Nike+ - New EG challenges Page 194

• Page

of 206 First / Last

• mrpon 13 Oct 2013 16:11:03 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    New fuelband on Oct 15th plus a potential announcement for the Android version of Nike+

T3
    Fibit are also launching a new thing
    http://gizmodo.com/the-fitbit-force-hands-on-ahh-this-is-more-like-it-1443256632

I actually want the fitbit a little more, as I like the idea of it integrating with scales.

HOWEVER

My gym has equipment which allows me to plug my ipod in and record workouts with nike+, so I currently use and like that eco system. If only it had a weight recording a food recording bit.

Yeah saw that Richie, looks pretty funky. In fact...

...gimme the Knight Rider noise and I'm in!!

Edited by mrpon at 16:12:20 13-10-2013

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• RichieTenenbaum 13 Oct 2013 16:23:22 2,180 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's the flex up there. The force has the time on it. Which is essential, really.

I like the idea of having a wristband like this, and using the Fitbit scales to bring together everything I'm doing in one app.

From using Nike+ at the gym, though, the graphs are much nicer, and the way it integrates with the equipment is great.

Basically I would buy an updated FuelBand if it:

-Had weight tracking on Nike+ using wireless scales
    -Worked in water so I could swim with it (surely the arm movements in front crawl are great for this! I have a swimovate watch and the technology works great. So they should be able to do it)
  • mrpon 13 Oct 2013 16:31:51 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahh! Not well up on my models.

Yeah was looking at swimming/fuelband combo, then realised it wasn't waterproof! /o\

But then was intrigued by this website!

Nothing ventured yet though.

Edited by mrpon at 16:32:20 13-10-2013

• ReGuRgIt8oR 13 Oct 2013 17:02:41 2,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Findus

Well done sir.

My Wirral Half went better than expected with a 1:41. Only downside was that I missed a PB by 5 seconds.

The course took us onto the sandy beach for about 500m so I'll blame that.
  • mbtsales 13 Oct 2013 17:05:05 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    cheap new era hats
    new era snapbacks
    cheap 9fifty snapbacks
    Moncler Outlet
    Moncler Outlet
  • RichieTenenbaum 13 Oct 2013 17:22:08 2,180 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have entered a half marathon. I've not done any training. It's in two weeks. I'm going to die.
  • mrpon 13 Oct 2013 17:26:39 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is actually pretty stupid. Guy I knew did a similar thing, took some energy drinks on the day thinking he'd be alright. He passed out after a few miles and an ambulance had to be called. He lived, but felt pretty foolish.

• RichieTenenbaum 13 Oct 2013 18:10:47 2,180 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hahahah excellent. Well I won't do that.

I run 3x 5km a week on a treadmill, so I don't feel massively unprepared. Aiming for a 2:30 time.

Any tips?
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 13 Oct 2013 18:37:16 2,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yikes.

In my opinion 5km on a treadmill is not much preparation for 21km on the road.

Are you otherwise fit and healthy and used to other excercise (football etc) ?

If not then if suggest deferring your entry if possible.

If you are doing other things then try a 10k on the road this week and if you can do this ok then you may be ok on the day but expect to plod / walk a good chunk of the second half.
  • mrpon 13 Oct 2013 18:41:40 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tips? Time machine?! I'd suggest breaking it up into 4 mini runs (ie: 5k a piece, as that's what you're used to), take breather after each 5k some water etc.. and see how you go.

Don't be tit and try and run 10 miles the night before! Do eat a hearty pasta meal though.

Good luck.

• Benno 13 Oct 2013 18:44:37 9,759 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't defer it. If you run 5km 3 times a week you'll have no problem doing a half in 2:30

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• mrpon 13 Oct 2013 18:49:33 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also depends how many weeks he has been doing the aforementioned 3 x 5k!

• RichieTenenbaum 13 Oct 2013 19:02:48 2,180 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    About 6 months

And I play football fairly regularly.

Might try a 10km run on Wednesday. See how I go. Just need a decent soundtrack
  • AccidentProne 15 Oct 2013 08:05:37 1,152 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else having problems with the Nike+ site properly registering their runs?

I've done around 40km so far this month, but the site is only counting my first 9km run. They're all visible in my activity page, but not counting towards any totals.

Might be that I don't use the Nike+ app anymore and upload from my Garmin? Hope that's not the case though, as I'll miss the challenges :(
  • SaucyGeoff 15 Oct 2013 13:28:02 2,559 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's not just you, I've got the same issue. All my runs are in the activity page, but the summary stats are wrong. Think I'm 30-40k down.
  • mrpon 15 Oct 2013 13:33:25 28,411 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thread title change!

• Zomoniac 16 Oct 2013 09:23:56 7,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    4 days till my first marathon now. I am mildly terrified. Also, I appear to have broken my foot, so it should be extra fun. If any of you are feeling incredibly generous then feel free to sponsor me :)
  • SaucyGeoff 16 Oct 2013 10:31:26 2,559 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I could do without the daily countdown emails that they are sending! The thing thing I learned from my first is that you spend the first 2 - 2.5 hours waiting for the inevitable pain of the final 10 miles.

I hoping for a time in the 3.30-3.40 bracket, so I'll be keeping my eye on the 3.30 pace group.
  • Zomoniac 16 Oct 2013 10:39:44 7,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd really like to post anything with a 3 at the beginning, but being realistic I may have to settle for sub 4:30. I wanted to do a three hour training run on Sunday, got to 1:40 and my foot started reminding me that it had seen better days. By 2:00 it was screaming at me so I stopped. That was running at a locked 4:00 finish time pace. Does anyone know any effective numbing gels or similar that will stop me being able to feel any pain?
  • CosmicFuzz 16 Oct 2013 11:05:32 23,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good luck Zom!! I'd be shitting myself too, but you'll be fine :) So long as you don't shit yourself when you're running... What's up with your foot?!

Also, glad I'm not the only one who's having issues with Nike plus. My 10 miler yesterday is counted in my monthly runs, but it's not showing up at all in the challenge or in my friend's list comparison bit. Grrrrrrr.

I also completely forgot I'm away in Skye for a wedding for 2 days tomorrow, then in Italy for a week from Saturday... think my runs may be seriously dampened this month!

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• AccidentProne 16 Oct 2013 11:14:31 1,152 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good luck with the marathon guys.

I emailed Nike about my runs not registering on the leaderboard and they manually added all my individual runs. That has fixed it on the leaderboard, but not on the challenge. Not too fussed as I'm way down on mileage this month thanks to marathon recovery and a holiday, but I'll be back up to normal sort of distances for November. Hope they manage to sort it out by then, but I don't hold out much hope.
  • Zomoniac 16 Oct 2013 11:16:45 7,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not entirely sure, but for the last couple of weeks I've been unable to bend the toes up on my left foot and can't see the tendon running up from my big toe due to a swelling on my talus/right-most metatarsal. I can only assume it's from overtraining, I haven't played football in over a month or done anything else that could have impacted it. It's very painful to walk where I'm going down heel-first, but when running landing flat it's barely noticeable, at least for the first 90 minutes.
  • Findus 16 Oct 2013 12:52:35 142 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good luck @Zomoniac.

You probably already know but another update of the App went live yesterday, allows you to take pics and share to Twitter/Facebook before you run. Probably for races as you stand on the start line and "Auto Pause" which I'm guessing auto pauses when you stop which sounds like a good idea.

As for issues I've not had any really for a while other than Sunday when I did a basic run for my race and didn't have any audio cues throughout the 10K.

I'm back out this evening for a 3 miler I think. I've one more "signup" to do this Sunday for the "Beat the Reaper 10K" it's a Halloween fun run so not taking it too seriously plus it's another medal and running shirt for the collection :)

Edited by Findus at 12:52:54 16-10-2013
  • MontyBrewster 16 Oct 2013 17:12:45 253 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Zomoniac

Sounds similar to what I had last year, if so it's not properly broken yet or possibly just a micro fracture. I didn't know what it was until one day during a run it went snap (felt like treading on a nail, quite loud too!). I first had the injury about 10 days before it properly broke.

Mine was a simple stress fracture from over-training, 4th metatarsel (next to the little toe) due to heavy forefoot striking. Ended up having to take 2 months off, then another 2 months easing back into it.

Faster running will make it worse due to coming down harder, for a marathon at that pace you might be ok. It's a risk but rest until the day and ensure you've plenty of calcium in the meantime. Do your race, rest up so it heals & figure out what's causing it or it'll come back again.

Mine was pretty much down to being an old bastard at 35 ;) and probably not enough calcium either for the extra training. Trainers with more cushioning at the front sorted me out long term. Good luck!
  • SaucyGeoff 17 Oct 2013 09:54:40 2,559 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    I emailed Nike about my runs not registering on the leaderboard and they manually added all my individual runs. That has fixed it on the leaderboard, but not on the challenge. Not too fussed as I'm way down on mileage this month thanks to marathon recovery and a holiday, but I'll be back up to normal sort of distances for November. Hope they manage to sort it out by then, but I don't hold out much hope.
    I fired them a tweet and they updated mine too, not the challenge though, which is a bit of a shame as I've run 75.1 miles /o\.

Think I'll take the take the rest of the month off after Sunday, but looking for another 10k to enter before the end of the year. Want to take advantage of the marathon training, hope sneak a pb.
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Oct 2013 10:27:43 23,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I emailed them and they've added my last run to my list, but doesn't update the challenges :( WTF are they doing buggering around with challenges all the time?!

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• BravoGolf Moderator 17 Oct 2013 22:17:02 12,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My third marathon in 9 days (Dublin marathon). It's my third, first one was last year (had only trained 6 months then !). It 'so amusing looking back over the Nike+ app how little running I did at the time! Did it in 4:45 though so hoping now to get under 4!
  • Zomoniac 18 Oct 2013 08:59:11 7,785 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I first read that as it being the third marathon in the space of 9 days. It was confusing!
  • BravoGolf Moderator 20 Oct 2013 14:57:08 12,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Funny how a normally short run can be tough sometimes. I did a 16k run today, was pissing rain for most of it, surprisingly that part wasn't that bad. It's possibly the fact that I got out of bed at 12:30 after playing GTA V until nearly 5am :-D I pretty much woke up, stuck on running gear, went outside and saw it was raining so changed running gear and headed off.
  • SaucyGeoff 20 Oct 2013 18:01:19 2,559 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    3.46.13 for me in York today! Possibly the worst executed run I've ever done, but a big PB, so pretty happy!

Loved the event, hopefully I'll get a place for next year.
  • Page

of 206 First / Last