Nike+ - New EG challenges Page 166

• Page

of 206 First / Last

• AccidentProne 2 Jul 2012 13:29:14 1,163 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How's everyone getting on in the absence of the monthly challenges? I've not been out since May, but that's purely down to injury.

Bit fucked off with my GP to be honest, only advice I got was, if it hurts don't run on it. Stuck to cross-trainers, cycling and rowing in the meantime.

Last week, as it wasn't particularly painful, I thought I'd have a quick go on the treadmill, nothing strenuous. Felt fine at the time but proper agony again the next day.

Back to the GP, who referred me to an osteopath this time, why the fuck he didn't think to do that last time is beyond me. Now I'm just waiting on an MRI scan to confirm it's a stress fracture! Osteopath told me to stick to swimming for now... Not sure I'll be out running this month either :(
  • Popzeus 2 Jul 2012 19:11:08 8,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ReGuRgIt8oR Cheers for the feedback Gurgy, even though it's not what I was hoping to hear.

TBH I think mine's always been faulty, every now and then it completely loses all its charge overnight. It did that last night before this problem started.

Ah well, only had it 6 months so still in warranty. Kind of wish I'd gone for a Garmin though instead of this glitchy POS.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• BravoGolf Moderator 2 Jul 2012 20:00:45 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm going to try and run 10k tomorrow but my leg/ankle is getting really sore lately :(
  • AccidentProne 2 Jul 2012 20:31:43 1,163 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't do what I did and try to keep running through the pain. Nearly two months running missed thanks to being an idiot and trying to ignore it. Apparently I could have done my leg some serious damage if I'd not stopped when I did...
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 2 Jul 2012 21:11:26 2,602 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pop, if it's any comfort my replacement watch as been fine ever since.

/ crosses fingers
  • ilmaestro 3 Jul 2012 01:01:27 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    How's everyone getting on in the absence of the monthly challenges?
    Had an awkward week this past one due to work and travel schedule (had done three straight months of 100km+ for the first time, before that), but at the half way mark of the year I'm at about 560km, so happily on my way to the 1000km target.

Will be good when the monthlies come back, though, I haven't really been bothered to push myself in terms of 5km/10km times with the lack of challenges, just been keeping up with my total distance.

• BravoGolf Moderator 3 Jul 2012 18:45:16 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ow. Running in the rain creates very sore nipples :(
  • BravoGolf Moderator 6 Jul 2012 11:53:56 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stupid Nike+ app doesn't match my stats anymore, nor does the site, apparently I did many runs today and have accumulated 2,000 km thus far! Makes using the app and site pointless (broken as it is, the interface of the Nike+ iphone update isn't bad), find myself using Asic's instead.
  • ReGuRgIt8oR 6 Jul 2012 18:34:41 2,602 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:

/ crosses fingers
    And then my watch dies too :( Same issue as you - it isn't detected by my computer. Tried all the obvious and other machines but to no avail. Occasionally it is detected and Nike Connect software opens up and then gives me an error 52.

You jinxed it Pop.

Any progress with sorting yours ? I've just sent Nike a snotty email - although my replacement watch was bought on 16th June 2011 so technically it's probably out of warranty.
  • Zomoniac 9 Jul 2012 10:17:07 7,827 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did my second of three charity runs yesterday, Leeds 10k. Absolute disaster. Trying for sub-45, got 50:42. Spent the first 3k running alongside Howard Webb and Phil Dowd, which was probably a bad idea. Just completely ran out of lung capacity at the halfway point, second half was a real struggle.

Now have four weeks to train for York 10k. Feeling a bit pessimistic now but I shall persevere.
  • ilmaestro 9 Jul 2012 13:15:26 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Spent the first 3k running alongside Howard Webb and Phil Dowd, which was probably a bad idea.
    Probably just being too aware of things like who you were running beside helped to throw you off mentally, too. I know if I'm listening to something like a podcast that is particularly engaging, I end up running "wrong" in some way without realizing it.

• BravoGolf Moderator 10 Jul 2012 15:42:55 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Spent the first 3k running alongside Howard Webb and Phil Dowd, which was probably a bad idea.
    Probably just being too aware of things like who you were running beside helped to throw you off mentally, too. I know if I'm listening to something like a podcast that is particularly engaging, I end up running "wrong" in some way without realizing it.
    That's exactly why I'm not yet listening to anything! I find I still need to make an effort to run 'properly' :) Did 8k today and am now averaging 5.10 a KM which I'm happy with, definitely noticing an improvement in pace with less effort.
  • Popzeus 10 Jul 2012 16:03:06 8,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @BravoGolf Vaseline.

• Popzeus 10 Jul 2012 16:05:01 8,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:
    ReGuRgIt8oR wrote:

/ crosses fingers
    And then my watch dies too :( Same issue as you - it isn't detected by my computer. Tried all the obvious and other machines but to no avail. Occasionally it is detected and Nike Connect software opens up and then gives me an error 52.

You jinxed it Pop.

Any progress with sorting yours ? I've just sent Nike a snotty email - although my replacement watch was bought on 16th June 2011 so technically it's probably out of warranty.
    Nah, you jinxed it by crossing your fingers :)

No joy for me yet, I think my original support message got lost somewhere along the line so I'd better chase them up.

• Popzeus 10 Jul 2012 16:05:22 8,330 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

• geeza2020 10 Jul 2012 16:28:19 1,887 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This sounds like a thread for people who are serious long distance runners rather than for people looking to lose a bit of weight by doing some light exercise. 10k? Fuck off. No offense.
  • SaucyGeoff 10 Jul 2012 16:45:44 2,576 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Did my second of three charity runs yesterday, Leeds 10k. Absolute disaster. Trying for sub-45, got 50:42. Spent the first 3k running alongside Howard Webb and Phil Dowd, which was probably a bad idea. Just completely ran out of lung capacity at the halfway point, second half was a real struggle.

Now have four weeks to train for York 10k. Feeling a bit pessimistic now but I shall persevere.
    Zom, my only ever sub 45 10k was at York 2 years ago! Itís a sign!!

Iím sure you can get close to it. Itís fairly flat (especially the 2nd half) and takes in the city centre, so the crowd the sights take your mind off the running.
  • mrpon 10 Jul 2012 18:54:43 28,901 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    This sounds like a thread for people who are serious long distance runners rather than for people looking to lose a bit of weight by doing some light exercise. 10k? Fuck off. No offense.
    :D the thread started out like that, but than as a we get fitter 10k is the natural progression. The Nike + had a couch to 5k training programme.

Good luck.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• BravoGolf Moderator 10 Jul 2012 23:10:22 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    geeza2020 wrote:
    :D the thread started out like that, but than as a we get fitter 10k is the natural progression. The Nike + had a couch to 5k training programme.

Good luck.
    Agreed! You'll from a couple pages back I started off struggling to do 3k and am now getting 10k easily, reached 16k too but it was too much in hindsight without gradual increases!
  • ilmaestro 11 Jul 2012 03:16:28 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    geeza2020 wrote:
    I'm sure there are plenty of "lose a bit of weight by doing some light exercise" articles inside Hello! magazine that will keep you entertained during your next doughnut break.

• geeza2020 11 Jul 2012 16:29:11 1,887 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I need that sugary energy though after meeting the demands of your sexy big booty mum.
  • ilmaestro 11 Jul 2012 18:12:46 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    "Your Mum" jokes, seriously? That's the best you've got?

• CosmicFuzz 11 Jul 2012 18:16:27 24,296 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be fair ilmaestro, your mum is fucking sexy.

Our month-long focus on indie games starts with my look at the PS4's best game (still): Resogun!

• ilmaestro 11 Jul 2012 21:49:29 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's hard to deny.

• BravoGolf Moderator 22 Jul 2012 21:07:17 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ran 15k on Wednesday \o/ Was pleased myself, although the first third is me considering whether I'll be able to do it and maybe I should take the next left and make the loop shorter! Still, I finished it well enough and wasn't sore the next day. Friday I ran a charity 5k and got 24 minutes, fastest ever for me! Some other fella did it in 15 minutes!!!

Edited by BravoGolf at 09:27:46 23-07-2012
  • ilmaestro 23 Jul 2012 02:10:04 32,423 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Couple of light weeks are catching up to me, two runs this week have felt like real hard going. :-/

• ReGuRgIt8oR 25 Jul 2012 08:06:04 2,602 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pop, any joy over your watch ?

I've finally got some sense out of "Alain" at Nike and have returned mine for Nike to issue a warranty replacement. Should be here soon.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 25 Jul 2012 09:50:17 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can you lot recommend a GPS watch? I'm using my iPhone at the moment with Nike+ app which means I have to carry it with me when I run (no pockets on running shorts). Silly app lost loads of runs that never synced though :(

What do you do for music, if anything? Do you buy an arm strap or something to hold your ipod?
  • AccidentProne 25 Jul 2012 11:07:50 1,163 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I just use an armband with my iPhone. Been using one of these for a while now.

Not sure about watches as I've just stuck with the iPhone app, though most people tend to recommend Garmin Forerunners.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 25 Jul 2012 12:23:53 12,741 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    Yeah, I just use an armband with my iPhone. Been using one of these for a while now.

Not sure about watches as I've just stuck with the iPhone app, though most people tend to recommend Garmin Forerunners.
    Ah cool, that looks quite handy and cheap, thank you
  • Page

of 206 First / Last