Guess I'm a bit late to the party... Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Pinky_Floyd 15 Sep 2011 23:18:04 7,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spacedelete wrote:
    "Wii, gamecube, is there a difference given that the internals of a wii are the almost the same as a gamecube, it takes gamecube controllers and.memory cards and it even plays gamecube games?"

It even has the definitive version of some gamecube games, thanks be to the gods for metroid prime trilogy.

Apologies for rogue full stops, mobile keyboards suck :)"

lol your kidding me ? you need a wiimote which requires batteries just to surf the main menu plus what's the point in a wii when its best feature is to play gamecube games ?

i had a wii and its one of the worst gaming experiences in my life. terrible interface, terrible 3rd party games, tacked on motion controller and most games including super mario galaxy 2 could have been done on the gamecube.

plus i have both metroid 1 and 2 ( both fantastic games ), zelda wind waker, resident evil 4, super mario sunshine etc. i don't need a wii.

Edited by spacedelete at 23:13:25 15-09-2011
    Does the wii controller need batteries? Fancy that! So does one of the finest controllers ever made, the wavebird. Now you mention it, i can't think of any wireless controller that doesn't run on battery power. Unless you think that changing the battery in a wii controller is a somewhat complex job?  And fancy having to use the said controller to.navigate the menus, unlike the gamecube where we could just control it with our minds!

Your arguments are just too good, I'm convinced.
  • mrpon 15 Sep 2011 23:21:25 28,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    It has all them holes on the sides for a reason. I don't think it would last that long shut in a drawer.
    I'm a chancer :) maybe half an hour gaming sessions could work.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Pinky_Floyd 15 Sep 2011 23:36:56 7,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spacedelete wrote:
    pink floyd i don't use the wavebird i use the regular gamecube wired controller. plus i have a wired 360 controller and the ps3 doesn't take batteries and is rechargable from the usb cable.

i hate anything that uses batteries no matter how good it is. i want to just play a game not worry when the batteries are going to die out.
    Its OK, you can call me pinky. Do you play your ps3 pad constantly plugged in? Do you get angry when the light flashes to tell you its low on power? Have you ever hurt an animal for fun? How is the relationship with your mother? 
  • warlockuk 15 Sep 2011 23:39:33 19,142 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Stegofreak wrote:
    mal wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    Soul Calibur 2 was awesome.

On the Dreamcast.

Whut?

My thoughts exactly.
    I meant to say Xbox I think. Either that or I meant Soul Calibur 1. It was quite late at night when I posted that... :D

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Salaman 16 Sep 2011 11:12:49 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bah. You remineded me that I need to finish RE4, and start Super Mario sunshine.
    And Pikmin and Majora's mask ... and ... and .. and

/cries ;_;
  • kalel 16 Sep 2011 11:14:55 86,743 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All the talk of Tie Fighter yesterday was making me very nostalgic for the GC Rogue Squadron games. Think they were the best console Star Wars games ever. Would love to see a shiny HD version. would look so awesome on my big telly.
  • DaM 16 Sep 2011 11:18:57 12,968 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Bah. You remineded me that I need to finish RE4, and start Super Mario sunshine.
    And Pikmin and Majora's mask ... and ... and .. and

/cries ;_;

Just add them to your Retirement ToDo list!
  • Salaman 16 Sep 2011 11:19:07 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks Kalel! That's another one.
    Although I think I was stuck on some mission that I tried 5-6 times and gave up on.
    :-/
  • kalel 16 Sep 2011 11:19:47 86,743 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, they were quite hard. Don't think I completed either of the ones I had.
  • LeoliansBro 16 Sep 2011 11:20:06 43,632 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Used to play the Endor dogfight level on a huge projector screen in my front room, with the interior cockpit view. About the most immersive experience I've had, blinking at the white flash from the explosions, darting under the huge capital ships. They got the feel perfectly.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Salaman 16 Sep 2011 11:35:58 18,952 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Damn .. that probably comes after the annoying bomb run level that I just couldn't get past. :-(

I wish every game had some sort of option that unlock after you tried a mission/level 10 times or so.
    "You seem to suck at this game. Do you want to skip this mission/level now?"
  • kalel 16 Sep 2011 15:54:37 86,743 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Damn .. that probably comes after the annoying bomb run level that I just couldn't get past. :-(

I wish every game had some sort of option that unlock after you tried a mission/level 10 times or so.
    "You seem to suck at this game. Do you want to skip this mission/level now?"

There was a bit about this on Gameswipe. Does seem odd that we are denied content that we've paid for just because we're not good enough to earn it.
  • mrpon 16 Sep 2011 15:56:16 28,694 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We've moved on from wired controllers now spacedel, some of us more affluent forumites have large living rooms.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Pinky_Floyd 19 Oct 2011 07:37:05 7,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    spacedelete wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    spacedelete wrote:
    pink floyd i don't use the wavebird i use the regular gamecube wired controller. plus i have a wired 360 controller and the ps3 doesn't take batteries and is rechargable from the usb cable.

i hate anything that uses batteries no matter how good it is. i want to just play a game not worry when the batteries are going to die out.
    Its OK, you can call me pinky. Do you play your ps3 pad constantly plugged in? Do you get angry when the light flashes to tell you its low on power? Have you ever hurt an animal for fun? How is the relationship with you and my mother? 
    okay pinky. no but it doesn't take batteries does it ? no I don't I just plug the charger in and carry on playing. yes i have once kicked a puppy in the face just for the hell of it. me and your mother's relationship is just fine :)

Edited by spacedelete at 15:55:56 16-09-2011
    Spacedelete is back!

\o/
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next