come at me right in the middle of the busy shopping street.

Even had two 14 year olds threaten three of us - us all in our twenties and one guy being a big Irish lad. Fuck me some of these shits have bollocks. Would've made a mess of them, but they were kids so figured we'd get into big trouble for it. They probably knew that.
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Feb 2010 18:40:13 23,189 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Was mugged a couple of years back, by a early-twenties guy with a knife and some little 13-year old.

After I told the police what had happened, there was an article in the paper a few days later that read, "Man gets mugged by 13-year-old" :-(

If it happened again now I like to think I'd kick the shit out of them. In fact I often think about how I should've handled it and fought them off, but the end of the day what's a shitty phone and a rennet when someone's got a knife to your throat? Definitely not worth losing your life over.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• MrTomFTW Moderator 15 Feb 2010 18:42:33 37,340 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When I was in high school I was followed from the shop by some lads who wanted my polos. When I refused they punched me to the ground, and gave me a good kicking. All over some polos.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• PrivateFloyd 15 Feb 2010 18:43:18 4,103 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a pretty nasty experience when i was 19. Walking to the local shop one night to get some munchies for my housemates. As i was walking underneath an underpass i got jumped by 3 lads.

Last thing i remember is a length of chain slammed across the back of my head (10 stitches), woke up 2 hours later with a dislocated shoulder, broken little finger, horrible cut on the back of my head and several bruised ribs.

They got away with my mobile and 20 cash.

Fuckers.

Goat is hungry.....

• Goban 15 Feb 2010 18:48:28 9,051 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Goban wrote:

Were you looking at their pints, or did you spill their birds?
    Neither, randomly in the street.

I used to dress in a rather flamboyant fashion and people seemed to take offence.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous