The iPad Page 215

• Page

of 255 First / Last

• dominalien 28 Apr 2013 08:00:09 7,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I would DEARLY love to never see another "Our website has an app! Would you like to download it fuck face?" message, ever, ever again. Ever!
    Oh yes, please.

Isn't there an app for that? :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• RyanDS 28 Apr 2013 12:46:44 9,841 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I would DEARLY love to never see another "Our website has an app! Would you like to download it fuck face?" message, ever, ever again. Ever!
    I genuinely would pay 5 for an app that stops those happening.

Especially Tapatalk or whatever it is called, that can fuck right off.

Edit: Fuck, remined to me read the last page next time and see that the joke has already been made... I would pay though seriously.

Edited by RyanDS at 12:47:24 28-04-2013
  • Load_2.0 28 Apr 2013 13:08:43 19,670 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Don't really go in for all that anyway. My typing on the ipad is very limited.

I still have mixed feeling about my ipad. I probably use it more than any other gadget, and yet there's really nothing on it that I couldn't either do on my computer or my phone. It's like the most useful pointless thing I have.
    Haha this, so much this. Mine was unused and uncharged for 3 months and I didn't miss it.

Doesn't stop me wanting that sweet keyboard mrpon linked to.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 19:23:07
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Don't really go in for all that anyway. My typing on the ipad is very limited.

I still have mixed feeling about my ipad. I probably use it more than any other gadget, and yet there's really nothing on it that I couldn't either do on my computer or my phone. It's like the most useful pointless thing I have.
    Haha this, so much this. Mine was unused and uncharged for 3 months and I didn't miss it.

Doesn't stop me wanting that sweet keyboard mrpon linked to.
    Believe it or not i had my first go on an ipad yesterday.

Really nice to hold, and really easy to use - but i was like.. hmm don't know what to do with this or what apps to search. I have had an iphone before so was used to it, and have the basic apps on my S2, but i can never be arsed to search and look for apps i may like. I don't know what i would use one for other than internet browsing and leaving my MBP as a work machine.
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Jun 2013 20:00:04 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    I don't know what I would use one for other than internet browsing and leaving my MBP as a work machine.
    I use my iPad exclusively for browsing the web, reading/sending e-mails as well as playing Letterpress and Words with Friends. I love the blooming thing!

I have a nice Acer laptop (Aspire 7) that someone at work no longer had any real need for and yet, I find myself picking my iPad up nine out of ten times. I only really use the notebook for Office and buying expensive-ish things online, as I can happily print the receipt off afterwards.

You thinking of treating yourself to one Joel?

If so, I would strongly advise you to wait for a month (or two) seeing as Apple shall be unveiling their new iPad(s) in July or August time.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2013 20:55:10
    Yeah been have thinking about it. Most people on here know that i often think about it buying stuff but never bleeding do :)

But yeah always on the lookout, just been looking at a nexus 7 or one of these. But thanks for the heads up for the couple of months anyway!
  • sirtacos 10 Jul 2013 06:28:17 7,378 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My googlings yielded nothing, so perhaps one of you will know the answer:

Every time my connection is interrupted while downloading a video from iTunes, when my Internet connection resumes, my download will restart from scratch.

This does not happen on any other device. Only on the iPad.

It's wasting my limited download quota (I live in Oz and Internet is shit (as well as extremely expensive), even if you live in a dense urban centre. It's like warping back in time to Europe in the early 2000s.)
  • Deleted user 11 July 2013 10:14:25
    @sirtacos Might be a hardware issue though I have no idea...

Er, anyway, was going to ask. Is it a general opinion that a new iPad will be revealed this year?
  • mrpon 11 Jul 2013 10:18:15 29,564 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah thinner, lighter version in Sep/Oct I reckon.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Buztafen 24 Sep 2013 15:04:33 16,531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afternoon, so my mum's getting an ipad 4 for her 60th this weekend and ive been charged with getting her a cover/case for it as a present. Nothing fancy, just your basic fold away girly pink effort. Does anyone have any experience with a good make of cover/case? Obviously there's the offical Apple ones but they're extremely expensive.

Found this one on Amazon but thought i'd check if anyone here had a better suggestion.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2013 15:12:04
    I'm sure that one is fine. Anything that covers the back is probably preferable to the official ones.
  • Punctum 24 Sep 2013 15:13:03 1,045 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Buztafen
    I had that one and didn't think much of it.

This one is better http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leather-Wallet-Retina-Display-compatibility/dp/B007Y5K2LG/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1380031861&sr=1-1&keywords=jammylizard+ipad+4
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 15:16:19 61,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only thing you have got to organise is an iPad cover and you need help from the internet to do it?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Buztafen 24 Sep 2013 15:22:26 16,531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The only thing you have got to organise is an iPad cover and you need help from the internet to do it?
    Come on nick, I just thought i'd ask a question in this here ipad thread in case someone might have any better suggestions. No need to be like that.
  • Buztafen 24 Sep 2013 15:23:57 16,531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers Punctum, seems a bit more substantial compared to the Invision cover.
  • nickthegun 24 Sep 2013 15:24:39 61,305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sorry. It is kind of funny, though.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Punctum 24 Sep 2013 15:26:42 1,045 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Buztafen
    Yeh, the Invision wasn't very good when used as a stand.
  • Buztafen 24 Sep 2013 15:27:21 16,531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The site is missing a little humour lately...so you're welcome.
  • CharlieStCloud 8 Oct 2013 22:55:11 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    iPad event on the 22nd of October

... and I am sure we'll see more of Maverick OSX, updated MacBook Pro with Haswell thing-me-bobs and finally, a price and date for the long awaited Mac Pro.

Funnily enough, the Surface 2 is out on the very same day.

Typical of Apple!
  • Deleted user 8 October 2013 22:57:32
    I have an iPad. It makes a really good alarm clock.
  • spindizzy 9 Oct 2013 11:24:05 6,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    iPad event on the 22nd of October

... and I am sure we'll see more of Maverick OSX, updated MacBook Pro with Haswell thing-me-bobs and finally, a price and date for the long awaited Mac Pro.

Funnily enough, the Surface 2 is out on the very same day.

Typical of Apple!
    The event last year was Oct. 23, 2012. I really don't think Apple arranged their event to upset MS. :-P

Quite interested by a Retina ipad (and a mac pro, but that's way out of my price range...)
  • Deleted user 9 October 2013 14:21:19
    I'm interested to see what peripherals will be announced alongside the Mac Pro. Apple are long overdue a new keyboard and even the Magic Mouse is longish in the tooth now. And there'll almost certainly be new displays, potentially 4K/Retina ones.
  • dominalien 9 Oct 2013 14:45:17 7,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A retina display, I will take.

PSN: DonOsito

• CharlieStCloud 9 Oct 2013 14:50:01 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You two must have some dosh to spend...!

: p
  • Moot_Point 9 Oct 2013 15:00:31 4,609 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Are the first iPad's still supported. Was thinking of getting one with 3G capability as there are a lot of them about. Is 240 too much?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 15:01:37
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    You two must have some dosh to spend...!

: p
    I wouldn't be getting a retina display myself, but I'd certainly get to use one at work.
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Oct 2013 15:08:03 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Are the first iPad's still supported. Was thinking of getting one with 3G capability as there are a lot of them about. Is 240 too much?
    To answer your 'is it still supported?':

No iOS 7, some apps simply refuse to work on the original iPad due to technical limitations and only usable on the latest iOS, an average and slightly washed out screen, bulky, heavy and ... oh, just get an iPad mini instead for that price!

You should at least wait until the 22nd though.
  • Moot_Point 9 Oct 2013 15:15:58 4,609 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have a mini already, but its wifi only. I just wanted something cheap to surf the web.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 9 October 2013 15:22:59
    Post deleted
  • CharlieStCloud 9 Oct 2013 15:28:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    I have a mini already, but its wifi only. I just wanted something cheap to surf the web.
    Maybe sell the iPad mini and put it towards a new iPad with 3/4G...?
  • Page

of 255 First / Last