BF:BC2 Demo thread (ps3 specific)

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • L3E 5 Feb 2010 11:03:42 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi all,

Downloaded the demo last night and played for about half an hour and love it.

I discovered an early tactic which i think i will enjoy which was lucky that i had a squad mate with their head screwed on. I jumped into the Black hawk as we where defending our last m-com crate when a squad mate jumped in, and i slowly circled the crate at a reasonable altitude. Although i was missing out on the Killing, i was patient and was in a slow circle and got loads of Kill assists. Maybe the opposite team was noob and didnt shoot me down quick enough as eventually (about 5 mins gaming time) the chopper was shot and i parachuted out.

I'm looking for a few people to play in squads with me and conduct similar tactics so we can enjoy this game as much as possible.

Please can people add my PSN: trfcL3E

See you on the Battlefield :)
  • Deleted user 5 February 2010 11:48:37
    Good idea, would like to play tactical with EG members rather than running around like headless chicken with randoms.

I'm downloading it now, want to focus on arranging a game for Alien vs Predator this evening but I should be ready to play after lunch at 1pm today if anyone here is about, my PSN ID is akaten.
  • chessboxer 5 Feb 2010 12:15:06 250 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I swear the controls for the tank have changed since the beta, and not for the better. It certainly looks much better and the draw distance has vastly improved. I don't like how the Multiplayer and Options drop down lists swap sides when you enter them from the main menu but that's how they were in the beta. Certainly not game ruining as it shouldn't be a problem after the initial set-up.

I will have to try out a chopper at some point today.
  • L3E 5 Feb 2010 12:22:58 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    chessboxer wrote:
    I swear the controls for the tank have changed since the beta, and not for the better. It certainly looks much better and the draw distance has vastly improved. I don't like how the Multiplayer and Options drop down lists swap sides when you enter them from the main menu but that's how they were in the beta. Certainly not game ruining as it shouldn't be a problem after the initial set-up.

From the general BFBC2 thread, i've seen posts saying this can be changed in the controller setup? and can be changed to BC1 controls? cant confirm this as i am in work until 5pm.

and chess can you add me or leave your PSN so i can add you?
  • novo44 5 Feb 2010 17:20:07 22 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ill be on bad company 2,bf1943 and AvP so if any one wants a game then add me my psn id is novocaineproject all one word!
  • L3E 6 Feb 2010 10:40:44 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    L3E wrote:
    chessboxer wrote:

From the general BFBC2 thread, i've seen posts saying this can be changed in the controller setup? and can be changed to BC1 controls? cant confirm this as i am in work until 5pm.

and chess can you add me or leave your PSN so i can add you?

I can confirm on the demo, you go to options to change setup for each individual action (land,vehicle,air) to Bad Company 1 controls
  • chessboxer 7 Feb 2010 01:16:34 250 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah but the beta had a better control system for ground vehicles. Unfortunately you can no longer set it up that way which sucks a bit. Still, the Bad Company 1 setting is better than the default.
  • Borealis_UK 9 Feb 2010 19:05:10 174 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there any trick to getting this bastard to connect to a game online? I have NAT type 2 etc... but just can't connect to any games. Very frustrating.
  • L3E 10 Feb 2010 07:55:44 48 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Borealis_UK wrote:
    Is there any trick to getting this bastard to connect to a game online? I have NAT type 2 etc... but just can't connect to any games. Very frustrating.

I wouldnt know tbh. I can connect as normal so cant help sorry.

And to the above post - I think you can still only communicate with people in your Squad and so to play well on the demo, poss full game too, you may need a few of us in your friends list.

My PSN is trfcL3E and i use headset
  • octo 11 Feb 2010 13:07:55 979 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The problem is that this game now feels incredibly familiar. However it's fun, getting in to a game is easy and it's pretty lag free!
  • Bremenacht 11 Feb 2010 21:06:46 19,663 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got this on xbox, but I'm trying the PS3 version to compare. PSN: Bremenacht.

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a list of PSN tags on PSN that everyone can access? Or do people post a lot of PSN tags in threads for a good reason...
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next