Resistance 3 Page 12

  • Page

    of 16 First / Last

  • ThemisB 11 Sep 2011 22:36:23 2,781 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BTW, do you keep your weapon upgrades for subsequent playthroughs even if you play on a higher difficulty?
  • Scurrminator 11 Sep 2011 23:02:42 8,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    This game is awful!!!

    Don't play it then, i'm really enjoying it. Anyone after a decent single player campaign should get this.

    I'll list here some reasons why it's crap.
    it looks ropey for the most part.
    Sound mix is awful, DTS my arse. Can never hear the music.
    Cutscenes are compressed, no excuse with the disc space.
    Controls are super stiff.
    In 3D the resolution is awful and the sound becomes horribly out of sync.
    The bosses are silly for the widow maker you just hide behind a wall and shoot it with the see through wall gun
    it's just not exciting.
    It's generic on every level, some mildly interesting weapons but nothing original.

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Progguitarist 11 Sep 2011 23:18:50 10,400 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.

  • Gaol 11 Sep 2011 23:30:56 2,263 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just reached New York, can't believe how quickly I've lapped this up. The campaign is terrific - this is the first game since Portal 2 that I've not been able to put down for hours on end. I'll list here some reasons why it's great.

    Controls seem perfect for an arcade style shooter
    Weapons are well designed and feel great
    Story is much more involved thanks to likeable characters, and the fact that it's all presented on a human level
    The changes of pace and location keep things fresh throughout
    It's a game that's happy to be a game - glowing weak spots, carry all weapons, energy pick ups - yes please
  • Scurrminator 11 Sep 2011 23:45:39 8,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.


    No; I was merely backing up my opinion with my thoughts on the game.
    I also think gaol needs to play more games...

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Progguitarist 11 Sep 2011 23:53:17 10,400 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you ever heard of the word "subjective"?
  • Gaol 11 Sep 2011 23:54:44 2,263 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.


    No; I was merely backing up my opinion with my thoughts on the game.
    I also think gaol needs to play more games...

    No, I could probably do with playing less :p I just really like Resistance 3. You sound like you hate it though, you'd better sell it quick cause I don't think it's value will hold.
  • Syrette 12 Sep 2011 00:07:53 43,063 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.


    Erm, how exactly?

    He listed reasons as to why he doesn't like it, in the exact subjective manner and style that people do if they're commenting positively on it. Unless the author actually specifies that what they're stating is factual, isn't it common sense to assume what they're saying is just their opinion?

  • Rauha 12 Sep 2011 00:14:16 4,271 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.


    Erm, how exactly?

    He listed reasons as to why he doesn't like it, in the exact subjective manner and style that people do if they're commenting positively on it. Unless the author actually specifies that what they're stating is factual, isn't it common sense to assume what they're saying is just their opinion?

    By that defintion;

    I'll list here some reasons why it's crap.

    should be ....

    I'll list here some reasons why I think it's crap.

    Regardless, people gonna hate, people gonna love it. Like every game no?
  • ElNino9 12 Sep 2011 01:34:19 13,286 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished it tonight; excellent game, found it hard to put down and did it in 3 sittings. Far better than KillZone 3.

    Anyone who says it's rubbish is a cunt.

    /winky face

    Hated, adored, never ignored.

  • Ahskay 12 Sep 2011 02:47:09 107 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CaptainQuint wrote:
    Ignoring (for now) the horrible lag online, has anyone else noticed how basic the multiplayer interface and lobby functionality is? There appears to be no region filtering options whatsoever; the post-game carnage report looks like it was thrown together with Microsoft Word, and the stats themselves are only the most rudimentary things like Kills, Deaths and Assists. There doesn't appear to be anything which allows you to look at other players profiles/stats etc; you can't see who has a mic and who does not (in-game), and just how the hell are you supposed to mute noisy American fuck-wits, of which there seems to be more than normal?

    Playing this online takes me back about five years. I hope they update it with the basic functionality we've come to expect. Or maybe it's my fault for normally playing everything on Xbox Live.

    When you press start while ingame you can mute any person you dislike, you can also do it in the lobby by selecting the options off a player. For the stats you go in your profile to see you multiplayer stats, singleplayer stats and global stats.

    Pretty straightforward really.
  • King_Edward 12 Sep 2011 07:44:02 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rauha wrote:

    Syrette wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    You say it like your opinion is a statement of fact that we should all take as gospel.


    Erm, how exactly?

    He listed reasons as to why he doesn't like it, in the exact subjective manner and style that people do if they're commenting positively on it. Unless the author actually specifies that what they're stating is factual, isn't it common sense to assume what they're saying is just their opinion?

    By that defintion;

    I'll list here some reasons why it's crap.

    should be ....

    I'll list here some reasons why I think it's crap.

    Regardless, people gonna hate, people gonna love it. Like every game no?


    I think the point was that you should assume they're his thoughts rather than facts, even if he doesn't bother to say so.

    Anyone finished this and ready to sell/swap yet?

    /lurks
  • IronGiant 12 Sep 2011 10:42:20 4,474 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    IronGiant wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    This game is awful!!!

    Don't play it then, i'm really enjoying it. Anyone after a decent single player campaign should get this.

    I'll list here some reasons why it's crap.
    it looks ropey for the most part.
    Sound mix is awful, DTS my arse. Can never hear the music.
    Cutscenes are compressed, no excuse with the disc space.
    Controls are super stiff.
    In 3D the resolution is awful and the sound becomes horribly out of sync.
    The bosses are silly for the widow maker you just hide behind a wall and shoot it with the see through wall gun
    it's just not exciting.
    It's generic on every level, some mildly interesting weapons but nothing original.

    Visuals are not cutting edge by a long shot but they keep the game fast and smooth, haven't seen any slowdown as yet.

    Sound through my system is fine, no problem hearing the music.

    Controls are great, have you tried upping the sensitivity in the options.

    Can't comment on 3D.

    It's no less exciting than a game like halo.
  • Gregolution 12 Sep 2011 10:52:11 3,165 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry but the 3D is fantastic, maybe your tele is rubbish? Of course theres a loss of resolution, but thats a given for any 3D game this gen and IMO the effects more than make up for it.
  • Kano-11 12 Sep 2011 10:54:22 38 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished the game. The ending was sort of an anti-climax imo. The weapon wheel and the leveling up of weapons is utter genius. My only grip with Resistance 3 storywise is that(This is really just nitpicking)You have to invest all this time getting to like Capelli when you've spent the last two games following Nathen Hale's story and his struggle with the virus. I always felt Resistance would have been a trilogy following Hale's struggle with the virus. R3 just seemed to be a offshoot story within the whole Resistance universe. I know it was meant to be, i mean where do you go after you kill your protagonist from the previous 2 games?. IMO killing Hale in R2 was a big mistake. The whole ending from R2 could have been handled better.
    Overall I really enjoyed it BUT I'm still trading it in - the multiplayer has never done anything for me and i can't find much replay value out of it other than trying to get most of the single player trophies.
  • mcmothercruncher 12 Sep 2011 11:30:56 6,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How does the online pass shenanigans affect trade in value these days?

    This'll be traded for Dark Souls when it's out in a couple of weeks, I guess it's worth what it would normally be worth minus the cost of a pass?
  • Scurrminator 12 Sep 2011 11:31:38 8,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Sorry but the 3D is fantastic, maybe your tele is rubbish? Of course theres a loss of resolution, but thats a given for any 3D game this gen and IMO the effects more than make up for it.

    Trust me, the kit i use is far from 'rubbish'.
    It suffers from horrible ghosting and shit frame rate/resolution the same as every single 3D game (bar super stardust HD).

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Scurrminator 12 Sep 2011 11:32:15 8,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    How does the online pass shenanigans affect trade in value these days?

    This'll be traded for Dark Souls when it's out in a couple of weeks, I guess it's worth what it would normally be worth minus the cost of a pass?

    They will assume you've used it as they cannot check.

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • FearCrads 12 Sep 2011 12:20:52 38 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Im about half way through the campaign and im loving it so far. Some bits are really quite tence. Must finish it because its holding me back starting Dead Island.
  • mcmothercruncher 12 Sep 2011 16:08:57 6,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks Scurrminator. So I might as well use the code and try the multiplayer out anyway I 'spose.

    I'm really enjoying it too. Looks superb at points what with all the atmospheric effects going on. The surround sound is a welcome addition too. Aside from Naughty Dog, not many developers seem to bother to offer non-digital surround support leaving me playing in Linear bollocks mode 95% of the time on the PS3.

    With the likeable characters, nice environments and amped up fighting, it's got more 'chutzpah' than most shooters I've played this year.
  • Ahskay 12 Sep 2011 18:52:47 107 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kano-11 wrote:
    Just finished the game. The ending was sort of an anti-climax imo. The weapon wheel and the leveling up of weapons is utter genius. My only grip with Resistance 3 storywise is that(This is really just nitpicking)You have to invest all this time getting to like Capelli when you've spent the last two games following Nathen Hale's story and his struggle with the virus. I always felt Resistance would have been a trilogy following Hale's struggle with the virus. R3 just seemed to be a offshoot story within the whole Resistance universe. I know it was meant to be, i mean where do you go after you kill your protagonist from the previous 2 games?. IMO killing Hale in R2 was a big mistake. The whole ending from R2 could have been handled better.
    Overall I really enjoyed it BUT I'm still trading it in - the multiplayer has never done anything for me and i can't find much replay value out of it other than trying to get most of the single player trophies.

    But you do like him in the end though :)

    When he's in new York and broadcasts that message to his wife i really was engaged in his story. And then with that battle against the spider bots i kept killing everything and just when i was running around looking for health i thought i died but then help came along. Cliché as hell but i enjoyed it.
  • mikeck 12 Sep 2011 20:42:41 1,903 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FearCrads wrote:
    Im about half way through the campaign and im loving it so far. Some bits are really quite tence. Must finish it because its holding me back starting Dead Island.

    I'm in exactly the same boat...but I also have to finish Deus Ex too. Too many games, not enough time :D
  • gooner77 12 Sep 2011 23:12:36 729 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    just finished campaign, really enjoyed it but wish I had played it on hard instead of normal
  • Deleted user 12 September 2011 23:16:42
    Great campaign so far full of nice subtle touches and nice changes of pace/scenary.

    Not played a desent single player campaign like this for ages. Reminds me though of Metro 2033 at times.

    But it sure looks like gash at times...............proper fugly with vasoline-o-vision, which is pretty inexcusable. Playing R3 and then going to Uncharted 2 or Killzone 3, makes the game look like PS2 quality at times.

    Not being a graphics whore but its a damn shame.
  • IronGiant 12 Sep 2011 23:42:43 4,474 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah it's a real shame considering they should have access to the Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch tech.. or maybe they don't if they're not owned by Sony.
  • Progguitarist 13 Sep 2011 01:23:38 10,400 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a riot in co op. Atomizing Grims ftw!
  • king26 13 Sep 2011 01:44:31 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    An excellent SP, but the MP is miles behind Killzone 3 imo. Though it is refreshing to see a developer make very good shooter that puts a lot of effort into the campaign.
  • uk-kob 14 Sep 2011 05:01:56 126 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just finished r3, had a great time, the weapons are realy cool! all 12 weapons are unique, and fun to use, going to play again on brutal next.
  • Gaol 14 Sep 2011 21:34:03 2,263 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished myself; the closing chapters went on too long - game cracks along at a great pace till you reach New York then there's four levels of non-stop enemies - 1 or 2 levels of that would have sufficed as a climax.

    Really enjoyed it, the best Resistance, and probably the best single player FPS experience I've had on PS3.
  • mcmothercruncher 17 Sep 2011 12:34:02 6,451 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    V much enjoying this still, probably about half way through. Poked my head into multiplayer last night too and now thereby declare it the BEST EVER MULTIPLAYER GAME. Because I got a better Kill to death ratio for once. Touch of lag though, hope it gets patched the feck out.
  • Page

    of 16 First / Last

Log in or register to reply