Nike+ - New EG challenges Page 199

• Page

of 204 First / Last

• Vortex808 13 Jan 2014 10:29:45 6,564 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I decided to wear my ITB strap yesterday to see if that would alleviate my ache-y hip issue. It did- stupid bloody ITB, I thought I had got beyond having hassles with it.

Sigh. Back to all the stretches and the foam roller then. At least it's not at the knee end, so it's a slightly different area for pain than usual.
  • smoothpete 13 Jan 2014 10:56:26 31,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon I just sent you a friend request in case you wonder who I am
  • CosmicFuzz 13 Jan 2014 11:16:12 21,241 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ITB problems are the worst. Couple of years back I was knocked out for a good few weeks, was absolute agony at times. Walking down stairs was the worst! Foam rollers are amazing though, I still use mine after every run for pretty much every leg muscle.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• mrpon 13 Jan 2014 12:06:06 27,645 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    mrpon I just sent you a friend request in case you wonder who I am
    Accepted pete, welcome! You'll be added to the next challenge in Feb.

For any other lurkers/resolutioners interested in joining, you need to setup a free Nike+ account here. Then ping me over a friend request here.

Then have a look here for the supported products you can use to track your runs.

Happy running!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• smoothpete 13 Jan 2014 12:18:05 31,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there a way to view the past challenges so I have an idea of what I'm letting myself in for?
  • mrpon 13 Jan 2014 12:55:32 27,645 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't think there is actually if you weren't part of them. Don't worry, we started off silly, 125 miles. Then went down to 75/50 mile challenges with a wide range of people not starting/starting/finishing.

In other words, everyone is welcome!

Fun fact: mowgli joined once!

• CosmicFuzz 13 Jan 2014 13:00:05 21,241 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't know about anyone else, but the challenges seem to have been sorted for me. My full miles are now showing up which is good! Although I can no longer lie about my runs not being counted....

Welcome smoothpete! Always good to have another runner in the monthly challenges :)

• AccidentProne 13 Jan 2014 13:11:04 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My challenge distance is still out by 16km, which is annoying as it'd be enough to put me in second place.
  • smoothpete 13 Jan 2014 13:43:36 31,017 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can see this thread being the death of me...
  • CosmicFuzz 13 Jan 2014 14:09:08 21,241 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AccidentProne have you emailed nike? I got an email back the next day (last week) saying they'd added my failed upload to my monthly total, but not into the challenges. Got an email this morning from them saying that they'd managed to upload my runs into the challenges. Checked and it's all there. So email them now if you've not already done so!

Although, that would knock me into 3rd place so...probably best to just leave it ;)

• Zomoniac 13 Jan 2014 14:11:37 7,402 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Looking at the leaderboard I'm thinking the optimum strategy for the Thunder Run is for Gurgy to run for 24 hours while the rest of us sleep in a tent.
  • SaucyGeoff 13 Jan 2014 15:10:46 2,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Looking at the leaderboard I'm thinking the optimum strategy for the Thunder Run is for Gurgy to run for 24 hours while the rest of us sleep in a tent.
    We could take it in turns to clap and encourage everytime he passes the start finish line.
  • AccidentProne 13 Jan 2014 16:03:21 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Excellent, I'm on board with this strategy. Actually, SG and Gurgy are pretty much neck and neck at the moment, 12 hours each wouldn't be too bad, would it?

@Cosmic I emailed them and got the run added to my monthly total, but it's still not showing on my challenge board. Oh well, tonight's run should see me in 2nd regardless, assuming nobody else bothers running that is...
  • mrpon 13 Jan 2014 16:05:34 27,645 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It may get added to the leaderboard next time you sync another run AP, apparently.

• AccidentProne 13 Jan 2014 16:10:13 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah righto, will find out later. Might be related to the fact I use a Garmin now instead of the Nike+ app.
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 15 Jan 2014 07:43:00 2,553 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SaucyGeoff wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    We could take it in turns to clap and encourage everytime he passes the start finish line.
    You pair of cheeky buggers.
    I'm only crossing that start/finish line 5 times (I hope).

Surely most of us look pretty equal these days ?
  • SaucyGeoff 15 Jan 2014 08:54:37 2,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think 5 is a good target, that's what I'm hoping for aswell, although I can imagine my legs thinking otherwise by lap 3/4/5.

I've got a last minute place in a local half marathon this weekend, a friend as had to drop out, not really sure why I said yes. So far this year I've been running quickly, but only over short distances, in fact I think I've only run up to 10k twice since October!
  • BravoGolf Moderator 16 Jan 2014 10:05:17 12,734 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice SG, enjoy that! My poor knees are still killing me but the guy I'm meeting on Sat about it is confident it's just tight muscle that needs to be worked out. Can't run all week though!
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Jan 2014 10:25:41 21,241 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bloody hell some tight times for second place this month!!

• AccidentProne 16 Jan 2014 10:34:57 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not helped by the bloody site messing stuff up again. Just noticed my monthly distance is off too, seems like that's the case for a few of us?

It looks like they've added my missed run to the monthly total twice, but still haven't included it in the challenge!
  • AccidentProne 16 Jan 2014 12:45:08 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got my totals updated again, but the challenge is still out. They suggested I try the following to sort it:

- Open the Nike+ Running App
    - Press the Menu button in the top left corner
    - Press the 'Friends' column in the slide out menu
    - Press 'Leaderboard' Button

You will see the spinners run next to each name and normally, this will refresh your challenges.

Didn't work for me unfortunately, but might be worth trying for anyone else that's having problems?
  • mrpon 16 Jan 2014 13:00:58 27,645 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How hard can it be to get a leaderboard right?! I mean we're talking a few columns of data here Nike!

• SaucyGeoff 16 Jan 2014 16:22:20 2,480 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I forgot my watch for the 2nd time this week today. Amazing how much I rely on it. Planned a tough pace, but without feedback I abandoned very early and ticked over a steady pace.

Edit: I shouldn't blame myself for this, it clear nike's fault...

Edited by SaucyGeoff at 16:24:30 16-01-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Jan 2014 18:18:41 21,241 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DAMN YOU NIKE!!!

• ReGuRgIt8oR 18 Jan 2014 11:08:03 2,553 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    God knows what the Nike App is up to. It says I've done 170km this week but I've only done about 85km (if it is including last Sat then I've done 106km).

I've checked my activity and it doesn't seem to be double counting any runs.

On top of that my piece of crap Sportwatch died on me this morning. Screen is dead but it still beeps when I press buttons
    Will fiddle with it but it looks like I'm in need of watch no. 4.

I blame you Findus !

Edited by ReGuRgIt8oR at 11:26:20 18-01-2014
  • Findus 18 Jan 2014 11:28:42 138 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well that item has come off my wish list. Bad luck matey

I blame the council:-)
  • mrpon 19 Jan 2014 00:04:35 27,645 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On that topic, I'm still on the same Foot Sensor from when this thread started!

• ReGuRgIt8oR 19 Jan 2014 13:14:41 2,553 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Findus wrote:
    Well that item has come off my wish list. Bad luck matey
    To be fair to Nike so far they have always replaced my watch without too much hassle. Same with a colleagues and iirc one other EG'r.
    The only pain they've given me is wanting me to pay for a new one and they then reimburse me when they receive faulty one. Just leaves you hoping for no troubles in getting a refund.

I've emailed them and after a nice polite intro advising them of the current fault I've then pointed out (changed real ref no's to XXX) -

"My history with the Nike+ SportWatch GPS isn't a good one.

If you look back through your system and my account you will find that I have been very unfortunate with this watch or the watch has inherent faults. The watch I have today is my 3rd watch.

The watch I have today (No. 3) was supplied by Nike.com as replacement watch.

This replacement was handled under your Incident Number - XXX 6th July 2012 - when I returned watch No.2 as faulty.

Watch No.2 was bought from Nike.com (Order No. XXX) - after I had to return watch No.1 as faulty - returns No. XXX - 14th June 2011

Watch No. 1 was purchased from Nike.com on Order No. XXX on 31st March 2011."

And then played the old loyal customer card (which I am) and asked them to really help me out here.

Nike website states 1yr warranty although I'd imagine/hope I'm covered under the (iirc) standard EU 2 year on electrical items.

If they don't give me a replacement then I'm off to Garmin and I'll bad mouth Nike's watch to all and sundry (with justification).

/sighs/
  • RichieTenenbaum 19 Jan 2014 13:23:41 2,157 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What's the advantage of using a watch over an app?
  • AccidentProne 19 Jan 2014 14:31:05 1,128 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For me it's just easier to keep an eye on my pace with a watch. My phone's either strapped to my arm or in my belt pouch, so not practical on the move. Also, not sure if you can pair your phone up with a heart rate monitor? Not sure the nike app reports cadence either, if you're using the foot sensor?
  • Page

of 204 First / Last