Neptune's Pride

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Bloodloss 14 Jan 2010 13:54:26 4,499 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New browser 4x type thingy-majig currrently in open beta. It's apparently made by a former member of Irrational Games according to RPS. I remember a lot of interest among EGers of things like Ikariam and Travian back in the day, so maybe we can get some EG games going, if it's any good that is. I just got into a game, seems alright so far, despite the fact I have no idea what to do..
  • Bloodloss 20 Jan 2010 15:04:45 4,499 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is actually getting pretty good now. Took awhile to start up though.
  • sargulesh 12 Feb 2010 01:30:04 3,281 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This looks intriguing... but complicated.
  • Bloodloss 12 Feb 2010 01:33:24 4,499 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not that complicated really. Give it a go. The only problem I have with it is that the only way to win is by combat, and the trade/alliances are a bit shallow.. also, when it becomes clear you're going to lose, there's not much point in continuing. The upcoming changes such as unique abilities for each race will hopefully alleviate these problems somewhat.

• Bloodloss 10 Mar 2010 14:34:50 4,499 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RPS have just posted an excellent first part of their Neptune's Pride diary. I stopped playing this awhile ago, but I'll probably play more when they implement a few of the features they've said about.
  • jellyhead 10 Mar 2010 14:55:10 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I looked at it but i'd just started playing Solium Infernum and wanted to concentrate on that. It's still on my radar so cheers for the reminder.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Batfink 26 Jan 2012 00:44:44 238 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gah. I have to post this here, because anywhere else I frequent will be seen by my opponents. THIS FUCKING GAME. I'm only playing a simple 3 player game, but the amount of paranoia, trust, deception and cooperation that I've been through has left me an emotional wreck. And it's not even been 10 turns (days) since the game began. I'm in the weakest position by the numbers, but I reckon the guy in 2nd place thinks that he's in a safe alliance with both of us. He promised me help in my attack on the central star, but backed out at the last minute, despite my recently improved scanning skill revealing his reinforcements on their way. It is obvious he means to betray me. Well, I will have the last laugh. It is late at night and I have the advantage of surprise. In the morning, he will wake to my concentrated fleet bearing down on his industrial planet that he though was behind safe lines. I have calculated the impossiblity of him being able to turn around his fleet in time. By the time he manages to get something there, I will hold the star and have an extra +1 weapon skill over the +1 I already have (and he will be without the +1 that I promised to trade to him). THE FOOL!

And that's what Neptune's Pride does to you.

Edited by Batfink at 00:45:21 26-01-2012
  • Khanivor 26 Jan 2012 01:26:51 40,962 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sounds intriguing.
  • Metalfish 26 Jan 2012 01:39:42 8,852 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After reading the RPS journal, it sounds like a carnival or bastardry and insomnia-inducing paranoia. Speaking of which... ...why the fuck am I still awake?
  • LockeTribal 16 Apr 2013 11:24:29 4,527 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So Neptune's Pride 2 (linky) is now out and free. Anyone fancy putting a game together sometime? I know nothing about it other than that I very much enjoyed the RPS game diary of the first Neptune's Pride from last year (or whenever it was).
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next