EA's FIFA 2010 World Cup

• Page

of 13 First / Last

Previous
  • uglygamer 26 Jan 2010 14:40:50 11,798 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its been confirmed. First screenshots will be on www.facebook.com/EASPORTSFIFA

• Deleted user 26 January 2010 14:47:04
    Could EA not have had a DLC to compliment the existing 2010 game?

Not surprised they are releasing a WC game in the slightest, but surely there won't be any updates to the FIFA10 gameplay system, so its just a matter of maybe a little reskin and creating a cup competion with the qualified teams in it.

Then again, if EA can make 30-40 per copy, then all power them.
  • mikew1985 26 Jan 2010 14:50:46 12,069 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, it will be a slightly improved (hopefully less lobtastic) version of Fifa 10 with all the club teams removed and a World Cup competition in its place.
  • LFMartins 26 Jan 2010 14:58:19 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Snakehips76 wrote:
    Could EA not have had a DLC to compliment the existing 2010 game?

Not surprised they are releasing a WC game in the slightest, but surely there won't be any updates to the FIFA10 gameplay system, so its just a matter of maybe a little reskin and creating a cup competion with the qualified teams in it.

Then again, if EA can make 30-40 per copy, then all power them.

Im not sure but i think their World Cup license doesnt allow it. I know Konami had a lot of trouble to convince UEFA to let them put the Champions League in PES instead of doing a solo Champions League game.

I feel like an asshole for wanting to buy this.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2010 15:08:14
    That would make sense LFMartins, I'd not considered that.

I don't see the point in a WC oriented game personally, but thats just me.

I've already created a World Cup save on PES10 with all the teams in their correct groups etc and saved before the 1st game. As long as I don't overwrite that save I can play it ad infinitum and change teams that I can play as.

Sure the squads will likely be out of date but if it annoys me closer to the WC I can just Edit and start a new Cup.

It'll be another set of achievements I guess though ;P
  • kooi1980 26 Jan 2010 15:21:51 126 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What I really would like to see is having the world cup qualifiers in the game. Not realistic aymore with all the licensing involved, but I really loved working my way through qualification with Vanuatu (what?) in Fifa 98: RTWC.
    It took like 30 games to just get to the world cup itself.
  • mikew1985 26 Jan 2010 15:52:24 12,069 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea but Fifa 98: RTWC was pretty special. Loved the indoor mode :)
  • Deleted user 26 January 2010 15:54:09
    I couldn't quite believe there was no option to play the world cup in FIFA 09 considering they obviously have the license. Cash in of the century.
  • LFMartins 26 Jan 2010 15:57:33 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I cant believe that im defending EA but its probably not their fault as i said on my previous post. Some licenses have straight conditions that have to be followed.
  • kooi1980 26 Jan 2010 16:06:10 126 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wouldn't even mind them just adding all those minor countries with players 1 to 23, as long as I can play my qualifier against the Solomon Islands :)
    And some classic teams would be nice...
    *keeps dreaming*
  • malteaserhead 26 Jan 2010 16:13:15 13,444 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is scope for this to make its mark (classic teams, replay old classic games, erm... indoor! etc) but like everyone I'd prefer them to take a DLC route for this kind of stuff. Maybe even Fifa 11. Never gonna happen though.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2010 16:15:10
    LFMartins wrote:
    I cant believe that im defending EA but its probably not their fault as i said on my previous post. Some licenses have straight conditions that have to be followed.

Yeah although if you were FIFA you'd have it in your agreement be quite happy to fleece people every time a bit tourney comes round. Everyone is gonna buy FIFA anyway so might as well add some sales to it by releasing stripped down versions for the same price with the license you don;t grant to the full game.
  • LFMartins 26 Jan 2010 16:15:24 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A mode with classic finals or classic scenarios would be awesome.
  • cjb_bjc 26 Jan 2010 16:15:27 942 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Euro 2008 i was really impressed with, at that point i could see that FIFa was moving up the ranks. They didn't have enough time with 10 to make the improvments they wanted. Or they just didn't implement them properly (im trying to be nice). So all those tweaks that they can't release in a patch will be made to this. Which i think may be the best FIFA game ever, so long as those lil niggles get ironed out! And without a doubt will be a definate purchase for me!
  • kooi1980 27 Jan 2010 09:19:54 126 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    From Kotaku:
    "The game, for Xbox 360 and PS3, will feature all 199 countries that competed in the World Cup qualification stage and allow players to take any of them through all stages of competition."

Could this mean my Vanuatu dreams will come true? Hope so, looking forward to the Saint Kitts and Nevis clash already
  • THFourteen 27 Jan 2010 09:22:29 31,810 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /dreams of playing fifa on one monitor whilst watching spain vs brazil on the other
  • LFMartins 27 Jan 2010 10:18:24 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if theyll going to have those awful buzzers in the crowd.
  • Moonprince 27 Jan 2010 10:47:58 313 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "surely there won't be any updates to the FIFA10 gameplay system"

oh really..?
  • dunts 27 Jan 2010 16:37:00 4,033 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The online world cup mode sounds good.
  • LFMartins 27 Jan 2010 16:54:13 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interview with the lead designer.
    Some of the new gameplay features

Responsiveness:

New chest traps that allow you to chest the ball in the direction you want to go rather than having to take midair touches after a chest to change direction.
    The ability to let a ball drop over your shoulder and move off in the direction of ball travel. Great for preserving momentum with lofted through balls.
    Improved the problem of trapping the ball too far and being "stunned," then taking too long to go and dribble the ball.
    Defensively players will now clear an aerial ball rather than do a chest trap first when you are asking for a clearance.

Goalkeeper:

Improved the "narrowing down the angle" logic so the keeper doesn't come out so soon and so far, making him vulnerable to the chip shot.
    Ability to change his save direction if there is a deflection.
    Added variety to punching, which results in punches sometimes not clearing the ball out of danger.

CPU Teams:

Added more skill moves for the CPU to use depending on a player's flair attribute or trait.
    Better understanding of game context and situation, resulting in more intelligent changes of tactics/mentality.
    Manager now looks at who he has as subs and will attempt to give star players on the bench some playing time (i.e. Fabregas for Spain; Pato for Brazil). Previously he would rely solely on match rating and fatigue, leading to unrealistic substitutions or the same one over and over again.

Positioning:

Teammates will now take more factors into account when looking into space inside the box when they are making a run for a cross to be delivered. I can verify how exciting this is having seen the way that Emile Heskey bulldozed his way onto the end of a cross in Andorra the other day.
    Improved marking for when the CB pushes up to the ball possessor when he shouldn't, leaving the team vulnerable to an easy through ball and 1-on-1 with the GK.

Shooting:

Improved the realism of where players strike the ball to give more off-center strikes leading to more swerve and variety in ball trajectory.
    Changed the chip shot to make it more challenging and also to improve the feel of it--more backspin, better trajectory.

Passing:

Added personality to crosses to allow better players to put in more driven crosses into the box.
    Added chest and shoulder passes.
    Lowered the amount of power you can get on backwards crosses and backwards lofted through balls, forcing you to roughly have to face the way you want to pass it to for these types of kicks to succeed.

Set Pieces:

Ability to trigger a teammate run on a quick free kick.
    Lowered the likelihood of the CPU scoring from FKs--they were too good.
  • dnbuk 27 Jan 2010 16:55:33 4,926 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dunts wrote:

Shame the cunts couldn't put a simple tournament mode in FIFA10. Fucking cash cow i tell thee.
  • LFMartins 27 Jan 2010 16:57:41 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, some of these new features could have been in FIFA 10 or could be corrected with a patch. Still, ill probably end up buying it.
  • Raiko101 27 Jan 2010 16:59:38 5,541 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Those updates sound alright, but they're not worth 40.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• dunts 27 Jan 2010 17:00:48 4,033 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dnbuk wrote:
    dunts wrote:

Shame the cunts couldn't put a simple tournament mode in FIFA10. Fucking cash cow i tell thee.

Pretty much, i think it's because the online tournament is one of the features of UT coming in Feb. It was the best thing about it in 09 but yeah they could have easily included it.
  • ozallez 27 Jan 2010 23:05:32 39 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    the gameplay updates look ok ... but i'll still be playing 10 till fifa11 comes out. I'd find playing two different versions somewhat irritating if i play enough of it.
    Which is why the idea of a DLC world cup mode would be ideal. That way they could potentially apply the changes to the fifa 10 main mode. But then that would cut into next year's sales i guess.
  • uglygamer 8 Mar 2010 16:26:40 11,798 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New gameplay trailer?

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/2010-fifa-world-cup-sizzle-trailer
  • Sparx 8 Mar 2010 17:20:45 19 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah it was, got mine on pre-order may not be worth 40 but its fifa and its world cup so thats enough reasons for me to get it
  • MiniAmin 10 Mar 2010 10:09:53 3,357 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    News about penalty kicks:

One new improvement is the penalty kick system, which has radically changed since the last FIFA. Each penalty kick will change in terms of difficulty depending on the events surrounding it. For example, a penalty against Fiji when you're 5-0 up will be relatively easy; while the decisive penalty in the World Cup final against Brazil will be much tougher.

The new system is based around a compsure meter that goes back and forth, moving between red in the extremities and green in the centre. The idea is to hold the shoot button when the marker is in the green area, and then perform a similar maneuver to determine the power. Meanwhile, a blue marker will appear on the screen allowing you to direct the shot, with a small marker allowing pinpoint accuracy if you landed in the green portion of the bar. The position marker only appears in the training mode though; in the real game, you have to make a judgement on how much to tweak the aim of the ball.

With the penalty taker getting more options, it's only fair that the keeper does as well, so thankfully EA Sports has improved this area as well. Keepers now do more to stop the ball than before, automatically moving their arms and legs to knock the ball if they're heading in the right direction. You can also move the keeper up and down the line and perform various taunts, moving your body to try and put the penalty taker off their shot.

http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6253264/2010-fifa-world-cup-updated-hands-on?tag=topslot;title;3
  • LFMartins 29 Mar 2010 12:50:49 5,704 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great, this is getting a Scenarios mode and they are saying they will make scenarios available for download during the World Cup about the matches from the previous day.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last

Previous