Dolphin (Wii/GC Emulator) in 3D Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 13 December 2011 22:00:14
    Skyward was running lovely until I got the bow and arrow, now I need EFB access to aim properly which slows the framerate down quite a bit :(
  • gamingdave 14 Dec 2011 10:21:27 4,118 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Luckily I can still get a solid 30fps with EFB off. How does it actually effect aiming, is it just off by a permanent amount (for which you could compensate) or does it wobble around?

Not played for a while as moved house and not get all the entertainments set up again, but just before I did I tried some comparisons of Dolphin and the Wii, regarding the controller lag.

Whilst its close, there is definitely some lag when playing on Dolphin compared to the Wii. On the Wii I can do a stab movement froward and back really quickly, and before my hand has reached the front of the motion the action is acted on screen. On Dolphin, the stab doesn't occur until I pulling back. On side swipes the Wii reacts 1/4 of the way through, on Dolphin is seems to happen much latter in the arc, probably 3/4. It doesn't fail to react, though standing still and doing a lot of circular motions repeatedly can cause it to start jumping a bit sooner on Dolphin than it does on the Wii.

Real dilemma whether to continue to play through on Dolphin knowing there is some lag and some harder fights may become frustrating, or sacrifice the gorgeous graphics for a more accurate input. Currently swaying towards reverting back to the Wii, and only playing on the TV instead of the projector. Would be great if saves could be exported properly from Dolphin so I could switch over if I needed too then revert back.
  • Deleted user 14 December 2011 10:40:40
    Yeah, I'm sticking with playing on the Wii, looks great on my setup but obviously looks much nice via Dolphin.

It's just far too hacky for an emulator and It'll be a very long time until we have machines that will emulate the system accurately. That said, it's very good with Gamecube games.
  • Fatbobbybob 3 Jan 2012 23:59:18 4 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gamingdave did you make a decision on this. I only just heard about it and setup Dolphin which was incredibly easy. I'm amazed at how good it looks up-rezed. The game had a beautiful art style and looked OK on Wii but this looks sumptuous. I've only done the bit before the first dungeon on both systems but I thought the sword fighting was similar on both. I'd really love to stick with Dolphin but I can't help but feel a little lag in the controls.
  • Roger-Carvalho 24 Jul 2012 06:40:58 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    !Dolphin+LLE+Nand(Wii-Menu)!

http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/consoles/200901-dolphin-emulador-de-wii-e-game-208.html
  • jimnastics 30 Jul 2012 09:34:47 179 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm having big problems trying to play through Wind Waker at the moment. I'm getting the black-screen-of death issue, which apparently can be fixed by using LLE instead of HLE. Problems is, LLE absolutely kills my fps :( I'm using the stable Dolphon 3.0 release. My specs:

Q6700
    8800GTS :(
    8GB RAM

Anything I can try?
  • Pinky_Floyd 6 Dec 2012 23:36:29 6,419 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was a bit bored last eve so decided to give this a try. Especially as the BC in the wii u is a crushing disappointment.

I couldnt be arsed ripping so a wee search and download later, super mario galaxy 2 is up and running and quite simply looks fantastic at 1080p and 60 frames per sec.

So I hunted out my wii remote but could only find a third party job. couldn't get it to work with dolphin so borrowed my sis in laws official one. Worked! Except the wireless sensor I have doesn't like me being so close. 2 candles was much better :)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless sensor bar thay works when you are close to it?

Going to try xenoblade next.

Nintendo have dropped the ball spectacularly with failing to implement improved res to the wii games via wii u.

Dolphin is such an easy emulator to use. Am going to have a lot of fun methinks :)
  • Cosmopolitan 6 Jan 2013 22:22:25 1,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought this would run well on my new laptop (Intel i5, 4GB RAM, nVidia Geforce 2GB), but am rather disappointed. Both games I tried have serious stuttering (Both sound and video) and are not playable, they are Resident Evil Zero and Metroid Prime. Any ideas what might be wrong or suggestions for settings? Those fancy menus in Dolphin do not help with their tech speak.

The Master of Unlocking.

• johnson81 7 Jan 2013 01:07:58 368 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not used Dolphin in a while but I think it's similar to PCSX2, wherein it only uses 2 CPU's. So although you probably have 4 or 8 CPU's, it only uses 2 and the speed of the CPU is a major factor.

I have an 2600k I7, which didn't run all games full speed so the only way to play them was to break out the Wii.
  • Cosmopolitan 14 Jan 2013 12:17:36 1,890 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dolphin now runs fine after reinstalling it. Probably had a wrong version before. Awesome stuff.

The Master of Unlocking.

• FogHeart 16 Jan 2013 12:40:19 910 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A couple of quick Dolphin-related question. I've been using it purely for emulating my Gamecube games on PC, but now given that the emulator on the Wii U isn't that good I want to try using Dolphin as a Wii emu.

I have a Belkin F8T012 USB bluetooth adapter, but it doesn't work very well, I connect but the Wiimote never stops flashing. Investigations show this adapter has always had problems. Is anyone using a USB bluetooth adapter which definitely works under Win7, I'd order that.

Also I'd like to look into pulling the data off my Wii discs rather than visit some scuzzy websites for disk images of the games I already own! Is anyone doing this, what drive do you have.

Your answers are appreciated.
  • RedSparrows 31 Jan 2013 15:44:34 20,739 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm getting all my old GC games back. They're in an attic somewhere, with no GC to play them.

Now I can! woo!
  • Dirtbox 31 Jan 2013 15:47:51 76,314 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Erm, nope.

A PC DVD drive can't read a GC disk.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Armoured_Bear 31 Jan 2013 15:55:58 8,744 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I'm getting all my old GC games back. They're in an attic somewhere, with no GC to play them.

Now I can! woo!
    If you own them you could download them...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• jellyhead 31 Jan 2013 15:57:05 24,350 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, you have to network the disk data across to the PC and build the image there from what i remember.

For Wii disks you need to get a certain model of LG DVD that is tricky to get hold of nowadays.

I'll probably just homebrew my Wii and then use the app to rip my disks.
    Maybe this weekend, hmmmm.

Edited by jellyhead at 15:57:55 31-01-2013

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Dirtbox 31 Jan 2013 15:57:21 76,314 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Emuparadise beckons.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• RedSparrows 31 Jan 2013 16:45:08 20,739 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I am downloading them. Just not as a pirate! Woo!
  • richardiox 5 Feb 2013 18:44:21 5,413 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Amazed how well SMG2 maps to a 360 pad with the Wiimote cursor on the right stick. Looks glorious too, 60fps 75% of the time but dips into the low 50s which makes me rue getting an i3 rather than an i5. Task manager shows both CPU cores are maxed to fuck.

Going to try Monster Hunter or Xenoblade next - trying to avoid using a Wiimote.
  • Trowel 5 Feb 2013 18:49:29 16,837 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Xenoblade is a tough one to get running reliably - I've had many crashes (but at least you can save any time). The Dolphin forum has some pretty good settings guides, e.g. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii-xenoblade-chronicles?page=7

And works a charm on the 360 pad :)
  • richardiox 5 Feb 2013 19:07:04 5,413 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe Monster Hunter then, seems to have better compatability.
  • FogHeart 4 Mar 2013 13:07:50 910 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So, since I posted five people discuss the emulator but no one wants to divulge which bluetooth adapter they have? Why not?
  • Deleted user 4 March 2013 13:11:18
    I used some generic 1 ebay thing. Using a 360 pad now after I punted the Wii.
  • magicpanda 4 Mar 2013 13:11:35 13,006 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My Bluetooth Adaptor is built into the motherboard however I'm going through tealight candles like a motherfucker.
  • bad09 4 Jul 2013 20:57:12 5,499 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mrs bad09 has had a new wii a while and I fancied some Mario so finally got round to trying the Wii side of Dolphin out today (late I know!). Bloody brilliant and looks lovely, shocked the mrs when she saw me playing NSMB with a 360 pad :)

Will be looking at Wiimote use eventually, any recommendations on a sensor bar, as I understand any one will work but wondered what the EG experts think.
  • waggy79 4 Jul 2013 21:49:15 782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bad09

I use http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003N2NJWS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only for skyward sword but never had a problem.

Edited by waggy79 at 21:50:39 04-07-2013
  • bad09 4 Jul 2013 21:51:39 5,499 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @waggy79

Thanks for the link much appreciated. Great price!
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next