Resistance 3 Page 13

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 19 Sep 2011 00:20:26 25,316 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is rather good eh? Really hated the first two games but rented this on Sat and have almost finished it. Superb single player, love the variety and quick hopping from one set piece to the next. Some really great moments in it. Weapons are great and I've found myself actually using them all as well as their secondary fire often, rather than just sticking to a few favourite which is what I tend to do when given so much choice.

Main guy reminds me a bit of Don Draper which adds to the awesomeness.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Deleted user 23 September 2011 12:00:29
    I played through the demo the other evening with Move sharpshooter and thought the demo itself was quite impressive(and would agree with 8/10 score based on that).

The move support is good, but the calibration system or tweaking isn't easily accessible or visibly shown(dead zone box?), but my real grip with the demo is the control layout on the sharpshooter. Crouch(with prawn) and weapon change particularly is alien to Killzone 3's superb layout

So of those that have bought the game, does it have a control layout option for the sharpshooter similar to Killzone 3?

It is probably the main stumbling block for me buying if it doesn't, but they could change my mind with a patch.
  • mcmothercruncher 23 Sep 2011 15:50:27 7,555 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The move implementation is basic at best. Not a patch on KZ3 for me, mainly because it isn't very tweakable. Went back to the DS sharpish.
  • krushing 23 Sep 2011 17:27:43 777 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just tried the demo. I like the looks, the controls seem ok, the AI puts up a fight but...it somehow seems to lack what I vaguely define as "punch". There's just a disconnect between pulling the trigger and seeing the aliens drop, which is probably to be found somewhere in the convergence of controller rumble, gun/hit sounds and animations. It just feels somehow banal here (mind you, I think Killlzone 3 is very similar even though it's "heavy"), which I think is what contributes to the "unexciting" someone mentioned. Remember when you first got the revolver in Half Life and pulled it on an unsuspecting vortigaunt 'round the corner? That worked (and I don't think my mouse had rumble, so it doesn't necessarily need that...). Here's more of the sensation of "hitpoints reach zero, do death animation".

Aanyway, I'll probably get it at some point, as I trust the implications of the single player's goodness and there's not enough of that nowadays.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Sep 2011 18:54:35 15,231 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi chaps
    If any of you guys have completed/not getting on with R3, I have Demon's Souls Black Edition (100% complete and in excellent condition) I would swap for it, as long as it is in 100% condition of course. I have it on the Sept swaps thread, but just in case thought I would post here as well.
    PM me if interested.
    ta.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Pinky_Floyd 23 Sep 2011 22:37:39 8,268 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Demo is neat. I kept running out of ammo tho.
  • Accordi0n 23 Sep 2011 23:18:42 1,075 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quick run through of the demo, i liked it a lot, Big step up graphically from the multiplayer beta…im assuming thats just for singleplayer though.

I died a few times, mostly because i was rushing, but i also noticed a lack of ammo…on respawn it seems all the ammo and health already picked up remains gone…so a respawn rather than continuing from last checkpoint…might cause problems in tougher sections of the game if that is in retail?

Definitely ensured i buy the game eventually, though El Shaddai, Child of Eden and Ico/SotC have my money this month.
  • mcmothercruncher 23 Sep 2011 23:45:27 7,555 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Getting to the end now, the last three chapters and I seem to be being swamped with sniping, rocket shooting bar stewards. Bit of a difficulty spike and it feels a bit cheap to be honest after a great game to this point..
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Sep 2011 00:28:51 25,316 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup totally agree.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• Pinky_Floyd 24 Sep 2011 10:27:44 8,268 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Accordi0n wrote:
    Quick run through of the demo, i liked it a lot, Big step up graphically from the multiplayer beta im assuming thats just for singleplayer though.

I died a few times, mostly because i was rushing, but i also noticed a lack of ammo on respawn it seems all the ammo and health already picked up remains gone so a respawn rather than continuing from last checkpoint might cause problems in tougher sections of the game if that is in retail?

Definitely ensured i buy the game eventually, though El Shaddai, Child of Eden and Ico/SotC have my money this month.
    Was surprised how much I struggled, yet enjoyed the demo. Ammo and health was a real problem and I died an embarressing number of times.

Hated how the demo ended. Did I kill the beast or not?  Grrrrrrrr.
  • RyanDS 24 Sep 2011 11:33:35 9,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just played the demo, loved it. Such a change to play a FPS that actually requires some skill and planning rather than the 30 second ADHD Halo type "shoot and get shot, hide while health reappears, shoot and get shot, hide until health reapears... repeat ad nauseum."

Fuck I hope this is succesful enough that it marks a resurgent in proper FPS ideals of medi packs and weapon wheels.
  • Progguitarist 24 Sep 2011 19:10:05 10,509 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Give it a shot, it's a great game and the campaign is bags of fun in co op. Shame it doesn't have a survival/horde mode of some sort although I think I read they were adding it via DLC.
  • Gregolution 26 Sep 2011 14:09:40 3,853 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Give it a shot, it's a great game and the campaign is bags of fun in co op. Shame it doesn't have a survival/horde mode of some sort although I think I read they were adding it via DLC.
    Yeah agreed, would be good to have a dedicated coop mode - something I'm coming to expect from good titles.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• ElNuevo9 26 Sep 2011 14:13:50 13,550 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been giving the multiplayer a bash this morning, it's really good fun, especially now they've sorted the lag.

Not massively deep, but certainly entertaining.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2011 19:35:54 15,231 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chaps
    Just got this and it has a code for online play (I think that is what it is for). Why is this needed when psn is free ?
    if you buy 2nd hand would you be unable to play online ?

• uk-kob 1 Oct 2011 19:46:09 130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    if the codes been used before, you wont be able to play online, unless you buy a pass for about £7.
  • KayJay 1 Oct 2011 19:53:37 5,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's to tackle 2nd hand buyers getting more for less. If you by the game new online is free, you just need to enter the included code.
    If it's 2nd hand as uk-kob says you will need to purchase the online pass separately.
  • KayJay 1 Oct 2011 19:56:07 5,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you did buy it 2nd hand obviously check the code, the game is only a few weeks old so there is every possibility the person that traded your copy may not have given the online elements a go. Win win.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2011 19:58:01 15,231 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers boys. So it is the same system as the 360 games then. Gits...can't blame them I suppose.

• D_arkTrooper 1 Oct 2011 21:25:54 1,337 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still trying to get this cheap(ish) on eBay.

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• DUFFMAN5 1 Oct 2011 21:47:19 15,231 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm looking forward to see how this one plays. I completed Gears 3 only a few hours ago...

...let the battle of the 3's start ;)

• djronz. 3 Oct 2011 07:18:23 287 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just won a copy off ebay for £25.99, after playing the demo a few times it seems definitely worth it and still has the psn pass!

I loved the old school sensibilities this game seems to have, non regen health, glowing weak spots etc and the fact that its not like a certain other very popular fps where you feel like your in a shooting gallery.

I love R1, was pretty "meh" with R2 but looking forward to this.
  • Tiberius_Gracchus 6 Oct 2011 18:07:21 168 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else having problems getting online? I keep getting booted with the error code "20000013".
    I bought the game brand new with the network pass and now I cant bloody well play online.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Oct 2011 20:10:59 15,231 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would be up for some coop on the campaign in the next couple of weeks, if anyone fancies it ? as yet I do not have a headset mind you so it might be a lonely affair...

• Deleted user 6 October 2011 20:55:17
    R3 single player campaign is brilliant.

I still adore R1 I dunno why but R3 is taut, frenetic and old school just blow shit up.
  • IronGiant 7 Oct 2011 10:06:49 4,614 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished the campaign, really enjoyed it though as I'm playing through Deus ex as well I wish resistance had the option to hide behind cover :)
  • shamblemonkee 7 Oct 2011 10:12:00 14,601 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lovefilm plopped this through the door yesterday, played roughly an hour - very classical design so far it seems (healthpacks!?) but the guns so far all have great ideas behind them, especially loving the Auger.

The only thing i've not liked entirely is far is that the enemy don't seem to really react to being hit?
  • krushing 7 Oct 2011 12:02:06 777 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:The only thing i've not liked entirely is far is that the enemy don't seem to really react to being hit?

See my rantin' at the top of this page :)
  • shamblemonkee 7 Oct 2011 12:03:51 14,601 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    heh, oh yeah.. I'd agree with that.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last