Resistance 3

• Page

of 16 First / Last

Previous
  • Samuel_Barros 23 Jan 2010 16:18:34 1,250 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Insomniac working on next PS3 Exclusive

We've found a job listing from Insomniac Games which reveals that the Ratchet & Clank and Resistance developers are working on their next title, and as expected, it's a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

The job listing is for an FX Artist, and states that "Insomniac Games is looking for an artist to create effects to work and assist in gameplay, environment, and the cinematics of the game."

http://connectedconsoles.com/articlecontent/images/insomniacjl.jpg

The developers latest title, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time was only released in November last year, so it's unlikely to be the next instalment of the R&C series. A few months ago though, a picture of a billboard with the logo of Resistance 3 sprung up on the internet (top of page), so we expect this is the next title in the FPS series.

Sourcez: ConnectedConsoles.com

I know it has not been confirmed yet, but surely it will soon enough.
    I already created the topic so we can share ideas about what this game can bring.

• Deleted user 23 January 2010 17:13:44
    Jesus Christ. Anger level has increased, mana has dropped.

/Contemplates making Killzone 3 thread right now.
  • Phily50 23 Jan 2010 17:17:40 2,199 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TEH PS7 IS COMING!
  • frugtkompot 23 Jan 2010 19:13:52 2,819 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So what are your ideas - then?
  • JYM60 23 Jan 2010 19:21:16 16,826 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    R2 was shit.

Overhaul or don't bother.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• Phily50 23 Jan 2010 19:25:23 2,199 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JYM60 wrote:
    R2 was shit.

This. Resistance 1 was great, for a launch title anyway, but R2 was shit, especially when compared with the likes of Killzone.
  • Deleted user 23 January 2010 19:27:16
    JYM60 wrote:
    R2 was shit.

R2 was an overhaul itself. A responce to Resistancce being so bad.

If they insist on making an FPS I think they should make something ridiculous like Duke Nukem 3D.
  • Scimarad 24 Jan 2010 11:15:15 8,547 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Slight problem with that; Resistance:FoM was great (in co-op particularly) but R2 was a big pile of crap that missed the point entirely.
  • Fake_Blood 24 Jan 2010 11:18:08 4,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I almost finished R1 when I bought it, tried to get back into it last year but meh.
    So it wasn't so bad when there wasn't anything else around to play.
  • IronGiant 24 Jan 2010 13:28:12 4,505 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really enjoyed R1 in single player and online, R2 single player was rubbish but online was decent. R3 needs to raise the bar somewhat or the franchise will die a slow death.
  • Pedrolot 24 Jan 2010 14:33:24 1,939 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    R1 was king.

Ive had plenty of good games with Jimbo, Pedro and Red..

PSN: Pedrolot

• ElNino9 24 Jan 2010 14:34:49 13,427 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pedrolot wrote:
    R1 was king.

Ive had plenty of good games with, Pedro

Playing with yourself?

You'll go blind you know... :)

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Cappy 24 Jan 2010 14:42:00 11,940 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shall I get the Resistance 4 thread kicked off now?

Somebody is going to be feeling totally embarrassed if Sony have actually decided to kill the series, a distinct possibility, the first one only sold because there wasn't much else to buy. With all the FPS competition on the PS3 nowadays and two games that didn't set the world alight calling it quits is the sensible thing to do. They're better off putting money into something that third parties don't deluge the platform with already.
  • kentmonkey 24 Jan 2010 14:44:19 20,684 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Resistance 2 was utter dirge. I've no idea how it reviewed so well on here. Well other than Dan being the reviewer.
  • RetardStrong 24 Jan 2010 15:11:39 3,229 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I quite liked R2 had good fun with it, it's far from a terrible game but internet hyperbole makes it seem like it's one of the worst games on PS3, which it isn't.
  • Deleted user 24 January 2010 15:26:13
    R2 was utter twaddle. More R+C pleez!
  • Psychotext 24 Jan 2010 15:31:27 54,200 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kill it with fire.
  • Deleted user 24 January 2010 15:33:35
    FFS, the only reason RFoM sold at all is because at launch there were very few games. i'd wish they'd stop making this shit.
  • Deleted user 24 January 2010 15:33:47
    Cappy wrote:
    Shall I get the Resistance 4 thread kicked off now?

Somebody is going to be feeling totally embarrassed if Sony have actually decided to kill the series, a distinct possibility, the first one only sold because there wasn't much else to buy. With all the FPS competition on the PS3 nowadays and two games that didn't set the world alight calling it quits is the sensible thing to do. They're better off putting money into something that third parties don't deluge the platform with already.

:)

Good idea ... I'll start up the Uncharted 3 thread ... oh wait FFS.
  • BartonFink 24 Jan 2010 16:28:32 34,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    R1 was pretty damned good ... R2 not so much they completely fucked up the single player and co-op.
  • Aretak 24 Jan 2010 16:33:43 10,352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    R2 was fantastic. Both single and multiplayer.
  • ElNino9 24 Jan 2010 16:34:46 13,427 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    R1 was pretty damned good ... R2 not so much they completely fucked up the single player and co-op.

Agreed.

I still enjoyed R2, but they placed to much emphasis on online and subsequently neglected the single player. Like I said though, I still enjoyed it.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Widge Moderator 24 Jan 2010 16:43:07 13,573 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What I didn't like about R1 was the opening was so BORING. It took getting past the first 2 locations to actually become vaguely interesting. The map design, story and pacing really needed a look at. I did like the narrative style (less so the huge amount of loading), plus it was so nice to see a game set in the UK!

I found it played, and felt like, they'd taken Half Life 2, mashed it up with Day Of Defeat:Source and stuck it out. You might think "whats wrong with that" but I found Half Life 2 disappointing too and that was another game I abandoned halfway through.

Resistance 2 wasn't helped by the fact Killzone 2 was right on the radar too. I was of the mindset that I was going to have time in my life for one or the other, and went for Killzone instead.

HAH, rumblings of Killzone 3 on Neogaf. That would ruin the Resistance 3 party somewhat.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Triggerhappytel 24 Jan 2010 17:30:52 2,695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I liked Resistance 2. It wasn't amazing, but I thought it was a good, solid FPS with good enemies, epic set-pieces and excellent weaponry. I would probably give it a 7/10 for the single-player alone, and maybe another point for the online modes. To be honest, I didn't think much of the EXP grindfest co-op modes; I would rather they either make the campaign good for co-op or make actual co-op only missions.

Looking forward to the third game though; not least of all for the plot.
  • BartonFink 24 Jan 2010 17:48:10 34,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ye see that was exactly the problem with single player 90% of the time you have some buddy along with you and yet they had no co-op it looked like they started off with that in mind and then just simply left it out to save costs or meet a release deadline.
  • RetardStrong 24 Jan 2010 17:52:19 3,229 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    But there was cop, online that is and they actually tried to do something different and judging from a lot of comments in here, people gave them hell for it.
  • Deleted user 24 January 2010 18:05:31
    R1 was great shooter with a great alternative storyline, setting it in the Uk was great and great weaponry. The black and white historical narrative was a great touch.

R2 was overblown bull shit with a craptastic ending and they sold out by moving it all to the USA.
  • BartonFink 24 Jan 2010 18:10:27 34,921 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:
    But there was cop, online that is and they actually tried to do something different and judging from a lot of comments in here, people gave them hell for it.
    But the co-op was shite
  • Triggerhappytel 24 Jan 2010 18:11:54 2,695 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RetardStrong wrote:

But as I said, I'd rather play through the campaign with a buddy or three and play through proper levels than be dropped in a fairly uninteresting map with little more than a grind fest required.

I appreciate what they tried to do, I just didn't think it worked that well.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last

Previous