Superman: The Man of Steel Page 46

• Page

of 64 First / Last

• nickthegun 17 Apr 2013 16:38:26 59,341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, it certainly looks like its going to fulfill my requirement of superman getting to punch the fuck out of something, so im quite happy with the level of CGI present.

The space battle with Russel Crowe looks really cool too.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• BinaryBob101 17 Apr 2013 16:41:25 22,635 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't the Father/Sone exchange lifted direct from Secret Origin?

Blown away by that trailer.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Deckard1 17 Apr 2013 16:42:04 27,584 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So Zods got superpowers as well then yeah? They're both basically invincible? And what happened to the lesbian and the mongy one?

Hush you ponce

• kalel 17 Apr 2013 16:43:05 86,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The lesbian is there again I think (with a different name) but the mong is gone.

And yes, Zod has identical powers to Superman. Anyone from Krypton does when they go to earth.
  • nickthegun 17 Apr 2013 16:45:12 59,341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As good as Superman 2 was, it always bothered me that the three of them didnt just grind supermans bones into dust.

Three superpowered soldiers Vs a dude who has been saving cats from trees for the last 20 years

He totally called it

• Deckard1 17 Apr 2013 16:45:19 27,584 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There better be some fucking planet destroying battles between the two of them then. If Zod doesn't throw the moon at superman I'm going to be disappointed.

Hush you ponce

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 17:01:59

The lesbian one on the right.
  • beastmaster 17 Apr 2013 18:13:28 11,293 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    There better be some fucking planet destroying battles between the two of them then. If Zod doesn't throw the moon at superman I'm going to be disappointed.
    I've got the latest Entertainment Weekly and there's a massive lead story on the film. I had to stop reading though when they started talking about the battle between Supes and Zod. I did see a bit of it though. No moon but it doesn't look as though this film will disappoint on that level. At all.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• StarchildHypocrethes 17 Apr 2013 18:26:38 25,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That trailer looks damned good.
  • captainrentboy 17 Apr 2013 21:02:20 975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The music seems to be getting a lack of love elsewhere. I think it's sounding pretty fucking grand, I doubt that that trailer piece was Zimmer's equivalent of William's Superman March, I'm assuming that'll be saved for the actual film. But as a taster of the direction he's going in it sounds promising.
    At least it's not that fucking 'Braahammmm' noise over and over again.
  • ronuds 17 Apr 2013 21:15:09 21,788 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The trailer was nice looking indeed!

My one fear would be that this is more like a Michael Bay flick than anything else, though. I'd like some story... even though we've heard it a thousand times already.

Still, another shooty, shooty bang, bang won't be something that anyone will remember after a month.
  • varsas 18 Apr 2013 08:34:26 2,401 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    The music seems to be getting a lack of love elsewhere. I think it's sounding pretty fucking grand, I doubt that that trailer piece was Zimmer's equivalent of William's Superman March, I'm assuming that'll be saved for the actual film. But as a taster of the direction he's going in it sounds promising.
    At least it's not that fucking 'Braahammmm' noise over and over again.
    I do like the music that's been used so far in the trailers; I'm not sure why there should be any real criticism before the film is even out!
  • kalel 18 Apr 2013 08:41:37 86,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Once it gets going it reminded me of Muse's more classical sounding stuff.

I quite like it.
  • nickthegun 18 Apr 2013 09:15:32 59,341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After seeing the trailer its certainly gives more insight into why they didnt think the Williams score was appropriate.

He totally called it

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Apr 2013 09:22:41 39,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I love the music in the trailer. I watched it a few times again just for that :)

Edit: and yes, very grateful there isn't even a hint to the inception sound.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 09:24:11 18-04-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Ultrasoundwave 18 Apr 2013 13:55:59 3,276 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just downloaded the trailer in 1080p to the iMac.

Wow. Just........wow.

I really think they've nailed it here. Everything looks absolutely perfect - Cavill, Crowe, Costner and Zod all looked ripped straight from the comic books.

The score sounds amazing. Like others have said, i don't think the actual "meat" of the chorus is in the trailer, but it definitely gives you an indication of how epic its going to be.

As far as Snyder is concerned, i've enjoyed the movies of his i've seen so far : Dawn of the Dead is one of the better remakes from recent years, 300 is excellent and he has to be given immense credit for bringing Watchmen to life.

With Snyders visuals, Nolan's storytelling, Zimmers score and Cavill facing off against Michael Shannon......i'm pretty sure this cant be anything less than excellent.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• kalel 18 Apr 2013 13:57:00 86,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I always forget about Dawn of the Dead, but yeah, I really liked that. Had a bit of humour and heart to it as well.
  • Ultrasoundwave 18 Apr 2013 14:12:33 3,276 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think the bottom line is even the people who arent a fan of Snyder will admit that, visually, he is one of the best directors around at the moment - all of his movies at least look fantastic.

with Nolan and Goyer on writing duties for this and Snyder on visuals, it could (and should) be a perfect combination.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Apr 2013 14:18:31 39,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it's time to say this now:

It's going to be shit!

Carry on.

• LeoliansBro 18 Apr 2013 14:21:18 43,641 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    I think it's time to say this now:

It's going to be shit!

Carry on.
    Star Trek thread's over there fella.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• graysonavich 18 Apr 2013 14:22:19 7,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm desperate to see what it looks like on the iMac
  • BinaryBob101 18 Apr 2013 16:31:04 22,635 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is the music in the trailer definitely Zimmer stuff? It sounds very Two Steps From Hell to me, or somebody similar.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Deleted user 18 April 2013 16:34:37
    You know what? The trailer just didn't do it for me. I'm still looking forward to it, but the trailer didn't give me goosebumps or make me think I'm 10 again. Say what you will about Returns, but it had one of the best trailers ever.

Though for that reason (fantastic trailer, crap movie), I'm actually kind of glad I didn't pop a lob-on from it.
  • mcmonkeyplc 18 Apr 2013 16:35:50 39,411 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Is the music in the trailer definitely Zimmer stuff? It sounds very Two Steps From Hell to me, or somebody similar.
    Sounded like Zimmer to me. Two steps from hell would be more choral.

• kalel 18 Apr 2013 16:50:22 86,798 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    meme wrote:
    You know what? The trailer just didn't do it for me. I'm still looking forward to it, but the trailer didn't give me goosebumps or make me think I'm 10 again. Say what you will about Returns, but it had one of the best trailers ever.

Though for that reason (fantastic trailer, crap movie), I'm actually kind of glad I didn't pop a lob-on from it.
    It could be the difference between being a fan of the original Superman films, and a fan of Superman.
  • Deckard1 18 Apr 2013 16:52:48 27,584 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Grem only likes 16th century french novels now

Hush you ponce

• morriss 18 Apr 2013 16:55:19 70,916 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hope this scene is in it: https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/324913559886774272/photo/1
  • Trowel 18 Apr 2013 17:30:12 17,531 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is Clark at least going to be weedy?
  • Deleted user 18 April 2013 17:37:00
    kalel wrote:
    meme wrote:

It could be the difference between being a fan of the original Superman films, and a fan of Superman.
    This is true. Though to be fair there are massive amounts of overlap between the two, to the point of iconicism. But that will lead us full circle back to the theme tune argument, and let's not go there again.
  • Rek 22 Apr 2013 11:28:13 15 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FYI, BFI IMAX advance tickets on sale now.

Looking forward to this one.
  • Page

of 64 First / Last