of 64 First / Last

Previous
  • BinaryBob101 9 Feb 2010 17:50:08 22,635 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Interesting news here, with more on Batman 3 too:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43932

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• kalel 9 Feb 2010 17:57:29 86,753 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Personally, I'd love to see a bit of DARK KNIGHT's gritty maturity injected into SUPERMAN

Fuck off Knowles you fat twat.
  • BinaryBob101 9 Feb 2010 17:59:04 22,635 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• kalel 9 Feb 2010 18:02:30 86,753 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyway, itís both potentially a good and a bad thing.

As long as Nolonís remit is to make sure that Superman is Ďtaken seriouslyí in the same way he did for Batman Iím all for it, but taking something seriously doesnít mean making it serious.

Superman has to have a slight light touch to it, something that Donner and Lester got right, and actually Singer didnít do terribly in this respect.

If it becomes gritty though, it can honestly do one. I have no desire to see an angsty emo Superman film.
  • mwtb 9 Feb 2010 18:04:25 2,381 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally, I'd love to see a bit of DARK KNIGHT's gritty maturity injected into SUPERMAN

I bet he would. I expect he's used the thought to work himself into a fury of ginger self-love many times.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:07:27
    Not sure Nolan is the right man, but if he's just involved in overseeing production and director choice it could turn out ok.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:10:23
    Personally, I'd love to see Harry Knowles fuck off and AICN shut down like the utter pile of arse it is.
  • RetardStrong 9 Feb 2010 18:11:54 3,229 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ugh, another 3 hour snorefest. No thanks.
  • thegamesthething 9 Feb 2010 18:13:42 1,079 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not Coleen then? Probably for the best.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:19:02
    kalel wrote:

Fuck off Knowles you fat twat.
    + Fucking 1
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:36:39
    kalel wrote:
    Anyway, itís both potentially a good and a bad thing.

As long as Nolonís remit is to make sure that Superman is Ďtaken seriouslyí in the same way he did for Batman Iím all for it, but taking something seriously doesnít mean making it serious.

Superman has to have a slight light touch to it, something that Donner and Lester got right, and actually Singer didnít do terribly in this respect.

If it becomes gritty though, it can honestly do one. I have no desire to see an angsty emo Superman film.

I agree completely and I think Nolan is smart enough to know that making it shouldn't be 'gritty' in the same way Batman is, the character is just too different and it wouldn't make sense.

Doing something along the lines of 'Red Son' would make me happy, at least if it focused on that side of Superman and his place in the world, even if they don't make him into a dirty commie.
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:37:17
    Also, no fucking Superboy please.
  • BinaryBob101 9 Feb 2010 18:39:26 22,635 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    brotherbob wrote:
    Rufus' review of new Star Trek.

Who now?

Kal's right though, Nolan clearly knows his psychology and I'd be surprised if he took this down a particularly emo path. This could be good.

Also, although it's from AICN the source proper is Deadline, they've got more right than wrong recently.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• kalel 9 Feb 2010 18:43:58 86,753 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People complain that Superman is too powerful and it makes him boring, but this is exactly the thing that could make a Superman film more awesome than any other hero movie. Yes, heís like a god, so letís see him act like one! Letís see him rip an entire building out the earth and twat some massive sea monster on the head with it. Letís see him chuck planets around like theyíre marbles. Letís see him sling shot UFOs into the next universe.

If they made a film with Superman spending the large proportion of the film doing super things, it would be fucking sweet.
  • morriss 9 Feb 2010 18:47:30 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm just happy Batman 3's on the way.

Carry on.
  • kalel 9 Feb 2010 18:50:08 86,753 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    morriss wrote:

Carry on.

Did you ever think it wouldn't be?

I think the biggest clue was Batman 2 not having an ending :p
  • jellyhead 9 Feb 2010 18:51:00 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sing it!

That's what i want from a Superman film. And please, please, please, please, No Kryptonite. Please.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:51:04
    Don't know why the geezer gets people so riled. He's passionate and often wrong, but frankly he's as only as big a cunt as the typical EG'er, only bigger. Far bigger.
  • El_MUERkO 9 Feb 2010 18:52:50 16,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd like to see a more nuanced performance of Superman, I really like Kalel's idea of Sea Monster twating but when you're god-like what does it do to you when you cant save everyone, be everywhere, stop humans being humans, stop wars, genocides etc...

I don't mean the guy sobbing into a whiskey bottle (Hancock) every three minutes but something more than "Mr. Awesome In Every Way"
  • morriss 9 Feb 2010 18:53:19 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:

Carry on.

Nolan's a bit serious though, isn't he? He said no "super"villains i.e. Penguin. Riddler's too close to The Joker. Two-Face (according to the official script) is dead. Who's left? heÝs done Scarecrow.

He called have easily called time on it. And there's an argument that he should.
  • trip919 9 Feb 2010 18:54:05 2,264 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As long as itís better than Bryan Singerís attempt.
  • morriss 9 Feb 2010 18:54:31 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And kal, do you really think seeing superman lobbing a twenty-story building at a baddie would be fun? Surely, the baddy would have to represent a decent threat and have a decent backround (or not, as with Joker) for that to work for two hours?
  • RetardStrong 9 Feb 2010 18:54:37 3,229 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What makes Superman boring is that he's the James Blunt of superheroes :-P
  • Deleted user 9 February 2010 18:57:52
    I think they should just do a movie of Kingdom Come.

A royally fucked off Supes would be an awesome scene.
  • morriss 9 Feb 2010 18:58:19 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or Red Son.
  • Lukus 9 Feb 2010 19:00:12 19,037 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    morriss wrote:

Carry on.

Nolan's a bit serious though, isn't he?

He called have easily called time on it. And there's an argument that he should.

And then where would the franchise be left? Probably in the hands of someone less capable, seeing as how whoever holds the film rights would be crazy to not make another sequel, what with the last one being amongst the highest grossing films of all time.

Paintings & Photographs

• morriss 9 Feb 2010 19:05:22 70,913 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or just let the franchise die with two impeccable films as its legacy.
  • BinaryBob101 9 Feb 2010 19:15:38 22,635 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    I think they should just do a movie of Kingdom Come.

A royally fucked off Supes would be an awesome scene.

This.

morriss wrote:
    Or Red Son.

And this, although that will never happen. Millar pitched it already, maybe the suits weren't happy with Supes stranded on Earth alone for eternity.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:

• Page

of 64 First / Last

Previous