Nike+ - New EG challenges Page 3

  • Page

    of 206 First / Last

  • Deleted user 11 February 2010 17:27:07
    Oh I have this (I have the one for the nano and the wrist one) and I am desperate for an excuse to go running again. Count me in.
  • mrpon 11 Feb 2010 17:28:09 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    o_O

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • milknoodle 11 Feb 2010 17:59:55 434 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Oh I have this (I have the one for the nano and the wrist one) and I am desperate for an excuse to go running again. Count me in.
    Do you have a Nike+ account?
    edit:oh right you've joined, cool.
  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 18:19:17 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just back from a little 5k'er.

    /sad that it won't count towards the challenge!!

    :-(
  • SmokingKipper 11 Feb 2010 18:28:08 109 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, I have signed up with you fine fellows.

    As @KingofSpain said, I tried the wrist strap thing, but did not rate it at all. It has no night light, and I found the controls awkard and the screen small. I ended up needing to take an mp3 player out with me anyway. So I ended up using the nike+ app on my iphone 3gs. It really is so much better, as you can create presert running profiles tied to music playlists and other things.

    Anyway, I too am a beginning runner to don't expect to be competitive.

    Also, Want to buy live push notifiaction to my phone when someone posts new running data. "mpron has set a new fastest lap, and completed a 5k run" Would be sure to get me out the door to beat him.
  • mrpon 11 Feb 2010 18:44:13 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 19:19:40 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I liked the idea in the link in the opening post.

    If you were to run past someone else who was also using Nike+ at the time, it would quickly give you their time/pace etc.

    Sounds like fun - or very annoying, I've not decided yet!!

    :-)
  • SmokingKipper 11 Feb 2010 20:07:34 109 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very chuffed I managed to get my pace to an 8min mile tonight. It really is great how you see yourself improving week on week. Shame it will not count towards our challenge though :(
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 20:16:08 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait, is there a Nike+ app for the iphone?

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • milknoodle 11 Feb 2010 20:19:18 434 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought the Touch and iPhone came with the Nike+ software built in.
  • neilch 11 Feb 2010 20:20:14 741 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, should be. iPod Nano, Touch and iPhone are all supported.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 20:20:51 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't find it on the app store :( it's definitely not built into my iphone 3G.

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • mrpon 11 Feb 2010 20:21:06 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah my Touch has a Nike settings page, not sure where the actual "app" is though? Does it just fire up when you calibrate with the dongle thing?

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • mrpon 11 Feb 2010 20:22:39 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I can't find it on the app store :( it's definitely not built into my iphone 3G.

    It's in Settings, scroll to the bottom.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 20:22:50 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, apparantly it's only on the itouch/nano/3GS, not the 3G for some reason :(

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • SmokingKipper 11 Feb 2010 20:23:45 109 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To clarify, I have the iphone 3gs. On this model it appears as an app, much like the calculator and calendar; it cannot be removed. I think that the earlier model phones do not have this feature, as (and I coudl be wrong) they do not have built in GPS functionality.

    Been having a mooch around and found a little info on hacking an iphone 2g to work with nike+, might be handy...

    http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/557201-nike-iphone-screenshots.html
  • mrpon 11 Feb 2010 20:26:27 28,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah you might be right Cosmic, bummer. Good reason for an upgrade?! ;)

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 20:27:17 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SmokingKipper wrote:
    To clarify, I have the iphone 3gs. On this model it appears as an app, much like the calculator and calendar; it cannot be removed. I think that the earlier model phones do not have this feature, as (and I coudl be wrong) they do not have built in GPS functionality.

    It can be removed. It's in the settings, at the bottum.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2010 20:31:22
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Ah, apparantly it's only on the itouch/nano/3GS, not the 3G for some reason :(
    Boo well that sucks. I don't even know where my nano is anymore :(
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2010 20:33:56 43,529 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah yes, because people only own iPods, no other makes of portable media players exist.

    /cringe

  • Deleted user 11 February 2010 20:34:38
    What are you talking about?
  • Syrette 11 Feb 2010 20:35:35 43,529 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wasn't aimed at you, mowgli.

    In fact I'd only read the opening post when I posted that.

  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 20:35:44 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah prett annoying, can't even plug in the White connector thing to link up with the sensor on your shoe or anything.

    Upgrade time isn't until May, bummer! By that time the half marathon will be over!

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • Deleted user 11 February 2010 20:36:15
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Wasn't aimed at you, mowgli.

    In fact I'd only read the opening post when I posted that.
    Ah fair enough.
  • Megapocalypse 11 Feb 2010 20:36:50 5,434 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This sounds great. Unfortunately I only an iPod classic at the moment. I'm due a phone upgrade in a months time and will be getting the iPhone; by which time I'm sure you'll all be bored of this, leaving the party just as I arrive. :(
  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 20:51:22 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    This sounds great. Unfortunately I only an iPod classic at the moment. I'm due a phone upgrade in a months time and will be getting the iPhone; by which time I'm sure you'll all be bored of this, leaving the party just as I arrive. :(

    This challenge is only a month long. Once it's finished I'm sure there'll be another one.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 21:07:56 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah make it every month. I'll see you all in June you lazy bastards!

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 21:11:38 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yeah make it every month. I'll see you all in June you lazy bastards!

    Could you not just buy the Nike sportband? Will keep you going until you sort yourself out. Might be worth it if you can find it cheap.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Feb 2010 21:14:00 24,394 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yeah make it every month. I'll see you all in June you lazy bastards!

    Could you not just buy the Nike sportband? Will keep you going until you sort yourself out. Might be worth it if you can find it cheap.

    Hmm, what's this? Link up with the sensor etc without the need for the ipod?

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • KingOfSpain 11 Feb 2010 21:18:25 5,187 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    KingOfSpain wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yeah make it every month. I'll see you all in June you lazy bastards!

    Could you not just buy the Nike sportband? Will keep you going until you sort yourself out. Might be worth it if you can find it cheap.


    Hmm, what's this? Link up with the sensor etc without the need for the ipod?

    Yeah.

    It's a watch that links up with the sensor, tracking your times and such. You can then connect it to your computer to upload the details.

    I think the options on the iPod/iPhone are better but it might help you.
  • Page

    of 206 First / Last

Log in or register to reply