Dolphin (Wii/GC Emulator) in 3D Page 5

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Deleted user 26 January 2011 11:35:04
    Or has a shit PC?
  • Deleted user 27 January 2011 13:31:32
    Just fired up Twilight Princess (GC) in r6929 on my office machine (3.0Ghz C2D) and it runs full speed 0_o

Can any of you test the latest builds to see if there's any improvement?
  • Deleted user 27 January 2011 20:27:03
    Right, tested this on the Hack at home, everything is much faster, no idea what's changed so much.
  • Deleted user 7 April 2011 12:19:20
    Anyone managed to get Mazza Kart Wii running at a decent speed?
  • Deleted user 8 July 2011 16:02:24
    Dolphin 3.0 has been released.

Don't suppose anyone has the Wii Nand and LLE dump to hand do they?
  • Deleted user 8 July 2011 17:17:51
    No idea.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2011 20:42:18
    Have you played with the settings or just going from stock? There won't be a machine on earth capable of emulating a GC/Wii properly for probably a decade without hacks.

We've only recently got proper timing for SNES emulation for example.

EDIT: My Wind Waker is pretty much spot on.
  • bad09 28 Jul 2011 23:31:56 5,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oooh. Downloaded this this today as I fancy some of my RE: Remake but the TV is always taken!

Had to get a rom for it to work but man it looks pretty sweet! Got RE:0 as well but not tried it yet.

I couldn't find one but is there any way at to convert you own disc rather than download 'em. If I already own the games so it's no big deal but if I could do it myself with my own it copy would be better, we got a few here I could do.

• Deleted user 28 July 2011 23:50:46
    You can with a wii
  • bad09 29 Jul 2011 08:34:44 5,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    You can with a wii

OK. Sounds interesting, was really impressed at the way my crap specs handled the RE games last night, I'm well happy the cube is freed from the telly I rarely get for shite girlie TV :)

Not ideal but might look at nabbing a cheap wii, I'd would much prefer doing my on ISOs off my own discs and when I build a new PC I can run Wii games to (doubt my current humble machine now would run 'em). Need an excuse to get DKCR anyway.
  • mrpon 22 Sep 2011 11:31:36 28,694 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Play Wii games on an Android tablet with a 360 controller!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• gamingdave 23 Nov 2011 17:48:49 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started Zelda last night and playing on a projector at 106 inches it just looked really bad. Not played on the Wii for a long time, and coming over from Battlefield 3 running on the PC at 1080p with high settings certainly didn't help! I know its only component and at 480p, but I was surprised how poor it looked. I am going to fiddle with the scaling options on the amp and projector tonight to see if that helps, but then I remembered reading up on Dolphin a while ago and seeing HD screenshots.

Tried this on my work laptop today and was surprised at how well it runs. Even on a laptop (mobile i5) it runs at a choppy 15-20fps so I am hoping my gaming PC (i5 overclocked to 4GHz) will do better. Visually though its a world apart. Upping the internal resolution makes the game super smooth and yet with amazing detail.

I want to play it on the correct hardware, but at the moment it just looks awful. Its as if there are horrendous scan lines everywhere and so much blurring you cant make anything out clearly that's more than a few meters in front of you.

Some pretty incredible screenshots of it here: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=19897

Edited by gamingdave at 17:49:31 23-11-2011
  • SG 23 Nov 2011 17:57:41 1,892 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deleted User wrote:
    Shame the plugin isn't out for n64 emulators, I'd love to try Sin & Punishment or F-Zero in 3D.
    I have seen the N64 version of Starfox 64/Lylat Wars on an emulator in 3D on Youtube (that's if no-one's mentioned it already).

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• Deleted user 23 November 2011 18:07:12
    @gamingdave

106 inches!!
    There was no chance that it would look good on something that big.
    On a 37 inch screen and with some screen adjustments it looks great
  • gamingdave 23 Nov 2011 18:22:31 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From looking at the emu, its the hardware (Wii) that's the limitation, not the display.

The problem is not that its pixelated, I would expect that. In fact, pixelated but crisp would be a big preference. Its just, well, unpleasant. Ill take a picture tonight to show what I meen, and try and get Dolphin running it too for a comparison.

I could play on the 32" TV, but then its not quite the same!

Found another video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pArPerSxk Its the first 15 minutes so spoiler if you haven't started the game.
  • Deleted user 23 November 2011 18:32:29
    Watched it and honestly, you're probably not going to believe me, but it isn't that big a jump from what I'm playing with the normal set-up.

The main difference I can see is that it is cleaner and and has less jaggies.
    But the amount of jaggies I see is also dependent on how far away I am from the TV.

However, if you want to play on a humungous screen, then I completely understand you would want to dolphin it.

Edit: Also, it makes a big difference what TV you use. I'm playing it on an a relatively old Panasonic Plasma that handles SD very well. With component lead set to 480i.

Edited by Porco at 18:36:37 23-11-2011
  • gamingdave 23 Nov 2011 18:40:12 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Of course I do believe you, they're your eyes not mine. The combination of screen size and relative position has a massive difference too.

But watching that video fullscreen and switching between 1080p and 480p partly highlights what I am seeing. I know YouTube is compressing the video, but I actually think the 480p playback of that footage is better than what I am seeing in my setup, and the 1080p is just miles ahead.

Ill see how low a res I can get my PC and see the projectors upscale, but I don't remember other Wii games looking this bad before.

I'm getting a bit off topic now, but if I can get Dolphin working well ill let you know.
  • gamingdave 23 Nov 2011 18:40:19 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 23 November 2011 18:40:49
    Porco wrote:
    @gamingdave

106 inches!!
    There was no chance that it would look good on something that big.
    On a 37 inch screen and with some screen adjustments it looks great
    Looks great on my 140" screen
  • gamingdave 23 Nov 2011 18:54:12 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @CrispyXUK - is that on the wii or dolphin?
  • gamingdave 24 Nov 2011 11:18:48 4,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dolphin I love you. Runs at solid 30fps with detail ramped all the way up. I have one tiny graphical glitch when viewing the map, but other than that its perfect.

Made a little video last night to compare the Wii and Dolphin, just of the menu so no spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jCBU7JKFmk&feature=youtu.be
  • Page

of 6 First / Last