• Page

of 244 First / Last

• Deleted user 10 January 2013 12:49:20
    YOU'RE 45?!
  • Salaman 10 Jan 2013 13:13:02 19,046 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @KennyPowers Siri works on iPad 3, iPad 4 and iPad mini, but only with iOS 6. Go to Settings-General-Siri and turn it on. Hold the Home button to activate it.

EDIT: Ah, you have an iPad 2 - yeah, no Siri for that one I'm afraid. Believe me, you're really not missing much at all. A couple of minutes novelty amusement now and again but of very little practical use to most people day to day, I'd say. Plus, it's just embarrassing and kind of dumb-looking speaking commands to your computer. Especially when it gets it wrong. Which it will.
    If you want the novelty of talking to your ipad, you can install chrome and tap the mic symbol to dictate your google search.
  • kalel 10 Jan 2013 13:20:48 87,587 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's an ipad 4?
  • mrpon 10 Jan 2013 13:22:28 28,901 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The one after the retina one. Just faster processor.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• THFourteen 10 Jan 2013 13:50:42 33,406 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oh the NEW ipad.
  • dominalien 10 Jan 2013 14:01:51 6,860 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, the new ipad was the previous one. This one is the ipad with retina display. I wonder whether they're doing this on purpose to confuse us.

PSN: DonOsito

• kalel 10 Jan 2013 14:04:46 87,587 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm genuinely confused. Has there been another big ipad since the retina other than the mini? I didn't even notice. When did that happen?
  • monkman76 10 Jan 2013 14:08:45 4,237 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I'm genuinely confused. Has there been another big ipad since the retina other than the mini? I didn't even notice. When did that happen?
    The 4th gen came out at the same time as the Mini. Basically a retina ipad with twice the processing speed.
  • StixxUK 10 Jan 2013 15:01:15 7,255 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might get a mini, but there seems to be heavy speculation that they're going to bring a retina one out in the next few months, which presumably means a price drop on the existing ones. Chances of actually being able to get hold of the current ones before then seem pretty slim anyway. Some places are selling the 16gb version for almost the same price as the 32gb!
  • nickthegun 10 Jan 2013 15:06:55 59,887 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    The 4th gen came out at the same time as the Mini. Basically a retina ipad with twice the processing speed.
    Obsoleting the existing iPad after a massive six months. Properly obsoleting it. It didnt just move down a rung like the original and the iPad 2 did, it was shuffled off the entire product lineup like it never existed.

It actually writes their product strategy out large as the iPad2 is still the bottom rung iPad, purely so they can still use the retina display as a selling feature.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• mcmonkeyplc 10 Jan 2013 15:09:11 39,456 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hate apple...I love my mini though :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• kalel 26 Jan 2013 18:32:54 87,587 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Eh? The settings just has a navigation tab all the way down the left. There's no back button.
  • mrpon 26 Jan 2013 18:39:24 28,901 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I guess he's meaning when you go down another level eg: General - About. The small General "back" button appears at the top.

You know you can press the blue highlighted General link (in this example) on the far left Euro which performs the same function?

• kalel 26 Jan 2013 18:43:02 87,587 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh. I just use the nav on the left all the time.

All OSs have quirks that are annoying while you get used to them. It perhaps could be more intuitive but it's not the worst thing about the iPad.
  • Mattwow 26 Jan 2013 19:51:59 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just got an IPad 4th gen today & absolutely love it, Skygo is so crisp on the new retina display.

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• TarickStonefire 27 Jan 2013 13:42:05 3,091 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There may be a better thread, but there's a game out now called Gridlee, which is free, and also happens to have MAME4iOS hidden inside it. Grab it quick before they pull it, especially if you have an iCade!

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• mrpon 29 Jan 2013 14:13:52 28,901 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Apple will release a 128GB iPad 4 starting next week" - UK dates to follow.

Source

• THFourteen 29 Jan 2013 14:36:15 33,406 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    There may be a better thread, but there's a game out now called Gridlee, which is free, and also happens to have MAME4iOS hidden inside it. Grab it quick before they pull it, especially if you have an iCade!
    Nice one cheers pal!
  • CharlieStCloud 29 Jan 2013 16:00:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A 128GB iPad for $799 you say?

... BARGAIN!

It'll very likely be £639 over here if the other models pricing are anything to go by.

In other news, this is what the next new iPad shall look like:

It's the iOS that needs an overhaul, not the design.
  • Craven 24 Feb 2013 20:23:40 391 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can i talk about jailbreaking in this thread?

Just jailbroken my Ipad 3 and not sure what apps i should be looking at using?
  • yegon 24 Feb 2013 20:41:34 5,262 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Craven wrote:
    Can i talk about jailbreaking in this thread?

Just jailbroken my Ipad 3 and not sure what apps i should be looking at using?
    AdBlocker - self explanatory. Be sure to add repo.yllier.net to your sources and download AdBlockerNetworks from there too, blocks those pesky iAds

Browser Changer - set default browser to something other than Safari (can also do same with maps)

Nitrous (paid) - in vanilla iOS, the turbo version of javascript is only available to Safari, meaning Chrome etc are slower than Safari. Nitrous makes the faster java available to all apps that can take advantage of it - Chrome, Alien Blue etc are notably faster. Maybe the Gmail app too? Dunno, don't use it.

f.lux - changes hue of screen to warmer at night time. Bit marmite this, I love it. Not essential but, if you like it, then can no longer have it, you'll miss it. If that makes sense.

FullForce - make iPhone apps full screen with varying degrees of success. It works GREAT with Google Maps, handy until a iPad specific Google Maps app arrives

NCsettings - quickly change system settings in Notification Centre. Not as useful as it is on the phone, but handy

Activator - again, most useful on iPhone, but I love the ability to set play/pause to a single gesture on the lock screen or when in use. Saves bringing up playback controls, two less actions. Sounds like nothing, but if you're doing that thing 20 times a day...

Bytafont - change the default font. I like Merge.

Springtomize2 (paid) - combines loads of different ui tweaks. Foremost for me is the ability to allow 5x5 icons, and said icons stay in exactly same place when going to landscape, something that's always bugged me slightly.

Jailbreak, to me at least, is less essential on an iPad than iPhone, but the first 3 above make the browsing experience faster and significantly better. The other stuff is gravy.

Edited by yegon at 21:23:05 24-02-2013
  • dominalien 24 Feb 2013 21:11:29 6,860 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ManualCorrect (only the paid Pro version works with iOS 6 now, though)
    iTransmission 3
    iFile (paid)
    RetinaPad (if you have any iPhone-only apps, also paid)
    MobileTerminal and inetutils if you're into Unix command line stuff

PSN: DonOsito

• beastmaster 7 Apr 2013 18:09:03 11,411 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, I finally got myself a brand new 64G iPad. I still have my iPad 2 but that's going to take permanent residence in an iCade cabinet. Pew! Pew!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mrpon 9 Apr 2013 21:46:33 28,901 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    iMessage outage atm for some users.

http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

• mrpon 18 Apr 2013 17:00:13 28,901 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    iPad 5 rumour: "Will Be 15% Thinner, 25% Lighter And Take Less Time To Charge Than iPad 4"

Source

I'd be into an upgrade for that shit as I skipped the unnecessary 4th gen.

• kalel 18 Apr 2013 17:55:59 87,587 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm still on a 2, so definitely considering an upgrade to the 5 when it comes.

If there's a retina mini though then I'm not sure which I'd rather upgrade to.
  • Page

of 244 First / Last