Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC version) Page 4

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 March 2010 17:02:52
    Heh. Like the digs at MW2 that keep cropping up. 'pussies with heartbeat sensors' and all that.

Also random PC-only tip - no matter where you buy it from (online or disc), you can use the product key to register it on the EA Downloader, which'll be handy for backup purposes and whatnot. This has been the case for every EA game since 2008 or so, but hardly anyone seems to know about it.
  • Metalfish 6 Mar 2010 17:07:15 8,786 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The saigai auto shotgun is transformed by the ammo upgrade. Being able to spam the trigger without having to reload every 2 seconds means you can let off that extra round to make sure someone dies rather than getting headshotted by the massively over-powered M1911 pistol.
  • absolutezero 6 Mar 2010 17:15:20 7,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    white_frank_white wrote:
    DICE associate producer Barrie Tingle has revealed that at the moment, during the week of the game's retail release, more people are playing the PC version of the game than both the 360 and PS3 editions combined.

There's hope for the future yet

Psychotext thinks thats because no one bought the console versions. :( We are still doomed.
  • ChampionAdam 6 Mar 2010 20:23:45 96 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can anybody recommend a clan (UK) that I could join that doesn't require 100 years of waiting, and that I teach the cousins of every clan forum mod how to stitch cardigans, or whatnot?

I'm an adult.

I like playing PC games.

I will not threaten to stab your cat if you shoot me repeatedly in BFBC2.

Please?

Adam
  • Khanivor 7 Mar 2010 09:39:08 40,388 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Where's the early morning carnage?
  • Deleted user 7 March 2010 09:46:53
  • matrim83 7 Mar 2010 10:25:15 5,587 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Heh. Like the digs at MW2 that keep cropping up. 'pussies with heartbeat sensors' and all that.

Also random PC-only tip - no matter where you buy it from (online or disc), you can use the product key to register it on the EA Downloader, which'll be handy for backup purposes and whatnot. This has been the case for every EA game since 2008 or so, but hardly anyone seems to know about it.

So its basically like Steamworks? If I loose the game disc I can just redownload it from EA?

Valar morghulis.

• WrongShui 7 Mar 2010 10:33:41 6,599 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Collapsing buildings with an objective in it seems over powered.

I was just laying into a building with the minigun on that passenger helicopter when the thing just folded in seconds.

Also rockets travel miles. I fired one at a tagged heli and a good 30 seconds later after spinning round the chopper it hit when it landed in the hills to repair.

Awesome stuff though, although I miss picking unlocks.
  • FixedInfinity 7 Mar 2010 11:08:15 1,682 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From what I've read, the servers themselves need to have Punkbuster updated as well.

There are meant to be a few servers which have been updated and are now working fine.
  • Khanivor 7 Mar 2010 11:17:52 40,388 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers Ranbir and Tora. Fraid I had a cookout tonight and this being a after a few hours drinking, some rock band then some white russians, it's nae wonder I sucked balls.

Nice to have some familiar names watching me die though.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Mar 2010 11:20:23 25,412 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    white_frank_white wrote:
    Yea, just a shame the only way I can connect is by joining a completely random server/game mode/map by selecting "Play now" :|
    I tried that last night and ended up playing Conquest on a map all on my own.

Flawless victory!
  • Razer 7 Mar 2010 12:11:30 1,029 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My love affair with this game is dwindling. After hardly playing at all on Friday/Saturday due to not being able to connect to servers and crashes to desktop, I settled down to some Sunday morning gaming....

I'm getting kicked every 30 seconds due to some Punkbuster problem. Updated Punkbuster, but it makes balls all difference. Damn frustrating as the server browser is still hit and miss so can take a while to find a game, then get kicked due to this punkbuster problem :(

Rinse and repeat that a few times, and I'm getting rather annoyed with it.
  • absolutezero 7 Mar 2010 12:28:08 7,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago

There was a minor update to the punkbuster client files last night. If you are finding yourself being kicked by Punkbuster, then download the pbsetup tool and update your client install.
    The PB servers are currently under heavy load, so you can get the PBSetup file from Fileplay

If you still experience kicks from your server, make sure you have uninstalled the Beta client from your system, and try restarting your server.

Thats what Multiplay have to say about the new stuff thats happening.
  • Razer 7 Mar 2010 12:39:45 1,029 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems to be some of the servers that need restarting to pick up this minor update...buggered if I can find one that doesn't kick me.

/cries
  • El_MUERkO 7 Mar 2010 13:56:06 16,951 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    will check mine now and restart if necessary
  • Metalfish 7 Mar 2010 14:01:19 8,786 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it's worth comparing this launch to CoD4's. When the server situation improves and the community beds in the experience will certainly be different.
  • El_MUERkO 7 Mar 2010 14:08:03 16,951 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right, server updated and restarted if anyone fancies a game:

KillerCreation.co.uk: Halibuts Big Boat
  • President_Weasel 7 Mar 2010 15:45:16 8,963 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are there any ports I need to have open, so I can actually get a ping figure for servers? I just get "-"

also I shall see if I can find your server and shoot you and Pyea in the face :)
  • magicpanda 7 Mar 2010 15:53:12 13,266 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Cheers Ranbir and Tora. Fraid I had a cookout tonight and this being a after a few hours drinking, some rock band then some white russians, it's nae wonder I sucked balls.

Nice to have some familiar names watching me die though.

Ahh so that's why you shot me in the face at point blank when i spawned behind you :D

Having loads of problems staying connected to games, lag, punkbuster kicks (I've updated and unistalled the beta).

At the moment its fucking rubbish.
  • FixedInfinity 7 Mar 2010 16:14:40 1,682 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think everyone expected that there would be problems, but it's still utter bollocks to experience.

Can almost bet that even when the Punkbuster problem is sorted, the EA master server will just die again anyway.
  • PearOfAnguish 7 Mar 2010 16:54:52 7,138 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't like the increasing amount of control publishers and developers have over game servers. In BF1942 anybody could run a server however they liked, which meant you got loads of fun modded servers, now everyone has to pay for them and they're all really serious, no low gravity, no nitro-boosted jeeps, no silly 1 second vehicle respawns.

No surprise there are problems with MP on this one either, DICE has never been able to get that right first time. I'm just amazed they managed to include widescreen support and a server browser favourites function at launch.
  • Jetset_UK 7 Mar 2010 16:56:21 3,560 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hoping to have a bit of a session of this tonight, have been helping a mate move house thise weekend, so not really tried it. Had a go while pissed on Friday, and only managed to connect via the 'play now' button.

Feel free to add me! Soilder 'Jetset_UK' reporting for cannon fodder.
  • Immaterial 7 Mar 2010 19:12:16 1,320 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've already posted this over in the Bad Company 2 PC group , but it's quite a good tweak/setup guide and deserves a wider audience:
    http://www.fragcast.org/?p=433

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• WrongShui 7 Mar 2010 19:21:31 6,599 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The play now option is hilarious, can't find a a game to get in on the server list so I give it a try, seven minutes later it tries to join a passworded private one.
  • dsmx 7 Mar 2010 19:42:17 7,555 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At the moment for me, the friends list is broken, the play now doesn't work, the server browser doesn't work properly, any server that runs PB I can't join, when I join a server that doesn't run PB I get kicked because PB didn't initialise.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• magicpanda 7 Mar 2010 20:17:51 13,266 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Same as you dsmx. Completely and utterly broken.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last