Superman: The Man of Steel Page 29

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• beastmaster 23 Jul 2012 14:28:15 11,150 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now, THAT looks fucking fantastic!

I like the whole beard and fisherman thing. It's something a bit different.

But if that scene when he walks out as Superman in the trailer is the first Superman reveal then I think I'll just fucking loose it.

Looking much, much better than I ever hoped it would be.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mrpon 23 Jul 2012 14:31:48 28,420 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GET YOUR TICKETS QUICKLY PEOPLE!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• captainrentboy 23 Jul 2012 15:50:58 943 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    But if that scene when he walks out as Superman in the trailer is the first Superman reveal then I think I'll just fucking loose it.
    Looking much, much better than I ever hoped it would be.
    That's a good observation! The way it's shot (Looks like it's straight from a comic panel) makes me think that it'll be the scene where he first leaves the FOS in his full Superman gear. The subsequent cape bellowing in the wind and take off shots all seem to be from the same scene too.
    *Must calm down, it's almost a friggin year off yet*
  • The-Bodybuilder 23 Jul 2012 18:44:09 14,054 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want the comic con trailer.
  • bigdan1035 23 Jul 2012 20:17:35 38 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBPTeDSiTM
  • Deleted user 23 July 2012 21:05:41
    They really should have released that one properly instead of the teaser which, at the showing I went to, was met with apparent indifference and confusion. I heard several mutterings from people not having a clue what it was.
  • Flightrisker 23 Jul 2012 21:12:51 18,096 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had the opposite. An idiot behind me shouting out I KNEW IT!!! when they who'd the Superman flying shot like they had just solved a rubix cube with their nuts.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 23 Jul 2012 21:13:01 1,514 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Man I love American audiences. Their excitement gave me goosebumps lol. That trailer is outstanding and I hate superman. Count me in.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• oceanmotion 23 Jul 2012 21:30:56 15,647 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Could he go out of focus a few more times, would have been so much better!

Explains the lack of pants.

Yes, it's fake.
  • Deckard1 23 Jul 2012 21:40:34 27,075 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm starting to get pretty hyped for this. And I hate superman.
  • morriss 23 Jul 2012 23:12:21 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXZq1yCR1k&feature=youtu.be
    Nice trailer for next year's 'Monkeys On Steroids' flick there...
    Why in the flying fudge didn't WB use that as their teaser trailer? I think the general internet reaction would have been infinitely more positive, rather than all the ' Supes Does Deadliest Catch' buzz it's currently getting.
    As I said before, I didn't mind the released official teaser, but the stuff in the Comic Con one, even in shitty blurry vision, was clearly in a different league.
    Won't play on iPhone. :(
  • Deleted user 23 July 2012 23:16:13
    It's gone now. It's the wobbly and blurry cam version that was up the other day.
  • morriss 23 Jul 2012 23:17:35 70,911 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bigdan1035 wrote:
    That looks brilliant.
  • spamdangled 23 Jul 2012 23:25:52 27,269 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trailer looks very "Nolan". Which is understandable, and not a bad thing, given the success of the Batman trilogy.

I'm interested. I just wish it wasn't bloody General Zod as the villain.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 23 July 2012 23:56:35
    Zod as a villain at Superman's beginning (arf) does make a lot of sense, though - he's struggling for identity, he's not human, he's isolated from mankind in a profound way. Then, bam, another Kryptonian appears, wow, perhaps Supes now feels like he's not alone, like he has a kindred spirit and something to identify with, only look here he's a fucking evil bastard. Supes finds himself stuck in the fable of the bat (double arf).
  • The-Bodybuilder 24 Jul 2012 00:00:43 14,054 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bigdan1035 wrote:
    Much better. :-)
  • spamdangled 24 Jul 2012 00:02:49 27,269 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Zod as a villain at Superman's beginning (arf) does make a lot of sense, though - he's struggling for identity, he's not human, he's isolated from mankind in a profound way. Then, bam, another Kryptonian appears, wow, perhaps Supes now feels like he's not alone, like he has a kindred spirit and something to identify with, only look here he's a fucking evil bastard. Supes finds himself stuck in the fable of the bat (double arf).
    I can see how it makes sense. I just hope we don't end up with something that is essentially a remake of Superman II.

Oh well. Maybe we'll get Darkseid or Brainiac in the sequel.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• The-Bodybuilder 24 Jul 2012 00:07:21 14,054 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    another kryptonian gives him a worthy (and classic) villain.
    beats getting beat up by a bunch of mercs on a kryptonite island.
  • Deleted user 24 July 2012 00:09:28
    Even if we do, the plot looks very different and with a different focus. Superman 2 was 30 years ago anyway, I have no issue with some similarities there.
  • Tom_Servo 24 Jul 2012 00:09:36 17,277 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wouldn't Lex Luthor be a good fit since Nolan likes to make fairly simple social comments?
  • Deleted user 24 July 2012 00:10:23
    As long as there's no property development sub plot then I'll be happy.
  • Tom_Servo 24 Jul 2012 00:11:50 17,277 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    As long as there's no property development sub plot then I'll be happy.
    HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS as Clark negotiates land deals!
  • Deleted user 24 July 2012 00:15:05
    That's what I really hated about Superman Returns. It was almost a direct rehash of the land-grab plot of Superman 1, only without the national element. It literally only concerned the city of Metropolis. I didn't mind that it was Lex Luthor again, but I hated that it was basically the same old motive with almost no logic behind it.

"I can grow this virtually uninhabitable landmass! It's dark, it's gloomy, it's solid crystaline rock so is impossible to develop on or use as any sort of irrigatable land, but it's EMPTY LAND! Something America has literally thousands of miles of!"
  • Deleted user 24 July 2012 00:15:06
    Lex Luthor: worlds most evil land developer.

Who was ever going to buy that land from him in Returns?
  • Tom_Servo 24 Jul 2012 00:18:48 17,277 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh God I'd forgotten about that. The only things I remember from Returns are Superman being a weird homewrecker, him being able to lift a land mass mainly, if not entirely, made of kryptonite, and bloody Superboy.

Jesus, that was a bad film.
  • beastmaster 24 Jul 2012 11:43:29 11,150 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Oh God I'd forgotten about that. The only things I remember from Returns are Superman being a weird homewrecker, him being able to lift a land mass mainly, if not entirely, made of kryptonite, and bloody Superboy.

Jesus, that was a bad film.
    Yep. That was just terrible in so many ways. Also Brandon Routh was just fucking dreadful.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• nickthegun 24 Jul 2012 11:48:34 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He was ok. Its not like he was given a lot to work with.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 24 Jul 2012 11:49:08 86,261 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zod is the only choice really. You need someone that can go toe-to-toe with Superman, but not someone who's going to alienate a mainstream audience by being too "comicy",

As much as I'd like to see Braniac or someone in a film, if it pushes it into Green Lantern territory which it easily could, then it's best avoided.

The film just so obviously isn't going to be anything like a remake of Superman 2. Such a banal thing to say.

Also looking forward to the inevitable introduction of Luthor in the sequel. That will be equivalent of the Joker in TDK, and hopefully equally impressive.
  • Deleted user 24 July 2012 11:54:22
    Hopefully Lex Luthor: Man of Steel will be a big influence then.
  • nickthegun 24 Jul 2012 11:56:44 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Although im sure it wont be anything like it, it would make me laugh if the fishing boat and the hobo sections were with him depowered.

But they wont be and, I know it doesnt seem to fit in tonally with the whole existence is misery vibe this seems to be going for, but I liked the way they did it in year one. Have him try out as a footballer or a research scientist before he settles on who he is.

I know the journey has to be an ordeal, but I really cant see the harm in him trying out as a pro-footballer rather than have him ostracised and schlepping around a shitty trawler. I just think it could get a bit *too* emo.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Page

of 64 First / Last